[SSB4] Newer Patch discussion, Mewtwo wins a major tourney

Jedi

Wait, you can combo into Finishing Touch? That sounds OP and bad.

doesn't really work anymore because aerial finishing touch was nerfed to death, even before it wasn't the biggest of issues because you could just hold shield against a cloud and the string wouldn't work.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, you can combo into Finishing Touch? That sounds OP and bad.

if the other person is dumb enough to get hit by a really, really late down aerial, then yes, it combos

i thought the only thing about finishing touch that was changed was its knockback growth? i guess that makes confirms into it when it KOs fewer though

Wow...didn't see this coming.

I was just randomly looking through the eShop and saw the update. Honestly, I'm more surprised at how much the patch changed than the patch's existence.

Some nerfs are a bit saddening, but I'll just have to revise my playstyle just a little bit. Although, with school and me needing to replace my 3DS, I haven't played Smash in about 2 months.

(And if I'm not mistake, did Ganondorf get buffed a bit? I'm not fully sure since I'm not good at understanding frames and the whatnot.)

Also, dang...they seemed to have a bit of a field day altering Samus(both of them)!

Oh, and while not a big Zelda player, huzzah for buffs! ;3

I think we'll be getting at least one more patch.

Reasoning is that the Ryu, Roy and Famicom ROB amiibo don't work in Version 1.1.4 (the game says they are unsupported) but 1.1.5 added the flags to let them be used.

Presumably the next patch will add flags for Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta amiibo. Though there isn't really a way of knowing if the flags are there already.

I wholeheartedly agree(besides, if they did have flags for those last 3, that would confirm they're mostly done making them...maybe). I imagine by then that Sakurai will take care of as much as he can for the last patch.

Although, that brings up a good question...

When the heck are the Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta amiibo coming out?!

EDIT: Darn it! My phone was acting up and I accidentally posted the same thing twice and I don't know how to delete the 2nd post! Really Sorry about that!

Wow...didn't see this coming.

I was just randomly looking through the eShop and saw the update. Honestly, I'm more surprised at how much the patch changed than the patch's existence.

Some nerfs are a bit saddening, but I'll just have to revise my playstyle just a little bit. Although, with school and me needing to replace my 3DS, I haven't played Smash in about 2 months.

(And if I'm not mistake, did Ganondorf get buffed a bit? I'm not fully sure since I'm not good at understanding frames and the whatnot.)

Also, dang...they seemed to have a bit of a field day altering Samus(both of them)!

Oh, and while not a big Zelda player, huzzah for buffs! ;3

I think we'll be getting at least one more patch.

Reasoning is that the Ryu, Roy and Famicom ROB amiibo don't work in Version 1.1.4 (the game says they are unsupported) but 1.1.5 added the flags to let them be used.

Presumably the next patch will add flags for Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta amiibo. Though there isn't really a way of knowing if the flags are there already.

I wholeheartedly agree(besides, if they did have flags for those last 3, that would confirm they're mostly done making them...maybe). I imagine by then that Sakurai will take care of as much as he can for the last patch.

Although, that brings up a good question...

When the heck are the Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta amiibo coming out?!

Edited by Busterman64

ganon's jab comes out a little bit faster now and has less cooldown (amount of frames after hitboxes go away). wizard's foot has more damage, side b's grab box is larger.

all smash games except 64 run at 60 frames per second. i think ganon's jab is now 28 frames long now, which is slightly under 1/2 second.

Edited by Comet

ganon's jab comes out a little bit faster now and has less cooldown (amount of frames after hitboxes go away). wizard's foot has more damage, side b's grab box is larger.

all smash games except 64 run at 60 frames per second. i think ganon's jab is now 28 frames long now, which is slightly under 1/2 second.

Longer side B grab box? Sweet!

I'm a sucker for SideB + Dsmash, so that's good to know! ;3

Hit the shield button right before you're slammed to the ground to perform a tech. Depending on directional input, you can get up, roll forward, or roll backward. If you tech, then Ganondorf has no guaranteed followups.

Hit the shield button right before you're slammed to the ground to perform a tech. Depending on directional input, you can get up, roll forward, or roll backward. If you tech, then Ganondorf has no guaranteed followups.

ganondorf's side-b has a 2 frame tech window....

Thats like saying you can tech someone hitting you against the stage when you are right next to the stage.

Regardless its a tech chase scenario.

Also I should mention that Ganondorf's grabbing animation is the biggest "Get ready to tech NOW" telegraph in the universe, so it's easier to tech than most other moves.

techs have 20 frame buffer, so it's not that hard. that said, gonon can still cover anything, not on reaction though.

Bump, and now I'm more cooled off, here you go with ZeRo's personal thoughts on Bayonetta and Sheik

I have to agree with what he said here. I have no problem with Bayonetta, but its the only character I absolutely hate fighting. I am not very good at this game, last time I looked at me win/lose ratio it was 27%, and that was before a match with about 5 loses in a row. Most of the time even though I keep losing, I keep going as its a learning experience for me, but with Bayonetta I might as well stand at the center of the stage and leave the controller because I cant even try with her. I get nothing but frustration fighting that character, and never really learn anything about my character because the matches go by so quick. And as I said before I dont hate the character at all, or the people who play her. My problem is She is the only character that I just cannot fight, win or lose.

And at Pound today (A pretty huge major)

The grand finals Match was Mewtwo (Abadango) vs Mario (Ally? I think) and Aba took it, so Mewtwo has officially won a MAJOR TOURNAMENT

Edited by Jedi

I'm so happy for the world's strongest Pokemon. Funny thing, I actually started playing a lot of Mewtwo over the past couple months.

I'm so happy for the world's strongest Pokemon. Funny thing, I actually started playing a lot of Mewtwo over the past couple months.

Same here, I wanted to play the dude since release but he was just so frustrating because of how bad he was. Thank you papa Sakurai for the Mewtwo buffs.

FYI the only characters that have won a major, afaik, are ZSS, Diddy and Mewtwo.

Mewtwo top tier when?

Honestly I've been calling Mewtwo top 15 since the patch came out because he's honestly really good now. I legitimately see him as being on a similar playing field with the Pits, Falcon and Ness.

I've stuck with Mewtwo for almost a year now (I've had him since launch and have constantly been using him since) and it's super nice to feel rewarded for the dedication.

FYI the only characters that have won a major, afaik, are ZSS, Diddy and Mewtwo.

If we count Japan you can put Sonic and Bayo on there too, among a few others.

Eh, people may just be underestimating the character; this will definitely increase awareness, and undoubtedly cause some sort of focus on Mewtwo counterplay. From there it will be easier to tell how good he is.

Eh, people may just be underestimating the character; this will definitely increase awareness, and undoubtedly cause some sort of focus on Mewtwo counterplay. From there it will be easier to tell how good he is.

Still huge that he managed to win a major regardless!