Boon/Bane and Final Class for Revelations

vanguard333

I finished my first playthrough of Birthright, and I am extremely close to finishing my first playthrough of Conquest.

For Birthright, I chose +Speed -Res. I liked it, apart from the fact that even using dragonstones I couldn't play Corrin very defensively (and I had to keep him away from magic users). I found the ability to also heal others nice if a bit strange for an otherwise offensive unit.

For Conquest, knowing that the Yato in that version boosts defense and res, I chose +HP and -Def because I heard that that combination would be able to withstand a lot of enemy attacks. Despite the Yato and Dragonstones, it wasn't. My HP was second to only Keaton, but my defence and res were still in the 10s by the time I was level 20/10. I liked the ability to use tomes but it was a bit redundant when I already had Elise, Felicia and Leo as magic units.

In Revelation I plan on using either Hoshido Noble or Nohr Noble and I plan on using both the Yato and dragonstones (I found it surprisingly useful in both routes). I know that the Yato boosts strength, speed, defence and res. I don't know whether Hoshido Noble or Nohr Noble would be better for Revelations and I don't know what boon/bane would be best for utilizing the strength and speed boost when wielding swords as well as the boost to defences when using dragonstones. Essentially, I need a build that doesn't compromise strength, magic, speed, or whichever defensive stat is more useful (defence or res). So I'm asking:

What Boon/Bane is best for Revelations and which final class is better: Hoshido Noble or Nohr Noble?

For me, I chose to go with Nohr Noble and +Speed, -Luck. (Felt ballsy going with - Luck, but still worked out fairly well thanks to being a lord class.) Like most lords, however, you'll still suffer a little bit from lower Resistance. If you are willing to put in the time, effort, and gold, you can easily max out each stat, but if you wanna keep a higher luck, I'd suggest having Defense be your bane, as you still get quite a bit of Defense anyways from what I've played with so far.

Just know, for which of the nobles you wanna play as, it depends on your playstyle. Nohr Noble makes Corrin a VERY offensive class, while Hoshido Noble still allows you to be offensive, but you can switch to supportive if need be with healing staves, or just be mean and use lots of status staves.

Edited by Legendary_Hero7

Thanks for the recommendation. By the way, you said that even with -def I would still end up with quite a bit of defence, yet, in my conquest playthrough, that was not the case. Was I a victim of the RNG in that case?

It could be, but that was more on the assumption side. I personally have never chosen -Defense, in both Awakening and Fates, but I did spend time as both a Great Knight and Paladin, which may have boosted my Defense growth for a short period.

I'm not planning on using Kana or any of the 2nd generation units in any of my first playthroughs (perhaps I should have mentioned that). I'm asking only about Corrin.

+Mag anything.

Yato gives boosts as long as it's in your inventory.

Personally I would go for something like +Mag, -Luck. The reason being is that Dragonstones prevent doubling, so the normal go to boon, +Speed, would become mostly worthless. The +Mag with a magic pair up will allow you to one shot most enemies and the held Dragonstone along with the Yato passive keeps you tanky. I was playing through conquest with the setup, and the +Mag allows you to destroy people even while still in e rank tomes.

Edited by TheBakonBitz

But won't +Magic -Luck lower my strength? Also, you said the +Mag -Luck would allow me to destroy people even with E rank tomes, but doesn't Nohr Prince already have low luck? What would the low luck do to my Corrin?

Nothing

I tend to go all in with +mag-skill as mag weapons in general for that sweet +4/+2 mod

-1 str/def means jack all and accuracy issues are negligible early and stop existing entirely with a splash for certain blow or heartseeker.

But yeah if you reclass corin right off the bat fire is actually deadly in the early game.

Edited by joshcja