Are we supposed to stop using Attack Stance later in the game?

GuiltyLove

I feel like I'm only using Guard Stance on everyone. It seems like half of my characters are just S-rank pair up fodder at this point in the game (chapter 24), and the main unit in the pair is way over-leveled. However, if I use attack stance, it seems like my defenses will be too weak. I'd like to do more damage though... Is it still worth it to do attack stance?

Hmmm it depends on the game I think. On Birthright I mixed around more but usually I needed the guard to tank on some of the maps. (chapters 24 and 25 come to mind), while I'm not that far on Conquest (just did Chapter 22) I've been doing a lot more Attack Stancing. In fact I found I did more Attack Stances more later in the game on both files. I think I'm too prone to try to pair up two characters together to support grind in the early game.

Hmmm it depends on the game I think. On Birthright I mixed around more but usually I needed the guard to tank on some of the maps. (chapters 24 and 25 come to mind), while I'm not that far on Conquest (just did Chapter 22) I've been doing a lot more Attack Stancing. In fact I found I did more Attack Stances more later in the game on both files. I think I'm too prone to try to pair up two characters together to support grind in the early game.

I'm not that confident that I can bait out the enemies when I'm in attack stance because they might swarm me with their attack stances. How do you do it? I usually am paired up and separating afterward would just take up a turn so I don't do it. I'm not super great with strategy so just wondering how other people do it

(Also chapter 24 looks really annoying already)

I'm not that confident that I can bait out the enemies when I'm in attack stance because they might swarm me with their attack stances. How do you do it? I usually am paired up and separating afterward would just take up a turn so I don't do it. I'm not super great with strategy so just wondering how other people do it

(Also chapter 24 looks really annoying already)

It probably depends on the field and how many enemies you can get rid of. If it's just one or two enemies likely you can stick someone like Beruka or Valourie and have them tank hits. It also depends on the type of units you have. The main details I think are important is pay attention to how many can hit you and make sure to keep the defense in front. Also high avoid is good too.

You're essentially forced into using Guard stance throughout the last 5 chapters of each. Up until 25 of each route on hard classic, I was able to effectively use attack stance. But afterwards I ended up pairing up MU/Xander or MU/Caledori and just soloed the last couple maps. Guard stance with its stat increases and perfect guard is incredibly powerful, especially with s ranked units. I was getting a guard almost every other attack. Pair guard stance with Astra and you become nigh invincible.

I love attack stance. It opens up the gammit for so many strategic elements. But guard stance is essential in the last couple chapters due to the stats of enemies, the amount of enemies, and the fact that the enemy can abuse the attack stance (considering the amount of them towards the end.) You need guard stance to block the second attack. And you need it because the likelihood is that most of your units aren't going to be competitive in every category statwise save for MU, Xander, and Ryoma.

I would just lower the stats of enemies or lower the stat caps overall. I love both stances and how they changed them from awakening but you can walk over entire maps with only 2 characters.

Edited by Shadow Knight

I use pair ups for frontline tanks. Backline support like archers and mages can clean up with attack stance while frontline push forward. It's useful to have more available combat units than having them sit behind a pair up imo.