Create A Class Thread [Fates]

secondworld

@ Azz

Regarding the double "S" ranks in both Swords and Dragonstones for my Valla Noble variant, I can see where it can be a bit overpowered. I would like to keep the Dragonstone at "S" rank as this variant tries to focus more on transforming into a dragon, but maybe Swords can be left at "A". My justification for both "S" ranks is because this variant does not gain any new weapons and just tries to improve on the "base" class of Nohrian Prince(cess).

@ NekoKnight

I suppose "Silent World", which makes negates enemy skills (think Nihil) would work instead of Invisible Fang. I guess the only problem would be that Nihil exists, and something simple as a name change or giving another skill the same functionality may upset some people, but it's a cool idea.

In general, I also echo the sentiment that this topic has cool ideas. I like the idea of Lancers becoming Sentinels (I loved the Tellius saga), of proper Thieves coming back with the Steal command, Falconers, the Roy class, Griffins being expanded upon, etc.

... I also feel like every time I post in this topic I need to add another class to the pool. So, here goes!

[spoiler=Dancer]Class: Dancer (Nohrian, Solo Class)

Weapons: Lances "C"
Promotion Path: Azura Only // Unlocks after Conquest 14 // Unlock conditions in Birthright and Revelations are unknown
"A female who invigorates allies with her dancing. Can dance to cause various effects."
Max Stats
HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES MOV
45 30 28 33 33 32 25 26 5, Foot (Dancer)
45 28 27 31 31 35 27 28 5, Foot (Songstress Comparison)
Pair Up Stats
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 0
Skills
- Class Command: Dance (Grants an ally +2 to all stats that decays by 1 per turn.*)
- Level 1: Acrobat (All traversable terrain costs 1 movement point to cross.)
- Level 10: Inspiring Dance (+3 to a "Boon" stat for the unit who watches the user's dance.**)
- Level 25: Mesmerize (Enemies within a 2 tile radius suffer -10 to Hit.)
- Level 35: Encore (The first use of Dance counts as a free action.***)
* Turn of Dance = Full Effect. Next Turn, +1 all stats instead of +2. Next Turn, baseline. // This skill stacks with other buffs like from tonics and food.
** The stat declines at a -1 per turn, as per the Dance command, and stacks with the previous +2 // The "Boon" stat for characters not the Avatar is determined by their statue buff.
*** This opens up many different possibilities. Azura can dance, then move somewhere else to attack, dance, or wait. Alternatively, Azura can move somewhere, dance, and either dance again or attack something.
Author's Notes
A part of me is still bitter that Azura does not have access to her dark outfit outside of the cutscene. So, here is an attempt to remedy that situation!
First off, Acrobat returns as Azura has Tier 1 movement, so this should help her somewhat. I know that Acrobat is practically superior to Luck +4, but come on, she is practically an acrobat with all of her dancing and singing!
Then, Inspiring Dance follows Inspiring Song. The important difference between the two is that the Dance variant slowly fades away while the Song is done after the turn is over. Of course, it will be a guessing game for the player to figure out what "Boon" each unit has, but I think it's a powerful skill.
Thirdly comes Mesmerize, as the enemies will no doubt stare longingly into Azura's eyes, make groans of increasing discomfort, or just be distracted by her performance so that it is more difficult to land a hit.
Lastly came Encore. I thought about having Dance affect all adjacent units, also granting Encore to the Songtress class (so Azura can transcend and become a Heron), but this seemed to go a bit overboard with power. Having a free move opens up more tactical strategies, as Azura can dance and attack something (or just dance twice) if the player wishes to do so.
The biggest point of contention with this version of the Dancer is the fact that Rally skills exist. Sure, the dancer's buffs stick around and slowly decay instead of dissapearing, but for min-maxing, a rally bot is probably superior to using a Dancer. That, and I'm not sure how people will react between having the ability to move again (Songstress) or just having a buffed up unit (Dancer).

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case:

Muscle Wizard

Weapons: Fist- S

Stats: HP- 80, Str- 40, Mag- 20, Skl- 20, Spd- 20, Lck- 20, Def- 20, Res- 20

Skills:

1: Festering Anger- Increase Str by 2 for every turn that passes

10: Lost Tradition- Use Str instead of every other stat for the purposes of battle calculations (hit, crit, damage reduction, avd, ETC)

25: I Cast Fist- If you equip a tome, the properties of that tome (Might, hit, ECT) are applied to your fists

35: FLEX!- By flexing your muscles, the debuff properties of all equipped weapons are negated.

this makes my grand papillion go berserk

LLTCko9.jpg

Brawler

A practitioner of unarmed combat weapon-club/axe B

Innate: Brawl - use the Brawl option to fight without weapons with Hit 95 and Crt 15

Lv. 1 - *can't think of a good name* Str*1.5 when using the Brawl command

Lv. 10 - Fist of Fury - Crit +20 when HP below half.

Nunchaku

a high speed 2-section weapon

Club - E

Mt - 8 Hit - 120 Crt - 10

Easier to perform followup attacks (Eff. Spd +3)

Edited by Jayvee94

Silent World: Enemy units cannot trigger skills while fighting this unit.

Oh, wow, I wish this skill was real. That'd be fantastic.

Fister

the perfection of his svelte and well-muscled body. Excels in marital martial arts.

Heh, heh hehheh...heh. Shut up I don't have a 12 year old sense of humor.

More classes on the way, just slightly brain dead at the moment.

@ NekoKnight

I suppose "Silent World", which makes negates enemy skills (think Nihil) would work instead of Invisible Fang. I guess the only problem would be that Nihil exists, and something simple as a name change or giving another skill the same functionality may upset some people, but it's a cool idea.

Hoshidan Unity is just a renamed Rightful King so I don't think it would be too inappropriate to have a Nihil-like skill (and there is no Nihil in Fates).

I really like Encore for the Dancer. One of the things I don't like about Dancers is that they constantly fall behind because they give other characters second actions. It only gets worse after everyone promotes and they have even less Move than everyone else. That's why I don't feel bad about giving Azura Warp.

Edited by NekoKnight

Hoshidan Unity is just a renamed Rightful King so I don't think it would be too inappropriate to have a Nihil-like skill (and there is no Nihil in Fates).

I really like Encore for the Dancer. One of the things I don't like about Dancers is that they constantly fall behind because they give other characters second actions. It only gets worse after everyone promotes and they have even less Move than everyone else. That's why I don't feel bad about giving Azura Warp.

True about Hoshidian Unity being a renamed Rightful King. So sure, let there be a Nihil-like skill in this hypothetical situation!

As for me, I'm running out of class ideas because any more suggestions would practically overlap with what has already been said or already has a role in the base game. Maybe when I get around to playing Birthright and Revelations I may have some more ideas, but now it's just a wait for the next title for Fire Emblem and see what they come up with there.

Hero of Legend

A legendary hero destined to save the land from evil

(male only)

fefates-icon-sword.png - A

Stats:

HP- 55

Str- 35

Mag- 20

Skl- 32

Spd- 35

Lck- 28

Def- 25

Res- 25

Mov- 6

Skills:

lvl 1 - Mark of Courage - Skl +4, Def/Res -1

lvl 10 - Shield Block - Protects user from any projectile attack (bows/tomes/shuriken) (luck * 0.5% chance)

lvl 25 - Spin Attack - Deal Str/2 damage to enemy support unit (Skill * .05% chance)

lvl 35 - Hero of Legend - Allows user to equip weapons previously locked to a chosen few. Only works in this class. (allows user to equip Yato, Rajinto, and Siegfried)

This class is based of Link from the Legend of Zelda series. (He would look like Link to)

This class will have high attack power, but lacks defensively.

Edited by Lord_Grima

Revenant

A human who's love of carnage has turned them into a monster.

Special Class

Highest Attributes: Strength, Defence, Resistance

Lowest Attributes: Magic, Speed

Skills:

Monstrous Surge- Gain Surge command. Surge increases Str./Skl./Spd. by 5, but monster weakness is doubled (Monster bonus damage is x6 instead of x3). lvl. 1

Cull The Weak- When an enemy's attack deals no damage to you deal +5 damage on your next attack. This bonus stacks. lvl. 10

No Mercy- If you attack an enemy in guard stance and kill them gain an extra attack action. lvl. 25

Rapacious Surge- Surge gives an additional +5 bonus to Str./Skl./Spd., and gain a +5 bonus to Def./Res. lvl. 35

Maximum Weapon Ranks: fefates-icon-sword.pngS fefates-icon-axe.pngS fefates-icon-lance.pngS

Types: Monster

[spoiler=Armor Design]

warrior_by_serushins.jpg

Edited by Honey Bunny

Boy how I wish Hero of Legend was real. Given that my avatar is running around wielding axes I feel like Yato gets wasted. Would be nice if someone got to use it!

And now to contribute, not gonna be too detailed. -

Gladiator - A fighting slave with excellent survival skills and skill at utilizing any weapon at hand.

Base Class - 6 Move

Max Weapon Ranks - C Sword/Axe/Lance

Maximum Stats - 55/HP, 19/Rest

-------------Note that 19 is a below average max for a base class. This class's high points is high HP/Move and the weapon triangle advantage.

Growth Rates - 35/HP, 5/Rest

-------------35 HP is even higher than Berserker. 5 Rest leaves the class as below average overall.

Skills

Level 1 Opportunist: When user triggers battle against an opponent already attacked this turn gain +10 Hit and +10 Critical.

Level 10 Pincer Attack: When another ally is adjacent and directly across an opponent gain +25 Critical and deal extra damage on critical hits.

-------------Obviously these two were designed to work in conjunction with one another. I almost called Pincer Attack Finisher instead.

Advances to Berserker or Champion.

Champion - A gladiator who has managed to survive long enough to not only become an Arena Champion, but also to win their freedom.

Advanced Class - 7 Move

Max Weapon Ranks - Upon advancement pick one of the three Gladiator weapons. You get an S rank in that weapon. You get an A rank in the weapon that counters the weapon that counters the S rank Weapon. You have C Rank in the remaining weapon. So for example a sword focused Champion would have Sword-S, Axe-A(since it counters lance), Lance-C. Also they did not become Champion by fighting fair so they also can gain up to C-Rank in Hidden Weapons(Dagger, Shuriken).

-------------Yeah, this guy can use just about anything as a weapon to some extent or another.

Maximum Stats - 90/HP, 28/STR, 27/MAG, 28/SKILL, 29/SPEED, 40/LUCK, 30/DEFENSE, 29/RESISTANCE

-------------Only HP and LUCK are of particular note. Everything else is rather sad.

Growth Rates - 50/HP, 5/STR, 5/MAG, 5/SKILL, 5/SPEED, 25/LUCK, 10/DEFENSE, 10/RESISTANCE

-------------Clearly I miss being able to +2 my HP on level up. Otherwise mostly the same old with a boost to survivability.

Skills

Level 5 Dirty Fighter - When fighting outdoors you utilize tactics such as throwing dirt/sand/mud into an opponents eyes or of keeping the sun in your enemy's eyes. When fighting outdoors enemies miss chance is increased by 50% of its original value. So if the enemy had a 90% chance they now have an 85% chance. If they had a 60% chance they now have a 40% chance.

Level 15 Master Exploiter - Weapon advantage is doubled when in your favor. No change when you are disadvantaged.

-------------The Basic Idea is to utilize the weapon triangle to gain an insane evasion rate. Originally I was going to have Dirty fighter double the chance. But I figured double advantage + an S Rank AND an A Rank + full triangle coverage + double evasion chance was just way overkill.

Made a few more since I'm making some OC's.

Performer(My OC version of Dancer, Bard, etc)

-Someone who has dedicated their life to the stage. They use nimble weapons in their acts.

-Uses Daggers, Bows

-Promotes to Adventurer, Trickster

-High luck, speed. Low defense, resistance.

-Skills:

--Perform(Level 1): Use the Perform command on an ally to give them another action.

--Curtain Call(Level 10): After using the Perform command, user gets Def/Res+3 until start of next player phase.

Trickster

-A performer who has learned deadly tricks. Confuses foes with daggers and tomes.

-Good luck, speed and magic. Low defense.

-Promotes from Rogue, Performer.

-Skills:

--Lucky 7 (Level 5)

--Quick Burn (Level 15)

Adventurer

-Someone who travels the world looking for fun and pleasure. Weilds bows and staves to their advantage.

-Promotes from Performer, Archer.

-Good luck, skill and magic. Low resistance.

-Skills:

--Acrobat (Level 5)

--Slow Burn (Level 15)

Rogue

-A vagabond who attacks from the shadows. Uses daggers to attack from afar.

-"Thief" clone

-Promotes to Assassin, Trickster

-Skills:

--Locktouch (Level 1)

--Movement +1 (Level 10)

Assassin

-A master of stealth and accuracy. Kills their targets with excellent daggercraft.

-Uses Daggers (Level S)

-Promotes from Rogue, Servant

"Master Ninja" clone

-Skills:

--Lethality (Level 5)

--Daggerfaire (Level 15)

Nomad

-A wanderer who lives on their own or with a small group. They hunt using bows.

-Good skill and health

-Promotes to Sniper, Bow Knight

-Skills:

--Forager (Level 1): Small chance of recovering HP if on a terrain-less space.

--Hunter (Level 10): Hit+20 when battling beasts, flying beasts, wyverns, dragons, monsters.

Servant

-A maid\butler-in-training. They use daggers for everyday work.

-Promotes to Maid/Butler, Assassin (like how some royals were murdered by their own servants back in olden days)

-Good skill and resistance

-Skills:

--Demoiselle/Gentilhomme (Level 1)

--Tailor (Level 10): Use Tailor command on an adjacent ally to give Def/Res+2, and heals 20% HP to both units.

I'm typing this on my phone so I'll stop now before I lose this.

Edited by Vere

Here are two more Classes that I thought of.

Princess of Destiny

A princess whose fate is only spoken of in lore.
(female only)

fefates-icon-tome.png- A fefates-icon-staff.png- S

Stats:
HP- 50
Str- 20
Mag- 35
Skl- 30
Spd- 30
Lck- 28
Def- 28
Res- 28
Mov- 6

Skills:
lvl 1 - Mark of Wisdom - Mag/Skl +2, Def -2
lvl 10 - Divine Aura - Allies within two spaces receive +2 Mag
lvl 25 - Ancient Power - Blasts enemy with a beam of light that leaves them weak (Enemy Def/Res -3) (Skl * .75% chance)
lvl 35 - Sage's Seal - Prevents a staff or baton from losing durability when used (Luck * .05% chance)

This class is based of Zelda from the Legend of Zelda series. (She would look like Zelda to)
This class will be a quick and skillful mage, but lacks slightly defensively.

Dark Lord

A prince of Darkness destined to pursue world domination.
Can wield dark tomes

(male only)
fefates-icon-tome.png- B fefates-icon-lance.png- A

Stats:
HP- 60
Str- 38
Mag- 32
Skl- 28
Spd- 28
Lck- 25
Def- 32
Res- 30
Mov- 6

Skills:
lvl 1 - Mark of Power - Def/Str +2, Spd -2
lvl 10 - Dark Energy - When this character waits, he gains Def/Res +2 for one turn
lvl 25 - Demise - Annihilate enemies with dark energy (adds half of Str(if using a physical weapon) or Mag(if using a magical weapon) as additional damage) (Skl * .5% chance)
lvl 35 - Eternal Hatred - If this character dies, his opponent also dies. (non-boss opponents only).

This class is based of Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda series. (he would look like Ganondorf to)
This class will be a defensive powerhouse, high strength and defensive, but low speed.

Arcanist *Promotion option from Dark Mage.

An experienced mage that specializes in deadly magic and debuffing magic, but they can mend wounds as well. They use tomes and staves.

Tome Rank A & Staves Rank B

HP Str Mag Skill Spd Luck Def Res

Growth Rates

10% 0% 15% 10% 15% 5% 15% 5%

Max Stats

55 23 30 29 31 26 33 27

Skills

Slow Recovery Level 5: Enemies with debuffed stats will take two turns to regain one point back if the user initiates the debuff on said enemy.

Sap Sipper Level 15: Use the "Drain" command to target an enemy, draining their health by 20% each turn. This can be inflicted on one enemy at a time, but it can be nullified by draining the health of another enemy or if the user is defeated.

Um okay I'll try to make one.

Holy Knight

A devoted server of the divine gods. Wields swords and tomes.

Skills

Level 1

Protective Shield - all allies within 2 tiles receive -2 damage.

Level 10

Pray - grants use of the "pray" command to eliminate all of an adjacent ally's negative status effects.

Level 25

Sacrificial Devotion - when the supporting unit in an attack stance, (defense/2) % chance of absorbing an attack against the lead unit for half damage.

Level 35

Justice Strike - ((luck+skill)/8) % chance of inflicting all stats -4 and max HP/2 on the enemy.

Hey, I did one whole line, now this time a singular advanced class that's strictly for Corrin and also is for Revelations.

Fated Noble: A noble who fights for their own fate in life, not one that life hands them.

Weapons: Swords - C, Magic - C, Staves - C, Dragon Stone - C

Skills: Level 5 - Dragonic Lore, Level 15 - Revelation

Growths:

10% 10% 10% 10% 10% 5% 15% 15%

Max Stats:

HP 57 STR 31 MAG 27 SKL 32 SPD 28 LCK 33 DEF 34 RES 29

Notes: Basically a combination of the Hoshido and Nohr Noble, but be the Revelation path's version. Coloring would be blue like the ocean.

Dragonic Lore would grant the Dragonstone the abilty to double attack, but with only a bonus of +2 def/res.

Revelation would give +2 to all stats. Hence why it is a level 15 advanced class skill.

And now for more ridiculous class ideas. Please note that these classes can be somewhat of a spoiler, so be wary when reading!

[spoiler=Rightful King]

Class: Rightful King (Nohrian, Unique Class)

Weapons: Axe "S", Tome "A"

Promotion Path: True!Garon Only (Complete Paralogue "The Rightful King" to recruit True!Garon. Unobtainable in Birthright. Becomes available in Conquest after Chapter 26. Revelations unlock condition unknown.)

"The true King of Nohr. One wonders if he sets out for vengeance or redemption."

Max Stats

80 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 6, Foot (Rightful King)

Pair Up Stats

0 +3 +3 +2 +2 0 0 +3 0

Skills

=Personal Skill: Nohrian Charm (If a friendly unit within 2 spaces has a C+ support with the user, that unit has +15 Hit and +15 Avoid.)

- Level 1: Blood of Dusk (At the start of each turn, enemies within 2 spaces lose 10% HP. Cannot kill.)

- Level 10: Draconic Blow (When user triggers the battle, damage received -10*)

- Level 25: Relentless (When user defeats a unit, move to its space and allow for another attack.**)

- Level 35: Rightful King (Debuffs from using weapons are ignored.***)

* Essentially a combined version of Armored and Warding Blow.

** This ability chains, so if there is a crowd of enemy units, the Rightful King can theoretically kill them all if they are chained correctly. // When dealing with Guard Stance, the survivor is relocated to Garon's original space.

*** So, if using a Silver Weapon, Garon will not have reduced stats. If using Brave Weapons, Garon does not suffer from -4 DEF & RES. Steel weapons do not suffer from -3 SPD, and so on. // Limitations like "cannot crit" or "follow up" are still in place.

Author's Notes:

I really like our "expanded universe, revised" Garon we have been discussing over the message boards and in fan art. In addition, I thought it would be fun to control a boss character in Fates (Sacred Stones did it with Lyon, and Radiant Dawn with the Black Knight), as well as expand more on the True Garon instead of the boring Slime Garon we have.

Rightful King is deliberately meant to be overpowered. His max stats are taken from his Boss counterpart and his skills take inspiration from his various Boss forms, as well as some of the stories told by Leo to Elise of True!Garon. His personal skill, while broadened to include all units, is meant to reflect on "Garon the Ladies Man" in his younger days. Draconic Blow combines his skillset as a boss of Armored Blow and Warding Blow, Blood of Dusk reflects the Dusk Dragon in Garon's veins, Relentless is due to Garon's prowess on the battlefield, and Rightful King is Rightful King (changed for Fates as its original functionality has been moved to the "Hoshido" skill).

Support List:

- Nohr Royals (Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise)

- Hoshido Royals (Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura)

- Azura, Corrin

- Gunter, Shura

[spoiler=Astral Guardian]

Class: Astral Guardian (Other, Unique Class)

Weapons: Breath "A", Staff "A", Lance "B"

Promotion Path: Lilith Only. (Unlock conditions unknown)

"An individual who has received the blessing of the Astral Dragons."

Max Stats

60 28 35 29 33 35 30 35 6, Fly (Astral Guardian)

Pair Up Stats

0 +0 +0 +0 +0 0 0 +0 +2

Skills

=Personal Skill: Astral Savior (If an attack would deal lethal damage to Corrin, the user warps in and takes the attack instead.*)

- Level 1: Astral Vein (Command. Summons a Dragon's Vein. Effects vary.**)

- Level 10: Astral Warp (Command. Allows user to warp to Corrin and then take an action.)

- Level 25: Astral Summon (Command. Summons a unit from My Castle to assist.***)

- Level 35: Astral Mastery (+2 Range to Astral Breath and Astral Blessing.)

* This skill can kill Lilith. Incoming damage is calculated for Corrin, no separate calculation is made for Lilith stepping in.

** Summons a random "generic" Dragon's Vein. Effects include, but not limited to, firing off a projectile that does damage in an area, heal nearby allies, replicate the user, or temporarily change the surrounding terrain. This skill can be used multiple times per map.

*** Depending on the route, you will get either Puppets or Stoneborn (or randomly chosen between either if you are on Revelations). You can use this skill as many times as you have units in My Castle (so max 3 Stoneborn and max 3 Puppets, for a total of 6 summons). // If this unit is defeated, it will take a Dragon Point to repair it. // If nothing is built, the option is greyed out.

Author's Notes:

Make Lilith playable! The main reason I added in "Lance" proficiency is because I remember reading somewhere that she was to be a Sky Knight at some point before changing her character.

Lilith is predominately human in this class, transforming to her dragon self for her Breath attacks and her unique "Staff" Astral Blessing. Otherwise, when using lances and normal staves, she remains a human. Maybe she can have some more story development besides the start, My Castle interactions, and the cheap sendoffs...

Ronin

A samurai hardened by the world. They avoid swinging their blade more than necessary.

fefates-icon-sword.png S

Base Stats:

Hp: 18 Str: 7 Mag: 1 Skl: 10 Spd: 10 Lck: 3 Def: 4 Res: 6 Mov: 6 +15 Crit

Max Stats:

Hp: 60 Str: 31 Mag: 27 Skl: 35 Spd: 33 Lck: 30 Def: 28 Res: 32

Growths:

Hp: 15 Str: 15 Mag: 0 Skl: 20 Spd: 15 Lck: 10 Def: 0 Res: 10

Skills:

lv5 - Iai Strike (User cannot follow-up and receives -3 effective spd. Add Spd/2 to Atk)*

lv15 - Stained Edge (When attacked by an enemy within range with less than 30% remaining HP, slay them before combat. Trigger % = [100 - Remaining HP%]/2)**

*: This is not a trigger skill, it is active at all times.

**: This is an offensive trigger, so it won't work with weapons that cannot activate offensive skills.

**: I was originally going to have it be a lower hp prerequisite but not need to proc. I'm not really sure which would be more balanced/useful; feedback would be cool. :)

[spoiler=Dragoon Edits]

Dragoon

​Knights whose fates have been intertwined with dragons. They use aerial combat to better pierce the scales and wings of their mortal enemies.

fefates-icon-lance.png S

Max Stats:

Hp: 65 Str: 33 Mag: 26 Skl: 30 Spd: 32 Lck: 27 Def: 29 Res: 33 Mov: 6

Base Stats:

Hp: 20 Str: 10 Mag: 0 Skl: 7 Spd: 9 Lck: 1 Def: 7 Res: 7 Mov: 6

Growth Rates:

Hp: 20 Str: 15 Mag: 0 Skl: 10 Spd: 15 Lck: 5 Def: 10 Res: 10

Pair-up Stats:

+3 Str +3 Spd +Acrobat effect

Skills:

Lv1: Acrobat (All traversable terrain costs 1 movement point to cross.)

Lv10: Jump (Jump command attacks with +5 atk and 1-3 range using a Lance/Naginata. Follow-up attacks cannot be made, and user suffers spd -3)*

Lv25: Wyrmsbane (+5 Damage dealt to dragons.)**

Lv35: Blood of the Dragon ("Use" a carried dragonstone to apply stat bonuses/detriments as if it was equipped to all adjacent allies and self for 1 turn.)***

*: Stat drop is treated as weakness and recovers 1/turn. It will stack.

**: I feel bonus damage would be too strong as a passive since all avatars/avatar children/bond units are stuck with the dragon status, but I'd really rather this be a passive. So I'm making it similar to trample.

***: Using does not consume. Using a dragonstone+ will apply its weakness cost to the user (mag-2, skl-2)

And now for more ridiculous class ideas. Please note that these classes can be somewhat of a spoiler, so be wary when reading!

[spoiler=Astral Guardian]

Class: Astral Guardian (Other, Unique Class)

Weapons: Breath "A", Staff "A", Lance "B"

Promotion Path: Lilith Only. (Unlock conditions unknown)

"An individual who has received the blessing of the Astral Dragons."

Max Stats

60 28 35 29 33 35 30 35 6, Fly (Astral Guardian)

Pair Up Stats

0 +0 +0 +0 +0 0 0 +0 +2

Skills

=Personal Skill: Astral Savior (If an attack would deal lethal damage to Corrin, the user warps in and takes the attack instead.*)

- Level 1: Astral Vein (Command. Summons a Dragon's Vein. Effects vary.**)

- Level 10: Astral Warp (Command. Allows user to warp to Corrin and then take an action.)

- Level 25: Astral Summon (Command. Summons a unit from My Castle to assist.***)

- Level 35: Astral Mastery (+2 Range to Astral Breath and Astral Blessing.)

* This skill can kill Lilith. Incoming damage is calculated for Corrin, no separate calculation is made for Lilith stepping in.

** Summons a random "generic" Dragon's Vein. Effects include, but not limited to, firing off a projectile that does damage in an area, heal nearby allies, replicate the user, or temporarily change the surrounding terrain. This skill can be used multiple times per map.

*** Depending on the route, you will get either Puppets or Stoneborn (or randomly chosen between either if you are on Revelations). You can use this skill as many times as you have units in My Castle (so max 3 Stoneborn and max 3 Puppets, for a total of 6 summons). // If this unit is defeated, it will take a Dragon Point to repair it. // If nothing is built, the option is greyed out.

Author's Notes:

Make Lilith playable! The main reason I added in "Lance" proficiency is because I remember reading somewhere that she was to be a Sky Knight at some point before changing her character.

Lilith is predominately human in this class, transforming to her dragon self for her Breath attacks and her unique "Staff" Astral Blessing. Otherwise, when using lances and normal staves, she remains a human. Maybe she can have some more story development besides the start, My Castle interactions, and the cheap sendoffs...

Is it bad that I laughed when I read the personal skill?

Here's an idea from a newbie

Bushi: A Hoshido Armored Samurai who defends their Feudal Lord with Katana.

Compared to the Samurai class, they have lower Speed and Skill, but higher Defense. Can promote to Shogun or Calvary Bushi.

Armor Attribute

Weapon: Swords

Skills

Level 1: Seal Skill-After Battle, enemy's Skill -6.

Level 10: Honor Bound- When user triggers the battle, user gains +1 Damage, +10% Hit Rate, +5% Avoid, and +5% Critical Rate after Battle. Buffs stack after each battle (max 5 stacks). Unit loses all buffs if they switch to a different weapon.

Shogun: A Hoshido Feudal Lord with many vassals. Adept with Katanas, Naginata, and Scrolls

Possesses High Defense and Offensive Stats, but may lack Speed and Resistance.

Amor Attribute

Weapon: Swords, Lance, Tomes.

Skills

Level 5: Support Vassals- When user is the Support Unit, the Lead Unit gain +10 Critical Rate and Critical Dodge.

Level 15: Feudal Lord- When user is the Support unit, the Lead unit gain user's Skills that activate after battle.

Calvary Bushi: A Hoshido Armored Samurai who rides on Horseback. They defend their Feudal Lords with Katana and Yumi.

Excels in Defense and Skill.

Armor and Horse Attributes

Weapon: Sword, Bow

Skills

Level 5: Unwavering Loyalty- When user is the Lead Unit, Skill% Chance of adding 50% the Supporting Unit's Attack Power as Damage.

Level 15: Duelist's Challenge- Hit Rate and Avoid +50 when enemy is equipped with the same type of weapon as your unit.

Edited by Koaki Kairos

Pirate

A seafaring combatant who fights using axes.

Base Class

Highest Attributes: Str., Def., Spd., Skl.

Lowest Attributes: Mag., Res.

Skills:

Sea Legs- This unit can walk over water, and cannot be hindered by it in any way. In addition they have +5 Hit/Crit. when within two spaces of water, and +15 Hit/Crit when on a water tile.

Sea Shanty- You may now select the Shanty action. Shanty restores 20% health on land and 30% health on water.

Maximum Weapon Ranks: fefates-icon-axe.pngC

(This class was meant to have good stats but be balanced by it's awful weapon rank. I'm not sure if that would actually work)

Corsair

A seasoned seadog who's skilled at tearing foes apart.

Promoted Class

Promotes From: Pirate

Highest Attributes: Str., Def., Spd., Skl.

Lowest Attributes: Mag., Res.

Skills:

Iocaine Resistance- Halve all debuff effects from hidden weapons. Poison Strike no longer affects you.

Overwhelm- When you would normally double attack an enemy gain 3 attacks instead.

Maximum Weapon Ranks: fefates-icon-axe.pngB

Edited by Honey Bunny

Going to add two more classes and four more promotions. Why? Because I like doing these things.

Nohr - Vassal, Hoshido - Gokenin (might need a better title here)

A loyal servant of any Lord until the very end.

Weapon: Sword - C

Strengths: STR, SKL

Weakness: MAG, LCK

Movement: 5

Skills: For Country - When in Attacking stance with a Royal, Skill activation increased by 10% (Level 1), Vassal's Pact - When in Defending stance with a Royal, increase shield generation by 1.

Promotes:

Nohr - Lord, Hoshido - Daimyo

A servant to their country, until the end of days.

Weapon: Sword - B, Lance - C, Tome - C

Strengths: STR, SKL, SPD

Weakness: MAG, LCK, HP

Movement: 7 due to becoming Mounted.

Skills: Glory - Boosts Incoming Heals by 10%, Lord's Pact - For Country and Vassal's Pact work as if this unit were Royal (Level 15).

@Honey Bunny - You know, given that the iconic image of a pirate to my knowledge is an individual with a Cutlass and a Pistol, I just have to say that Pirates + Axes in RPG's always throws me for a loop. That said I understand why this is the case. We have no shortage of class options in RPG's that can logically wield swords. Axes meanwhile tend to have a smaller pool. And axes aren't entirely nonsensical for pirates. Pirates used Boarding Axes after all(well most naval fighters who could potentially end up in a boarding action did). In addition the Viking raiders, which serve as inspiration for berserker type classes, were sea born raiders which is effectively what a pirate is. And of course if you image search viking you are going to see a lot with axes.

So yeah I get it, game balance and it is even historically inspired. Still I prefer to call the Axe 'Pirates' Raiders or something. Particularly if they have no water based skills, which thankfully you avoided doing.

As for the weapon rank issue. given that it seems a lot of folks are more than happy using forged irons as their mainstay weapon I doubt a low weapon rank is too inhibiting. I mean with a B rank max you are only giving up Brave Axe, Venge Club, and the S rank Aurgelmir. The bigger hit would be your triangle advantage loss. B -> S is a decent amount of lost hit when you are advantaged and Axe wielders need every point of hit they can get. Still depending on how much higher that stats were in skill you could easily make that up. That said Berserker is a moderately high skill class so even a Very high skill class would only have a few points on them. Not enough to reverse the advantage bonus. That said the skill boosted hit would always be effective where as Triangle hit would only be good against lances and hidden weapons.

So back to topic I'll make a sea raider class.

Raider

Powerful Fighters who are capable of rapidly striking and then running away, often avoiding capture by taking to the seas. Raiders are known to recruit from among common outlaws.

Promoted class

Advances from Outlaw or Fighter.

Growths

HP 0 - STR 30 - MAG 0 - SKL 15 - SPD 15 - LCK 25 - DEF 0 - RES 0

I basically just reordered the Berserker's Growth rates. Unlike the Berserker the Raider is supposed to be a glass cannon.

Maximum Stats

HP 55 - STR 42 - MAG 25 - SKL 34 - SPD 32 - LCK 40 - DEF 26 - RES 25

Glass Cannon. 'Nuff said. 2 more strength and skill than berserker and 15 more luck. 15 less hp and 1 less speed, defense, and resistance. I guess it is slightly in favor of the Raider, but I would normally trade 15 luck for 15 hp in a heartbeat. So 1 more total stats I don't think is too imbalanced there.

Maximum Weapon Ranks

fefates-icon-axe.png A fefates-icon-bow.png B

As mentioned above I am imagining someone who utilizes Pistols + a close combat weapon. Obviously we don't have pistols in fire emblem. And before the time of flintlock, bows would suffice for the pre-boarding barrage. Hidden weapons were another option, but I did not want weapon triangle manipulation in this class. And the easiest way to remember the triangle pair I have seen is the Axes/Bows go together because they are the 'outlaw' type weapons. As such if I was considering axes bows seemed the natural pairing. Plus, I did not want 1-2 range as a 'default' option. The whole point of two weapons was so that their ranges would complement one another. Bows for range and Axes for close combat fills that role.

Skills

Watery Escape - When within 2 tiles of or on a Water, Ice, or Boat tile grain +1 move and +10 Hit/Avoid. You do not suffer movement or avoid penalties from crossing the aforementioned terrain.

Switch Hitter - When attacked if you cannot counter with your equipped weapon switch to a weapon that you can counter with at the cost of -10 Hit/Avoid and the inability to make follow up attacks or trigger critical hits.

The idea being that they switch to bows if attacked at range or axes if attacked in close combat. The class is fast enough that the loss of doubling would actually be felt. Mechanically it would probably just equip the first weapon in your inventory list that can counter. I was going to word it as 'the most effective weapon', but that would enable dual club shenanigans for Triangle exploitation. You could still do it to an extent since you could have the dual club in position 2 while having a bow equipped. This way if someone tries to sword you, they get a nasty surprise. The 1-2 range axes would still be useful to avoid the Penalties, though you lose skill activation in turn(As Sol is the only available activation skill without out classing, this may not be too huge). This could also be exploited by an enemy that has bow breaker but not axe breaker. Attack from two range and if the Raider lacks a 1-2 axe you effectively get 60 Hit and Avoid. Or vice versa of course.

And I have clearly spent too much thought on this.

@Honey Bunny - You know, given that the iconic image of a pirate to my knowledge is an individual with a Cutlass and a Pistol, I just have to say that Pirates + Axes in RPG's always throws me for a loop. That said I understand why this is the case. We have no shortage of class options in RPG's that can logically wield swords. Axes meanwhile tend to have a smaller pool. And axes aren't entirely nonsensical for pirates. Pirates used Boarding Axes after all(well most naval fighters who could potentially end up in a boarding action did). In addition the Viking raiders, which serve as inspiration for berserker type classes, were sea born raiders which is effectively what a pirate is. And of course if you image search viking you are going to see a lot with axes.

So yeah I get it, game balance and it is even historically inspired. Still I prefer to call the Axe 'Pirates' Raiders or something. Particularly if they have no water based skills, which thankfully you avoided doing.

As for the weapon rank issue. given that it seems a lot of folks are more than happy using forged irons as their mainstay weapon I doubt a low weapon rank is too inhibiting. I mean with a B rank max you are only giving up Brave Axe, Venge Club, and the S rank Aurgelmir. The bigger hit would be your triangle advantage loss. B -> S is a decent amount of lost hit when you are advantaged and Axe wielders need every point of hit they can get. Still depending on how much higher that stats were in skill you could easily make that up. That said Berserker is a moderately high skill class so even a Very high skill class would only have a few points on them. Not enough to reverse the advantage bonus. That said the skill boosted hit would always be effective where as Triangle hit would only be good against lances and hidden weapons.

Ah, I get what you mean about pirates wielding swords and such, but the reason I made the class wield axes was because Pirates in older Fire Emblems wielded axes. Specifically Ross, a favorite character of mine, became a very badass pirate. To a certain extent it's a bit of a love letter that was the badassery of Ross, thus the extremely high stats. Personally I'd actually have pirates wield hidden weapons because they were not known for being kind, but I find certain charm in a seafaring axe user.

Would D->C weapon rank be right then? Looking at that rank progression seems like it'd be too much of a hindrance to me.

Actually, weapon rank affects your attack stats even without WTA. How the rank affects it is dependent on the weapon, but in Awakening at least it worked like this:

Swords:

C: +1 Atk

B: +2 Atk

A: +3 Atk, +5 Hit

Axes:

C: +5 Hit

B: +10 Hit

A: +15 Hit, +1 Atk

Lances (don't remember this one exactly):

C: +5 Hit

B: +10 Hit, +1 Atk

A: +10 Hit, +2 Atk

And I've certainly noticed a similar effect in Fates, where the difference between a D rank in kunai and a C rank in kunai is that the character with a C rank has +1 Atk compared to the character with a D rank.

Wanderer

-A fighter who travels alone, trying only to survive. Proficient in swords and daggers.

Promotes to: Vigilante or Hermit

Maximum Weapon Ranks: fefates-icon-sword.pngB fefates-icon-kunai.pngA

Skills:

-Lv1: Introvert (Grants the user +1Skl, +1Spd and +2Lck when there are no units within five tiles of them.)

-Lv10: Slow Course (Allows the unit to heal up to 10% of their HP by using the "Wait" command.)

Growth Rates:

15 HP – 10 STR – 5 MAG – 20 SKL – 5 LCK – 15 SPD – 10 DEF – 5 RES

Maximum Stats:

35 HP – 19 STR – 5 MAG – 30 SKL – 12 LCK – 18 SPD – 13 DEF – 5 RES

Vigilante

-One who has returned from solitude to enact their brutal vision of justice. Skilled with swords and bows, proficient with daggers.

Promotes from: Wanderer

Maximum Weapon Ranks: fefates-icon-bow.pngS fefates-icon-sword.pngS fefates-icon-kunai.pngA

Skills:

-Lv5: Revengeance (+5 to STR and SPD when this unit is below half health)

-Lv15: Death Sentence (Proc Skill (%Skl) that grants the user 1.5x STR for one attack.)

Growth Rates:

15 HP – 20 STR – 2 MAG – 25 SKL – 5 LCK – 20 SPD – 10 DEF – 2 RES

Max Stats:

40 HP – 35 STR – 5 MAG – 32 SKL – 15 LCK – 25 SPD – 18 DEF – 7 RES

Hermit

-An eccentric loner familiar with the ways of the world. Proficient in staves, daggers and swords.

Promotes from: Wanderer

Maximum Weapon Ranks: fefates-icon-staff.pngS fefates-icon-sword.pngB fefates-icon-kunai.pngA

Skills:

-Lv5: Herbal Tea (-2 STR and MAG to all enemy units within 5 blocks of the user.)

-Lv15: Generosity (Healing this unit also heals the healer 25% of their HP.)

Growth Rates:

20 HP – 12 STR – 20 MAG – 15 SKL – 15 LCK – 15 SPD – 10 DEF – 10 RES

Maximum Stats:
40 HP – 20 STR – 20 MAG – 30 SKL – 15 LCK – 18 SPD – 15 DEF – 15 RES