Let's Talk About Royal Royale

Vyse

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuzzlekins - what item (besides the ebon wing) did you get for beating the map with Elise?

I got a Goddess Icon along with the Ebon Wing.

Also, many thanks Fuzzles for the breakdown. Will add that to the OP.

Edited by AddictPunk

Stat boosters are only gotten the first time you clear with the character

Hoshidan Sibling - Dread Scroll (Dread FIghter)
Ryoma - Energy Drop (Strength)
Hinoka - Speedwing (Speed)
Takumi - Secret Book (Skill)
Sakura - Seraph Robe (HP)

Nohr Sibling - Ebon Wing (Dark Flier)
Xander - Dracoshield (Defense)
Camilla - Talisman (Resistance)
Leo - Spirit Dust (Magic)
Elise - Goddess Icon (Luck)

Beat it pretty easily with Ryoma's team, though I lost Saizo midway to Oboro but Ryoma and Kagerou made do pretty well for the second half. Most of it's just ryoma 1 tanking shit and sometimes kagero does a thing (needle shuriken vs Effie is clutch as fuck) and ryoma 2 chugging a concoction or hitting up a DV if necessary. Did a bit of kiting as well in the end with xander's team since Peri has lances-but mostly I can take teams as they come.

Strategic timing of Dragon Veins are important, as well. With Ryoma's starting position, I had him bait over Cam's team, then hit the DV second turn--for my initial turn setup.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just beat the map with Ryoma. Very easy - ninjas are broken and sweeper tactics make this map super fast.

I got an energy drop and a dread scroll. Do you get other stat boosting items for other siblings? (like for skill or HP?)

I thought at first that Xander was going to stare down his death bed since I knew that he lacked Aegis and the enemies remaining were solely magic users (Leo's Team) and I had used up quite a lot of healing items due to Elise's Team (I hate your Freeze and move away-Freeze combo) and Hinoka (you and your Bolt Nagatina as well as Dual Nagatina spam on Azama). Somehow survived against Leo's Team without losing any units after all my worrying... I just wish I had more RNG luck on bypassing all of Ryoma's long-range crits...

So based on the turns at which the siblings move, Sakura's team would probably be the easiest one for getting Dread Scrolls.

Beating Xander with Sakura's team is a pain though... IMO Sakura's team is probably the hardest team to win Royal Royale with

Beating Xander with Sakura's team is a pain though... IMO Sakura's team is probably the hardest team to win Royal Royale with

Even with Xander's team being the last to move? Dang.

I found Takumi to be surprisingly easy. They all actually have good weapons to use, Takumi can EASILY take out ANY flier OR anyone who can't attack from afar (Effie). Oboro with the guard lance let's her tank pretty much anyone while giving seal defense and speed in the process. I gave Takumi's secret book to Hinata for 1% higher proc rate on Astra (though it never actually proc'd lol). You can equip Oboro's spear and/or Hinata's katana for an attacker stance assist for extra damage (because attacker supports don't lose stats when they use silver-type weapons).

My kill order was [Elise > Camilla > Sakura > Leo > Ryoma > Hinoka > Xander] if I remember correctly.

I don't think these fixed-party DLC changes difficulty considering Ryoma was still very easy despite playing on Lunatic. It doesn't feel like the same degree of stuff Lunatic hands to me.

I don't think these fixed-party DLC changes difficulty considering Ryoma was still very easy despite playing on Lunatic. It doesn't feel like the same degree of stuff Lunatic hands to me.

I'm pretty sure that difficulty settings don't chance how hard Royal Royale is.

Playing with Sakura's team will give you Lunatic levels of difficulty though...

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

I know somewhere on some forum I saw somebody complaining that even Subaki's swordcatcher barely did anything to Xander, but I can't find it now...

Also, it's interesting to note that the stat booster you get is the one that each sibling starts with at the beginning of the chapter.

I do this with the NA version again and it's only reminding me that playing Sakura's team just exponentiates the difficulty. The biggest problem is their starting location and their stats. Let me delineate this a bit more in depth, along with possible ideas that came to my mind, which perhaps can be used as a starting point for others to tell me that I'm an idiot and Sakura's team is probably lol-easy...

0) Leo's team isn't a problem at all for Sakura's team; probably the easiest for them to take on due to relatively high RES of this team as well as Sakura's Silence Staff.

1) Sakura's team is situated in a way that Effie reaches them roughly when Takumi's team entire reaches them. (If they're located at the centre, Effie will reach them a turn before Takumi's team strats moving) This is the first major hurdle for Sakura's team, as their initial positioning as well as the aggro-timing makes the turns 8-10 very hard to deal with, as the pressure is on to get rid of all of Elise's team (yes, including Effie) before Takumi's crit alliance of death reaches them. But the thing is, Sakura's team is very challenging stat-wise. Sakura and Subaki has 19 STR, and Hana has 24 STR, and note that defensively Sakura and Hana are extremely fragile. While they do have a healing thing going for them, they just simply don't do enough damage, especially to defensive tanks like Effie (relevant here) and Xander (which I'll talk about below) while they take tons of them from enemies. To makes things worse, the only weapon Sakura has is a Silver Bow, which is lovely at first due to its high might, but if one abuses the crap out of them too early Sakura becomes too debuffed to do any damage.

Here are some ideas

- Since Elise has the highest movement in her team, she needs to die, and very quickly. Make use of the fact that she will not use Freeze if your units get in her attack range

- Getting rid of Effie is going to be hard because of her high DEF, while our team has very low chipping power. One thus has to rely very heavily on Hana's Dual Katana so that she can attack Effie while Effie misses all her hits. But then there is a natural time limit posed by Takumi's team starting to advance towards you. This is going to be a theme: the one thing going for Sakura's team are the weapon-triangle related weapons like Subaki's Swordcatcher and Hana's Dual Katana, and the calling of the RNG goddess for Hana to activate either Criticals or Astra to make deaths happen quick.

- Takumi's team will probably warrant using a Freeze Dragon Vein or two. The thing is Takumi especially needs to die quick, due to his very high hit and crit rate and the fact that he has both the Fuujin Yumi and a Sidelong Yumi, which gives him access to both 1-2 range attacks. Hence if he ends up frozen, he needs to go in that very turn. It doesn't help that Oboro and Hinata are quite tanky as well, though again here the Dual Katana and the Swordcatcher respectively can come into use.

2) Then you have fliers rushing in from both sides; Camilla's from the left, and Hinoka's from the right. Not really a terrible hurdle, but this phase can be more challenging than expected if one has been rather careless, for two reasons.

- Fliers may seem like easy work for Sakura. But then one realises that Sakura has a Silver Bow equipped. If you've abused this too much in defeating Elise's and Takumi's team, chances are, Sakura will be too debuffed to do meaningful damage, even with the effective damage against fliers.

- Sakura's initial positioning in the right corner makes them difficult to access enough dragon vein points, which they desperately need to fend off Elise's team and Takumi's team. If one has ran out of Freeze DV points, it's going to be trouble given the very high movement these teams have.

So some care is needed in positioning and Sakura in order to survive the fliers, but it can be done

3) Taking care of Ryoma's actually relatively easy, as long as you target all of them within a single player phase: Ryoma is good prey for the Swordcatcher, and as the other ninjas having relatively low DEF. Make sure you keep the Energy Drop from Ryoma, and feed it immediately to your unit (preferably Hana?) as one will be needing them for the monsters that are to come.

4) Next comes the second major hurdle for Sakura's team: XANDER. The thing is this guy is a beast with 33 DEF while paired up with Laslow. Remind yourselves that Sakura has 19 base STR, Subaki has 19 base STR, and Hana has 24 base STR. None of their classes really raise a lot of STR upon pair-up either. Xander on the other hand deals ~20+ damage to these goons. I don't really have reliable strats for this, but here are some starting points.

- Feed Hana the Energy Drop pls!

- Isolating Peri from Xander is probably wise. If they both attack Sakura's team on the same team, chances are they're screwed. Use Freeze Dragon Veins on the upper half of the map as necessary.

- Abuse the crap out of the Swordcatcher while not getting Subaki killed.. Also, it's best to lure Xander into instead using his lance: he'll switch weapons if Subaki gets in 1-range with Xander, then a dragon vein is used to freeze him. Then Hana can use the crap out of her Dual Katana. At least Xander has low SPD so that. If they make good use of the weapon triangle, chances are they will avoid getting Hit by Xander.

- The slightly difficult part that comes after getting rid of Xander is dealing with Laslow.

- Peri alone makes good prey for Hana's Dual Katana.

All of this may sound like a solid strat. It's NOT. The thing is that the two major hurdles are an extreme challenge for Sakura's team, simply because they have low attack power and while being fragile as hell. This mean they'll be pressed for time as other enemies start aggroing towards you. Their positioning in light of DV locations doesn't really help either, as Sakura's team will desperately need to freeze the other enemies from time to time. Unless one is extremely meticulous, one might typically end up being very pressed for time to kill enemies as they come. Pray to the RNG goddess and hope that Hana crits or activates Astra, and that none of your units get Critted in return.

Now I kinda want to do it to find out. I wonder how much damage Swordcatcher does on Xander?

When I don't have work to do I'll give it a shot, I guess.

I believe an unpaired Subaki with the Swordcatcher does 8 damage to a paired Xander with Laslow. The Xander pair in return does 20+ damage to anyone in Sakura's team with his Siegfried, though due to his SPD he won't double. Note that Xander has 44 HP.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, March 18, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, March 18, 2016 - No reason given

Edited Out due to Double-Posting

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, March 18, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, March 18, 2016 - No reason given

Sorry I've accidently posted this as a new post instead of editing my previous one. Pls erase.

Oh yeah, the other thing about Sakura's team is that the ballista isn't even worth using at all since it only has 25 mt. That deals no damage at all to several of your foes and nearly nothing to anyone not a flier.

I believe an unpaired Subaki with the Swordcatcher does 8 damage to a paired Xander with Laslow. The Xander pair in return does 20+ damage to anyone in Sakura's team with his Siegfried, though due to his SPD he won't double. Note that Xander has 44 HP.

Fun, thanks tsubaki and ur piss str

Stat boosters are only gotten the first time you clear with the character

Hoshidan Sibling - Dread Scroll (Dread FIghter)

Ryoma - Energy Drop (Strength)

Hinoka - Speedwing (Speed)

Takumi - Secret Book (Skill)

Sakura - Seraph Robe (HP)

Nohr Sibling - Ebon Wing (Dark Flier)

Xander - Dracoshield (Defense)

Camilla - Talisman (Resistance)

Leo - Spirit Dust (Magic)

Elise - Goddess Icon (Luck)

Really useful - thank you. :3

Here are my strats for Ryoma:

- Start by walking left for the Dragon Vein. Give all stat boosts to Kagero (all throughout the map, except for magic - give that to Saizo). Trade Saizo's star to Kagero (she's your buffer).

- Use the dragon vein and walk your duplicates closer to Camilla.

- Use attack stance to kill Beruka - (have non-duplicates get closer, but won't be close enough to attack).

- Camilla will attack (most likely Kagero) but shouldn't kill.

- Kill Camilla and Selena with six unit attack stance.

- Arthur and Subaki will arrive (from the north and south respectively). Two units can kill Subaki, other four can kill Arthur (use Saizo's star to get str buffs when you can)

- Kill Effie with sting shuriken (should only take one, but maybe attack stance depending on your luck)

- Kill Sakura and Elise (Sakura with a bow is easy - make sure to kill Elise with a single blow or with attack stance)

- You should be closer to Takumi than Leo at this point - he'll move down and it should be easy to kill him with six units verse his three.

- Leo will arrive the next round. Pair Ryoma up with Saizo and have him lure.

- Kill Leo, back up so that you're out of range of Niles/Odin.

- They walk up, easy kill with attack stance.

- Hinoka should have started moving. Walk toward her while healing/using stat stuff on Kagero.

- Azama will lag behind - kill Hinoka while he out of range and make sure to kill Setsuna afterward (should be easy with six attack stance people).

- Azama is a pushover afterward.

- Walk up to the edge of Xander's range.

- Use dragon vein and move all your people as close as possible while frozen.

- Kill Pieri first using the sting shuriken.

- Allow Xander to attack you (don't engage him! he deals too much damage on the counter) He'll deal a lot of damage but shouldn't kill (as long as you're at full HP, using shell horn and he doesn't crit - even if someone dies [he usually attacks Saizo] you can still easily win with four])

- Have Ryoma attack stance with himself and kill Xander.

- Have other Ryoma kill Laslow (after buffs from Kagero)

End - victory!

This exact strategy has worked for me over three times now (I love them Dread Scrolls). I'm on lunatic difficulty (I'm not sure if that makes a difference) and the only thing that throws me for a loop is crits (which you can't really plan for). Hopefully you guys found this helpful!

Edited by Kakeyo

Just beat this with Ryoma. Went for Leo, then Sakura, the Elise, then Takumi first. Then Hinoka and Camilla moved but my team was closer to Hinoka so yay for not having to fight two at once. Lost Saizo to Setsuna out of carelessness. but Ryoma and Kagero went up against Camilla and Xander later on just fine..

Edited by Meh