Offensive Skill Proc priorityin Fates

Enemy Stand

In Awakening all the offensive skills had a order to see which skill will check for activation first and if that one doesn't, it'll check the next skill you have of less priority (Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance). I believe Fates does the same thing so does anyone know what the priority is in this one? I get the feeling that Rend Heaven might be lower since it has a higher activation rate and Dragon Fang possibly one of the highiest.

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of those things I intend to test once the hit rate regression is finished. It's commonly thought that highest priority goes to lowest activation rate, but that still leaves matched activation rates for testing. The easiest way to try to test this is to take maxed-stat units with multiple procs, calculate the activation rate of each skill if one outprioritizes the other, and then go to someone's My Castle (or check defenses of your own) with awful weapons that will do 0 damage and keep chipping away until you get enough data points to make some kind of activation ratio. For example:

Butler has 33 max skill and low damage output. Let's say we have Butler!Corrin (no Asset/Flaw) with Dragon Fang and Luna.

Probability of Dragon Fang, if it outprioritizes Luna: 0.24
Probability of Luna in same scenario [P(!DF) * P(L)]: 0.2508

Probability of Luna, if it outpriorizes Dragon Fang: 0.33
Probability of Dragon Fang in same scenario [P(!L) * P(DF)]: 0.1608

So, if DF and Luna have about the same frequency, Dragon Fang has higher priority, and if Luna occurs about twice as often, Luna has higher priority.

For what it's worth, I already know that Nohr Noble +Spd/-Res Corrin at max Skl gets about equal activation out of Dragon Fang and Sol, which is consistent for Dragon Fang outprioritzing Sol.

Edited by BlenD

The skill list for a unit, when it comes to attack skills, more or less follow Awakening's skill listing for attack skills, which does follow the priority in that game. The main difference in Fates is (besides the addition of Dragon Fang and Rend Heaven) that Aether is listed towards the bottom of the skill list since it's a DLC skill.

The order probably goes something like this:

Lethality

Aether

Astra

Dragon Fang

Sol

Luna

Ignis

Rend Heaven

Vengeance

Edited by Roflolxp54

The order probably goes something like this:

Lethality

Aether

Astra

Dragon Fang

Sol

Luna

Ignis

Rend Heaven

Vengeance

Personally, I'll feel more comfortable about it when it is known rather than postulated. I know there's not much cause to think that it has changed, but even so, it never hurts to affirm.

Tested things with a 60 skill Kana, packing both Hoshidan Unity and Quixotic. Goes solo against two full Endgame skirmishes. Dragon Fang gets to 70 proc rate.

And actually, this list sounds quite correct. Dragon Fang proc'd way more than my Sol did when the latter had 85 proc rate, so it's definitely above that.

Meanwhile, swapping with Astra at 55 proc rate, and added Aether on top of it because of the shaky proc rate to make results more reliable.

Aether and Astra triggered almost all the time. I've seen like 4-5 Dragon Fang procs through the two skirmishes I've played. Therefore, the combination of the two are above it.

Furthermore, Awakening did follow the same logic that this list follows. Skills with a lower proc rate are being rolled first.

As far as Rend Heaven and Vengeance are concerned for having the same proc rate, as I got both of them to 100 proc rate and on the same skillset... Rend Heaven always activated.

So Vengeance is dead last again in skill priority.