Wolfskin or Kitsune?

semolinaro

89 members have voted

1. 1. Wolfskin or Kitsune?

• Wolfskin
    • Kitsune

Just wondering, which beast race do you prefer?

Gameplay wise, I much prefer the Wolfskin. They are absolute tanks and are nearly indestructable. I used Velouria at the end of Conquest and she practically carried me through the rest of the game. Their strength can't be beat.

Design wise, I prefer the Kitsune. They look like regal, slender foxes, I especially like the Nine-Tails design, whereas the Wolfskin look kinda... oddly bulky? I know they're supposed to be werewolves, but their face and body could use some work. Also, the Wolfssenger's red unicorn horn looks weird as hell, not sure if they're based on some mytholigical creature, but they're just strange looking things.

Character wise, Wolfskin. I do like Kaden a lot but Selkie is a pretty shallow character who feels like fetish fuel, all she wants to do is play, that's it. Keaton is just as good as Kaden in a different kind of way, but Velouria is a a really solid, quirky character whose standoffish independance and strange habit for collecting odd things can be quite amusing. I also think the 'little red riding hood as the wolf' is a fresh take on character design.

So for me... Wolfskin wins!

Edited by semolinaro

I prefer Wolfskin too, cause I like dogs. And while I didnt use any children in my first Conque st run (cause DLC exp farming is a pain), Keaton did a lot for me. He was always such a powerhouse.

I want to vote for both of them T_T

I'm gonna have to go with Kitsune. I prefer the design for both the beast transformation and the characters themselves. Character-wise, I liked Kaden's vanity and Selkie was quite cute to me—her voice included. The Azura-Kaden-Selkie-Shigure family was too fluffy for me to deny, I cannot lie.

Character wise, Wolfskin. I do like Kaden a lot but Selkie is a pretty shallow character who feels like fetish fuel, all she wants to do is play, that's it.

like velouria isn't someone's fetish, THANE

I like both, but settled with kitsune.

Design wise: Kitsune. I like their attack animations and high-energy personalities. The wolfskins, on the other hand, have a bizarre fetish for garbage that I don't understand and don't care for. It's like Gaius and his f*cking mental disorder for candy, only this time it's aimed at something disgusting.

Gameplay wise: Kitsune. I like the high dodge. I play more sweeper than tanky so even though the wolfskin is awesome in the stat category, I just never used them much.

As a random side-note, I love the character models for the lower-tier classes of both the kitsune and the worlfskin (including the closed eye, japanese style of the wolfskin face) but I dislike the advanced class designs. The tail on the nine-tails looks... silly... an the horn on the advanced wolfskin is a bizarre choice.

Edited by Kakeyo

Hmm, speaking generically, Wolfskin. I never expected a giant hulk to suddenly appear. Though I love kitsune so Selkie > Velouria. Still voting for Wolfskin though.

Kitsune.

While I think Wolfskin is a better class in terms of stats and just usefulness in competitive, Kitsune is just ahhhh!

I like both Kaden and Selkie, I like the design and foxes>wolves.

Wolfskin for me. while I love the design of the Kitsune more, my Keaton is a monster. his only issue was his disgusting res but all I did was Partner Seal him to a Butler, get him Tomebreaker & the problem was solved for the most part

I really like Selkie's character design over the other beast characters though.

Edited by rinshiiya

Voted kitsune, the reason being design. I love the sleek fox design, whereas the wolfskin looks... bulky and ungainly? I loved the designs of transformed Volug and Nailah, too, so Fates' wolf attempt is very disappointing to me.

I also probably like Kaden and Selkie as characters better than Keaton (didn't get Velouria), though the gap isn't huge for me.

Gameplaywise they're similar enough, both having solid overall stats (including derived ones like hit/avo/crit/dodge) but 6 move + 1 range + no tricks besides a slight shuffling of their stats is kind of a downer. Wolfskin's probably better in that regard overall, though, the defence difference is substantial.

I like the design of the generic Kitsune and Wolfskin, but once they promote I just get bugged by that tail and horn (respectively) soo much. The Nine-tails tail just makes no sense and the horn on the Wolfssegner (Can I just call them Managarms again? I have to look up their name EVERY TIME.) is just really out of place, although I like the design besides that.

In terms of character, I haven't had much exposure to either child, but I really liked both from reading supports pre-launch in the US. But... overall the fact that Kinu/Selkie's English VA is just... extremely squeaky... makes me like Velour(ia) more. I also like her design a SLIGHT bit more. And I also like both Keaton and Kaden. Keaton is a fun character and Kaden is also fun and has one of my favorite crit quotes. That laugh is amazing.

In terms of unit, DEFINITLY Wolfskin. Their extreme bulk and strength is just MADE for me to love them.

I honestly don't like the Kitsune/Ninetails class, as the whole "dodge tank & mage killer" way they're made is just... not made for my type of luck. I'd rather use a Elite Ninja or Swordmaster for dodge tanking instead, and I think Falcon/Kinshi Knights are much better mage killers thanks to their move.

Don't get me wrong, the Kitsune class isn't bad, its just not a class I like using.

Interesting how people don't like the Nine-Tails design because of the tail. I think it's kinda awesome because in Japanese folklore, Kitsune who become old and wissened grow nine tails as a sign of their longevity and become demi gods, so the tails don't bother me. I also think it's kinda cool how when in Kitsune form, you can see little sprouts coming off their tail, which will soon grow into the Nine-Tail's tail.

I absolutely love the awkward fire unicorn wolf thing that Wolfssegners transform into for some reason. It's probably my favourite class design in the game. It's twice as good when you've got Keaton!Shigure because his quotes don't match up at all and it's hilarious.

Meanwhile, Kitsune feel pretty bland to me in comparison.

Voted for Kitsune.

I like Keaten, Kaden, Velouria, and Selkie a lot, and I also find a great usage in both classes. I haven't gotten either Kaden or Keaton in Revelations yet, but when I was playing Conquest and Birthright, both Selkie and Velouria became some of my strongest units. So, for me, it basically comes down to which race looks better transformed, and for me, that's the Kitsune.

I just wish the Wolfskin looked more like a werewolf rather then the sort of bipedal bear-wolf hybrids they seem to be. They're still cool, and I do like their design, it's just not as cool looking, in my opinion, as it could have been.

Gameplay wise I have to go with Wolfskin hands down. While having decent speed avoid and great res is great for tanking against mages, since beast stones are one range he won't be able to attack back unless the mage has to attack close rage. Additionally, the anti-mage position could be better filled by a Master Ninja like Kaze who is good in those same stats but can actually retaliate with long range weapons. On the other side while a Wolfskin is slower, it has great strength and defense making it a good offensive tank, and while there are long range physical attackers there are more close range attackers letting Keaton counterattack more often. It also helps that Keaton comes with both a Beast stone and a Beast Rune giving him more versatility.

Design I like them both though I do like the hoods on Velouria and generic Wolfskins more than the Kitsunes.