Yugioh: Retro Draft

SRC

Been itching to play some Yugioh yet are tired of or even afraid of all those newfangled synchroxyzpendulum monsters? Well, I've got just the draft for you! In this unique draft, we'll be picking cards from only the first few sets of the game's existence! (Includes the cardpool of Yugioh: Worldwide Edition, or Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon, Metal Raiders, Spell Ruler, Pharaoh's Servant, Labyrinth of Nightmare, and starter deck/promo exclusives from the time period.)

Rules:

1. This draft is for 4-8 players.

2. Players will draft cards in playsets of 3 (or 1 in the case of limited cards) until each player is satisfied with their deck. (40 cards + optional 0-15 card extra (fusion) deck and optional 0-15 card sideboard)

3. Cards in the freebie list and all undrafted cards from the cardpool are free for all players to use.

4. Matches will be played round-robin style under each player's leisure in any order. The player with the most match victories wins!

5. Matches will be best 2 out of 3 games, with sideboarding allowed for games 2 and 3.

6. Any program may be used to play the games, though Dueling Network is recommended for that OLD SCHOOL feel.

7. Some prior Yugioh experience is necessary for joining. (Don't worry, you don't have to be good at it!~)

If you have any suggestions on rules or need clarification, please don't hesitate to ask!

Freebie List (All cards listed as x1 are limited and additional copies may not be drafted.):

Change of Heart x1

Dark Hole x1

Monster Reborn x1

Pot of Greed x1

Witch of the Black Forest x1

Gemini Elf x3

Man-Eater Bug x3

Summoned Skull x3

Mystical Space Typhoon x3

Magic Jammer x3

Trap Hole x3

In addition, all undrafted cards, extra deck (fusion) monsters and polymerization, ritual cards/monsters, and normal monsters with below 1800 attack are free aside from the Exodia parts.

Non-Freebie Limited List:

Call of the Haunted

Card Destruction

Confiscation

Crush Card Virus

Cyber Jar

Cyber-Stein

Delinquent Duo

Graceful Charity

Gravity Bind

Harpie's Feather Duster

Heavy Storm

Imperial Order

Jinzo

Magic Cylinder

Messenger of Peace

Mirror Force

Morphing Jar

Morphing Jar #2

Painful Choice

Premature Burial

Raigeki

Ring of Destruction

Royal Decree

Sangan

Snatch Steal

The Forceful Sentry

Time Seal

Torrential Tribute

Ultimate Offering

Some other noteworthy draftable cards:

Effect Monsters:

4-Starred Ladybug of Doom

Aqua Spirit

Banisher of the Light

Bazoo the Soul-Eater

Big Shield Gardna

Bladefly

Castle of Dark Illusions

Copycat

Crass Clown

Cyber Harpie Lady

Dark Elf

Dark Necrofear

Dimensional Warrior

Dream Clown

Exodia the Forbidden One

Flying Kamakiri 1

Garuda the Wind Spirit

Gearfried the Iron Knight

Giant Germ

Giant Rat

Gilasaurus

Goblin Attack Force

Greenkappa

Hane-Hane

Hysteric Fairy

Invader of the Throne

Jirai Gumo

Karate Man

Kuriboh

Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer

Lord of D

Magician of Faith

Maha Vailo

Mask of Darkness

Masked Sorcerer

Mother Grizzly

Muka Muka

Mystic Tomato

Nimble Momonga

Panther Warrior

Penguin Soldier

Princess of Tsurugi

Revival Jam

Rocket Warrior

Senju of the Thousand Hands

Shining Angel

Sinister Serpent

Skelengel

Slate Warrior

Sonic Bird

Soul of Purity and Light

Spear Cretin

Star Boy

The Rock Spirit

Time Wizard

UFO Turtle

Wall of Illusion

White Magical Hat

Witch's Apprentice

Zombyra the Dark

Normal Monsters:

7 Colored Fish

Dunames Dark Witch

Harpie's Brother

La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp

Luster Dragon

Mechanicalchaser

Right Leg of the Forbidden One

Vorse Raider

Tribute Monsters:

Amphibian Beast

Archfiend of Gilfer

Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Cosmo Queen

Cyber-Tech Alligator

The Fiend Megacyber

Thunder Dragon

Spell Cards:

Axe of Despair

Bait Doll

Card of Safe Return

Cold Wave

Fairy Meteor Crush

Fissure

Gaia Power

Giant Trunade

Last Will

Limiter Removal

Luminous Spark

Mage Power

Mask of the Accursed

Megamorph

Molten Destruction

Mystic Plasma Zone

Nightmare's Steelcage

Nobleman of Crossout

Nobleman of Extermination

Offerings to the Doomed

Prohibition

Riryoku

Rising Air Current

Rush Recklessly

Scapegoat

Swords of Revealing Light

Tailor of the Fickle

The Dark Door

The Shallow Grave

Tribute to the Doomed

Umiiruka

United We Stand

Upstart Goblin

Trap Cards:

Acid Trap Hole

Ceasefire

Collected Power

Dust Tornado

Fairy Box

Horn of Heaven

Jar of Greed

Just Desserts

Kunai With Chain

Lightforce Sword

Magic-Arm Shield

Magic Drain

Magical Hats

Mask of Weakness

Metalmorph

Michizure

Robbin' Goblin

Negate Attack

Reinforcements

Seven Tools of the Bandit

Solemn Judgment

Solemn Wishes

Waboku

Widespread Ruin

Participants:

1. Eieson: Cyber Jar, Morphing Jar #2, Magic Cylinder, Spear Cretin, The Shallow Grave, Nobleman of Extermination, Nobleman of Crossout, Acid Trap Hole, Nightmare's Steel Cage, Just Desserts
  2. Jedi: Ultimate Offering, United We Stand, Scapegoat, Imperial Order, Dark Elf, Solemn Wishes, Horn of Heaven, Hysteric Fairy, Card of Safe Return, Revival Jam
  3. Ciarre: Raigeki, Penguin Soldier, Axe of Despair, Invader of the Throne, Widespread Ruin, Michizure, Hane Hane, Greenkappa, Dust Tornado, Princess of Tsuguri
  4. General Horace: Jinzo, Snatch Steal, Painful Choice, Mystic Tomato, Crush Card Virus, Wall of Illusion, Torrential Tribute, Upstart Goblin, Kuriboh, Rush Recklessly
  5. SRC: Ring of Destruction, The Forceful Sentry, Morphing Jar, Slate Warrior, Giant Rat, Nimble Momonga, Offerings to the Doomed, Vorse Raider, Last Will, Exodia the Forbidden One
  6. Refa: Magician of Faith, Premature Burial, Graceful Charity, Goblin Attack Force, Time Seal, Fissure, Seven Tools of the Bandit, Zombyra the Dark, Giant Germ, Dimensional Warrior
  7. Reinfleche: Cyber Stein, Sangan, Prohibition, Heavy Storm, Lord of D, Royal Decree, Cold Wave, Luster Dragon, Jar of Greed, Messenger of Peace
  8. Euklyd: Maha Vailo, Mage Power, Fairy Meteor Crush, Megamorph, Copycat, Shining Angel, Luminous Spark, Soul of Purity and Light, Mask of the Accursed, Tailor of the Fickle
  9. eclipse: Delinquent Duo, Giant Trunade, Swords of Revealing Light, Card Destruction, The Rock Spirit, White Magical hat, Waboku, Ceasefire, Gearfried the Iron Knight, Collected Power
  10. Carmine Sword: Mirror Force, Call of the Haunted, Harpie's Feather Duster, Solemn Judgment, Confiscation, Senju of the Thousand Hands, Gravity Bind, Mystic Plasma Zone, Mask of Darkness, Witch's Apprentice

Bonus Participants:

1. Terrador: Robbin' Goblin, Metalmorph, 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom, The Dark Door, Negate Attack, Fairy Box, Magical Hats, The Fiend Megacyber, Right Leg of the Forbidden One, Time Wizard

Current Results (Thanks Terrador!):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AuG28u_0F3TA0ClgiHamXW8PWApQNjgoWP5Ay4xbLGs/edit#gid=0

Edited by SRC

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, nice turnout! Don't sweat it if you haven't played in a while. This draft will only be as serious as you guys want it to be and you can relearn as the matches go.

Also, be sure to check out the freebies list again since I left a clause out from the OP. Ritual monsters and Labyrinth Walls for everyone!

Btw, one more and we can begin the draft!

Edited by SRC

Well we got Refa and Elieson joining at the same time so we'll squeeze in a ninth player. Here's the draft order:

There were 9 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Eieson
  2. Jedi
  3. Ciarre
  4. General Horace
  5. SRC
  6. Refa
  7. Reinfleche
  8. Euklyd
  9. eclipse

Timestamp: 2016-03-18 07:54:13 UTC, IP: 73.183.149.88

Standard draft procudure etc.

[2:57:01 AM] Elieson: CYBER JAR IS LEGAL

[2:57:04 AM] Elieson: GIMME DAT

[2:57:06 AM] Sergei Zinovijev: NO

[2:57:10 AM] Elieson: MY ODDLY SHAPED CONTAINER DECK

[2:57:12 AM] Elieson: WILL LIVE ON
Edited by Elieson

I have no idea what I'm doing.

EDIT FORGOT SRC

Edited by Refa

Aw man, I wish I saw this topic sooner, since I would totally have joined.

This makes me remember when I played Yu-Gi-Oh! for the first time in 8 years or so and I got wrecked by a Synchro and I was like : "What the fuck is a Synchro Summon!?" Fun times.

Edited by Carmine Sword

I would like to join as well; however, would it be possible for me to join and not be part of normal drafting order, and instead "draft" scraps once everyone is satisfied with their decks? I'm mostly curious to see what'll get left behind, and if I could build something workable from that. [i want to be excluded from the draft proper b/c I already know Euklyd's prostrat]

Yeah, Carmine Sword is in. And Terrador, you're certainly free to play with leftovers. I think that will be hilarious!

Oh right, I pick Ring of Destruction. It's fair because both players take damage!

Edited by SRC