Roy Amiibo

cgRIPPER

So the Roy amiibo for Smash comes out tomorrow (technically today since it's after midnight). Does anyone know if it'll be compatible with fates immediately or if we will have to wait for a bit?... or... if for some reason it won't be compatible at all?

Edited by cgRIPPER

Don't know no plans as of now. Not likely concerning that there is no data on the cart to indicate he's in it and since Amiibo only unlock on cart/disc content you can kinda see where that is going.

Edited by LordTaco42

As of right now, I don't believe there is the data to do so. However, with DLC / title update, anything could be possible. Perhaps a DLC you get for free, but in order to play you have to scan the Roy amiibo? I dunno.

As of right now, I don't believe there is the data to do so. However, with DLC / title update, anything could be possible. Perhaps a DLC you get for free, but in order to play you have to scan the Roy amiibo? I dunno.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, nothing?

for some reason it won't be compatible at all?

As someone who likes hacking FE14, I don't mean to be a jerk, but I find it funny that this is the very last thing you reluctantly said despite it being the most likely scenario.

There is no data for Roy in the game. Period. No weapon data. No model. No map. No sprites. No class. No voices.

Just expect nothing.

And rejoice if it does.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just expect nothing.

And rejoice if it does.

I still expect it to become compatible at a later date. Just because I find it hard to believe that they would make some of the fire emblem amiibos compatible and not others. Also, it's not like Roy's amiibo will be compatible with a vanilla copy of smash either lol.

Lets be fair Roy amiibo was not announced until well after this games japanese release if i remember correctly

Roy was revealed and released in Smash 3DS/Wii U on June 14th, 2015. On that same day, development of Roy's amiibo was confirmed. Fire Emblem if was released in Japan on June 25th, 2015.

With how close the dates are, not much can be expected of Roy's amiibo being compatible with FE Fates outside of a future patch while Cipher DLC characters are still Japan-only content thus far.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I still expect it to become compatible at a later date. Just because I find it hard to believe that they would make some of the fire emblem amiibos compatible and not others. Also, it's not like Roy's amiibo will be compatible with a vanilla copy of smash either lol.

Except smash has forced updates and patches. Even if you don't buy the DLC, the characters are still forced to be downloaded for the "base game" to be compatible online.

Fire Emblem is complete without DLC characters and show up simply as "unknown" when you don't have the DLC someone else does. Kozaki will have to draw new art again. New item data. New model. New chapter. Roy's data is not anywhere in the game.

They're better off selling that as DLC and not amiibo compatibility.

Which doesn't shatter your hope for Roy... it just means you're getting your hopes up too much for an amiibo.

What are they gonna do for Kamui amiibo? It is PERFECTLY viable for a few amiibos to not be compatible with other games they primarily were not designed for.

The Fe smash amiibos were a BONUS to have compatibility. Not their primary function. That's in smash.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'll agree that I may be keeping my hopes up more than I possibly should because I want to believe it'll come eventually, but I don't think it'd be better as DLC.

Amiibos have been extremely successful as nintendo's newest cash crop and money is exactly what would get the developers/artists/etc. to come back and make new content.

Again, it's mainly that I want to believe (partially because I'm getting it anyway lol). Especially with Japan's 2nd wave of DLC coming out right now. It's not hard to imagine them releasing an update with the new DLC.

Expect the best, prepare for the worst. Just because Roy's an FE character doesn't mean he'll be compatible with Fates. Corrin is getting an Amiibo, but I doubt he'll be compatible either.

Expect the best, prepare for the worst. Just because Roy's an FE character doesn't mean he'll be compatible with Fates. Corrin is getting an Amiibo, but I doubt he'll be compatible either.

"Expect the best, prepare for the worst." All of my feelings towards IS as a whole summed up right here lol.

As for the Corrin amiibo, they could have it compatible without recruiting a character. I could see getting a dragon mask accessory, and/or getting a dragon herb instead of einherjar for beating a team of corrin + royals.

Though, like I said, I'm intentionally indulging in wishful thinking here lol.

I pre ordered one. Have it being shipped by the 23rd. I hope it's compatible. I've been unable to find any of the others at reasonable prices since they seem to be all sold out....

I got mine today and it's not.