4-4 Reinforcements, this is feeling cheap

:Orson:

So, I'm currently at Turn 15 and suddenly this happenspwmENQm.png?1

I was having fun with this game until this part where reinforcements just pop out of nowhere. It's getting annoying and this feels really cheap. Poor Heather (I never used her), trapped in a treasure room full of halberdiers

Haha, I know this situation.

If you block the spots of the reinforcments, they'll appear right and above of your units, so you're trapped.

Just place Ike or Gatrie on Tormod's spot, who can tank them all.

To beat the metor sage just use meteor or blizzard too. A good Soren can kill him with two hits. (that means in one turn with Rafiel)

Let all the sages attack from the lower platform to let them have the high disadvantage. (don't send any units to Nailah's spot)

Marksmen are quite handy here, because they can attack from 3 range.

And you don't need Heather for this chapter, if you have the unlock stave.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Have Ike solo the enemies with ragnell before they can clusterfuck the map enough to spawn above the chokepoint (warning: EP will take >4 minutes). Just block the ledge he was next to with someone else. But yeah, I don't find the mass reinforcement rout maps fun either.

Edited by Gradivus.

No, turn 15 was the last one with reinforcements.

I see. There's just so many reinforcements in this chapter that I got confused.

But if you want the chests, it's a good to after them, after you killed all the enemies.

And don't forget to recruit Oliver!

Yes, you can recruit Oliver, this is no joke.

Seriously I only would recommend to steal Oliver's silence stave.

(I'm not sure if you really can because it could be locked - don't remember)

It's more worth to get the boss exp. than to get a very slow saint.

However he has quite interisting boss quotes in the endgame.

I wouldn't say it's cheap, more like unfortunate. The reinforcements seem to be intended to drive you upwards the stairs where you can easily outlast them as long as you are able to deal with Oliver's goons. Unfortunately it's possible that something like this happens and you end up completely surrounded instead, with no fault on the player's part.

I suppose you didn't let Heather keep her Pass skill by any chance?

I had the same thing happen to me in Sacred Stones Eirika chapter 15. A few chapters after Ephraim appears, a huge army spawns right at his starting position. I initially send him north but then had him turn around halfway through, so the ended up exactly in the centre of the spawn. He got completely torn apart.

Edited by BrightBow

I think that's actually really poor design because it drags the maps out and promotes clusterfuck situations. In seize/escape/arrive missions, I don't mind that concept at all because you can (somewhat) choose how many enemies you fight or grind, but when you're forced to fight such a huge amount of enemies that are all more or less the same, it gets tiresome pretty quickly.