Annoying Niggling Nitpicks from a Snarky Nohrian Knight.

Selena4Lyfe

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, can someone help me understand something regarding Sophie's apparel design?

...Why doesn't she seem to wear pants or shorts as a paladin? She wears the armored boots, of course, but no shorts or pants or...whatever. I don't necessarily have a problem with it in a manner of sex appeal, though it is a tad distracting when I notice it, but practically, wouldn't that be rather uncomfortable? Having your inner thighs rubbing against the saddle?

Hey, can someone help me understand something regarding Sophie's apparel design?

...Why doesn't she seem to wear pants or shorts as a paladin? She wears the armored boots, of course, but no shorts or pants or...whatever. I don't necessarily have a problem with it in a manner of sex appeal, though it is a tad distracting when I notice it, but practically, wouldn't that be rather uncomfortable? Having your inner thighs rubbing against the saddle?

This just makes me miss the artist for FE9/10 even more, honestly. Senri Kita, come back to me!

Anyways, that no-pants-cavalier crap started in Awakening with Sully. She did not get pants unless she was a GK. Cherche had pants in her base class but lost them when she reclassed to WL, I think. I don't know what is up with no pants while being on a mount. A character can look attractive while having on pants. A character can wear something functional and still look attractive.

This just makes me miss the artist for FE9/10 even more, honestly. Senri Kita, come back to me!

Anyways, that no-pants-cavalier crap started in Awakening with Sully. She did not get pants unless she was a GK. Cherche had pants in her base class but lost them when she reclassed to WL, I think. I don't know what is up with no pants while being on a mount. A character can look attractive while having on pants. A character can wear something functional and still look attractive.

I like 90% of Sophie's design, it just looks like she sat in a bidet full of acid. I'm not going to go SJW, and I enjoy dressing in a good skimpy female armor cosplay myself, but if you're going for a heavy armor style, don't leave a huge gap in the pelvic area. It makes no sense and looks dumb. I don't mind Charlotte's outfit, because that's how Barbarian/Fighter/Berserkers look and it compliments the overall design of lightly armored warrior.

Basically, I don't mind fan service, but if you're going to be in heavy armor, don't have this awkward heavy armor-fan service hybrid. Even a low cut armored breast plate wouldn't be so bad, since it's at least ascetically pleasing. A breast plate and skirt combo would also look nicer, but this looks like some took a bite out of the plate mail to get a cheap perma-panty shot.

I like 90% of Sophie's design, it just looks like she sat in a bidet full of acid. I'm not going to go SJW, and I enjoy dressing in a good skimpy female armor cosplay myself, but if you're going for a heavy armor style, don't leave a huge gap in the pelvic area. It makes no sense and looks dumb. I don't mind Charlotte's outfit, because that's how Barbarian/Fighter/Berserkers look and it compliments the overall design of lightly armored warrior.

Basically, I don't mind fan service, but if you're going to be in heavy armor, don't have this awkward heavy armor-fan service hybrid. Even a low cut armored breast plate wouldn't be so bad, since it's at least ascetically pleasing. A breast plate and skirt combo would also look nicer, but this looks like some took a bite out of the plate mail to get a cheap perma-panty shot.

Yeah, I like Sophie's design, too. I don't mind Charlotte or even Camilla. I love the latter two, in fact. Then, I look at Effie and I can't help but think that, all they had to do was color her bare legs the same color as her underwear and it literally would have been the same.

Like, there are ways to do fanservice but just omitting pieces of armor is not the way to do it. Like, take Camilla for example. While I do love her current design, I still think she would have looked sexier with some leather pants/tights on. They still are not proper for mounted riding but, at the very least, I can stretch my suspension of disbelief for it because, hey, it isn't just her battle panty-clad bottom.

Eh.

In Revelations, you can't tell any of the allies you recruit about Valla because of the curse, but any point during the game, even before Ch. 18, you can scout for enemies to grind on in the Ch. 7 Canyon Valley, which is in Valla.

LOL.

In Revelations, when Zombie Sumeragi is hooded, he's clean shaven, but when he takes off his hood, he's got this spike goatee and mustache combo? It kind of doesn't work that way.