Annoying Niggling Nitpicks from a Snarky Nohrian Knight.

Selena4Lyfe

Male Corrin and Female Corrin having the same/very similar supports up until S bothers me. Not romantic conversation, not romantic conversation, not romantic conversation, then "I love you, let's get married!" conversation. I understand that that would be a lot of dialogue, but still. :S

Also, what someone mentioned about dragon Corrin. No one in Nohr notices? Or cares? And it's never brought up again in either Birthright or Conquest? They bothered to make an animated cutscene out of it!

It actually is brought up again in Birthright, in the chapter where Kaden joins.

(paraphrased)

Kaden: "Where are you from?"

Corrin: "That's… complicated."

Kaden: "You're a human, right? Like, you don't transform into any animals or anything?"

Corrin: "…Also complicated."

Edited by FlameUser64

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually is brought up again in Birthright, in the chapter where Kaden joins.

(paraphrased)

Kaden: "Where are you from?"

Corrin: "That's… complicated."

Kaden: "You're a human, right? Like, you don't transform into any animals or anything?"

Corrin: "…Also complicated."

So what you're saying is Kaden asks more questions about Corrin's sudden ability to turn into a dragon than the four siblings Corrin grew up with ever did?

So what you're saying is Kaden asks more questions about Corrin's sudden ability to turn into a dragon than the four siblings Corrin grew up with ever did?

…You could put it that way, yeah, although it's initial introductions so it's not quite the same thing, and Kaden himself is a kitsune so it's more natural for him to actually ask about species. The expression on Corrin's face during that conversation suggests that he/she is finally realizing just how screwed up his/her life has become.

Well, this does help factor into your favorite topic to discuss on these forums. lol

No support between dlc characters. It would've been interesting to see what say marth and Lucina talk about to each other (maybe mentioning a certain fighting tournament). Also no Japanese voice dual support option. Naga help us all

It's funny. I'm one of those people that actually doesn't mind Felicia's voice. Overall, I think it's okay, and gives a bit of vocal variety to the cast while not sounding unnecessarily forced. Like fucking Effie.

What I definately do mind, though, is the way the enemy screams upon dying has such a try-hard quality to the sound. Especially the ones that last more than 1 or 1.5 seconds. Don't get me wrong, I know getting impaled with a sword or cut thorugh with an axe is bound to be painful, but...seriously, quite a few of those screams, both male and female, are positively overdramatic.

It's funny. I'm one of those people that actually doesn't mind Felicia's voice. Overall, I think it's okay, and gives a bit of vocal variety to the cast while not sounding unnecessarily forced. Like fucking Effie.

What I definately do mind, though, is the way the enemy screams upon dying has such a try-hard quality to the sound. Especially the ones that last more than 1 or 1.5 seconds. Don't get me wrong, I know getting impaled with a sword or cut thorugh with an axe is bound to be painful, but...seriously, quite a few of those screams, both male and female, are positively overdramatic.

I like Felicia's voice as well. While I do enjoy my Japanese dubbings, a lot of the time, female characters tend to sound the same to me.

As for the try-hard death wails, I have to say, they are one of my favorite voice acting portions of the game. See, I've been spoiled by a certain game called Soul Calibur, in which the death wails are literally the best part of the fight. I can't be the only person that repeatedly kicked my defeated opponent to make them cry out in that absolutely hilarious way, right? There is also Dissidia: Final Fantasy, in which most of the characters do the same, complete with slo-mo K.O. screen.

...I like weird things.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I don't understand the hate Felicia's English voice got (I use a past tense because I've seen that opinion thrown around less recently). She sounds suitably awkward and adds a bit of character to her - in the Japanese version you could've substituted her with any voice actress used to making moe voices and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Also, a nitpick I have is that Zola dies in every route. I mean, in Conquest, his plan to end the war quickly is 10 times more solid than Corrin's - why do we kill him again?

Also, a nitpick I have is that Zola dies in every route. I mean, in Conquest, his plan to end the war quickly is 10 times more solid than Corrin's - why do we kill him again?

Oh, gods... Please don't remind me of the tragedy of Zola.

I legitimately tear up a little bit when he dies in Birthright—and whenever he is brought up in real life. The last time I actually teared up while playing a game was when I lost my Wingull in a Nuzlocke challenge of Pokemon Emerald.

Zola dying all the time also annoys me.

He is one of the only NPCs to get actual development from and is pretty much different in all three routes. Also, like with above, I also teared up a bit when he was killed.

I think something that annoys and upset me the most is how much homosexual subtext was taken out, apparently. I haven't gotten the supports myself, but I hear Niles/Arthur got slightly changed, and so did Leo/Takumi? I'll find out for myself eventually but srsllyyyyy. Its not so bad though cause there's still a lot in other places, but they took out all the really good ones. Also, Niles is now a flat character. He's so boring it hurts me. I dunno why localization felt the need to take character/s who were 3-dimensional in the original and tear away all their traits that made them great characters. I reaaally don't get it.

I think something that annoys and upset me the most is how much homosexual subtext was taken out, apparently. I haven't gotten the supports myself, but I hear Niles/Arthur got slightly changed, and so did Leo/Takumi? I'll find out for myself eventually but srsllyyyyy. Its not so bad though cause there's still a lot in other places, but they took out all the really good ones. Also, Niles is now a flat character. He's so boring it hurts me. I dunno why localization felt the need to take character/s who were 3-dimensional in the original and tear away all their traits that made them great characters. I reaaally don't get it.

Bruh, Treehouse ruined my NoA Niles x Arthur ship. They watered down the core personality aspect of one characters, Niles, and, in my opinion, it weakened the support as a whole.

Let's be honest. I'm just salty they took out Niles' innuendo and took away a part of why I enjoyed their support. Yes, Niles speaks in a lewd, inappropriate manner but, at least in his support with Arthur, it was played more as a defense mechanism than the gimmick that it actually is. Arthur came across as someone a bit more aware and perceptive than his 1950's superhero stereotype and I loved it. Now... I don't know...

As from Leo x Takumi, while I enjoy that pairing, their support really revolved around them hating each other, finding out they had the same interests or something like that and, then, realizing they had more in common than they had assumed. Did Treehouse change that as well or something? There really wasn't that much to change.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Bruh, Treehouse ruined my NoA Niles x Arthur ship. They watered down the core personality aspect of one characters, Niles, and, in my opinion, it weakened the support as a whole.

Let's be honest. I'm just salty they took out Niles' innuendo and took away a part of why I enjoyed their support. Yes, Niles speaks in a lewd, inappropriate manner but, at least in his support with Arthur, it was played more as a defense mechanism than the gimmick that it actually is. Arthur came across as someone a bit more aware and perceptive than his 1950's superhero stereotype and I loved it. Now... I don't know...

As from Leo x Takumi, while I enjoy that pairing, their support really revolved around them hating each other, finding out they had the same interests or something like that and, then, realizing they had more in common than they had assumed. Did Treehouse change that as well or something? There really wasn't that much to change.

In the original Leo/Takumi support, one of them says something like, "But we shouldn't end this relationship with just friendship.." I heard that got altered/taken out.

In the original Leo/Takumi support, one of them says something like, "But we shouldn't end this relationship with just friendship.." I heard that got altered/taken out.

Is this what you meant?

"T: Right… I never thought we could get along like this. Friendship truly is a mysterious thing. But, Prince Leon, I think that we should not end this bond with mere friendship."

Original support: http://pastebin.com/ef50TCG5

Edited by Matt-hue

I'd say that the lack of unique endings is far more than a nitpick; it's supposed to make the players feel like they have done well by hearing how the characters and certain pairings fared after the war, yet it's all the same and, like mentioned numerous times, often contradictory, which robs the player of a feeling of accomplishment. That's far worse than a little nitpick.

But hey, maybe I'm just nitpicking what nitpicking means.

Haha, maybe. Those endings are kinda only there for a few seconds at the end as nothing but 3-5 lines of text. They felt minor (in this game) so I guess I was counting this complaint as a nitpick because of it. >.>

I don't understand the hate Felicia's English voice got (I use a past tense because I've seen that opinion thrown around less recently). She sounds suitably awkward and adds a bit of character to her - in the Japanese version you could've substituted her with any voice actress used to making moe voices and it wouldn't have made a difference.

I've only seen the encounter and arc of Zola in the Birthright path so far... I figured he'd grown a bit fond of Corrin in that arc... mad pretty obvious by his death dialogue with Garron. But he actually made a proposal of how to end the war?

Lemme guess. Corrin kills him?

Is this what you meant?

"T: Right… I never thought we could get along like this. Friendship truly is a mysterious thing. But, Prince Leon, I think that we should not end this bond with mere friendship."

Original support: http://pastebin.com/ef50TCG5

Huhhhhh..... So Leo's bi too, huh?

The fact that we can't buy an unlimited supply of Hand Axes and Javelins. They've been a staple in every previous Fire Emblem game and they aren't OP, especially in this game. Now I have a hard time giving every Physical weapon user a ranged weapon. In my Conquests run, I made the mistake of forging them and ran out pretty quickly.

I'm also salty that they nerfed ranged physical weapons into the ground, but I think that crosses from nit-pick into moderate gripe territory. They can't trigger skills or double and they give a speed penalty. One of those alone, maybe two could have balanced them, but all three is just annoying. It makes Tomes and Shuriken be top-tier weapons, because they have 1-2 range without any such restrictions, and shuriken give debuffs on top of that.

I've tried to build my army around getting as much shuriken and tome users as a result.

...So in reality, as far as general weaponry, daggers/shuriken and tomes are king?

Pretty much. Tomes have always been pretty powerful in past FE games already, since most enemies have lower Res than Def.

I'm also salty that they nerfed ranged physical weapons into the ground, but I think that crosses from nit-pick into moderate gripe territory. They can't trigger skills or double and they give a speed penalty. One of those alone, maybe two could have balanced them, but all three is just annoying. It makes Tomes and Shuriken be top-tier weapons, because they have 1-2 range without any such restrictions, and shuriken give debuffs on top of that.

I've tried to build my army around getting as much shuriken and tome users as a result.

I feel the same way. It's especially obvious with how relatively light the penalties of the daggers/shuriken are for the user compared to how game breaking their debuffs are, and how the more powerful ranged non-tome/spirit/dagger/shuriken weapons are a fixed to 2 range. I really wish weapon forging would gradually lessen the debuffs that a lot of those weapons suffered instead of just increasing the attack/accuracy/critical rate.

I feel the same way. It's especially obvious with how relatively light the penalties of the daggers/shuriken are for the user compared to how game breaking their debuffs are, and how the more powerful ranged non-tome/spirit/dagger/shuriken weapons are a fixed to 2 range. I really wish weapon forging would gradually lessen the debuffs that a lot of those weapons suffered instead of just increasing the attack/accuracy/critical rate.

Agreed.

Another gripe I was reminded of as I make my rounds on accessory giving is the faded gray that signifies that I can't visit a castle again until tomorrow. I wish they made it red, or some other color that was easier to distinguish at a glance from the black text of castles that I can visit. I can barely tell the shades apart.

I've only seen the encounter and arc of Zola in the Birthright path so far... I figured he'd grown a bit fond of Corrin in that arc... mad pretty obvious by his death dialogue with Garron. But he actually made a proposal of how to end the war?

Lemme guess. Corrin kills him?

Nah, Leo does. Corrin just watches and remarks how coldhearted Leo is towards his enemies. Zola actually played smart and managed to trap all the Hoshidan royalty and had them ready to be executed so the war could be ended quickly. But then Corrin and co. come in, free the Hoshidan siblings (WAT R U DOING), and basically tell Zola "STAHP PLAYING DIRTY even if it actually saves us a lot of hardship, death, and other stuff in the future." It's possibly one of the dumbest moments in Conquest.