Annoying Niggling Nitpicks from a Snarky Nohrian Knight.

Selena4Lyfe

The ages of the children making no sense and not being even close to each-other. The difference between them is insane. I would place Shiro at easily 20 or above, Soleil, Seigbert, Shigure, and a few others at about 18, and then you have the ones like Kana and Midori who look barely 10-12. I think it would of made more sense if it was explained that some of them are not their kids, that they were either apprentices, squires, trainees, or even looked after by the "parents". Would of given the option for the same sex S supports to have 2nd gen characters two. It bothers me so much because its weird to see something like Shiro and Ryoma where they don't look that far off from each others age, same with Soleil, Shigure, Hisama, and Ignatius. These characters would of made better apprentice, trainee, or even adopted characters. At least in Awakening it made sense.

Honestly, after the whole "everyone in the future the kids came from decided to have babies at the same time so you don't feel bad about marrying them" thing Awakening had going for it, I prefer the variety of ages in the Fates kids.

The maps in Revelation rely way too much on reinforcement spam for "difficulty." There's not even a lot of them, most of the time, and honestly it just feels like the reinforcements are there to make the maps longer.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I was also "WTF" on the Zola thing. His plan would've ended the war with much less bloodshed. All Corrin needed to do was probably hide them out on our own castle prison, Azura sending to the Outrealms or something. Ok, we could argue how Garon would react without seeing bodies or the Nohrian royals, but 2 of the siblings end up dieing anyway.

- Azura tells Corrin that you vanish if you speak of the Deeprealm or something like that, yet everyone sends their kids there and we even have a castle where everyone hangs around. Nobody also questions where that castle came from. And if the Nohr siblings feared, but not knew the truth about Garon, I guess they would be somewhat interested to show him his grandchildren? Or Garon himself would be interested to know his kids now have heirs of their own now.

- Back to gameplay. The Dagger/Shuriken weapons are very annoying and barely have meaningful drawbacks.

- Weapon Ranks taking forever to level up. It's a real pain when you switch classes and have E Rank at midgame.

- Scalable maps. Well, some were good, others freaking terrible, I also hated when I saw that DLC scales as well. I want a little break, an easy way to get EXP and Gold, specially for postgame and completionism, specially characters I didn't use in the main campaign. I heard on the other routes you do low level scout missions for them, but what about Conquest?

- I watched a skinship video in the Japanese version. The 2D model is zoomed out more, you can see up to their waist at least, while here they zoomed in their faces, and curiously, you can only go down up to the chest of the characters, and with the zoom in, makes the game look even more provocative than they probably intended. I also don't like how they end so fast, you should need to press a button to end it and should be able to see it in the Support Log.

- The ridiculous high costs for accessories. It would be fine if buying an item made it available for everyone else too or the items at least transferred between saves.

- Forging is also exaggerated. You need two +1 Weapons to make a +2. Two +2 weapons to a +3. When you reach higher numbers it just becomes annoying and a ridiculous need to farm gold.

- The screwed up RNG. I think NoA did something wrong with the programming. I never hit and got hit so much by absurdly low hit hates. Also, never saw so many 5% crits activating. Either the true information is not being displayed correctly or it is, but in the progamming it's not being considered. I really would like to know about this on the Japanese version. Are there complaints there about the RNG?

- There are no voices on the supports.

Edited by Lanko

- Azura tells Corrin that you vanish if you speak of the Deeprealm or something like that, yet everyone sends their kids there and we even have a castle where everyone hangs around.

Valla =/= Deeprealm

Something that's been bugging me is this. We learn in Birthright that whenever Azura sings a song that has exorcism qualities to them, a curse will cause Azura to suffer excruciating pain. So why didn't that happen when she did the same thing in Conquest?!

Something that's been bugging me is this. We learn in Birthright that whenever Azura sings a song that has exorcism qualities to them, a curse will cause Azura to suffer excruciating pain. So why didn't that happen when she did the same thing in Conquest?!

It may have happened offscreen.

Considering that she dies in the ending of Conquest just like in Birthright.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Honestly, after the whole "everyone in the future the kids came from decided to have babies at the same time so you don't feel bad about marrying them" thing Awakening had going for it, I prefer the variety of ages in the Fates kids.

The maps in Revelation rely way too much on reinforcement spam for "difficulty." There's not even a lot of them, most of the time, and honestly it just feels like the reinforcements are there to make the maps longer.

I really hate when it's a rout map, and a couple reinforcements appear at the other side of the map, when I only have an enemy unit or two left. I waste 2-3 turns just getting back to kill them. I really think the rout objective was overused.

I really hate when it's a rout map, and a couple reinforcements appear at the other side of the map, when I only have an enemy unit or two left. I waste 2-3 turns just getting back to kill them. I really think the rout objective was overused.

Yeah. Most of the time they used to not use the Rout objective at all if they were going to have reinforcements. It seems to me that in Sacred Stones some maps even had literally infinite reinforcements which were guaranteed to wear you down eventually if you didn't hurry up with the mission objective.

Also, related to this topic: Enemy units are somehow immune to the lava in the Demon's Falls. Maybe that makes sense with the "Invaders" in that map the first time through, but for random ruffians? Yeah they should be taking lava damage.

The character pics seems to mirror image a lot. With most unit's it's not that noticable, but with Camilla, her boob strap thing keeps flipping from left to right, and it just bugs me.

The character pics seems to mirror image a lot. With most unit's it's not that noticable, but with Camilla, her boob strap thing keeps flipping from left to right, and it just bugs me.

Oh yeah same. With things like Camilla's boob strap, Niles' eye patch, Peri's hair etc...

Is it ever like that map in Birthright where you're going through Dragonfall, trying to make your way to the boss, and every turn you're hit with more weak-ass faceless to slap to the side? 'Cause those are annoying aswell. I just got through that map, and had to repeat it twice, only because first, Sophie got slowly smacked to death 'cause I didn't have a healer nearby in the north, then again because the faceless that in retrospect was obvious magic-user bait killed Orochi 'cause of that magic-counter skill. Otherwise, it's just a slow crawl to the boss; not difficult, just slightly cumbersome.

Here is an annoying nitpick for this thread. Every time I scan over the title, my eyes pick up "Annoying Nohrian Knight" and my brain fills in the second word so it reads "Annoying Neko Knight". It has happened 5 times already and each time I think "Wow, rude." lol

Sorry man! xD

Do you need me to change the title a bit? I'm sure i can come up with another alliteration string, if need be.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

New one is the lack of bulky characters in early Revelation. I might have just gotten Def screwed, but when Mozu has the highest Def on my team, it makes the early chapters pretty hard. Unfortunately, we don't have Silas this go around which is really felt, since in Birthright he helped quite a lot early. Conquests had plenty of high Def characters early, but early Rev is full of glass cannons. It wouldn't be so bad if HP hadn't gotten a huge nerf in this game.

One thing that's kind of annoying is the limit to the amount of levels you can gain. It feels like every level I gain where I don't learn a new skill is a level wasted. I'm just glad they made it possible to buy skills from other players/your old units.

Also, I think it's pretty apparent that the weapon rank system isn't working. I think Shouzo Kaga knew this--Tear Ring Saga went back to the old "weapon level" stat.

Also, I think it's pretty apparent that the weapon rank system isn't working. I think Shouzo Kaga knew this--Tear Ring Saga went back to the old "weapon level" stat.

What does this means and what was the old weapon level? In Fates I'm feeling is extremely hard to level up weapon ranks, even worse if you chance classed mid-game. Maybe this game wanted us to give more value for Arms Scrolls...

One thing that's kind of annoying is the limit to the amount of levels you can gain. It feels like every level I gain where I don't learn a new skill is a level wasted. I'm just glad they made it possible to buy skills from other players/your old units.

I'm not sure what you mean by it isn't working. Do you mean the slow weapon XP gain, the E starting level for every class, or the capping at weird levels, like B?

I really wish every class had at least one S rank, and every class could at least go to A. The lower limits seem kinda arbitrary.

What does this means and what was the old weapon level? In Fates I'm feeling is extremely hard to level up weapon ranks, even worse if you chance classed mid-game. Maybe this game wanted us to give more value for Arms Scrolls...

In the very old Fire Emblem games, there was weapon level instead of weapon rank. Weapon level is displayed as an integer number that determines what weapons you can use. Similar to other stats like Strength and Speed, weapon level goes up as you level up, rather than how often you use the weapon type. Weapon level applies to all weapon types the class can use. Each weapon has a weapon level requirement in order to be wielded and used by a unit.

ex. In Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, a paladin can use both swords and lances. This paladin has a weapon level of 10. Therefore, the paladin can freely use silver swords (which require weapon lv. 9) and silver lances (which require weapon lv. 7).

And yeah, in Fates, unless you do a lot of challenge battles, you'd definitely feel how slow weapon ranks come, especially since the Discipline skill (doubles weapon exp. gain) from Awakening doesn't exist in Fates.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I hate to be "that guy", but this was a thing in Awakening too. I suppose it doesn't make it any more annoying, but forging E-class weapons several times over can make the grind much easier, IMO.

I hate to be "that guy", but this was a thing in Awakening too. I suppose it doesn't make it any more annoying, but forging E-class weapons several times over can make the grind much easier, IMO.

It was a problem in Awakening, and it's still a problem now. The fact that there are upper limits on weapon ranks now makes this even more unnecessary, IMO. Why not just give each class a single, unchanging weapon rank for each weapon they can use, like in FE4?

This system debuted in Thracia 776, and in that game it was HORRIBLE. Weapon ranks took forever to go up, and when Dalsin promotes, suddenly he has a B rank in axes and an E rank in everything else.

Felicia is really hit hard by reclassing. With her low strength, she does very poorly as a hero or a bow knight without stronger weapons.

Edited by Gaggle of Geese

Honestly, Felicia shouldn't be in a physical class, anyways. Unless it is to pick up skills. At least, that's how I feel.

I never really had trouble with weapon ranks. I suppose it would be a larger hurdle during Lunatic mode, though, so I won't comment on that. On any other difficulty, the weapon ranks are pretty much negligible because of how useful the lower ranked weapons are. Combined with debuffers softening enemies, it wasn't that much of a problem reclassing Felicia and training her up.

Again, this is just in my experience--which doesn't include Lunatic mode so it might not even matter. LOL.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

The main problem is simply being stuck with Bronze/Brass weapons at rank E. And somehow it feels like weapon ranks take longer to improve than in Awakening, but maybe that's just because Bronze weapons were less useless in Awakening. (Seriously I prefer wielding a bamboo pole to wielding a brass naginata. The bamboo pole can crit and activate skills.)

Sacred Stones had a really great weapon rank system: You could A rank all weapons you could wield. Every unit could S rank any one weapon type of their choosing, but only one; all their other weapon types would forever be capped at A. Advanced classes had a base weapon rank they would gain upon promotion if they didn't already have it. And of course Iron weapons were E rank anyway and Bronze didn't exist, so that wasn't an issue either.

I wish this game had a lesbian option that wasn't A: a creepy stalker (Rhajat), or B: a creepy nymphomaniac (Soleil). I was initially bummed that Soleil was not a second option, but after seeing a few of her supports, I wouldn't have gone with her anyway. I hear the Niles option was nice, at least in the Japanese version, so at least there's that.

As with real life, picking the gay option makes you miss out on kids, so I probably wouldn't have gone with it, again shadowing real life...

The Crykensia map in Revelations. Even during challenge battles, the Obstacles are still there and they have to be picked up if any of the enemy units don't have 2-range weapons.

Characters getting E ranks whenever they reclass. Its a pain to get out of E rank hell. I'm looking at you Priestess Hana.

Midori's eyebrows bothers me.

The Avatar Creator feels like a step down compared to Awakening. Most of the hair and facial expressions sucked when I used the older male Corrin build. Who the hell uses that emo hair that covers half of your avatar's face?

The fact that some units aren't recruited in the main story but recruited by upgrading buildings in My Castle is dumb.

The fact that Revelations is weirdly balanced where a unit's bases are barely changed or not in their recruitment chapter. Nyx has the same bases midgame while Shura keeps his Hoshido bases in the same chapter borthers me to no end.

The Crykensia map in Revelations. Even during challenge battles, the Obstacles are still there and they have to be picked up if any of the enemy units don't have 2-range weapons.

What happens if you go in with a full inventory and don't take Corrin for the Convoy?

What happens if you go in with a full inventory and don't take Corrin for the Convoy?

Either the challenge battle goes on forever, you'd discard an item, or you reset.

Edited by Roflolxp54