A Sardonic Look at Fire Emblem Fates

Leif

That's my biggest complaint about Fates. The story itself doesn't bother me (there's certainly worse out there), but they had what was in my opinion, easily the best cast of Playable Characters in the entire franchise (and the overall cast is pretty up there) and they squandered it on the story.

I very very strongly agree with this.

It is.

But at least he isn't actively trying to resurrect Satan, which is what Vigarde is doing, and if Seth realises it and Grado's clergy realises it, Grado's generals should too. Additionally, it's implied that Hoshido and Nohr had an existing conflict, which Garon merely escalates, while Vigarde creates an entirely new conflict, stabbing Grado's close allies in the back. I honestly think Vigarde is considerably worse (although since Garon is much more important than Vigarde, he hurts Fates more), but at worst they're comparable. Saying that Vigarde deserves Selena's loyalty more than Garon deserves Xander's doesn't fly at all to me.

I'm sympathetic to the arguments that Selena is painted as tragic and Xander isn't, though I don't personally agree. I interpreted Xander as misguided and tragic, in both routes (not Revelation, though. Blah at Revelation, it barely tries anything with its cast at all). And I don't really need a game to tell me what to think of its characters; I can form my own opinions on their morality.

well im not really arguing that Vidgarde deserves Selena's loyalty more than Xander does Garon. I actually agree with your view of Xander. I just preferred how BR portrayed him, over Conquest.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic