I know that I have seen a post like this some where, however I am no good at math and the formula has practically left me in the dust like formulae often do. Can anyone help me work out what our lovely Lucina's stats will be? Any and all help appreciated!

Chloey's current stats pre chapter 12: 78 HP| 29 Str| 31 Mag| 34 Skl| 34 Spd| 35 Lck| 42 Def| 32 Res

Chrom's current stats pre chapter 12: 80 HP| 44 Str| 7 Mag| 41 Skill| 42 Spd| 46 Lck| 41 Def| 27 Res

Chrom is capped in all but Res and Magic and Chloey is capped in strength. Chloey's asset is defence and her flaw is luck if that will help to work out her base stats :D:

Again thanks for helping

~TSC

Just made the calculations assuming that Chrom's current class is Great Lord and Choey's is Grandmaster (if not, just tell me, I'll recalculate):

Lucina's stats (Lord LV12): HP:58 / Str:25 / Mag:12 / Skl:29 / Spd: 29 / Lck:32 / Def:27 / Res:22

I hope that was useful ^^

Just made the calculations assuming that Chrom's current class is Great Lord and Choey's is Grandmaster (if not, just tell me, I'll recalculate):

Lucina's stats (Lord LV12): HP:58 / Str:25 / Mag:12 / Skl:29 / Spd: 29 / Lck:32 / Def:27 / Res:22

All of the children (Lucina included) join in their base class at level 10 though. I bring this up in case it affects the stats.

Well here is something I picked up from Serenes' awakening section.

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/base-stats/main-story/

Also if you want to see caps of Children: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/maximum-stats/complete/

Hope it Helps!

Edit: woops skipped the part where the formula didn't help much.

forgot to add this too: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/classes/base-stats/

• The childrens’ actual base stats = [(mother’s current stats – mother’s class base stats) + (father’s current stats – father’s class base stats) + child’s absolute base stats] / 3 + child’s class base stats.
Edited by IsaacBorg

Chloey's a Sorcerer at the moment while Chrom is a Great Lord. Not sure how that will help but there it is :D:

Well here is something I picked up from Serenes' awakening section.

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/base-stats/main-story/

Also if you want to see caps of Children: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/maximum-stats/complete/

Hope it Helps!

Edit: woops skipped the part where the formula didn't help much.

forgot to add this too: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/classes/base-stats/

And I did mention that math goes over my head right? So even if I were to try and work it out I am very much certain that I would/could be wrong D: math was and is even to this day my weakest subject.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Alright, I fixed Choey's class, here are the stats ^^ :

HP:57 / Str:27 / Mag:12 / Skl:30 / Spd:30 / Lck:32 / Def:26 / Res:22

I don't know why that would help, given that you actually grinded for Chrom and Chloey, so I guess you're not playing a normal playthrough, therefore you could just beat Chapter 13, then grind for Lucina... your choice though :)

All of the children (Lucina included) join in their base class at level 10 though. I bring this up in case it affects the stats.

Oh you're right, my bad, even though it doesn't affect stats calculations ^^

Edited by Gaheris Black

Alright, I fixed Choey's class, here are the stats ^^ :

HP:57 / Str:27 / Mag:12 / Skl:30 / Spd:30 / Lck:32 / Def:26 / Res:22

I don't know why that would help, given that you actually grinded for Chrom and Chloey, so I guess you're not playing a normal playthrough, therefore you could just beat Chapter 13, then grind for Lucina... your choice though :)

Oh you're right, my bad, even though it doesn't affect stats calculations ^^

I figured I'd mention it in case it did. Being unsure about that wouldn't have been very useful if it had affected it.

Actually calculating stats can be very easy using Excel ^^ (it takes up to 5 mins), so you're not the one that do the calculations, you just input the required stuff that you can find on SF :D .

I'll have to find it on mine then ^^'

I am doing a normal run of the game and wanted Lucina to actually be level with the other childern/beat them a little in terms of training. It just means that I can pick up Morgan nice and early as well :XD:

I figured I'd mention it in case it did. Being unsure about that wouldn't have been very useful if it had affected it.

Thank you anyway ^^

So you're going to train every couple of parents to give the children acceptable stats? Are you still going to use the parents after you get all the OP children x)?

Thank you anyway ^^

So you're going to train every couple of parents to give the children acceptable stats? Are you still going to use the parents after you get all the OP children x)?

I still want to use the parents and the children as a team. But yeah I kinda want Lucy to be nicely OP for the end game :XD:

Long story short: Children's starting stats are an average of their starting stats and their two parents' stats. It's not QUITE that simple, because the average part must *ignore* all class stat bonuses, but then you add on the child's class bonuses at the end. I'll use a simple example; let's say we're looking at Str, for a +Str/-Def female Avatar married to Chrom. The Avatar is currently a Hero, and Chrom is currently a Great Lord, and both have capped Str.

Avatar's total Str = 46. Class bonus = 8. Avatar's base Str = 46-8 = 38.

Chrom's total Str = 44. Class bonus = 10. Chrom's base Str = 44-10 = 34.

Lucina's absolute base Str = 5. Female Lord Str bonus = 5.

So Lucina's Str upon recruitment should be (38+34+5)/3 + 5 = (38+39)/3+5 = (77)/3 + 5 = 25 + 5 = 30. However, the cap for a (female) Lord's Str is 28, so her Str will be capped when she's recruited; promoting her to Great Lord will raise the cap, and add an extra 3 Str (because the female Great Lord's Str bonus is 8, an increase of 3), putting Lucina at 33 Str. This pattern--two parents with capped stats producing a child with pre-promoted stats that are all, or almost all, capped--has held up fairly well in my current file.

Unless I've made an error in my math somewhere, of course. As a note: when doing the average, you ignore any fractional parts. 77/3 is actually 25.666... but it gets truncated to 25 for this calculation.

Edit:
Also, unless I'm mistaken, the stat bonuses provided by Limit Breaker have no effect on inheritance. Even if they did, the most you could get would be an extra 6 points (20/3 = 6.666... which truncates to 6), so it's not like it's a huge loss.

Edited by amiabletemplar

Well, we can check! Looking up the Sorcerer class in the FE Wiki, we can find out what the class's contribution to Mag is; it's 6.

So, Chloey's magic stat, regardless of class, is 31-6 = 25. If you changed to a class that gave no benefit to Mag, that would be her stat--it can't go any lower than that. Meanwhile, Chrom is a (male) GL, which adds 0 to Mag. So Chrom's base Mag IS his current Mag: 7. As it turns out, Lucina's base Mag is 1, and (female) Lord's class bonus is 1, so I'm pretty sure her personal starting Mag, regardless of class, is 0.

So we get: (25+7+0)/3 + 1 = 32/3 + 1 = 10+1 = 11. So, yes, she should (just barely) have double-digit Mag when recruited. If you can, it would be useful to raise one of her parents' Mag by just 1 point--that would give her an extra point too.

If exact numbers aren't a big deal, you can get a rough idea of a child's final stats by just doing a simple average: (mother+father+child)/3. This will be off--it will be several points higher than the actual result--but it is easier to calculate and doesn't require you to look up any numbers. Using your provided numbers, for example, that would be (31+7+1)/3 = (39/3) = 13, which is only 2 points off from the actual value. Pretty close! So, if you want to get a rough-but-easy estimate of a child's stats, do a simple average and then shave off a few points (no more than 5, I'd say) and you have a rough idea.

Once you recruit Lucina and can access the child paralogues, though, it's literally just as easy as starting the map, skipping the intro, and looking at the unit. If you grind the parents enough, their children will have some (pre-promotion) capped stats, so this method isn't perfect but it remains easy and requires exactly 0 calculation.

Edited by amiabletemplar

Now for the slightly important stats of Lucina:

HP: 57

Strength: 26 and capped

Magic: 12 (grr damn your low magic Chrom! Although I guess you're not magically inclined)

Skill: 28 and capped

Speed: 30 and capped

Luck: 31 and capped

Defence: 29 and capped

Resistance: 18

So these are the stats that Lucina ended up with (Chloey did some magical growth for me) and I really dislike Chrom's lack of growth in magic, but I understand it as well. I wonder what a magic asset avatar would do to that magic growth?

So these are the stats that Lucina ended up with (Chloey did some magical growth for me) and I really dislike Chrom's lack of growth in magic, but I understand it as well. I wonder what a magic asset avatar would do to that magic growth?

Not all that much as I remember. It's certainly more usable than Chrom, but not quite Libra level either.

Not all that much as I remember. It's certainly more usable than Chrom, but not quite Libra level either.

The difference is pretty minor, yeah. Looks like switching from +Def/-Lck to +Mag/-Def would only net you 6 more percentage points of growth rate--hardly worth writing home about. Lucina's cap inheritance from Chrom is broad but shallow (+1 to Mag, +2 to everything else except Def and Res), so the Avatar's contribution, while always meaningful, will never be a world-shaking deal.

OOOOH totally forgot about that class bonus part and the caps... it wasn't as simple as I figured ...

Sorry about that...

That's ok I noticed that Lucina came home with 12 points of magic :XD: it could have been higher, but you got quite close to her stats that I wound up with :D: