I calculated the average stats for all the Nohr/Conquest characters.

I made this thread in the Site Content board, but I figure it might be a good idea to post it here as well, so that I can get more feedback.

I couldn't find a compilation of ALL the average stats in the game, so I've been chipping away at it myself in a Google Document. It's taking longer than I thought it would! Anyway, I believe I am done with the Nohrians. Voila!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12GvkyCZ2D3ZwH4U9FiI7DuR1skFIa0OTWwkbs0lGaik/edit

Three things to keep in mind: 1) I did not account for Partner/Buddy Seals - only base classes and Heart Seals; 2) I did not account for Eternity Seals (honestly, there's no point to); 3) characters that can be recruited at any point after a certain chapter (eg. Flora, Izana) apparently gain extra levels if you take longer to actually recruit them - because I assume that most players will recruit them ASAP in every playthrough, I account for the earliest level that they can be recruited at.

I have been using all the resources on this site (Character Recruitment, Character Growth Rates, Character Base Stats, Class Base Stats, Character Max Stats, and Class Max Stats) for this project. If any values are wrong, let me know and I will correct them. I believe I have been quite meticulous with checking my math, but I'm not perfect.

Oh, and the last several pages of the document contain the Growth Rates, just because I think it's nice to have it all on the same tab as the averages. :)

Remember, if your character hits the level cap and all their stats are below the average stats listed for them, that means your character got RNG screwed.

Oh, and I accounted for Corrin/Kamui/MU/Avatar/Whatever being +SPD/-LCK, because I assume that's what most folks do. It's what most folks did in Awakening anyway, and it seems to be pretty effective in this game as well. Sorry if this doesn't help you. I can add all the other different Kamuis as well (eg. +STR/-MAG) if requested.

If people complain enough, I suppose I can whip up a spreadsheet version instead. I personally prefer Docs for stuff like this, but everyone's different.

Wow, I did not find that on Google when I looked to see if somebody had already compiled the average stats. Very handy! I suppose I can use my calculations to verify, and vice-versa. Thanks for the link. :)

That, and I think it is also handy to just have a list where you can find what you need with CTRL+F.

Edited by I fight for my friends.

Average stats at 20/20 don't really do a good job of showing you tier list / "best" characters, because a huge part of how good a character is has to do with the rest of the game. Seth had relatively poor 20/20 stats but is generally considered the best character in Sacred Stones because his stats in Chapter 1 compared to other characters at that point in the game are absolutely amazing, and he remains the best until near the end, so the slight victories other characters enjoy over him late can't push them to be better overall.

Additionally, in most games including this one, many characters will not actually reach 20/20. You'd probably a get a better sense if you had everyone at some lower level, such as 20/10 or 20/15 (with level adjustments for characters like Corrin who has Nobility, and Leo/Camilla/Reina who gain Exp faster), though even then that would be far from perfect. But it still doesn't reflect characters who join more powerful for the time and similar things.

stats aren't everything in a tier since a lot of things have to be considered. What are the weapons that are most effective at the moment? What mechanics have changed? What are the bare minimums for "average" in stats? There are so many things to consider before deciding a "best".

For example, Hinata at base has a 15% speed growth, which makes it look like he's really slow. However, consider his base speed of 14, the class growth of 20% speed, the promotion of +3 speed to swordmaster and katanas giving +1 speed puts him on average at around 27-28 speed, which prevents him from being doubled by heroes at max speed when leveling to 20/20. There is also practice katana to make up for the speed deficiency and he has enough speed to double most things in birthright until the fast guys come near the end. Another thing that is fairly deceptive is the defense growth. Hinata has a base 45% defense growth with 12 defense at start. However there are problems with it. His defense is just at 45% growth since the class gives nothing in defense growth, and on average they grow to be around 26-27 defense. These defenses will only really be enough to sponge one or two hits from strong units like generals and great knights. Additionally, he can't take more than one hit from a berserker, so he kind of needs to dodge tank them.

Ultimately, you have to experience it to give it your thoughts. Consider the units you face, the base stats, weapons, and personal experience.

Average stats at 20/20 don't really do a good job of showing you tier list / "best" characters, because a huge part of how good a character is has to do with the rest of the game. Seth had relatively poor 20/20 stats but is generally considered the best character in Sacred Stones because his stats in Chapter 1 compared to other characters at that point in the game are absolutely amazing, and he remains the best until near the end, so the slight victories other characters enjoy over him late can't push them to be better overall.

Additionally, in most games including this one, many characters will not actually reach 20/20. You'd probably a get a better sense if you had everyone at some lower level, such as 20/10 or 20/15 (with level adjustments for characters like Corrin who has Nobility, and Leo/Camilla/Reina who gain Exp faster), though even then that would be far from perfect. But it still doesn't reflect characters who join more powerful for the time and similar things.

I agree completely for FE games in general... but this game isn't like most FE games; it has multiplayer. When people think of a tier list in any game where pvp is a thing, they're gonna want to look at absolute max potential.

Although maybe hackers will run rampant again like they did in Shadow Dragon and no one will bother with pvp anyway. *shrugs