Which of the new classes do you want to see continue?

Seanp12

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every enemy class is gender-locked when it comes to generics. The Troubadour and Sky Knight class trees are female, everything else (I think?) are male. It cuts down on enemy designs which the game has to create, but does feel lazy. It's also pretty silly when the only three Nohrian wyvern riders are women (Percy's not really a Nohrian considering where he was raised), but all the generic ones are men.

Re Arms Master, I like the idea! But make them a damn master of their weapons, don't just give them two E ranks (and cap two of their ranks at B!). There aren't many things I want to see the series take back from Shadow Dragon/New Mystery, but one of those would be having some classes have base WExp: Arms Master should be one such, if it comes back. As is it just isn't practical to make use of the full triangle when your base ranks are so bad.

Didn't Sacred Stones have base weapon ranks for advanced classes too? Sacred Stones also had a thing where all weapon ranks could reach A, but you could only S rank one weapon type. Of course, in Sacred Stones being stuck with iron weapons was a lot less of a bother since that's all you'd use for most of the game anyway due to weapon weight being a thing. (Unless you're a Pegasus Knight, in which case you can't viably use anything other than a Slim Lance. Poor Pegasus Knights.)

Edit: As for gender-locking enemy generics, Awakening did that too, but it was weird because they had portraits for the opposite gender for several classes, as we find out from the Deadlords. Non-gender-locked generics would be nice though, since there are so many skills with effects based on the gender of allied or enemy units.

Edited by FlameUser64

Every enemy class is gender-locked when it comes to generics. The Troubadour and Sky Knight class trees are female, everything else (I think?) are male. It cuts down on enemy designs which the game has to create, but does feel lazy. It's also pretty silly when the only three Nohrian wyvern riders are women (Percy's not really a Nohrian considering where he was raised), but all the generic ones are men.

Re Arms Master, I like the idea! But make them a damn master of their weapons, don't just give them two E ranks (and cap two of their ranks at B!). There aren't many things I want to see the series take back from Shadow Dragon/New Mystery, but one of those would be having some classes have base WExp: Arms Master should be one such, if it comes back. As is it just isn't practical to make use of the full triangle when your base ranks are so bad.

Dear mother of god I want promoted wexp back

Edit: Does lunge count as a class? Cause I want that shit to stay forever,

Edited by joshcja

The appropriateness of each class (maids for example) will depend on the setting and map, so it's really up to them to make it work. I don't think we're going to have a western/eastern split again soon but there might be a smaller eastern faction in a mostly European setting.

I'm not going to factor skills into this because they can be reassigned at will, so I'll just consider aesthetics and weapon skills.

What I want to come back

Outlaws and Adventurers: Good alternate bow user to Archers. Staves and Shining Bow give nice utility.

Revenant Knights: Awesome design and concept. Magic fliers are always welcome.

Maid/Butler: Considering we often play as noblemen, servants and bodyguards feel appropriate. They are great support units.

Master of Arms: I like the design and I could see it as a joint promotion for Myrmidons and Mercenaries.

Spearmaster: Love the look, but I'd be just as happy to have Halberdiers back.

Great Master and War Maiden: I like the gender split and I could see them coming back with War Monk replacing Great Master.

Shapeshifters: Some of my favorites in the series but they aren't likely to return as they are.

What I want to come back with a new look
Apothecary and Merchants: If we have a Lance/Bow infantry unit, I'd prefer it be a alternate promotion to the Soldier class.

Golden Kite Warrior: Actually pretty cool but I could see the flying bow user being given to a Griffon rider.

Ninja and Jounin: Change to Thieves and Assassins, easy-peasy.
Mechanist: I'd rather see this weapon combo on an Assassin.

Mixed/Meh

Shura and Blacksmith: Cool look and skills but I don't know where they'd fit on a new class tree.

Basara: Nice skills, but the outfit isn't my thing.

Fates classes are pretty neat. There is very few classes I don't like in some capacity.

as much as I want Maid/Butler and Ninjas in Future Fire Emblem games, I still can't get over with the ridiculousness Infinite Staff skill on enemy Maid and the full HP debuffer enemy Ninja in Conquest xD

The problem with maids and butlers is that they, more likely than not, have to be tied to another character in order to justify their class. I certainly like them from a gameplay perspective, but given a lot of Felicia's characterization, not to mention the costume plays on a popular fetish, I'm unsure as to whether or not I want it back in the next game.

Also, I'd like to see the Hidden Weapons nerfed a little. I feel like Ninja and Dread Fighters are a little too good at the moment, especially if Corrin decides to become one.

Also, I'd like to see the Hidden Weapons nerfed a little. I feel like Ninja and Dread Fighters are a little too good at the moment, especially if Corrin decides to become one.

Maybe, but I think that's more of a problem with the classes themselves rather than the weapons. Master Ninjas are particularly ridiculous in my opinion.

Not exactly a new class, but something that i would like to see in future games is a promotable villager class. I hated the fact that Donnel in Awakening didn't have one. When I looked at his portrait where he wielded a lance, it felt weird because no promoted class which Donnel could be in wielded lances.

Hidden weapons definitely have a bit a leg-up on other weapon types. They're usually weak enough that you won't one-round with them often, though, so that's Working As intended given that IntSys tried to make it hard to one-round at 1-2 range on the enemy phase in this game. I think a slight nerfing may be in order (certainly they shouldn't keep the +2 speed they have as shuriken) but it's not really that big a deal. I certainly didn't think there was anything as egregious in this game as, say, how bad swords were in Path of Radiance.

Didn't Sacred Stones have base weapon ranks for advanced classes too? Sacred Stones also had a thing where all weapon ranks could reach A, but you could only S rank one weapon type. Of course, in Sacred Stones being stuck with iron weapons was a lot less of a bother since that's all you'd use for most of the game anyway due to weapon weight being a thing. (Unless you're a Pegasus Knight, in which case you can't viably use anything other than a Slim Lance. Poor Pegasus Knights.)

Sacred Stones did, and even Blazing Sword did it in a few rare cases (such as Lucius's promoted staff rank).

Hey, pegasus knights in SS could promote to wyvern knight and suddenly not be weighed down by iron/killer and take only small penalties from anything else... which given their high speed was pretty OP.

Hidden weapons definitely have a bit a leg-up on other weapon types. They're usually weak enough that you won't one-round with them often, though, so that's Working As intended given that IntSys tried to make it hard to one-round at 1-2 range on the enemy phase in this game. I think a slight nerfing may be in order (certainly they shouldn't keep the +2 speed they have as shuriken) but it's not really that big a deal. I certainly didn't think there was anything as egregious in this game as, say, how bad swords were in Path of Radiance.

I'unno, they're 1-2 weapons that can both double and crit and have even more varities and niches that can be filled than Tomes, such as Beastslayer and Armorslayer Shuriken, not to mention the debuffs. I had bloody Suzukaze running around on Hinoka's map in Conquest one-shotting Pegasi with that Beastslayer Shuriken, and his strength is pretty bad.

I really think they need something to hamper them - maybe they should focus on reducing the damage and really emphazise the debuffs.

Edited by Thane

I want assassins and the valkyrie name back

also necromancer pls

as far as staying, I wouldn't mind basara and great master staying. Also spearmaster because we need a solo spear class that isn't mounted

Most certainly I want Priestests and Shrine Maidens as well as Maids and Butlers back. I love these classes! >W<

Besides that, the Oni Savage line is pretty cool although I find the Oni Chiefian to be a bit much (design wise). Blacksmith is cool. I like the Malig Knight idea but I wish there was a better backstory for it. I don't really like the idea that it's a zombie dragon.

classes i like to continue to see coming back

priestess / mountain priest

Adventurer

Master of Arms

Maid / Butler (or a bidyguard type class)

Malig knight

ninja/ master

oni chieftain/ blacksmith

Edited by pinguyFrank

The best new class is General.

Oh, what's that? General isn't a new class?

Well the best new skill is Wary Fighter, because it's more or less the best way to make a low speed unit viable, and every unit being able to double is really boring.

If only Effie had a better class set

I'unno, they're 1-2 weapons that can both double and crit and have even more varities and niches that can be filled than Tomes, such as Beastslayer and Armorslayer Shuriken, not to mention the debuffs. I had bloody Suzukaze running around on Hinoka's map in Conquest one-shotting Pegasi with that Beastslayer Shuriken, and his strength is pretty bad.

I really think they need something to hamper them - maybe they should focus on reducing the damage and really emphazise the debuffs.

It's true that the Hunting Knife is pretty great, but weakness-hitting weapons are strong in general in this game. (too strong? dunno) And Kaze is perfectly suited to take advantage of it against pegasus knights, who have iffy durability but are hard to double (and he doubles them!). But on the other hand, the Sting Shuriken, while great, still doesn't typically allow ninjas to one-round generals (whereas a Hammer does unless they have Wary Fighter), and Kaze's offence against anything he doesn't hit weakness on is quite bad partly because knives have low attack (at least until he gets Shurikenfaire or something similar).

Tomes hit res so they have a pretty strong niche as it is, and they have a lot of cool effects of their own (horse spirit is freaking great, Lightning is one of the most accessable brave weapons, Nosferatu is completely unique), though admittedly little ability to hit weakness. I'm pretty open to the argument that knives are better than tomes but I don't think it's any sort of slam-dunk.

It's true that the Hunting Knife is pretty great, but weakness-hitting weapons are strong in general in this game. (too strong? dunno) And Kaze is perfectly suited to take advantage of it against pegasus knights, who have iffy durability but are hard to double (and he doubles them!). But on the other hand, the Sting Shuriken, while great, still doesn't typically allow ninjas to one-round generals (whereas a Hammer does unless they have Wary Fighter), and Kaze's offence against anything he doesn't hit weakness on is quite bad partly because knives have low attack (at least until he gets Shurikenfaire or something similar).

Tomes hit res so they have a pretty strong niche as it is, and they have a lot of cool effects of their own (horse spirit is freaking great, Lightning is one of the most accessable brave weapons, Nosferatu is completely unique), though admittedly little ability to hit weakness. I'm pretty open to the argument that knives are better than tomes but I don't think it's any sort of slam-dunk.

Oh I didn't mean to imply that it was, simply that I wish that the Hidden Weapons had a bit more of a drawback. Like I said, I'd enjoy them a bit more if it was primarily for the debuffs rather than the damage; right now you get everything in one with none of the drawbacks.

Here is some stats to compare for a Silver Sword and Silver Shuriken. The Shuriken has 2 less might, and 5 less hit rate but gives +2 speed, can attack at 1-2 range with no penalties and drops the enemy's speed/defense/resistance by 4. Hidden weapons are not that weak and their benefits are crazy. Not to mention Master Ninja having high speed and avoid, and possibly having Poison Strike, Lunge or Inevitable End(the horror).

Here is some stats to compare for a Silver Sword and Silver Shuriken. The Shuriken has 2 less might, and 5 less hit rate but gives +2 speed, can attack at 1-2 range with no penalties and drops the enemy's speed/defense/resistance by 4. Hidden weapons are not that weak and their benefits are crazy. Not to mention Master Ninja having high speed and avoid, and possibly having Poison Strike, Lunge or Inevitable End(the horror).

Heh, guess this goes to show I was right to be confused on Master Ninjas having swords. Honestly, it looks like it'd be fine if you just added a Str. debuff. Perhaps getting more severe the better the Shuriken is? Starts at -2 Str. for Brass Shuriken, and ends up at -8 Str. with Silver Shuriken.

I don't want to see maids/butlers again either, but for different reasons. They seem really Fates-specific, ya know? Like, its Fates' THING. If they were in FE15 I'd just roll my eyes. It'd feel like they'd be trying to capitalize on Fates' popularity by copying things from it and hoping it works. I dunno. Its just kind of a unique class.

It's ok, they capitalized on Awakening's popularity and it's selling.

Ninja and Spear Fighter.

Solider line + Basara sounds good.

On-topic: Arms Master, Adventurer, Malig Knight and specially Kinshi Knight as it adds some unique value to the Archer line which is normally a terrible base class with a decent promotion that shared a class with Mercenary line in the past.

Honestly I've found all the casters in Birthright to be terrible. Every first-gen character who starts with a mage class has terribly low Defence and Speed both. As for Felicia, she's just bad early on (if you play a male Corrin so you actually have her early on) and by the time you get Flame Shuriken so she can actually fight, she's horribly outclassed with her being a promoted unit with unpromoted stats and not enough levels available to her for her to catch up. And then you get to the kinds of enemies you tend to face: Swordmasters have higher Res than Def. Paladins have higher Res than Def. Kinshi Knights and Falcon Knights have higher Res than Def. Ninjas have higher Res than Def. Great Masters have higher Res than Def. Sevenfold Sanctuary makes no sense in general and a whole bunch of the enemies there have arbitrarily massive Res with literally 0 Def. Stoneborn have lower Res, but it doesn't matter because they'll crush your puny mages in one hit regardless for even daring to approach them, you lowborn scrub. Berserkers have neither Def nor Res, so there's no real difference there. And any time I consider using a caster for something, I'm reminded why I never bother with that when I see their 75% hit rate versus whatever enemy I'm about to attack.

Horse Spirit is ridiculously broken but at the same time it's the only thing making any of the casters even remotely viable with how garbage their natural stats are. Its brokenness (and the fact that casters are garbage without it) also ruins the fun by making other same- and higher-level scrolls non-viable, so I can't use a variety of spells just for the sake of using a variety of spells.

I'd like to see Snipers get the bonus that Marksmen got in Radiant Dawn. Let them have 2-3 range, that's the best way to buff bows without nerfing the heck out of 1-2 range weapons.

I liked most of the classes in Fire Emblem Fates, and would personally like to see many of them returning, but the one i'd love to see in another game the most, which i'm very sure that it's not happening, is Nine-Tails.

There are also other classes that i'd like to see returning, to give a few examples i'll say the Ninja and Oni - related ones, also Kinshi Knight, Spear Master, Basara and Adventurer.