What Video Editing Software do you use?

Sentacotus

I'm stuck with the default "Windows Live Movie Maker" for video editing, so I don't know how good are the others.

For recording videos, I previously used the paid version of Fraps, but recently tried OBS. OBS may work well, but it seems for best results it should be used with multiple monitors as I have no idea when I am recording with OBS, unlike Fraps.

For commentary, I use a regular headset and use Audacity to record and refine my voice and audio quality.

I used Lightworks for a while before it started crashing on me. I'm currently looking for a new one myself...

Camtasia is my favorite one I've used so far, it's easy and has a large number of options. But it costs a LOT.

Adobe Premiere is a fan favorite as well, used by many YouTubers.

I used Lightworks for a while before it started crashing on me. I'm currently looking for a new one myself...

Camtasia is my favorite one I've used so far, it's easy and has a large number of options. But it costs a LOT.

Adobe Premiere is a fan favorite as well, used by many YouTubers.

Premiere does seem really good its just a shame that Adobe moved to a $50/month subscription based model for their "creative cloud". Unless you get Premiere Elements 14.

Edited by LordTaco42

Depends very much on what type of stuff I want to do. If you let me know what you're looking to do, I can perhaps provide more detail.

If I do get into it I plan on getting a capture card for my Wii U and possibly using shadowplay (for my PC) to record raw footage and just edit thumbnails,do reviews, minor transitions nothing too serious maybe throw memes or jokes over the top of the footage. I would only do it for fun or in my spare time though so something with a buy once license or open source software would be best. Nothing subscription based.

Standard stuff nothing too crazy or over the top lol.

Edited by LordTaco42