Hackers strike again!! (FE Fates/If) Online Battles

Ichinomiya

normally you can only have 1 Battle and Visitation Seal.. and I don't think the effect from 2 or more Battle seal will stack?

That bitch must have thought they /could/ have. It's funny.

I don't get why people love ruining others' experiences. I also fail to see how one can derive fun out of abusing such garbage that virtually always guarantees your victories. Smh.

omg lol that's crazy o_o ... better just blacklisted them forever

He had 5 Omega Yatos (+7, meaning like 28 attack power 30 crit).

He also had Dragonskin, Aether, Astra, Hoshidan Unity, Rend Heaven....

I still beat him. Because I have a Swordcatcher +5 xD and I triggered Astra on Ryouma

The online PVP in this franchise has never once been balanced.

You see a travesty. I see Tuesday.

The same could be said for pretty much any game with online PVP though. Speaking of which, how good is Fates' anti-cheat software?

I have yet to actually play online with anyone, but I have done a ton of My Castle battles. Out of the 100 or more battles I have done, I encountered hackers maybe twice. Once was with the MU being a Vanguard, and the other was one with all skills being at the max, which could of been someone just grinding a shit-ton, but I doubt it with all of his characters having max stats, and it being about a week after release. Not saying they don't exist, just saying that I have been lucky enough to not encounter them.

He had 5 Omega Yatos (+7, meaning like 28 attack power 30 crit).

He also had Dragonskin, Aether, Astra, Hoshidan Unity, Rend Heaven....

I still beat him. Because I have a Swordcatcher +5 xD and I triggered Astra on Ryouma

How could you have +5 Swordcatcher lol :'v

I've heard of shadowbanning... but as Gabe Newell would put it:

"...This isn't working."

Or does shadowbanning only apply to receiving visitors and doesn't apply to online battling?

I have yet to actually play online with anyone, but I have done a ton of My Castle battles. Out of the 100 or more battles I have done, I encountered hackers maybe twice. Once was with the MU being a Vanguard, and the other was one with all skills being at the max, which could of been someone just grinding a shit-ton, but I doubt it with all of his characters having max stats, and it being about a week after release. Not saying they don't exist, just saying that I have been lucky enough to not encounter them.

Save conversion from JP to NA exists, you know~

That would only make them filthy pirates °ç°

I met a shitton of people with aptitude on 1st gen units, so I guess they either bought it from hackers or hacked it themselves.

The same could be said for pretty much any game with online PVP though. Speaking of which, how good is Fates' anti-cheat software?

Fates' 'anti-cheat' software at this point has failed if players can use any sort of cheating devices to hack into the game to get what they wait. Cheating to win = no fun online for competitions.

I've heard of shadowbanning... but as Gabe Newell would put it:

"...This isn't working."

Or does shadowbanning only apply to receiving visitors and doesn't apply to online battling?

Not sure if it is exactly the cause of shadowbanning, but you can get kicked out of online battles.

For example: as soon as you find an opponent online and are on the set rules options, then you receive an error which prevents you from battling.

^^That would be a result of the game trying to stop some hacks/what have you (like enemy weapons/skills or dragon/beastone+7)

As long as you remove whatever causes the error, it should be undone for minor stuff like that.

It's possible to go beyond +4 forging when the smithy is fully upgraded.

He means it's not possible as there aren't many obtainable Swordcatchers in the game IIRC.

Edit: Of course if you've been hella lucky at the lottery, then that's a different story.

Edited by AddictPunk

It's possible to go beyond +4 forging when the smithy is fully upgraded.

He means it's not possible as there aren't many obtainable Swordcatchers in the game IIRC.

Edit: Of course if you've been hella lucky at the lottery, then that's a different story.

yeah my point is it's a limited weapon and a bit rare to find, and +5 Swordcatcher means he must have 32 Swordcatchers lol

yeah my point is it's a limited weapon and a bit rare to find, and +5 Swordcatcher means he must have 32 Swordcatchers lol

It's still possible though with the Weapon DLC map. Takes a long time, but it's very possible to get even +7 of things like Brave weapons.

Eh, not that surprising., still waiting for the mindblowing stuff. Like, an army of Familiar or Nohr King. :p

But still, WTF the multi-Yatogami.