Is Gunter meant to be this bad?

デッド

I been leveling up Gunter in Revelations by visiting other people's castles.

But, is his growths meant to be horrible? He barely get good growths when leveling up. He usually 1 growth to luck or HP. He's at level 10 right now. Does this eventually change in later levels? Or when he turns into a different class?

He is a true Jagen archetype, meaning he begins the game as an early crutch for players to use sparingly but ceases to be useful once the player becomes accustomed to the game and other characters become a little more reliable. In other words, his growths suck. Don't bother.

I'd say Gunter is worthwhile at least in Conquest, where he gets a massive stat boost, but otherwise, he's a Jagen in any other route. I feel like he actually fails as a Jagen too, considering he's not neccesarily early-game either, which is why I feel like his growths should've been higher.

I feel like that character is completely useless I dunno lol. I even found use for Jeigen in FE11 Hard 5.

But in Conquest and Revelations Lunatic I didn't really use him at all. Actually I think I used him for ONE Chapter in Revelations and Corrin was really the MVP there.

The point of a Jeigan isn't to have high growths; if they had them there would be no reason to use any other character. They're training wheels and exist to guide you through the first chapters when the rest of your units are low-level scrubs.

And I don't think he's ever really terrible for the reasons Espinosa listed; I still tack him on if I want another mounted unit.

Edited by Crysta

The point of a Jeigan isn't to have high growths; if they had them there would be no reason to use any other character. They're training wheels and exist to guide you through the first chapters when the rest of your units are low-level scrubs.

And I don't think he's ever really terrible for the reasons Espinosa listed; I still tack him on if I want another mounted unit.

>_>plz thats not good enough to justify for lunatic runs even if you do well for chapter 1-10, mid-late game chapters hes just there to be there really, because Other characters can do similar things and have much more to bring, jakob passive is like +15 avoid -3 dmg taken, Camilla passive is like +3 dmg dealt and -1 dmg taken, silas and peri can shelter, camilla and elise can get rally defense, anyone who's mounted can give +1 to move as well as outlaws/adventurers. But lets say he does have good rolls for stats somehow, god forbids, he lacks support.

Edited by CometChaserPleinair

He's a great Pair Up unit for Corrin, giving essentially 5 Str, 4 Def, 1 Mov, and 15 Hit at base and 7 Strength, 6 Def, 1 Move, and 16 Hit at A with 0 resources used.

He has Shelter and he can survive one of the Chapter 25 Ninjas, which means he's useful in that Chapter even on Lunatic.

Gunter has a lot going for him in Conquest.

I just completed Chapter 15 of Conquest, and I think he's bad. He ℅,Es in as a Lv 10 Great Knight, but can't take a hit. I ended up pairing him with MU on the top half and Azura on the bottom.

I get that vibe that he is that classic promoted character you get early on, like Seth from Sacred Stones or Marcus from Fire Emblem.

I don't think the bonuses he gives to MU justify a roster slot. That's too gimmicky for me.

I don't think the bonuses he gives to MU justify a roster slot. That's too gimmicky for me.

Pair up is really strong in this game and it isn't tied the the pair up unit's stats anymore...

I can't see how Gunter is too gimmicky honestly. You get free C from killing everything in 15.

10/1 Charlotte is great as a pair up unit, Gunter is great as well.

He's moderately useful in Conquest, but in Revelations he's basically dead weight. He joins with such atrociously low stats that Corrin and their servant will likely surpass him one or two chapters after he joins, he can't support with anyone, and Fates' experience gain system means even if you had infinite Eternal Seals it will take forever to make him useful because he'll still be gaining only 1 exp from enemies he can only barely beat.

His caps are fine if you somehow reach them, but otherwise he's not good for much of anything except being a backpack for Corrin.

As a Great Knight in Revelations it would take Gunter:

Approx. 118 levels to cap his HP

Approx. 108 levels to cap his Strength

Approx. 100 levels to cap his Skill

Approx. 340 levels to cap his Speed

Approx. 116 levels to cap his Defense

Approx. 440 levels to cap his Resistance

To put this into perspective, it takes 18 Eternal Seals (216000G) to cap his highest stat and 86 (1032000G) to cap them all

Of course you could reclass him to a class with a higher growth bonus, but the highest growth he can possibly have in any stat is 45% HP growth as a Berserker which would still take 92 levels to cap.

He doesn't even get that class unless you marry him, and why would you do that to yourself?

Edited by gayserbeam

I've noticed that his "internal" level seems to be lower than other promoted units, meaning that he levels up faster than you'd expect. Not that it helps him much with his horrible growths, but interesting nonetheless.