Having trouble making a MU army!

So I'm trying to make a street pass team made up of custom avatars in fates. Since fates has 9 save files thanks to the extra data, I decided to use them to make my different save files for all of my different MUs. I made 3 different save files in the extra data, one being the actual account I'll be sending out, and the other two I registered into the unit log book. Now this is where the problem comes in. I made the fourth one and bought and einherjar of the fourth MU to register it in my Logbook. When I went to the "main" save file to buy the fourth MU, it said that I already recruited it despite only having the 2 previous Einherjar in the file! Not only that, the second MU that I made and registered was nowhere in sight in the log book! After some experimenting, I found out that save files that are in the same row are assigned the same log book spots. Also, I tried saving the save file to a different row, deleting the unit from the logbook, and then buying it again, but the MU is still in the same position in the log book. Do you have any alternative ideas/ways to make a MU army cause the logbook doesnt work any more.

You could recruit your favorite Serenes Forest members' Avatars for use in the ultimate MU army! People can set up their skills according to what you like or what they like if that's what you want to do. Just a passing thought as I get my morning castle visits in...

You pretty much can only get an MU army by visiting other castles, defeating their teams, and recruiting their MUs since you can only save up to like 1 or 2 (not sure if you can only save 1 single MU or you can save 1 MU of each gender) of your own into your Unit Logbook.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I covered this in "I just want to know one thing" topic, but it is buried in the flood of posts there.

Here are those posts in question. It also covers the other Avatar log units.

[spoiler=Experimenting]Just an update on my question regarding the Avatar Log and making an "Avatar Army" in the hopes someone will find this useful.

When registering your Avatar, your amount is limited. I believe it is separated by gender, so if you have one already, you will overwrite your previous Avatar!

I found this out the hard way by...

1: Rushing Female Avatar 1 on Normal Phoenix Mode (Branch of Fate -> Chapter 12 Nohr)

2: Go to Einherjar Shop, Buy Avatar Card.

3: Go to main file to check if the avatar has been registered.

4: Delete rushed file, make new file, rush Female Avatar 2 on Normal Phoenix Mode.

5: Go to Einherjar Shop, Buy Avatar Card.

6: Go to main file to check if both of my avatars have been registered.

7: Cry because my first female avatar has been wiped.

8: Go to Einherjar Shop in main file, buy Avatar Card.

9: My Male Avatar is separate from my Female Avatar. I think they are seperated by gender.

This is a shame, I hoped to have fielded at least six custom Avatar units (F!Spear Master, F!Dark Falcon, F!Sniper, M!Paladin, F!Bow Knight, F!Berserker), not counting my avatars from previous runs. At the very least, I wanted my Spear Master and Dark Falcon avatars...

All I can think of now is possibly brute forcing this method as they will all end up on one file. So, rush the unit, register into the log, recruit the unit on the save file, and repeat. Hopefully this creates a "usable clone" in the save file that I can use at the cost of not being able to use it in other saves. This will take a lot longer than I have originally anticipated...

Anyways, just posting this here in case anyone else wanted to make an Avatar Army. I hope it proves to be accurate and useful.

[spoiler=Avatar Army Notes]1: Battle Dialogue

- Bosses have some grunt sounds when attacking, but are otherwise mostly silent.

- Einherjar and Generics (Prisoners) are completely silent. This includes Avatar Einherjar.

- Amiibo and Bond units are voiced.

2: Maximum Amount

- You can hold up to 99 units in the Avatar Log.

- You can field up to 20 units in one save file.

- When registering your own avatar, you will overwrite your previous registration of that gender. This means you can have a max of two avatars, one of each gender.

- It seems like you can register other user's Avatars without restriction.

[spoiler=Conclusion]Another update on my Avatar Log question, specifically about creating an "Avatar Army" in FE: Fates.

I can safely say that it is impossible to create a personalized Avatar Army using only one system.

I spedrun through the game again on a different difficulty, as per Frozenkappa's suggestion, to see if that will make any difference, but upon registration, it will still overwrite your previous Avatar character of that gender. Brute forcing the system is not possible as I recruited my previous character and attempted to register the new one in the shop, but the option was greyed out. In addition, as completing the game seemingly just gives you "5 Free Einherjar", I doubt the functionality would be different from purchasing it from the Einherjar Shop.

So, if you really want to make an personal Avatar Army, you will need a friend or an spare 3DS, but I have a feeling that you will only be able to register one avatar per "Unique Game ID". Otherwise, you will only be able to have a max of "Three Personal Avatars" (One male, one female, and your current active file), not counting Avatars obtained from Street Pass or the My Castle functionality. If you wanted an army of random Avatars gathered from Street Pass and My Castle, this should still be possible, its just that the player won't be able to make a customized army of his/her own.

Well, this revelation sucked out some of the fun for me as I had some builds planned out for my personalized characters. Guess I'll have to find another way to get them implemented..

I covered this in "I just want to know one thing" topic, but it is buried in the flood of posts there.

Here are those posts in question. It also covers the other Avatar log units.

[spoiler=Experimenting]Just an update on my question regarding the Avatar Log and making an "Avatar Army" in the hopes someone will find this useful.

When registering your Avatar, your amount is limited. I believe it is separated by gender, so if you have one already, you will overwrite your previous Avatar!

I found this out the hard way by...

1: Rushing Female Avatar 1 on Normal Phoenix Mode (Branch of Fate -> Chapter 12 Nohr)

2: Go to Einherjar Shop, Buy Avatar Card.

3: Go to main file to check if the avatar has been registered.

4: Delete rushed file, make new file, rush Female Avatar 2 on Normal Phoenix Mode.

5: Go to Einherjar Shop, Buy Avatar Card.

6: Go to main file to check if both of my avatars have been registered.

7: Cry because my first female avatar has been wiped.

8: Go to Einherjar Shop in main file, buy Avatar Card.

9: My Male Avatar is separate from my Female Avatar. I think they are seperated by gender.

This is a shame, I hoped to have fielded at least six custom Avatar units (F!Spear Master, F!Dark Falcon, F!Sniper, M!Paladin, F!Bow Knight, F!Berserker), not counting my avatars from previous runs. At the very least, I wanted my Spear Master and Dark Falcon avatars...

All I can think of now is possibly brute forcing this method as they will all end up on one file. So, rush the unit, register into the log, recruit the unit on the save file, and repeat. Hopefully this creates a "usable clone" in the save file that I can use at the cost of not being able to use it in other saves. This will take a lot longer than I have originally anticipated...

Anyways, just posting this here in case anyone else wanted to make an Avatar Army. I hope it proves to be accurate and useful.

[spoiler=Avatar Army Notes]1: Battle Dialogue

- Bosses have some grunt sounds when attacking, but are otherwise mostly silent.

- Einherjar and Generics (Prisoners) are completely silent. This includes Avatar Einherjar.

- Amiibo and Bond units are voiced.

2: Maximum Amount

- You can hold up to 99 units in the Avatar Log.

- You can field up to 20 units in one save file.

- When registering your own avatar, you will overwrite your previous registration of that gender. This means you can have a max of two avatars, one of each gender.

- It seems like you can register other user's Avatars without restriction.

[spoiler=Conclusion]Another update on my Avatar Log question, specifically about creating an "Avatar Army" in FE: Fates.

I can safely say that it is impossible to create a personalized Avatar Army using only one system.

I spedrun through the game again on a different difficulty, as per Frozenkappa's suggestion, to see if that will make any difference, but upon registration, it will still overwrite your previous Avatar character of that gender. Brute forcing the system is not possible as I recruited my previous character and attempted to register the new one in the shop, but the option was greyed out. In addition, as completing the game seemingly just gives you "5 Free Einherjar", I doubt the functionality would be different from purchasing it from the Einherjar Shop.

So, if you really want to make an personal Avatar Army, you will need a friend or an spare 3DS, but I have a feeling that you will only be able to register one avatar per "Unique Game ID". Otherwise, you will only be able to have a max of "Three Personal Avatars" (One male, one female, and your current active file), not counting Avatars obtained from Street Pass or the My Castle functionality. If you wanted an army of random Avatars gathered from Street Pass and My Castle, this should still be possible, its just that the player won't be able to make a customized army of his/her own.

Well, this revelation sucked out some of the fun for me as I had some builds planned out for my personalized characters. Guess I'll have to find another way to get them implemented..

I actually have my second F!Corrin in my logbook but I'm not sure which variable kept it separate from my first one. Both are recorded from beating the game and I only have the second one because I was seeing how mindless is Birthright hard with bonuses from my other files. It was 2 hours of Corrin with Jakob steamrolling with the Levin Sword and skills from the logbook.

Female Corrin - named Corrin - Birthright Normal Casual

Female Corrin - named Kamui - Birthright Hard Casual

Appearance wise my second F!Corrin is basically the same as my first but with the default hair color instead of dark blue

Male Corrin - named Corrin - Revelation Normal Casual

I don't think it's tied to gender, right now I have three of my female Kamuis in my logbook.

Hmm... did you start from the Prologue for each Kamui rather than start from Branching Point?

So apparently there is more research that needs to be done...

The one variable I did not thoroughly test is beating the game and registering them then instead of the Einherjar shop. They both function as Einherjar cards, but maybe the information is stored differently.

There is also the variable of starting from the Prologue instead of the Branch of Fate point.

If this is the case, it does open up the possibility of having an Avatar Army, but the work required to actually register them requires speedrunning through the entire game... (Alternatively, do a bunch of Avatar Log unit runs as they carry over, so your previous units get stronger as you register new recruits by beating the game or something)

• 2 months later...

Well I've managed to record 5 of my avatars. Just tried for my 6th but it wrote over my 5th one. Currently I have 3 male avatars and 2 female avatars. Can't find it anywhere as to why it overwrote my 5th avatar. Recording a friend's avatar doesn't seem to be the cause either...both avatars are in different save rows as well as being different routes. one is for Hoshido and the other is for Revelation. Wonder if its related to the bane/boon? Cause they both have the same boon but different banes..

Edited by Hothead9323

• 3 weeks later...

I think some of y'all have already figured this out, but this is some of the overall info involved.

You CAN make an MU army as big as you want with all-custom characters.

All you have to do is:

1. Start a new game (this is important because starting from where fate branches overwrites whatever character last got to chapter 6 in your game).

2. Make your character however you like them (I like to give them a birthday of the day I'm playing for the instant boost in weapon proficiency).

3. Progress to Chapter 12 (As in the point where you may begin chapter 12 - after completing 11) and buy the einherjar shop.

4. Buy your character and save - they should now be in your log book. I have done this with over 15 characters all with revelation on hard/casual.

Tips:

I will usually switch from hard/casual to easy/Phoenix at chapter 7 to breeze through the chapters with auto-blitz.

DO NOT use boots unless you have to! Through some testing I realized that the cost of einherjar in the log book (which is, of course, important when you finally bring them all together) rises with the characters' stats, specifically the cost rises by 10,000 g when you use a boots (or the movement +1 ability, oddly enough).

I also like to S-rank them with someone, because when you buy their einherjar through the book, they can keep the ability to use that partner seal! I don't know if this works with the friendship seal though...

Overall, I've found you can do this while watching tv or whatever and make one full character in... Maybe 2 hours while skipping all the dialogue. Keep in mind I don't have birthright, so it might be faster with that story - idk.

Hope I was able to help - I know this bugged me for the longest time.

I also like to S-rank them with someone, because when you buy their einherjar through the book, they can keep the ability to use that partner seal! I don't know if this works with the friendship seal though...

Friendship Seal options don't carry over at all unless the character is in that Friendship seal'd class (and it only remembers that class's class line, so if you're a Friendship Seal'd Swordmaster when the Einherjar was made, the Einherjar can only reclass to Swordmaster and Master of Arms via Friendship Seal). The Friendship Seal'd option can also be forgotten in the Logbook entry if you updated the Einherjar's entry without the Einherjar being in the Friendship Seal'd class. This applies to both buying the Einherjar from the shop and from putting the Einherjar into the Logbook upon clearing Endgame.

DLC classes will not be remembered at all if the Einherjar is bought from the Einherjar shop unless it's already in a DLC class. All DLC classes that the Einherjar previously accessed will be remembered if the Einherjar is saved into the Logbook during an Endgame clear.