Chapter 14 help?

Michelaar

Honestly, Chapter 14 is the toughest chapter so far in my opinion. I don't want to lose anyone. I want to try to recruit both Erk and Priscilla. If I don't get to Erk quickly, he gets taken out by all the cavaliers. Say, does priscilla's village get destroyed when you let her be? Then maybe I can help Erk out first, and then go to Priscilla's village. I had to restart this chapter an awful amount of time.

What I would do is just rush Priscilla's village with Marcus and rescue her back to the group. Marcus might have to deal with Erik, I forget the specific setup of the map.

At that point, just have another small force split push up to the village near Erk and help him dispatch the units there and recruit him.

How are you currently playing the map? Turtling in the starting area?

Try rescuing Erk with Marcus or Lowen or something, then have Marcus bee line for the village if you're really having trouble. That village does get destroyed eventually.

As long as you recruit Erk, you don't actually have to visit Priscilla's village, as long as you don't let a brigand/pirate destroy it, she'll join at the chapter's end (again if you recruited Erk)

What I would do is just rush Priscilla's village with Marcus and rescue her back to the group. Marcus might have to deal with Erik, I forget the specific setup of the map.

At that point, just have another small force split push up to the village near Erk and help him dispatch the units there and recruit him.

How are you currently playing the map? Turtling in the starting area?

I'm now dividing the group into 2. Each group has one of the cavaliers. But since the village will probably be taken out if I don't get to priscilla. I'll have Marcus go to her, and the rest of them can go to Erk.

As others have said, send Marcus to rescue Erk, then recruit him asap. Just deal with the main army with Hector/Marcus and your best units, leave Oswin and some other unit/s to protect Merlinus. Don't let Priscilla's village get pillaged/destroyed, she will join if you recruit Erk and the village is saved.

I have not recruited merlinus yet.

But how do I avoid getting priscilla's village destroyed when I don;t come to her?

Send your swordies to intercept the pirates that enter the game from the forts at the bottom of the map. Some Brigands might enter from the mountain peaks at the top, too, so watch it.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

If I don't get to Erk quickly, he gets taken out by all the cavaliers. Say, does priscilla's village get destroyed when you let her be? Then maybe I can help Erk out first, and then go to Priscilla's village. I had to restart this chapter an awful amount of time.

If you send a unit out west on the first turn (i.e. Marcus), the soldiers will move toward him, and Erk will spend his first turn (I'm assuming you played LM before this) killing one of the soldiers instead of rushing west to take out the knight and putting himself in the range of all of the cavs. Then it should be easy to have Serra recruit him; she can get to him in 2 turns from the NW starting position, and there are no enemies in the way except for a soldier who someone will kill on your first turn.

• 1 month later...

Turn 1:Rescue Erk with Marcus. Place Oswin on the little bridge closest to the ocean. Then have Hector and Guy take out the cavaliers in the back. Move the rest of your units carefully to avoid death.

Turn 2:Drop Erk near Serra. Have Serra talk to Erk. Now make sure to keep Erk safe. Start sending units down towards the area by the ocean where the pirates move to. These pirates will be going for the villages so you'll need to get some units down there to fight them which shouldn't be too hard. Leave some units up near the mountains by the Village to the North to take care of the bandits.

After this you should just be careful with your units and as for recruiting Priscilla keep units down near there and wait until you clear the pirates, bandits, and cavaliers and archers that charge at you before going to Priscilla's village. Once they are cleared go to Priscilla's village to recruit her. Then you just need to take care of Erik(the boss) and the cavaliers next to him and you'll be done with the map, just place Hector in Erik's range right at the end and keep your other units nearby to help take down Erik if Hector doesn't one round him and to help take out the other cavaliers. Make sure Hector has the Wolf Beil equipped.