What in Fire Emblem: Fates did you find the most unintentionally humorous(Spoilers)

Locke087

The Knights animation when they are healed is hilarious. Nothing better than seeing Benny dance around in a circle after being healed.

Anytime a character says "what is this?" or something along those lines and its a cabbage or another vegetable.

The Hero animation where they flip the sword around, and then do a full uppercut with it into the air. Its a really cool animation that I love seeing, but it makes me laugh because all I can think of is Ryu leaping into the air yelling "Shoryuken!"

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u wot m8

I never knew all lethality did was break ankles.

of course that's all it does! what, did you think lethality killed people or something? no! corn's army doesn't kill people!

that guy who kaze sliced through causing blood to fly out of his back? he's fine!

I guess that's another unintentionally funny thing

how brutally murdering people doesn't kill them

Edited by maybe

Whenever Niles finds an item and says another to add to his collection and he gets a hoe XD.

Either that or when he finds something like rice and says that line it kills me. The concept of Niles being the type of person he is, and collecting something lame like rice from around the world or something like that cracks me up more than anything.

Edited by Tolvir

of course that's all it does! what, did you think lethality killed people or something? no! corn's army doesn't kill people!

that guy who kaze sliced through causing blood to fly out of his back? he's fine!

I guess that's another unintentionally funny thing

how brutally murdering people doesn't kill them

Maybe its really Bane? XD

NOBODY can laugh or cry properly in this game. I have not heard one good laughing clip at all.

Azura's laughing is pretty bad in a hilarious way, which is a shame because I genuinely like every other aspect of her voice acting and I married her in Revelations, which means I get to hear that laugh every time I go into My Room.

I always crack up when my mounted units gallop in circles like five times before landing a killing blow. I don't know if it's supposed to do that but it does it pretty consistently and is ridiculous looking. Also, killing people with the Carp Streamer. It's just so non-lethal looking.

Siegbert's voice when activating a skill or a critical are so damn different than when he speaks in My Room. He sounds like a little kid in one and a mature, serious young man in the other.

Edited by Lanko

I would rather take death over ankle breaking. Anything to do with hurting areas of the feet is a no no.

Pardon my creepy lurking, but does this have to do with women's heels trauma? I hear that's a thing lol.

Back on topic: Garon's trollface is glorious. Also, I'm not one to complain about voice acting, but the first time I played Ch5 I missed the animated cutscene because Mikoto's last words were so horribly bad.

OHH!! I almost forgot this! Mounted units feel the need to be a certain distance away from their attack target. As a result (not that it isn't silly in the first place), mounted units will often get stuck backing up into the arena wall. Watching a horse do a spin jump backwards 5-6 times before having its nonsensical programming overwritten never ceases to amuse me.

IS animators really derped on the horses in general.

Conquest Chapter 14:

<SPOILER>

Kamui: Hey, who sang that cursed song to hurt my father who tried to kill me three times?

Azura: Oh hey Kamui, what's going on?

Kamui: Hey Azura, did you see a singer who sounds exactly like you that tried to hurt my murderous father?

Azura: No I haven't

Seriously, who wrote this????

</SPOILER>

Edited by MaysMrDolpin

Pardon my creepy lurking, but does this have to do with women's heels trauma? I hear that's a thing lol.

I don't know. I just hate anything to do with ankles or feet breaking or shattering.

Anyway Niles did his thing. Picked up a fish, did his collection line. Normal except... he's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. Therefore, I thought of this almost instantly:

tumblr_m134llvxsB1r6sgboo1_500.jpg

I don't know. I just hate anything to do with ankles or feet breaking or shattering.

Anyway Niles did his thing. Picked up a fish, did his collection line. Normal except... he's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. Therefore, I thought of this almost instantly:

tumblr_m134llvxsB1r6sgboo1_500.jpg

I know that feeling. Thinking about shoulder injuries always makes me cringe.

*Quietly disposes of list of foot fetish jokes*

The fact that you can't give female!Kana a towel, like at all. Not in the shop, not even when she asks for an accessory but yet, you can still give male!Kana a towel. Don't believe me? Here you go (http://imgur.com/a/vfjd3).

Female!Corrin's "crying" voice clip. Now I don't know if male!Corrin does this as well but whenever female!Corrin has to cry, it always sounds so fake. It ruins almost every scene she has to cry in since it just sounds like she trying to laugh and/or she is faking it.

Lilith's sacrifice on Conquest and Birthright. I wouldn't mention anything more on this since there are other posts in this thread that have mentioned it far better then I can.

The Babyrealms Deeprealms. Ditto.

The platonic S ranks. Something about them just feels off to me. Like the S rank theme is still there, the blushing is still there, and the hubba tester/sage match will still treat them as "husband" and "wife". It feels like the game knows that their lovers but the S rank themselves won't.

I'll leave a link on what my thoughts on this since I thought it was unintentionally inconsistent ridiculous funny (I mean this is a thread on what we thought was unintentionally ridiculous funny and all), well that and I don't want people to think I hate anything platonic.

Link : http://agoddamn.tumblr.com/post/141218006580/i-honestly-dont-know-how-to-take-these-platonic.

(I swear that this was be the last time I mention this).

Edited by December Knight

Finally found. . .something.

If you put Shura on a sparkly tile, he'll ask whether or not he can sell. . .well, whatever he picks up. Now imagine him musing about that, while picking up money. :P:

I find it hilarious that

[spoiler=Revelations spoilers (heavy)]

When you defeat Gunter, he actually gets healed by Sakura and Elise after having commited something like a Seppuku and being heavily wounded, and LIVE.

The heck?

Why couldn't this happen to Xander, Elise, or Takumi?

This just sounded like BS plot powers. And that was hilarious.