What in Fire Emblem: Fates did you find the most unintentionally humorous(Spoilers)

Locke087

Huh, it's done quickly... that's a good point.

Chakra can explain everything which I'm fine with actually, it's something that is established since the very begining of the manga.

Except when you can literally create eyes out of nothing, that... that was BS.

I was apoligizing for, like I said, for being a part of bringing the salt, anger out of people here unwilingly, I mean, this topic is all about fun, yeah ? So, I felt bad. And visibly, I'm not the only one.

Oh Speaking of animations, The generic Merchant animation is something to behold !

Nah, it's all good. I feel bad as well, talking about Naruto just brings out the worst in me because it's awfully written, inconsistent garbage with even less respect for it's themes then Fates.

Back on topic, I went ahead and looked at the Blacksmith and Merchant animations. I giggled a little.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found reclassing Camilla to be amusing. Switching from Revenant Knight to Sorcerer or Great Lord changes her from Madame Cowtits to Patty Pancake.

If all you're going to do is complain about Fates, may I suggest finding something more productive to do with your time? Preferably something that leaves you fulfilled, and makes the world a better place, like reading stuff that you think is good writing.

Focusing on nothing but the bad will mess with how you see things outside of SF, whether you consciously realize it or not. It's okay to be unhappy/disappointed about how Fates turned out, but don't wallow in it.

This is extremely condescending and uninformed of my posting history. I have in many threads talked about things I like about the game, including the characters, music, art style, gameplay and more. The only thing I hammer the game for is the writing and I try to keep it contained to relevant threads.

To add to the Fates and Naruto discussion,

at least

At least when Fates brought it's characters back to life, it was only once, they didn't keep coming back to life more than once like the Hokages. And it was only three characters, not an entire army.

This is extremely condescending and uninformed of my posting history. I have in many threads talked about things I like about the game, including the characters, music, art style, gameplay and more. The only thing I hammer the game for is the writing and I try to keep it contained to relevant threads.

That's how you come across, and complaining about the writing isn't going to make it better. So, if you want to complain, feel free to do so, but know that it affects how others view you.

As for me. . .as long as "corrupt" isn't in the list of adjectives that are used to describe me, I'm fine with it. So if you don't have a high opinion of me because I decided that enough salt is enough, go for it.

---

Can't say I find anything in Fates to be so bad that it's funny. But I rarely find such things anyway, because if I think something is bad, I avoid it.

That's how you come across, and complaining about the writing isn't going to make it better. So, if you want to complain, feel free to do so, but know that it affects how others view you.

As for me. . .as long as "corrupt" isn't in the list of adjectives that are used to describe me, I'm fine with it. So if you don't have a high opinion of me because I decided that enough salt is enough, go for it.

---

Can't say I find anything in Fates to be so bad that it's funny. But I rarely find such things anyway, because if I think something is bad, I avoid it.

The temptation to call you corrupt for funsies is so high right now.

So you don't believe in so bad it's good? Are you sure?

Not even Sharknado?

The temptation to call you corrupt for funsies is so high right now.

So you don't believe in so bad it's good? Are you sure?

Not even Sharknado?

BRB ban :P:

Yep. Like, it's just uncomfortable if it's really REALLY bad. I think it's because I question why I'd bother spending time on something if I don't like it, and can't find a way around it. For example, battles in Shadow Dragon take a while, if animations/everything else is on. But I can get around it by shutting off all animations and skipping enemy movement. The story in Revelations is not to my liking, but that can be easily skipped due to the mighty Start button. Windows ME can be solved via DBAN. And so on.

BRB ban :P:

Yep. Like, it's just uncomfortable if it's really REALLY bad. I think it's because I question why I'd bother spending time on something if I don't like it, and can't find a way around it. For example, battles in Shadow Dragon take a while, if animations/everything else is on. But I can get around it by shutting off all animations and skipping enemy movement. The story in Revelations is not to my liking, but that can be easily skipped due to the mighty Start button. Windows ME can be solved via DBAN. And so on.

But...but Sharknado! It's sharks and a tornado!

Seriously though, I don't like Fates story, but I think a lot of the hate it gets is very over-the-top, especially considering there's far worse stuff out there that makes Fates look downright Shakespearean by comparison.

Edited by Phillius

Seriously though, I don't like Fates story, but I think a lot of the hate it gets is very over-the-top, especially considering there's far worse stuff out there that makes Fates look downright Shakespearean by comparison.

Agreed here. I've seen worse.

DmC: Devil May Cry is my natural enemy as a hardcore DMC fangirl. Grr.

I think what makes it "bad" though is that it was hyped up (as games are) to be this awesome moral choice! A family you were raised with or your blood family!

And it was a let down.

I'll still play it to death though tbh.

I'm going to add to the above and mention the Horse animations in general for Paladin, especially the critical hit animations. I used to give Awakening crap for the same thing, but Fates' are absolutely ridiculous.

Don't be so surprised, we already knew Fire Emblem horses could fly:

To add to the thread

The way the game's programmed with random items, I've gotten stuff like:

Effie: who dropped this?

-got effie's lance-

It's pretty funny.

At least we have no Generals-activating-Luna bad animations in this game imo.

Agreed here. I've seen worse.

DmC: Devil May Cry is my natural enemy as a hardcore DMC fangirl. Grr.

I think what makes it "bad" though is that it was hyped up (as games are) to be this awesome moral choice! A family you were raised with or your blood family!

And it was a let down.

I'll still play it to death though tbh.

Exactly. I think if it weren't for all the hype, it'd be considered merely mediocre. But all the hype that went into it makes it much more of a disappointment.

To add to the thread

The way the game's programmed with random items, I've gotten stuff like:

Effie: who dropped this?

-got effie's lance-

It's pretty funny.

At least we have no Generals-activating-Luna bad animations in this game imo.

Are you insane?! I for one, believe that the sliding headbutt was the greatest animation this series has ever seen! I hope Kellam comes out of nowhere and breaks your ankle with his glorious skull of lethality-proccing!

Edited by Phillius

Unintentionally funny but still actually pretty cool: Hero's finisher animation with a sword.

Also funny: if you make any female unit other than Kagero a ninja it's really noticeable how the animations are tailored to accentuate Kagero's boob physics.

Edit: Also the character writing in general is really inconsistent, even in their battle quotes. It's like even the battle quotes for each character got spread across multiple writers, never mind just the supports. Takumi's "I hate to do this," crit quote is so at odds with all his other crit, support, dual strike, and win quotes.

Edited by FlameUser64

On the subject of animations, I find the Dread Fighter animations to be pretty goofy sometimes. Because it's reusing the ninja animations, the kunai and some of the smaller swords look alright, but the reverse grip on the bigger swords and clunky axes look silly. I'm sure Odin would appreciate the extra flair though. His axe hand hungers.

Lecturing others about maintaining a positive image while admitting you don't care about how others perceive you outside of being labeled "corrupt".

tumblr_o14s0jyN3w1v5w8sco1_500.png

breaks your ankle

lethality

u wot m8

I never knew all lethality did was break ankles.

On the subject of animations, I find the Dread Fighter animations to be pretty goofy sometimes. Because it's reusing the ninja animations, the kunai and some of the smaller swords look alright, but the reverse grip on the bigger swords and clunky axes look silly. I'm sure Odin would appreciate the extra flair though. His axe hand hungers.

Hey man, I adore everything about Dread Fighter no matter how goofy. Especially dat swaggy walk.

u wot m8

I never knew all lethality did was break ankles.

Well if I described lethality properly, I'd be sending a death threat over the internet. I don't have many standards, but that's one of them, even if I'm joking. I'm not the pathetic. Also, my Kellams always seem to proc lethality more than luna anyway, so...

Edited by Phillius

Well if I described lethality properly, I'd be sending a death threat over the internet. I don't have many standards, but that's one of them, even if I'm joking. I'm not the pathetic. Also, my Kellams always seem to proc lethality more than luna anyway, so...

I would rather take death over ankle breaking. Anything to do with hurting areas of the feet is a no no.

I like the new animations for Wyvern Riders because petting them is super cute, but is there a point to... petting a zombified wyvern? :T

Also female ninja does a "cute" head tilt right before vanishing during her victory pose and it looks hilariously out of place on literally everyone other than Kagero. Male ninja's technique is all precise and proper and then there's female ninja with that random head tilt.

Don't worry, you are not 'corrupt' in any way because you don't blindly follow the popular opinions of the masses. You are too kind and helpful for that. You are instead an 'heretic'. :p

Obvious joke is obvious. Obvious joke on the past actions of the church is obvious too.

Did you know ? Radish is awesome. Why ?

Because you have two of them, and you dual wield it.

I'm not sure which is funnier, the fact that... it's radish (radishes ?), the fact that I find the animation actually badass, or the fact that I actually used it my Lunatic Hoshido run because of the +10% avoid.

Hey, when the RNG is against you, you got to use everything.

Don't worry, you are not 'corrupt' in any way because you don't blindly follow the popular opinions of the masses. You are too kind and helpful for that. You are instead an 'heretic'. :p

Obvious joke is obvious. Obvious joke on the past actions of the church is obvious too.

Did you know ? Radish is awesome. Why ?

Because you have two of them, and you dual wield it.

I'm not sure which is funnier, the fact that... it's radish (radishes ?), the fact that I find the animation actually badass, or the fact that I actually used it my Lunatic Hoshido run because of the +10% avoid.

Hey, when the RNG is against you, you got to use everything.

Sunrise Katana is better than radishes (gives +20 avoid instead of +10 and has 2 more Weapon Might) and you dual-wield them too. Still, good to know that radishes are a dual wield weapon for Swordmasters. lolz. That's probably not unintentionally hilarious though. It's probably quite deliberate.

Speaking of ridiculous animations Corrin's Nohr Noble and Hoshido Noble animations are flat out silly. It feels like they tried too hard to make Corrin look cool when they made those animations.

Speaking of ridiculous animations Corrin's Nohr Noble and Hoshido Noble animations are flat out silly. It feels like they tried too hard to make Corrin look cool when they made those animations.

Eh...I dunno, spin-to-win has always been an aspect of critical animations for Fire Emblem, all that's happened here is that it happens in regular animations now. Sure, it looks silly, but for me it's mostly because it looks impractical for the sake of being flashy (but no more than other critical animations), rather than physically impossible in the case of horse animations.

Speaking of animations, look at Great Knight's (ie. Gunter's) animation if they get healed by a staff-user. One has to wonder how a horse, dressed in full armor and carrying an armored passenger on its back, can somehow manage a small and slow jumping twirl on its hind legs without falling over.

Speaking of animations, look at Great Knight's (ie. Gunter's) animation if they get healed by a staff-user. One has to wonder how a horse, dressed in full armor and carrying an armored passenger on its back, can somehow manage a small and slow jumping twirl on its hind legs without falling over.

Nohr must be raising some strong warhorses. That's the best explanation I can think of along with Fire Emblem Logic.

Edited by Frelia