Does anyone had luck in the lottery?

Nym

I've gotten gold a couple of times. Most of them were silver weapons though, but I do remember getting a Crescent Bow, Ginnugagap (or however it's spelled), Calamity's Gale and I think Barb Shuriken. i want brave weapons to forge dang it

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing Fates almost every day since it's Japanese release in June 2015.

I've received maybe four gold balls

One was a vulnerary

I'm sure that there is some mechanic where having a dedicated unit with the lottery hat affects your chances, as Oboro consistently gives me Sliver balls while Kaze gives me more duds. Granted, I put max LCK Elise there and still got silvers, so maybe it's not as easy as LCK = better prizes. And since the pool of prizes is so big and of such varying value, you're playing a lottery even after you win.

Edited by gayserbeam

I've personally gotten (sigh) dem golden balls dozens of times, but the only prize that I have actually used was a Kodachi from a silver one. A benched Odin was running the shop with his lottery hat.

Honestly some of the happiest I've been from lottery prizes have been bronze balls giving me a type of ore I don't have yet, which combined with the arena speeds the process of forging in the early- to midgame.

Otherwise the most valuable things I've gotten from the lottery have been silver and raider weapons. I don't remember what level of prize those are, I think silver.

Welp I've gotten Mjolnir, Dracoshield, a few Silver weapons, Adamant Clubs, Sting Shuriken, Bird and Horse Spirit so far from the gold... Some silver and bronze ones netted me some Raider and Iron weapons...and a bunch of stuff that I don't remember.

I'm not sure about the mechanics of the lottery, because I wasn't really paying attention to who was there ^^;; So I can't help you on that. Sorry ><

...You can get gold balls? I've played through the game numerous times since June, and the one thing I always do often in My Castle is checking the lottery, and I've never seen one of those.

I haven't seen a gold prize yet in my Birthright playthrough, despite how I check the lottery literally every time it's available and I've been doing a lot of grinding (trying to get everyone of importance to level 14-ish advanced class so I actually have half a chance at the paralogues) so it's been available lots of times. Honestly brown prizes are consistently more useful than silver ones since I can get random ore I don't have much of, while silver prizes are basically just random iron weapons I don't need. (I'd love another several Sunrise Katanas right about now tbh. Or a Setsuna's Yumi.)

...You can get gold balls? I've played through the game numerous times since June, and the one thing I always do often in My Castle is checking the lottery, and I've never seen one of those.

From what I've heard and experienced, if a character with great luck runs the lottery shop (Percy, Ophelia, and Odin off the top of my head), chances are you'll end up with better prizes at the end.

I usually get silver prizes, which are good for forging.

For some reason, I never win anything good when Setsuna is in the booth. However, I often get silver prizes when Mozu is on the booth.

Also I always win when Asugi is on the booth as well. I just noticed that.

Edited by Smog

I seem to get silver prizes almost all the time... It's actually rare that I get bronze. I used to get bronze a lot before I was far enough along to upgrade the shop, of course, but since fully upgrading I've seen bronze almost as rarely as gold. If I had to give a rough estimate of the time I see each kind of prize, it'd be maybe 87% silver, 8% bronze, 5% gold... It's only anecdotal of course, but I definitely notice a lot more silvers than anything else, and I've definitely gotten gold a lot more often than I thought I would. I've been grinding a lot though, I just finished getting my avatar to A support on every character in Revelation, so I've got a reasonable amount of times I've played the lottery anyway.

In my 200 or so hours in all three routes, I gotten like 20 or so Golden Balls, but honestly the prizes weren't that great. Most of the Grand Prizes are stuff you can easily get in the Museum Melee DLC. Silver, Venge, Dual, Brave, Killer and Magical Weapons. The best I think are probably the Stat up items.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/my-castle/lottery-shop/

In case you didn't know main site has been updated with a list of prizes and tiers of rarity.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/my-castle/lottery-shop/

I don't think that list is quite right. I've gotten a Blessed Bow and Bolt Axe off of silver balls, even though the list says they're exclusive to gold balls (and I've never gotten a gold ball).