Halloween DLC Convo Thread

Abvora

I definitely agree. It's nice to see my Conquest Corrin's getting a conversation with his wife that laugh uncomfortably.

I had a lot of fun imagining Marx and Leon's dumbstruck faces when they made the announcement about getting married... And it was rather interesting to have them mention the idea of support vs protest. Considering how much the two in question (Camilla and Kamui) seem to be concerned about their family, it's rather sweet of them to hold their siblings' opinions as highly as their own pursuit for happiness...

... and the thought of both of them spending thirty-plus wishes solely on their spouse really hit me in the sweet spot. Goodness, this conversation did not disappoint at all.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a lot of fun imagining Marx and Leon's dumbstruck faces when they made the announcement about getting married... And it was rather interesting to have them mention the idea of support vs protest. Considering how much the two in question (Camilla and Kamui) seem to be concerned about their family, it's rather sweet of them to hold their siblings' opinions as highly as their own pursuit for happiness...

... and the thought of both of them spending thirty-plus wishes solely on their spouse really hit me in the sweet spot. Goodness, this conversation did not disappoint at all.

Maybe I'm bit too much of a sadist, but when they brought up the support vs protest stuff, I couldn't help but imagine Hinoka, since I only ship Conquest!Corrin with Camilla, going Wtf all over again. I guess I'm weird like that.

@MCP: Actually, that "for once" was referring to the general, "could have been done better" writing quality of Fates and not anything in particular. I just thought that this time they've really hit the nail on the head with the atmosphere of the conversation and the raw emotion of it.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

That Leo/Keaton makes me wonder...Just how many tomatoes does Leo eats each day? He's not even ashamed of his obsession of tomatoes!

And that tomato throwing event...why does the idea of Leo grabbing the flying tomatoes with his mouth and then he swallows them whole can't leave my head? He wouldn't do that...would he?

That Leo/Keaton makes me wonder...Just how many tomatoes does Leo eats each day? He's not even ashamed of his obsession of tomatoes!

And that tomato throwing event...why does the idea of Leo grabbing the flying tomatoes with his mouth and then he swallows them whole can't leave my head? He wouldn't do that...would he?

Perhaps his stomach is a black hole made only for tomatos. He can eat a whole pile and still not be satisfied.

Keaton assaulting Leon with those tomatos though made me giggle, that was adorable.

Perhaps his stomach is a black hole made only for tomatos. He can eat a whole pile and still not be satisfied

For some reason that makes a lot of sense, and that scares me.

Just what sort creature is Leo anyway?!

Will his desire for tomatoes never end?! How long must he world suffer until he is satisfied?! How many poor innocent tomatoes must be sacrificed for is hunger?!

Edited by Water Mage

For some reason that makes a lot of sense, and that scares me.

Just what sort creature is Leo anyway?!

Will his desire for tomatoes never end?! How long must he world suffer until he is satisfied?! How many poor innocent tomatoes must be sacrificed for is hunger?!

That tomato meme is getting out of control (though I did like that support)

Rinkah/Setsuna: http://pastebin.com/S4EbFUH4

Kagero/Mozu: http://pastebin.com/vYkRWn6z

I just did Kaden/Takumi because I was interested: http://nanigma.tumblr.com/post/142249791412/kadentakumi

This support is so gay. I never thought I would think of Kaden/Takumi as a ship..

That comes off … somewhat creepy. Maybe it'd be less weird if Nishiki and Takumi canonically talked in supports or at least one in-story conversation, but …

Edited by Sunwoo

That comes off … somewhat creepy. Maybe it'd be less weird if Nishiki and Takumi canonically talked in supports or at least one in-story conversation, but …

I don't have the English version, so i don't know if it's different in the localization, but Kaden/Nishiki regularly calls himself and other things beautiful. It's a character tick, and so I would say that he thinks he is being completely innocious about this.

I don't have the English version, so i don't know if it's different in the localization, but Kaden/Nishiki regularly calls himself and other things beautiful. It's a character tick, and so I would say that he thinks he is being completely innocious about this.

I'm aware that in the Japanese version Nishiki calls himself and other things beautiful, and that he's too innocent to mean it in a non-innocent way. It still doesn't stop it from coming off creepy. Because people say things that weren't meant to be taken in a certain way or meant to be completely innocent … but that doesn't mean it still can't come off as creepy to another person even knowing intent.

I'm aware that in the Japanese version Nishiki calls himself and other things beautiful, and that he's too innocent to mean it in a non-innocent way. It still doesn't stop it from coming off creepy. Because people say things that weren't meant to be taken in a certain way or meant to be completely innocent … but that doesn't mean it still can't come off as creepy to another person even knowing intent.

Hmm it might have been something with my translation. The original support didn't really give me that feeling. Can you pinpoint what exactly made you think of it as creepy? Or was it a general feeling?

It's just a general feeling I get from the second part, and I don't think it's anything wrong with your translation. For me, I'm the type of person who doesn't do well getting complimented, especially on how I look from someone I don't know very well. I would find it unnerving that someone was paying that close attention to me.

I think part of it is because Nishiki and Takumi don't canonically support, or even talk in the story, so as far as I know they're two strangers who happen to serve in the same army. So while I know Nishiki has an obsession with beautiful things, just the way he seems to be obsessed with it, and directing some of those comments towards someone he likely doesn't know very well, just does not make me very comfortable.

Again, it's most likely not your translation or the intent of the conversation. It's just how it comes off to me in regards to a concept that personally unnerves me.

Edited by Sunwoo

Okay, that's fine then. I was just a bit worried, since I am still new to this translator business. Neither language is my native one, so there might be some nuances that get lost from time to time.

Thank you for your explanation. The feedback is very important to me.

Camilla married convo: http://pastebin.com/WYzSFhbU

That was actually very good. I wish that their supports in-game where at this level of quality.

I had the following mental picture of what the brothers did after she and Corrin left:

Xander turned to Leo, not saying a word. Leo slowly turned and met his brother's gaze, dreading what would happened next. He did agree after all. Xander's face never changed as he extended an open hand to Leo. Leo looked at the hand, sighed, pulled out his money pouch and placed it in Xander's hand. Xander retracted the hand and then turned and left. What Leo could not see as Xander left was a smug smirk spreading across the crown prince's face.

Maybe I'm bit too much of a sadist, but when they brought up the support vs protest stuff, I couldn't help but imagine Hinoka, since I only ship Conquest!Corrin with Camilla, going Wtf all over again. I guess I'm weird like that.

I can imagine the siblings trying to get a reaction out of the shocked Hinoka. Ryoma waving his hand across her face, Takumi snapping his fingers, Sakura quietly asking if she was alright.

Oboro's Costume Event Dialogue:

http://pastebin.com/tTwDqrsf

Kind of makes me sad but also kind of realistic that the trauma of losing her parents still follows her everywhere. Man, Oboro and a few other characters in Fates have been really well-done.

That was actually very good. I wish that their supports in-game where at this level of quality.

I feel like since they got an idea of who is actually popular that they were actually allowed to focus a lot more onto the character's emotions and motivations. I mean Oboro got a whole load of stuff added to her ever since she got a lot of DLC supports given to her, especially this Halloween one.

Hayato/Subaki: http://pastebin.com/3VT5Mf6D

I feel like since they got an idea of who is actually popular that they were actually allowed to focus a lot more onto the character's emotions and motivations. I mean Oboro got a whole load of stuff added to her ever since she got a lot of DLC supports given to her, especially this Halloween one.

It's more that they only had four to write than those four being the "real" popular ones. Takumi is insanely popular (at least in Japan), he just didn't make it into the top two.

*most common victory quote in localization*

Kaden: "BEAUTIFUL... just like me."