Halloween DLC Convo Thread

Abvora

It's more that they only had four to write than those four being the "real" popular ones. Takumi is insanely popular (at least in Japan), he just didn't make it into the top two.

Agreed that Takumi is insanely popular in Japan at least, considering that in some other non-official polls he was actually the top scoring character. Not to mention that splitting up the characters by gender naturally skews things anyway, because you could have male characters who scored in the 3-5 or lower range who are still more popular than a girl who scored higher. I mean, the popularity poll is an indicator of who's popular amongst the people who voted in it, but not like definite fact that can't be dismantled.

In unrelated comments, all the conversations so far seem really nice. I especially liked Sakura and Yukimura's, although maybe I shouldn't pause to wonder about how the fuck he got all those ingredients while on a battlefield.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed that Takumi is insanely popular in Japan at least, considering that in some other non-official polls he was actually the top scoring character. Not to mention that splitting up the characters by gender naturally skews things anyway, because you could have male characters who scored in the 3-5 or lower range who are still more popular than a girl who scored higher. I mean, the popularity poll is an indicator of who's popular amongst the people who voted in it, but not like definite fact that can't be dismantled.

In unrelated comments, all the conversations so far seem really nice. I especially liked Sakura and Yukimura's, although maybe I shouldn't pause to wonder about how the fuck he got all those ingredients while on a battlefield.

Not to mention the whole "vote once a day, every day" thing means it's less about who's popular and more about who has the most persistent fans.

Don't get me wrong, I think the poll results are loosely accurate--the top 10 do get the most artwork, the most love in forums, and so on (excluding Nina, at least over here). I just don't think it's a numerically accurate representation of everyone's actual popularity.

I have translated the Leo/Corrin convo marriage edition: http://nanigma.tumblr.com/post/142117386047/leocorrin-married

This support gets a whole new meaning if you know about Leo's canon siscon fetish...

Oh god, I am blushing! Damn Leo. Also his tomato obsession is practically undeniably stronger than any wife at this point.

Edited by axlorg89

Not to mention the whole "vote once a day, every day" thing means it's less about who's popular and more about who has the most persistent fans.

Don't get me wrong, I think the poll results are loosely accurate--the top 10 do get the most artwork, the most love in forums, and so on (excluding Nina, at least over here). I just don't think it's a numerically accurate representation of everyone's actual popularity.

Ah, yes, who can forget the persistent fans? The really obnoxious ones who will vote all day every day for their favorite character? :P: I voted only once for my top two favorites out of principle, yet I'm sure there are many others who did not. And agree with your second paragraph.

Ah, yes, who can forget the persistent fans? The really obnoxious ones who will vote all day every day for their favorite character? :P: I voted only once for my top two favorites out of principle, yet I'm sure there are many others who did not. And agree with your second paragraph.

To be fair, the super persistent fans are the most likely to buy merchandise/character-centric DLC/so on. The poll was fueled primarily by business over just doing things for the sake of it.

Charlotte:
Huh? What is this?
It looks like a potion.
Yuck! This smells terrible!
What is this disgusting crap?!
Why the hell is it glowing purple! ! ! ?
Luna:
Hehe.
It's something I got from one of the vendors here
It forces the user to speak their true intentions in their heart and to be honest
It's a really good medicine for you!

Not this again.

Edited by The DanMan

Here is Subaki/Takumi: http://nanigma.tumblr.com/post/142351893102/subakitakumi

I hope everyone reads this at least once. I don't remember the last time I identified with a fictional character like this. Takumi really feels like he doesn't "just" have insecurity problems here, but also a heavy dose of anxiety.. Not that I am qualified to make a diagnosis, but still.

I hope everyone reads this at least once. I don't remember the last time I identified with a fictional character like this. Takumi really feels like he doesn't "just" have insecurity problems here, but also a heavy dose of anxiety.. Not that I am qualified to make a diagnosis, but still.

Reading this makes me want a character like Takumi on the next game, but this time as the crown prince. It would be interesting to see a would be king with anxiety issues.

There's Siegbert, who is a bit like that, but there's so much pontetial in a character like him.

That's really sweet; Xander, Takumi and Leo really do have a lot of good supports and DLC conversations; it feels like the writers have a clearer idea of how they want those three to interact with others compared to many others in the cast.

Also, good on Tsubaki, I may find him extremely dull, but this was cute~. Oh no now I'm starting to do that as well!

This just cements Takumi as one of the best-written characters in the game, possibly the franchise.

Sakura/Elise: http://pastebin.com/P8MwnwAf

Hana/Kagero: http://pastebin.com/UvLmk01X

Sakura/Elise was tooth-rottingly sweet, so cute~

This just cements Takumi as one of the best-written characters in the game, possibly the franchise.

That Sakura/Elise was just so adorable!!!!

And it appears that Elise being a flower seller is cannon on all routes not just Birthright.

Also this conversation seems to be a reference to a certain artwork were it shows Sakura and Elise on a slumber party and Sakura is brushing Elise's hair.

Does anyone have a picture of it?

Haha, I always knew I liked Takumi a lot, but he really does feel like a real person and is incredibly well-written and his motivations actually feel genuine.

… Now that I think about it, he might remind me of some of my friends a little TOO much … *thinks about high school friends who act just like this …*

I always liked Takumi, but this conversation is really good and makes me like him even more. With my anxiety and insecurity issues I can relate to Takumi some and I really liked how Subaki handled it here.

Sakura and Elise's conversation is adorable and nicely written. These two are so good and understanding to each other. What happened to the Hana/Kagero support?

I really need to read more of takumi's supports. I need to know why people like him as much as they do because that takumi/subaki convo didn't hit me as much as it did to others.

I really need to read more of takumi's supports. I need to know why people like him as much as they do because that takumi/subaki convo didn't hit me as much as it did to others.

It's not that difficult to explain. People identify with him. Many of us here have experienced, or know someone who has experienced, feelings of insecurity and anxiety. When Takumi was all "I am a bother to everyone etc." with Subaki, he was basically saying what a lot of us are saying to themselves on a regular basis. He feels very human and relateable. What I find especially great about him, is that his insecurity is always treated as flaw. It makes him have difficulty getting along with others, it causes him to snap at them and further isolate himself. It causes him to become paranoid and even hurtful at times. Nevertheless he still has positive and caring sides to him, they are just often undermined by his issues.

In modern media, characters whith insecurity are rarely alowed to express the negative aspects of it. Most of the time they are there to be hugged and felt sorry for. Takumi certainly can make you feel sorry for him, but he can also be offputting and difficult to deal with. I think that is a lot more relateable than someone who is always perfect and kind. He is also one of the very few characters not mindlessly worshipping the avatar, and acts according to his own reasonings.

You can find his actual supports on the FE wiki. I can personally recommend Takumi/Oboro, Takumi/Hana, Hinoka/Takumi, Takumi/Kiragi, Takumi/Azura and

Takumi/Leo

It's not that difficult to explain. People identify with him. Many of us here have experienced, or know someone who has experienced, feelings of insecurity and anxiety. When Takumi was all "I am a bother to everyone etc." with Subaki, he was basically saying what a lot of us are saying to themselves on a regular basis. He feels very human and relateable. What I find especially great about him, is that his insecurity is always treated as flaw. It makes him have difficulty getting along with others, it causes him to snap at them and further isolate himself. It causes him to become paranoid and even hurtful at times. Nevertheless he still has positive and caring sides to him, they are just often undermined by his issues.

In modern media, characters whith insecurity are rarely alowed to express the negative aspects of it. Most of the time they are there to be hugged and felt sorry for. Takumi certainly can make you feel sorry for him, but he can also be offputting and difficult to deal with. I think that is a lot more relateable than someone who is always perfect and kind. He is also one of the very few characters not mindlessly worshipping the avatar, and acts according to his own reasonings.

You can find his actual supports on the FE wiki. I can personally recommend Takumi/Oboro, Takumi/Hana, Hinoka/Takumi, Takumi/Kiragi, Takumi/Azura and

Takumi/Leo

After spending the time to read his supports,which were mostly good barring that orochi support,I can definitely see what you mean. It was weird and refreshing to see some similarities between me and him.

I think what made him more interesting to me was how what he acts in battle contradicts his insecure nature. "I'm stronger than I look", " Not my fault you're weak" and "I'm the strong one in my family". This facade aspect of his character is what I found to relate to me the most.

Thanks for the takumi breakdown.

Reading this makes me want a character like Takumi on the next game, but this time as the crown prince. It would be interesting to see a would be king with anxiety issues.

There's Siegbert, who is a bit like that, but there's so much pontetial in a character like him.

Urgh, now I kinda want to see a game/a manga that has a young Xander in it. Kidding, because I know a lot people wouldn't be down with that, but seriously, he kinda fits the bill pretty well.