Bad/Horrible support conversations!

Michelaar

I can say happily the supports in Fire emblem Fates are way better than the one in Radiant dawn (God, those were awful), But there are still some very bad support conversations. For me, I really don't like Azama X Sakura. I was going to pair them up until I saw their supports. Azama is just being a total dick and then Sakura marries him. Thats basically what happened. What are your least favorite support conversations?

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of Soleil's supports with the other female characters are actually pretty bad, especially Ophelia and Soleil. She even goes as far as to hit on her own mother, which is just f'ed up. I was hoping they would of toned this down in the western release, but its almost like they made it worst.

Let's see...

Soleil x Her Mother: Agree with Tolvir, this support is literally just Soleil hitting on her mother.

Soleil x Nina: It's like an early 2000s internet forum in support conversation form.

Saizo x Hinoka. "Hey we needed to test your loyalty for a stupid and convoluted reason, now let's get married!"

Jakob x Felicia. "Hey your tea sucks, now let's get married!"

Subaki x Felicia. "Hey you're a walking disaster zone and I don't want to be anywhere near you, now let's get married!"

Ryoma x Camilla. "Hey the only thing we can bond over is Corrin, now let's get married!"

Takumi x Camilla. "Hey I can barely talk to you and you treat me like an infant, now let's get married!"

Corrin x Camilla. "Hey I can't stand up for myself and you treat me like an infant, now let's get married!"

Azama x most of his marriage options: "Hey I'm a complete jerk to you, now let's get married!"

But that's only out of the supports I've seen so far.

Edited by AzureSen

I really hate Jakob x Rinkah (though not as much as the JP) and Silas x Hana (also not as much as the JP)

Treehouse actually managed to salvage something out of the bigger messes they were from the JP but I still hate those supports

Laslow/Hana is pretty bad. I personally liked their interaction and dedicatedly ship them as my OTP, but man their support . The entire support chain is about Laslow harassing Hana to try out lipstick. When she does try it, nothing come out from it. Nothing is learned or gained about the characters. There is no meaningful development.

Hinata/Peri is another one that is very similar to Laslow/Hana. It all about Hinata going to shop with Peri, she buys this red ribbon for him. He wears it but get made fun of by other people, so he gives it back to her.....Whut? Yeah, that is their entire support conversation and it's as stupid as it gets.

Why IS? Why did you make all the pairing that I liked have horrible support conversations?

Most of Soleil's supports with the other female characters are actually pretty bad, especially Ophelia and Soleil. She even goes as far as to hit on her own mother, which is just f'ed up. I was hoping they would of toned this down in the western release, but its almost like they made it worst.

I know she's supposed to be a trope, but her support with Ophelia really bothered me when she wanted to run off and play with "her" body. Imagine if a guy tried to pull something like that - the pitchforks and torches would come out in an instant. Then they went and made it to where she can't even romantically end up with most of the men in the English localization.

Most of Soleil's supports are pretty bad. I really wanted to like her since that one comic I saw where she was so sweet to her father, but she's so one-note and the Ophelia support REALLY didn't sit right with me.

I don't like Xander x Charlotte, mostly because I really like Xander and hate Charlotte with a burning, fiery passion. It's a good pairing for stats, but the support is a bit overrated. Ship-wise, I prefer her will Benny or Laslow. Maybe Niles.

Xander x Beruka is bad, too. I rather like both the characters, so I was a tad disappointed. It was just weird. "HAHAHA I REFUSE TO DIE BECAUSE I MUST PROTECT NOHR" and her being hired to kill him...? It was just strange.

Ryoma x Camilla is bad. Too much Corrin worship. Same goes for Camilla x Jakob.

Elise x Niles is surprisingly sweet in the localization, but it was really creepy before. Elise x Silas doesn't sit right with me, though.

Nyx x Subaki because she rejects him...for some reason?

- Camilla/Takumi: Feels good to not be the only one who dislikes this support chain.

- Camilla/Kamui: I really don't care about bathing.

- Silas/Elise & Silas/Camilla: I can't consider him as a bro after reading these supports tbqh

- Peri/Leon: Leon is weirdly ooc.

- Most 2nd gen supports

Edited by Dolphin

corrin x hana

C

Hana- Fuck you, you made sakura cry for coming back

B

Hana- Fuck you you unintentionaly mocked my family

A

Hana- sorry I was a bitch

S

I don't even know how they could get married from that

corrin x hana

C

Hana- Fuck you, you made sakura cry for coming back

B

Hana- Fuck you you unintentionaly mocked my family

A

Hana- sorry I was a bitch

S

I don't even know how they could get married from that

From hate to love there is only one step Edited by Sieghart

1. The Hana x Corrin support is pretty bad for the both of them.

Its actually quite good that not everyone thinks Corrin is a special little snowflake but Hana is so petty and unreasonable about it that it just proves how good Corrin is. She doesn't have a leg to stand on. That Hana twists something that's primary a tragedy for Corrin into a reason to be rude to him doesn't reflect well on her. Its quite despicable of her actually.

Corrin is also in the wrong because he really shouldn't be so much of a doormat about it. There is nothing valid about Hana's viewpoint, not a single thing so he should at least object rather then take it so meekly.

2. Camilla's supports with Arthur and Silas are a bit disappointing. I find Camilla on her best when she's being so doting because she is an over attached big sis/mommy rather then because she has the hots for Corrin. Those two supports fall into the latter version of her.

3. The support of Corrin and Hayato was a bit of a letdown for me. Hayato is based on Ricken, I got that after the small size, red hair, blue clothes and wind alignement. No need to almost exactly copy the support of Ricken and Robin to get that point across.

Silas x Azura/Orochi, Saizo x Felicia, Corin x Selkie/Azura/Hana, etc.

Support conversations that I've seen in Fates so far have been lackluster in general compared to Awakening (Oboro has been the saving grace). Lot of convos are better suited to be just talks between friends, not the types that would lead them to marriage.

And Silas seems like a dick in a lot of supports. He's too quick to judge people and always ends up apologizing. I hate that kind of shallow personality. I liked his support with Rinkah though.

I'm not really agree with peoples who says Corrin/Hana is horrible. But it his really a question of point of view. Personnally, I see in it a girl who care a lot for her friend. She's also hot blooded... so no wonder about what happened in the C and B supports. In A, she see her mistake. Both recognize they gone in the wrong way.

And about the S, sometimes, the right words can bring a person to love another. It happens to me.

But it's my point of view.

I'm pretty sure some people will personally look me up and beat me to a pulp if I keep posting a bunch of negative things around here, but I really need to stress just how bad Saizou/Hinoka is, as has already been mentioned. Barring the ones which are downright offensive, this one is the worst support in the game due to sheer stupidity and the ridiculousness of the situation.

Fortunately, Saizou has several other good supports.

I don't really hold the "C B A now let's get married!" supports against the individual conversations because it's constrained to have those happen in the S supports. So... yeah, a lot of S supports are bad but they have to be with the current format, and this won't change until this "everyone can marry everyone" bullcrap is gone. Yes, you could have every C-B-A support feel naturally romantic but that option is, somehow, even worse.

As such:

Takumi x Hinoka and Takumi x Ryoma. He is such a little bitch in those. The Hinoka one is the worst, it literally never goes past Hinoka dressing him down for behaving like an idiot. I mean that's kinda cathartic but... no.

Actually, the only Takumi supports I've read that I liked were his ones with Sakura and Camilla (though agreed that the latter doesn't really feel like a budding relationship).

Saizo x Beruka C. I like the rest of this supoprt, but... yeah. I normally like the localisation well enough, but that was a misstep.

Saizo x Hinoka. It's been said.

Beruka x Xander. I agree with Respite&Nepenthe. I like both these characters, but this support felt a bit weird and out of character.

Oboro x Hinata. It's like the Alan x Lance support only with the word "cool" thrown around about a dozen times. A few of the other "let's compete over who can be more awesomely loyal to ____" supports rubbed me the wrong way, too, though at least those weren't filled with worship of a character I dislike.

Camilla x Jakob. Actually sure let's mention at least one of others of that type explicitly. Another "I like both characters" one so that's not a good sign for the support's quality. Like... c'mon, both these characters use Corrin as a motivator but this support flanderises both.

There are also a bunch of supports I got, mainly on Birthright, which went literally in one ear and out the other, and that's a bad sign. Like, I used Hana, I supported her with a bunch of people, and I'm currently struggling to actually recall those supports. Not a good sign. This is true in every FE, and indeed was a signfiicantly worse problem in the GBA games than in Fates... but I felt it was eorth mentioning. Honestly, I'd rather have more supports where I felt the ball was dropped and I can criticise the support constructively than supports of this type which are just bland and forgettable, so... good for the writers for trying.

Jakob x Kagero is the worst one I found. "Hey you can't paint stuff for shit, let's get married."

... Actually reading this thread, they seem to reuse this pattern very often...

I just did Soleil/Ophelia earlier today as part of support log filling, and wow, it's awful. I especially hated their A Rank, and how it goes out of its way to make Ophelia look like the bad guy for wanting to avoid Soleil while also excusing Soleil's behavior as "oh she just misspoke and didn't mean any of her harassment, honest!"

Edited by AzureSen

On 23/03/2016 at 9:13 PM, AzureSen said:

I just did Soleil/Ophelia earlier today as part of support log filling, and wow, it's awful. I especially hated their A Rank, and how it goes out of its way to make Ophelia look like the bad guy for wanting to avoid Soleil while also excusing Soleil's behavior as "oh she just misspoke and didn't mean any of her harassment, honest!"

I'm so glad someone else shares my sentiment. I really don't like that support. Seriously, the harassment isn't okay just because they're both girls. What's worse is that I've legitimately seen people say that they ship them together and it makes me cringe.

Edited by Matt-hue

Let's see...

Soleil x Her Mother: Agree with Tolvir, this support is literally just Soleil hitting on her mother.

Soleil x Nina: It's like an early 2000s internet forum in support conversation form.

Saizo x Hinoka. "Hey we needed to test your loyalty for a stupid and convoluted reason, now let's get married!"

Jakob x Felicia. "Hey your tea sucks, now let's get married!"

Subaki x Felicia. "Hey you're a walking disaster zone and I don't want to be anywhere near you, now let's get married!"

Ryoma x Camilla. "Hey the only thing we can bond over is Corrin, now let's get married!"

Takumi x Camilla. "Hey I can barely talk to you and you treat me like an infant, now let's get married!"

Corrin x Camilla. "Hey I can't stand up for myself and you treat me like an infant, now let's get married!"

Azama x most of his marriage options: "Hey I'm a complete jerk to you, now let's get married!"

But that's only out of the supports I've seen so far.

I think you just summed up all S supports in a nutshell.

I think you just summed up all S supports in a nutshell.

While I don't think many of us are a fan of just how little time gets devoted to people hooking up and deciding to get married, I must say that there's a very big difference between a character being an asshole throughout three conversations rather than...well, a nice person.

Soleil and Ophelia: Sexual harassment played for laughs. Burn in hell.

Soleil and her mother: She hits on her mother. I don't think that requires any explanation.

Soleil and Nina: Yuri vs Yaoi? I cannot say 'nope' hard enough.

Saizo and Hinoka: Saizo is as loyal as they come, but Ryoma still distrusts him...basically so that this support can happen.

Corrin and Hana: Corrin gets kidnapped, but apparently it's his fault that Sakura cried instead of say, Garon? The B-support is just as bad, since rather than explain rationally why her father's sacrifice is a big deal, she gets mad at Corrin for not immediately grasping the ins-and-outs of a culture they don't understand.

Corrin and Rhajat: This was actually pretty good in the Jap version, but here we get Tharja 2.0

Corrin and Camilla: Corrin comes across as only marrying her because she guilt-trips him into it, and otherwise sounds very uncomfortable with Camilla's affection.

Silas and Hana/Azura: Silas comes across as a judgmental jackass.

Most of Jakob's Supports: I'd be fine if he was merely awkward and short-tempered, but a lot of his supports have him acting like an arsehole with no provocation.

Most of Azama's Supports: Even worse than Jakob. Why does he even exist?

Edited by Phillius