Bad/Horrible support conversations!

Michelaar

Could think of a few more good supports. Rinkah's was pretty funny and Oboro was kind of touching. I've seen someone list Effie's as a bad one but I liked it.

Silias has really good supports overall. Even the ones people in here are bitching about are pretty good by the standards of conquest, it's pretty much "OMG U CANT BE MAD AT GURLS".

Harlot is a pretty hilarious support for him though. Oddly touching as well.

Best bromantic support in the game are still Silias x kaze/Silias x Jakob nice guy dominance assertion go.

Edited by joshcja

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silias has really good supports overall. Even the ones people in here are bitching about are pretty good by the standards of conquest, it's pretty much "OMG U CANT BE MAD AT GURLS".

Maybe there is some exaggeration but I know that in terms of Hana/Silas it's so OOC and seems to favor Silas so much despite Hana being established to be talented on her own. It's not the greatest, and a lot of his end up painting his judgmental tendencies as "oh, look what a nice, down to earth guy he is!". This is purely subjective, of course.

I actually liked Silas' support with Beruka but...eh. Preferences.

I hate Niles x Arthur. They took my favorite support and turned it into something terrible. Niles' innuendo was played as more of a defense mechanism than the character gimmick that it is—but that was fine. Arthur was given a perceptiveness to his character, making him something more than just a superhero stereotype. I just obtained A rank for the both of them and I just smacked my forehead—they took out the meat of the support, in my opinion.

I hated Ryoma x Camilla and Jakob x Camilla because they revolve around Corrinmui. Really? I decided to marry Jakob to Camilla just because the both of them deserve each other. :/

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I'm really disappointed with a lot of Kaze's supports honestly. I mean Saizo has this entire web of relationships going on while Kaze is barely involved at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaze never even knew that Kagero had dated his brother for a while.

I hated Ryoma x Camilla and Jakob x Camilla because they revolve around Corrinmui.

i didn't actually read the thread beyond the parts of it where i suspended that guy but silas x camilla is amazing for that, the entire C-A is her asking him to tell you she loves you, and then in the A he tells her he's always liked her and she straight up shoots him down, and then in the S he proposes to her and she only says ok because he says you told him to tell her it was ok

i can't make this shit up

conquest is so bad

Best bromantic support in the game are still Silias x kaze/Silias x Jakob nice guy dominance assertion go.

I can't say anything for his Conquest supports, but his Birthright supports are embarrassingly poor. I paired him up with Hana so she could pick up cavalier and I regretted every moment of it. He's a total ass for no reason to her. He wasn't much better to Rinkah either. He comes across as super cocky and superior to everyone else and in Hana's support in particular, it never seems to acknowledge he was being a dick.

As far as supports I've gotten that I'm wholly unimpressed with, Takumi and Hinoka was an utter letdown. Could be summed up as "Don't rush ahead!" "No!" twice over and then "Don't rush ahead!" "ok...". Boring as hell. With the royals they could have talked more about their family to fill out backstory and instead Hinoka spends the whole time admonishing Takumi for a thing he did once.

Also pairing Azama with anyone is just a travesty. His supports would be fine in previous eras where max rank didn't mean marriage, but people have kids with this guy? Ugh. He's funny but I wouldn't wish him as a husband for anyone in this game. Which is a damn shame because I think Mitama is hilarious without constantly demeaning her partners.

Silas is a judgemental jerk in his supports with Azura, Kagero, and Orochi too? Goodness does Silas have any good supports with women? I am seriously starting to wonder.

To be fair, in his support with Kagero he is mostly weirded out by her art. A lot of characters react the same way as him, so it's rather unfair to pin this on him, and at least he apologizes.

Silas has plenty of good supports, with Hinoka, Nyx, Beruka, Rinkah, Corrin, Ryoma, Mozu and I really like his support with Sakura, it's pretty sweet.

i didn't actually read the thread beyond the parts of it where i suspended that guy but silas x camilla is amazing for that, the entire C-A is her asking him to tell you she loves you, and then in the A he tells her he's always liked her and she straight up shoots him down, and then in the S he proposes to her and she only says ok because he says you told him to tell her it was ok

i can't make this shit up

conquest is so bad

D:

Why is it so hard for IS to write characters? What happened?

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Maybe there is some exaggeration but I know that in terms of Hana/Silas it's so OOC and seems to favor Silas so much despite Hana being established to be talented on her own. It's not the greatest, and a lot of his end up painting his judgmental tendencies as "oh, look what a nice, down to earth guy he is!". This is purely subjective, of course.

It got better in the english---the english paints hana as genuinely having an off day, while the JP version really want to suck silas's dick. English version fixed the ooc-ness, but the interaction imo is still pretty awful. Far from either's best.

Out of Silas's female supports the only ones I've enjoyed are Hinoka and Mozu. While I have to give him some credit for creativity and intention I felt his Rinkah support came off condescending. If I want her to run GK I'll give it to her myself. Most of his supports with other women either outright annoyed me or aren't outright awful but just don't do it for me.

Also I don't think Kaze/Rinkah is a bad support but I felt it disappointing in that they're two people with such a major shared life experience and they'd rather waste the support on candy(eng)/pastries(jp). It felt like a letdown. Considering chapter 2 and all I wanted a deeper support from them (plenty of other people to do humor with) I was just really disappointed in it. On a less personal level I wouldn't say it's bad, but personally I am unsatisfied.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Silias's complained about supports @ C level: (from my PoV)

Hana: "Hey uuuh, you are going to get yourself and your lord killed"

"Check your privilege fucker"

"no really are you ok"

"No I completely fucked up, but also fuck you"

"Ok just do better, you actually die, with everyone you love, if you mess up"

"FIGHT ME"

Orachi: "No I don't believe you Lady Cleo I'm not paying you 5.99 a minute go away"

"CALL NAO CHILD GREAT MISORTUNE I SEE"

Kageru: "I have no experience whatsoever with your culture, help me out?"

"Sure, I'm bad at art, but have a look"

Azura: "You are literally the most suspicious person on earth"

"Yeah I kinda am"

Edited by joshcja

It got better in the english---the english paints hana as genuinely having an off day, while the JP version really want to suck silas's dick. English version fixed the ooc-ness, but the interaction imo is still pretty awful. Far from either's best.

Out of Silas's female supports the only ones I've enjoyed are Hinoka and Mozu. While I have to give him some credit for creativity and intention I felt his Rinkah support came off condescending. If I want her to run GK I'll give it to her myself. Most of his supports with other women either outright annoyed me or aren't outright awful but just don't do it for me.

Also I don't think Kaze/Rinkah is a bad support but I felt it disappointing in that they're two people with such a major shared life experience and they'd rather waste the support on candy(eng)/pastries(jp). It felt like a letdown. Considering chapter 2 and all I wanted a deeper support from them (plenty of other people to do humor with) I was just really disappointed in it. On a less personal level I wouldn't say it's bad, but personally I am unsatisfied.

Hahaha yeah I haven't played the English version because I like in Aus but I'm happy to hear it's been improved.

I kind of liked Oboro x Silas Don't hurt me Takumi x Oboro shippers

I didn't like Saizou x Hinoka. The exchange of letters cultivating into a marriage? Nu-uh, boo boo.

Azama is a terrible guy—but, like, he is one of those terrible people that you laugh at because his attempts at insulting you are rather weak and unworthy of a proper, dignified response. The only supports I have with him are Setsuna (who I married off to Takumi in Birthright) and Hana. We can see how that ended. On the positive side, Mitama came out as a straight beast.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/developer-interview/page3.html

(Find the section with Maeda, where he talks about the document that defines basic character traits)

Assuming that the same thing was done like the Awakening's support conversations, then most of the supports are written using Tropes of the character by several different writers in the development team. It's sad that some of them are done without careful consideration of the characters (Ryoma x Camilla) or have so many potential to talk about but ends up falling flat on it's own face. (Hinata X Peri)

I think if the developers really wanted to keep the whole S rank shipping thing, then support chains should be written so that the player who reads them can imagine them hooking up with one another, yet another player can still imagine them being friends. I say that Laslow X Peri or Laslow X Orochi is a great example for this. Both of these support have very meaningful character development between the two, yet if you decided not to pursue their S support, it still completely believable that they can still be close friends.

Edited by TanatatKnight

http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/developer-interview/page3.html

(Find the section with Maeda, where he talks about the document that defines basic character traits)

Assuming that the same thing was done like the Awakening's support conversations, then most of the supports are written using Tropes of the character by several different writers in the development team. It's sad that some of them are done without careful consideration of the characters (Ryoma x Camilla) or have so many potential to talk about but ends up falling flat on it's own face. (Hinata X Peri)

I think if the developers really wanted to keep the whole S rank shipping thing, then support chains should be written so that the player who reads them can imagine them hooking up with one another, yet another player can still imagine them being friends. I say that Laslow X Peri or Laslow X Orochi is a great example for this. Both of these support have very meaningful character development between the two, yet if you decided not to pursue their S support, it still completely believable that they can still be close friends.

You are a sane reasonable human being.

+1

Oh god, after reading through this thread I'm a little afraid. I've just started Birthright and I was planning on doing Azama/Orochi. I didn't think the C rank was too bad; does it go terribly downhill from there? Are there any non-dickish supports for him?

Oh god, after reading through this thread I'm a little afraid. I've just started Birthright and I was planning on doing Azama/Orochi. I didn't think the C rank was too bad; does it go terribly downhill from there? Are there any non-dickish supports for him?

To be fair, AzamaxOrochi is a terrible pairing in terms of gameplay and stats, those two should stay away from each other.

Azama/Orochi is an odd case. Azama still trolls her, but Orochi is also trolly so they are kinda...meeting each other's match? It actually works in this case.

To be fair, AzamaxOrochi is a terrible pairing in terms of gameplay and stats, those two should stay away from each other.

Depends. Azama x Orochi is awful for postgame, but if you only care about main game then Mitama's mag growth isn't actually ass and can run a magic build despite her poor mag cap anyway, since caps don't matter much for main storyline. If you're not doing postgame/pvp Azama/Orochi's not too bad.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Too bad Azama x Kagero is different in the localization. I quite liked it the way it was. You guys should read it for some top quality writing. That is how a support should be written and it perplexes me that the others didn't follow the same route.

:D

In Silas/Charlotte, Silas becomes a psychiatrist and forces her to talk about herself for basically all of B and A. Kinda boring, but at least it makes Charlotte a little better...?

I followed through on Azama and Orochi. It's one of Azama's less offensive pairings. I was ok with it. It also gives you a hybrid Mitama who will be good at being a staffbot with a naturally decent strength and magic base. I was fine with it. However some people don't find it a good longterm pairing because of clashing growths and caps. But still, I found my Mitama to be a perfect slot in for an additional healer that I sorely needed towards the endgame of Birthright. Also she looks fantastic with purple hair.

Edited by Samias

Too bad Azama x Kagero is different in the localization. I quite liked it the way it was. You guys should read it for some top quality writing. That is how a support should be written and it perplexes me that the others didn't follow the same route.

:D

I couldn't agree more. You can really tell how much chemistry they have and the way it's written is so fluid and moving that it's hard to believe they were intended to marry anyone else. It's almost like poetry. I can't believe I forgot about JP Kagero/Azama thank you so much for reminding me. Edited by nordopolica

Azama/Orochi is an odd case. Azama still trolls her, but Orochi is also trolly so they are kinda...meeting each other's match? It actually works in this case.

Depends. Azama x Orochi is awful for postgame, but if you only care about main game then Mitama's mag growth isn't actually ass and can run a magic build despite her poor mag cap anyway, since caps don't matter much for main storyline. If you're not doing postgame/pvp Azama/Orochi's not too bad.

I followed through on Azama and Orochi. It's one of Azama's less offensive pairings. I was ok with it. It also gives you a hybrid Mitama who will be good at being a staffbot with a naturally decent strength and magic base. I was fine with it. However some people don't find it a good longterm pairing because of clashing growths and caps. But still, I found my Mitama to be a perfect slot in for an additional healer that I sorely needed towards the endgame of Birthright. Also she looks fantastic with purple hair.

Really?

Because I did try OrochixAsama, because of Mitama's passable Mag stat, but ended up with terrible Mitama that could never double.

Guess I got RNG screwed.