Bad/Horrible support conversations!

Michelaar

With regards to Soleil and Ophelia, I think their A support resolution is sweet but the C and B remind me so much of consent issues at anime conventions. It's like 100% glomp culture where someone will try to physically touch the cosplayers out of respect and/or envy, but obviously if you don't want to be touched, you don't want to be touched. Doesn't matter if the cosplayer is dressed conservatively or if they're in something crazy revealing. People really don't like fawning, overly grabby hero worship. It sounds OK in text but this is actually a huge real life problem even in the most innocent context.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of Ophelia x Soleil C & B either, but I like the fact that they both apologize at the end of their A Support and become best friends. It's honestly the best way the Support could have ended after what happened. Sure, the whole thing could have been better had it not been so creepy from the get-go, but I was satisfied with the resolution as it was.

Oh man, I need this topic. For what I read, this probably are the worst for me:

AzuraxSilas: Silas being a dick and Azura like ocs, and then they marry

JokerxAlmost everyone: He is nice to Mozume, Azura, Kamui, and the siblings because they're Kamui family, but he is a jerk with other... And I love him for that, but really, poor Felicia(?)

AzamaxAnyone except Effie: I find every support except that shit, he is a dick, is funny, but marry him... Gods, no!!

PierixNo Lazward (or how the fuck that name is writing): she is a weird bitch, especially with Felicia, like, wtf?? She is trash.

TsubakixFelicia: He is a jerk... Well, he is always a jerk but this is agh!

SoleilxHer Mother: That is creepy as HECK, yes, she love her mother, but there is a limit beetwen love to being a weirdo with Edipo complex.

SoleilxOphelia: I can't see how someone can ship them, Soleil sexually harasses the poor Ophelia and the end... Is weird.

Sophie romantic supports are weird and well, boring, that is.

A lot of Hoshido support, I find them wors than Nohr one.

The weird fact is that I like SoleilxEponine supports, were funny

Edited by Truffa

Not sure I'd call it bad

But Shigure's sibling support with Selkie feels way off. Mr.Disney Princess knows how to talk to animals better than the girl who can turn into a fox.

Not sure I'd call it bad

But Shigure's sibling support with Selkie feels way off. Mr.Disney Princess knows how to talk to animals better than the girl who can turn into a fox.

Well, I mean

Selkie probably wants to eat them, so

A fox isn't gonna be good at talking to anything else but other foxes, they aren't gonna magically talk to say, bunnies

Not sure I'd call it bad

I still thought it was pretty cute. I just took it that her loud and energetic nature was agitating them. Yes, she is (technically) an animal but that doesn't stop the animals of being wary of her.

I guess.

Well, I mean

Selkie probably wants to eat them, so

A fox isn't gonna be good at talking to anything else but other foxes, they aren't gonna magically talk to say, bunnies

I still thought it was pretty cute. I just took it that her loud and energetic nature was agitating them. Yes, she is (technically) an animal but that doesn't stop the animals of being wary of her.

I guess.

Good points.

Just thought it was a little weird at first lol.

Not sure I'd call it bad

If it's a sibling support, then wouldn't Shigure be able to turn into a fox too?

I know this isnt much of a on topic but... good god this is like the 5/6th Worse/Bad things in Fates... yes we should complain when something is wrong but really? Im still waiting for the Worse/Bad weapons and everyone mentioning axes.... or im just getting so used to fanbases doing this kind of stuff... I dont know

But I can agree that Azama is an ass, even though I kinda liked the one with Arthur,is kinda silly... Soleil with most female characters was kinda weird, but at least the ones with most Males were kinda nice

Majority of Felicia's involve the other guy telling her that she's a horrible maid.

Also fun fact, Felicia is allergic to milk. No wonder why she's clumsy.

im having a brain fart

so where'd you find that felicia is allergic to milk and how does that make her clumsy?

Jakob x Anyone imo ( Don't like him and so far none of his supports really interest me.)

Azama: Same as above

Silas x Azura: "You might be a threat to my friend" to "I love you" Could've been done much better

Corrin x Hana: I love Hana but they made the support very lackluster. I like that she cares for her friend. If it were done similar to Kaze x Hana i would love it.

Oboro x Niles: Dislike every support conversation here except their A-Support.

Selena x Corrin: If the conversation was similar to Robin x Severa in the Hit spring scramble especially their S-Support this would have been much better

Ryoma x Camilla: "Hey let's talk about my brother."

Rinkah x Keaton: "We speak only when necessary. Now leave me alone" that is why i usually hope she ends up alone. Never really liked her.

Saizo x Setsuna: It's funny from Setsuna but Saizo is just an ass. Goes from "You're a garbage retainer" to "I actually care about you"

im having a brain fart

so where'd you find that felicia is allergic to milk and how does that make her clumsy?

she tells you she's allergic when she gives you milk bottles if you have the dairy farm in My Castle

As for bad supports, Saizo/Hinoka really took the cake for me.

I forgot to add another support to my bad list: the jpn Soleil/Forrest support. The jpn version is absolutely disgusting and I am glad it got changed. The eng version is a bit iffy, but at least it's not as bad as the jpn version.

Edited by Frelia

What happened in the JPN version of Soliel x Forrest?

The jpn version of Soleil/Forrest is so bad that it will be hard for me to describe it without cringing. Here's the translation of it: Soleil/Foleo

Edited by Frelia

What happened in the JPN version of Soliel x Forrest?

it was blatant sexual harrassment

basically

"ohhh you're such a cute girl..."

"i'm a guy.... please go away..."

"but you're so cuuuuute... how could you possibly be a guy..."

"i am"

"prove it"

"what the fuck"

"have a bath with me"

"please no"

"please... you adorable little girl...."

in the a support she apologizes i think but it's still terrible

Edited by maybe

it was blatant sexual harrassment

basically

"ohhh you're such a cute girl..."

"i'm a guy.... please go away..."

"but you're so cuuuuute... how could you possibly be a guy..."

"i am"

"prove it"

"what the fuck"

"have a bath with me"

"please no"

"please... you adorable little girl...."

in the a support she apologizes i think but it's still terrible

And she only apologises because she found out he's actually a boy. It's just not a good support.

Kinda off topic but I was kinda disappointed when I saw that Oboro and Mozume's support didn't revolve around them bonding over the fact that they both saw their parents slaughtered before their very eyes. The actual support is fine, but it bugs me that it falls into the trap of being a support between 2 characters that have a VERY clear thing they could talk about, but instead does something totally different, like, of the top of my head, Arthur and Percy. We could have had a support where C: Arthur is a bit uncomfortable about his son's awesome luck while his is poop, B: Arthur expresses his jealousy and insecurities to his son, and A: Percy is Percy and cheers his dad up and we get some self-actualization on Arthur's part.

Regarding the whole Soleil supports, I will say I enjoyed the S-support between Soleil and Corrin. It was nice to see an S-support end in starting a relationship rather than an instant jump to marriage, it felt like a more natural development than absurd like most of them.

I hated Benny and Corrin support lines. Corrin was such an asshole to Benny in that support it made me want to beat my own character. I really wish they had conversation choices like Mass Effect or something because that support line made me feel like shit.

I really dislike the Corrin/Hana supports. I know it shows Hana's loyalty to Sakura, but that doesn't make her being a bitch to Corrin any less petty. I mean, seriously! It's like showing your hate for FE13 by tinkling on Kozaki's suit. You can't blame Kozaki for FE13's flaws, and you can't blame Corrin for getting kidnapped by Nohr like he was.

I've mixed feelings about some other support chains, but this one rather got to me. :/