Bad/Horrible support conversations!

Michelaar

Silas x Felicia rather annoyed me.

I'm alright with Silas x Azura and Silas x Mozu but I just don't like Silas x Felicia at all. First he brought up that rumor to her which he should have just kept to himself or asked the Avatar before confronting her about it. While he does apologize for it, he apologizes by "teaching her to be less awful". Also, (and this goes for most of his supports), he's completely obsessed with the Avatar, but then with the Avatar themselves, he acts completely normal. I love him and all, but man does he have some weird dialogue.

I didn't like the Keaton x Avatar support (at least in Japanese, haven't actually read the English one yet) with the whole "treasure" thing but that might just be me. Kinda a shame though, because I liked him as a character a lot but reading that support made me dislike him a bit. His support with Nyx kinda redeems that, though imo.

Beyond that, I don't know. Most bad ones I either haven't read, or have been elaborated enough on here.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate how 90% of Felicia's supports are people fucking berating her. Oii....

I don't like most of her supports either. All of her supports seem to involve her clumsiness and after a while it gets old. Her support with Ryoma seems to be one of her better ones from what I have read so far. At least they talk about tiny sandwiches.

I was wondering. What do any of you think of Peri's supports? The only one that I read was her support with Laslow and I like that her backstory and the source of her issues have been talked about. I'm not a fan of her "blood for the blood god!" and "adult who talks like a child" gimmicks at all.

Edited by Frelia

I don't like most of her supports either. All of her supports seem to involve her clumsiness and after a while it gets old. Her support with Ryoma seems to be one of her better ones from what I have read so far. At least they talk about tiny sandwiches.

I was wondering. What do any of you think of Peri's supports? The only one that I read was her support with Laslow and I like that her backstory and the source of her issues have been talked about. I'm not a fan of her "blood for the blood god!" and "adult who talks like a child" gimmicks at all.

Depends, most of the support involving Peri is a hit or miss. Laslow is probably the best support with her, and the one that is actively pushed by the game. (Their support growth rate is much faster than others). Most of her supports really revolve around her blood! and childish gimmicks. So we get boring or uninteresting ones like Peri/Charlotte or Peri/Leo which spends most of their support talking about her killings. Then you get downright criminal ones where they don't even know what they are talking about like Hinata/Peri where their entire support is about a ribbon.

I think one of the better supports that I noticed are Kaden/Peri, where Kaden shows her how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly. It's not Laslow's level of course but it's pretty sweet for showing a natural progression.

Camilla x Ryoma, Saizo x Hinoka, Xander x Beruka

I like those characters but their supports together aren't very good. Cam/Ryo was slightly improved in the localization, but I still don't like it very much. I also find most Felicia supports to be annoying.

Also, while I don't hate the Xander x Charlotte support, I find it to be hugely disappointing because I love the shit out of the Japanese variant of their support and the English one is such a huge step down from it, imo.

Edited by RidellCrimea

The problem with Felicia is the same as with Setsuna: their gimmicks completely dominate the vast majority of their supports with little variation. I can't think of any real development or just interesting reveal about her character in any of her supports. She's one of the few characters who's better in the main story than in her supports - she's essentially the opposite of Xander.

As for Pieri, I still consider her to be one of the worst characters in the game not only because of her stupid gimmick, but because her being a psychopath reflects poorly upon the characters she interacts with when they don't treat her bloodthirst seriously. In the S support, Corrin "mother fucking goody two-shoes" Dragonborn, the protagonist and self-insert, says he'll hire "hardy folk who won't die when you hit them" - what the actual living fuck?

The problem with Felicia is the same as with Setsuna: their gimmicks completely dominate the vast majority of their supports with little variation. I can't think of any real development or just interesting reveal about her character in any of her supports. She's one of the few characters who's better in the main story than in her supports - she's essentially the opposite of Xander.

As for Pieri, I still consider her to be one of the worst characters in the game not only because of her stupid gimmick, but because her being a psychopath reflects poorly upon the characters she interacts with when they don't treat her bloodthirst seriously. In the S support, Corrin "mother fucking goody two-shoes" Dragonborn, the protagonist and self-insert, says he'll hire "hardy folk who won't die when you hit them" - what the actual living fuck?

No mention of how Peri looks like an edgy deviant-ART OC? Are you going soft Thane?

In the S support, Corrin "mother fucking goody two-shoes" Dragonborn, the protagonist and self-insert, says he'll hire "hardy folk who won't die when you hit them" - what the actual living fuck?

I read m!Corrin's support with Peri to look at the entire support and I regret reading it especially the s support. What in the world Corrin? You shouldn't be hiring hardy folk who won't die when hit (seriously why would you say something like this towards someone who openly talks about killing and has a history of murder?) you should be talking to her about her issues and helping her like Laslow. Goodness.

Edited by Frelia

No mention of how Peri looks like an edgy deviant-ART OC? Are you going soft Thane?

I...don't hate her design. She's a lunatic and she's got an eccentric taste but at least she's fully armored. Camilla, Orochi and Elise are still far worse, and Ryouma's design - even though he's a bit vain as often pointed out - still clashes with his personality. Maybe I just think she's okay because she's surrounded by those people.

I read m!Corrin's support with Peri to look at the entire support and I regret reading it especially the s support. What in the world Corrin? You shouldn't be hiring hardy folk who won't die when hit (seriously why would you say something like this towards someone who has a history of killing servants?) you should be talking to her about her issues and helping her like Laslow. Goodness.

I agree. In Laslow's support she at least has some development. I may now like that Laslow gets over her murdering people at random so quickly and thinks he was in the wrong for calling her out on it, but she at least admits she messed up and then also realizes that it might be a good idea to stop talking and acting like a child.

Really, I think there could've been a place in the game for Pieri if she didn't act so insufferably and people didn't treat her with silken gloves. I've seen people drawing comparisons to Henry but I'm just not seeing it, and at least certain people were terrified of him, like Olivia.

I can't bring myself to care about Peri's supports, other than the one she has with Laslow. She is too much of a blatant psychopath.

I do like the changes to the C-A rank of Corrin and Camilla but the S-rank feels like its out of nowhere.

CorrinxRahjat. People have already talked about this. Oddly enough, I like parent-child Kana-Rahjat supports however. Not abusive like Tharja was to her child. Granted, the convo is pretty generic but each mother still has their own unique lines for it.

Finally RyomaxCamilla. It just was.. underwhelming. I found Ryoma's overly long proposal/pledge and Camilla telling him more or less to shut up and kiss her funny though.

Look man Thane I know Ryoma better than you do, his design is fine, it's not even that detailed (if you want detailed you should look at some of mine) and I've drawn it enough times to be able to do it from memory now :B

I definitely like Ryoma/Camilla's S rank more than the C-A combined, which is quite the reverse of what I think about most other supports :P

I honestly think Sumeragi pulls of the Samurai-Lobster motif a bit better than Ryoma. He has that quirky mustache that reminds of me of Nobunaga's Ambition, for some reason.

I remember from an earlier thread, I was ragging really hard on Peri. My outlook on her is now somewhat neutral--I prefer her more as a unit because she has the FE version of Moxie. Her supports are a mixed bag for me--I really dug her support with Laslow and Odin because she showed some initiative in changing her ways over the course of them. The problem stems mostly from doing a support such as those, then going through a support line in which she reverts back to her original...eccentricity.

Her support with Xander irks me a bit, just because of how flippant he is. Then again, they are referring more to how Peri speaks to him in a casual manner--so her murder of servants isn't really brought up. Actually, I don't think its brought up as often as I initially thought it was. I will freely admit that I may have jumped to conclusions about Peri. I still only ship Xander with Charlotte, Laslow, Ryoma and Mozu, though.

I think I may have posted it already but I really didn't like Camilla x Ryoma--and, extension, Camilla x Jakob because of similarities. The fact that the game sort of lampshades how just about everyone in the army thinks of Corrinmui as the end-all-be-all with this support was both annoying and amusing. Its just one of those supports that makes me wish there was limited support pools again.

There are some admittedly founded rebuttals that just because there are fewer supports for each character, it doesn't mean the quality will be better--but the fact that two characters spends an entire support line talking about how they have nothing to talk about other than Corrinmui makes squint really hard. They bonded over Corrinmui. Okay...? I mean, people bond over more mundane things--people included--but...Corrinmui? Maybe I'm nitpicking.

Speaking of which, why are the royals only able to support each other, anyways? Obviously lineage or reputation have no baring in marriage in the Fates universe--Mozu shouldn't be able to marry several characters, if that was the case. Politcal alliances and such are valid reasons but they really make no mention of that--I mean, you can infer from their positions that alliances is one of the reason but... Again, I'm probably just nitpicking.

Eh.

Lilac-haired Shiro is ugly to me.

Speaking about Camilla I have heard from some people that most if not all her supports revolve around Kamui obsession and that she doesn't really have much depth otherwise. Is that true? I have read some of her supports and I can see where they are coming from(the Silas support was really hard for me to read).

Speaking about Camilla I have heard from some people that most if not all her supports revolve around Kamui obsession and that she doesn't really have much depth otherwise. Is that true? I have read some of her supports and I can see where they are coming from(the Silas support was really hard for me to read).

She has a great support with Niles, where she talks about how much the Nohr courts scarred her...and then it never comes up in any of her other supports. Most of them do revolve around Corrin or don't develop her character much.

So while she does have some depth, it's left mostly unexplored. Such a missed opportunity.

Kana (M) and Caeldori. Their supports in the JP version of the game were my favorite. Now Kana (M) gets rejected by most of the female cast (Selkie's apparently the only exception) and that's the most annoying part about the NA versions of the child supports in my opinion.

On 29/03/2016 at 8:53 PM, SaiSymbolic said:

Kana (M) can't even marry Midori?

Nope. The only girl that accepts his confession is Kinu.

Edited by Matt-hue

That's stupid, to put it bluntly. If anything, it should be Percy and Midori that can marry the Kanas--but what do I know?

B-but SaiSymbolic, Percy and Midori are adults! They can't marry a child like Kana! It would be very sinful.

But he could in the JP version?

Yes, both Kanas were able to marry all the other kiddos (unless they were their sibling) in Japanese version.

Kana (M) and Caeldori. Their supports in the JP version of the game were my favorite. Now Kana (M) gets rejected by most of the female cast (Selkie's apparently the only exception) and that's the most annoying part about the NA versions of the child supports in my opinion.

Hey, at least the hubba tester/sage match will still treat them like their husband and wife (and they would still be able to say their lovers' lines to each other)!

Edited by December Knight

Yes, both Kanas were able to marry all the other kiddos (unless they were their sibling) in Japanese version.

Hey, at least the hubba tester/sage match will still treat them like their husband and wife (and they would still be able to say their lovers' lines to each other)!

Wow, can't believe they removed it from the game then. How ridiculous.

I agree. However, I don't believe Azama is particularly popular for that very reason, even if he's got a few good lines. Jakob, on the other hand, seems to be very well-liked and I just don't see why. I'd never be able to stand someone brown nosing me, and if I found out my subordinate had gone out of his way to insult people and make their lives generally more difficult, I would've fired him immediately.

Jakob won a lot of points from me on his initial support with the Avatar. I still get a chuckle when he tells her/him that she may not be independent. I know it's almost creepy to be that obsessed, but it was still funny. I liked Jakob/Camilla for a similar reason. Their competition was actually true to both characters.

As for Soleil.....I still love her, but that girl needs sexual harassment training. I think Ophelia got what was coming to her though in the B support.