Bad/Horrible support conversations!

Michelaar

I think it's less about people liking them as a couple and more about people liking the +7 SPD Shigure and Midori get from it.

...but I can agree with this. It's inconsistent with their characters--Azura has trust issues, but opens up way too fast when it's established they've never really had a conversation before the C-support, and Kaze switches between his formal self and a suddenly teasing troll seemingly on a whim. It's jarring.

Oh, I know people like to do it for the eugenics, however I have also seen cases in which they actually like the supports

I'd like to add Azura/Takumi and Azura/Ryoma to that list. Azura's C-A with them are both very cute and heartwarming...and about them growing closer as siblings. The transition from that to S is just...no. It throws away that lovely message in C-A, why would you do that.

Oh absolutely, if I had thought of that while making my list I definitely would have included them alongside Corrin/Xander and Corrin/Leo.

Edited by Corbin

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xander/F!Corrin

That support was fine(if a bit boring) as a sibling support. As a romantic support it just doesn't make sense as it has one of the worst buildups ever. All they talk about is training with their sword from C-A and Xander suddenly decided to bang his adopted sister who he was raised with, in his S-support. No romantic buildup whatsover. Combine the no buildup with the fact that Xander still sees Corrin as his sister if you look through the story and you get the idea.

I cannot fathom why this pairing is so popular. Sure you guys have your preferences but please dont say because of chemistry. Because as a lover pairing they don't have any chemistry whatsover.

Edited by RadiantDragon

Solieil/Everybody Really: The actual reason Solieil can't S-Support girls isn't because she's not gay, but because no woman, gay or otherwise, could fall for someone with precisely zero self-control

Ryoma/Camilia: it's already been said, but at least the S Support was amazing:

"Just remove that Chin Armor and kiss me you fool!"

that is an actual line.

All of Peri's Supports bar Laslow: a massive fucking crybaby who kills people for fun. this character was intented to be likable?

Xander/F!Corrin

That support was fine(if a bit boring) as a sibling support. As a romantic support it just doesn't make sense as it has one of the worst buildups ever. All they talk about is training with their sword from C-A and Xander suddenly decided to bang his adopted sister who he was raised with, in his S-support. No romantic buildup whatsover. Combine the no buildup with the fact that Xander still sees Corrin as his sister if you look through the story and you get the idea.

I cannot fathom why this pairing is so popular. Sure you guys have your preferences but please dont say because of chemistry. Because as a lover pairing they don't have any chemistry whatsover.

I honestly don't like any of the Corrin/sibling supports as romantic supports; for Hoshido, it's because it's because Corrin and the Hoshido siblings think they're blood-related for all of the time they spend together, and also Mikoto plays matchmaker for them beyond the grave, for Nohr it's because three of the siblings treat Corrin like a child and one of them is has at the very least the mentality of a child, and for both it's because all siblings on both sides have thought as Corrin as a sibling for most/all of their lives, why are they suddenly all okay with boning him/her?

Anyway, on the topic at hand, Dwyer/Nina is awful. It's about Nina being a fujoshi like a lot of her supports, but it also has Nina acting like a creep and spying on Dwyer at all times (seriously Nina, why are you watching Dwyer in the bath?!) just so she can set him up with someone and fulfill her fantasies.

I honestly don't like any of the Corrin/sibling supports as romantic supports; for Hoshido, it's because it's because Corrin and the Hoshido siblings think they're blood-related for all of the time they spend together, and also Mikoto plays matchmaker for them beyond the grave, for Nohr it's because three of the siblings treat Corrin like a child and one of them is has at the very least the mentality of a child, and for both it's because all siblings on both sides have thought as Corrin as a sibling for most/all of their lives, why are they suddenly all okay with boning him/her?

I concur.

Edited by Corbin

All of Peri's Supports bar Laslow: a massive fucking crybaby who kills people for fun. this character was intented to be likable?

When it comes to Pieri's supports you just have to try to find the least horrible ones - Laslow's is alright and Hinata's is...not offensive? Then you've got the ones like with Keaton where he's all like "yeah no, you can't go hunting with me because you'd kill too much, but I'm not as picky when it comes to you killing humans. Now let's get married".

Edited by Thane

I really don't understand why they added in they "hey, we're not your sister/brother" letter to Hoshido's Sibling Romances. I mean, if you were planning on S-Supporting your fictional brother/sister you probably didn't give a shit to begin with.

I really don't understand why they added in they "hey, we're not your sister/brother" letter to Hoshido's Sibling Romances. I mean, if you were planning on S-Supporting your fictional brother/sister you probably didn't give a shit to begin with.

Because that way they can appeal to fetishes and still say "look, we don't condone incest at all!". I mean, I realize cousins can still get married, but that's legal in Japan, so it's not the same thing.

Because that way they can appeal to fetishes and still say "look, we don't condone incest at all!". I mean, I realize cousins can still get married, but that's legal in Japan, so it's not the same thing.

And legal in some states in the US. Also, that would probably explain the complete irrelevance that the revelation of Corrin and Azura being cousins has to the overall story and the characters.

Edited by Magpul21

And legal in some states in the US. Also, that would probably explain the complete irrelevance that the revelation of Corrin and Azura being cousins has to the overall story and the characters.

All of Europe, too. Basically, it's legal everywhere but part of the US.

That doesn't excuse the irrelevancy of that plot point, though. I mean, okay, that explains why they don't make a big deal about "oh I married my cousin", but there's no mention of it again. Ever. You'd think it'd at least be mentioned that Corrin being Azura's cousin could cause a succession crisis.

Yeah, all of the Kamui/sibling supports are awful. There is absolutely no romantic chemistry between any of them, and Kamui's support with Camilla shows that CLEARLY they're not okay with big sis acting overly friendly with them. So why the sudden change in mind? Because they're the self-insert? Man, IS, if you wanted us to bang everyone next time don't give the self-insert any siblings! For the most part, the sibling supports are nice in the C-A. It's just the stupid S-support that ruins things. Same logic with Aqua, who seems nothing but sibling-ly with Ryouma and Takumi. I'm … still trying to decide what the hell her supports with Leon and Marx are.

For me... I hasn't seen a Silas support that I liked... I hasn't read all of his supports, but man... The ones I readed, are terrible for me... Now I feel awfull for marrying poor Orochi to him in Revelations! This file was supposed to be my "main file" for online and streetpass, but now I want to create another one because he was a total jerk with her... At least he has the decensy of calling himself a jerk, but ugh... I need to re-arrange my pairings to give Orochi someone better (and to find someone with a decent support with Silas)

I also don't like all the S supports of Corrin with the royal siblings, C to A are ok, but S! Nope... And maybe some of the kids S support with Corrin too, nope nope but that is most because I find not ok to marry the small kids.

Ah, and... I didn't liked how Oboro support with Niles was handled either, the S support feels to come out from nowhere... I feel that is not right to let her marry someone from Nohr, since surpassing her hate towards a nation it can't be THAT fast and easy but... I like the idea of her learning to getting along with them, but marriage sound too much for someone with big issues like her. Well, that's just my opinion of course, I can be wrong.

Ah, and... I didn't liked how Oboro support with Niles was handled either, the S support feels to come out from nowhere... I feel that is not right to let her marry someone from Nohr, since surpassing her hate towards a nation it can't be THAT fast and easy but... I like the idea of her learning to getting along with them, but marriage sound too much for someone with big issues like her. Well, that's just my opinion of course, I can be wrong.

I agree with you on this. I didn't like Oboro/Niles as a romantic support either. The C-A was a good "building block" for overcoming the Hoshido-Nohr tensions between them, and I thought it was a pretty nice way of showing how these two characters who can be really … antagonistic were honestly trying to get along for the sake of their lords and for this army that was now one big army. As a romantic support, though? Where the actual fuck is this suddenly coming from …?

Actually, I kind of feel this way for the majority of the Hoshido/Nohr supports. Sure, some of them are really nicely written, but a lot of the Hoshidans and Nohrians have much closer ties to someone on their own side, and I can't realistically see them picking an opposite-country romantic partner in that short of time over someone they have closer bonds with on their own side.

(That said, I don't think cross-country supports are bad. Just that the romantic aspect doesn't hit me as being quite as good as the same-country supports.)

Or would've caused some awkwardness between the two of them if you had your avatar marry her. Or just in general...

It being legal in their time period (medieval ages, remember) means there wouldn't be any awkwardness, because they'd see it as normal and not really something to care about.

For me... I hasn't seen a Silas support that I liked... I hasn't read all of his supports, but man... The ones I readed, are terrible for me... Now I feel awfull for marrying poor Orochi to him in Revelations! This file was supposed to be my "main file" for online and streetpass, but now I want to create another one because he was a total jerk with her... At least he has the decensy of calling himself a jerk, but ugh... I need to re-arrange my pairings to give Orochi someone better (and to find someone with a decent support with Silas)

Oh god, Silas is so hard to pair off. I thought he was just a nice bro at first, but he can be surprisingly judgmental at times. And when he isn't, the supports don't lay the groundworks for romance very well. The only ones of his that I thought were okay, romantically, are Mozu, Effie, Hinoka and Oboro.

For me... I hasn't seen a Silas support that I liked... I hasn't read all of his supports, but man... The ones I readed, are terrible for me... Now I feel awfull for marrying poor Orochi to him in Revelations! This file was supposed to be my "main file" for online and streetpass, but now I want to create another one because he was a total jerk with her... At least he has the decensy of calling himself a jerk, but ugh... I need to re-arrange my pairings to give Orochi someone better (and to find someone with a decent support with Silas).

Oh god, Silas is so hard to pair off. I thought he was just a nice bro at first, but he can be surprisingly judgmental at times. And when he isn't, the supports don't lay the groundworks for romance very well. The only ones of his that I thought were okay, romantically, are Mozu, Effie, Hinoka and Oboro.

You two have clearly not experienced the OTP glory that is Silas/Beruka.

That is the best support any character has across all 3 versions and I will not hear otherwise

Have I said how much I don't like Takumi/Hinoka?

Idk that support just... it rubs me the wrong way. It's not really entertaining to read or anything.

You two have clearly not experienced the OTP glory that is Silas/Beruka.

That is the best support any character has across all 3 versions and I will not hear otherwise

I...actually don't like Silas and Beruka's supports that much, though I don't think they're bad per se. Probably because the "you can't cry, so I will cry for you" and "you don't understand emotions? clearly I can and must teach you how to!" tropes are so overplayed to me, Beruka's lack of understanding emotions is played up to once again make Silas look like such a good guy for going out of his way to help her, their S-Support lacks any sort of chemistry, and my own dislike of Silas. They're certainly not as bad as some of his other supports, but she definitely has better romantic supports.

Since I just finished filling out her non-S Support log, I'm going to honestly say that I hate most of Peri's unique supports, and the ones I don't I mostly just find bland (Kagero, Hinata, Xander, etc). The absolute worst have to be Peri/Charlotte and Peri/Laslow because Charlotte and Laslow are way too okay with Peri's indiscriminate murdering (especially Laslow in their A Support, who seems to completely forget the whole "murder" thing once Peri tells him her tragic backstory), and Peri/Felicia which I'm pretty sure is supposed to be funny but really isn't.

Edited by AzureSen

Beruka feels like a bit of a missed opportunity. I get what they wanted to do with that character, and I like it, but they don't quite deliver. There's a big difference between not feeling much and feeling nothing at all and not understanding emotions in general. That exaggeration hurts her development, since with the current support system, any romantic support will come out of the blue by default, even more so than many others.

She also suffers from the Cordelia syndrome: the more supports she gets, the worse it is for her character.

Edited by Thane

Since I just finished filling out her non-S Support log, I'm going to honestly say that I hate most of Peri's unique supports, and the ones I don't I mostly just find bland (Kagero, Hinata, Xander, etc). The absolute worst have to be Peri/Charlotte and Peri/Laslow because Charlotte and Laslow are way too okay with Peri's indiscriminate murdering (especially Laslow in their A Support, who seems to completely forget the whole "murder" thing once Peri tells him her tragic backstory)

Actually, no, he doesn't. Once she tells him her tragic backstory, he comforts her, which is a natural reaction, but then he teaches her a lesson about not killing indiscriminately. He asks her if she remembers how she felt when her mom died, and when she confirms yes, tells her that she should remember that when she kills someone, she's making someone else feel that same pain. It quiets her and makes her agree to try and stop being such a killer.

Laslow is the only one in the army who actually goes through with telling her that what she's doing is wrong. Even Corrin, resident goody-two-shoes, gets derailed in their support into saying "I'll just BUY a bunch of servants for you to murder" and Xander has absolutely no regard for the future of his country or men by keeping her around and marrying her.

Laslow is the only one in the army who actually goes through with telling her that what she's doing is wrong. Even Corrin, resident goody-two-shoes, gets derailed in their support into saying "I'll just BUY a bunch of servants for you to murder" and Xander has absolutely no regard for the future of his country or men by keeping her around and marrying her.

Pretty sure Xander is clueless and has no regards for anything anyway, given his role in the main story.

Actually, no, he doesn't. Once she tells him her tragic backstory, he comforts her, which is a natural reaction, but then he teaches her a lesson about not killing indiscriminately. He asks her if she remembers how she felt when her mom died, and when she confirms yes, tells her that she should remember that when she kills someone, she's making someone else feel that same pain. It quiets her and makes her agree to try and stop being such a killer.

That's not how their A Support goes. He spends most of it comforting her over her mother's death, and only brings up her killing habits at the very end. Specifically, what he says is: "Can you take a moment before you kill someone? Remember how you felt when your mother died. Think about if they deserve that." He's appealing to a sense of empathy that Peri has repeatedly shown to not have for the people she kills. While he may not know the extent of her lack of empathy, I certainly do, and that's what makes the entire support ring hollow for me. Also, Peri's response doesn't indicate that she's actually learned why her indiscriminate murder is bad, she just says "I might not remember all the time, but I'll try to think about it." She didn't understand in their B-Support or any of her other supports, why should I think that she magically does in their A-Support just because she remembered her mother's murder? (This is more directed at the game.)

What Laslow does in their A-Support barely counts as telling her what she does is wrong, and the fact that he completely softens his approach after hearing her backstory doesn't help. Maybe "completely forget" is the wrong phrasing, but he's far too forgiving given how in their B-Support he is very disapproving of her actions and in general really values human life. Which only leads me to two conclusions: 1( That he's over-empathizing with her because they both lost mothers when they were young and/or 2( Just like Xander and M!Corrin, he's willing to overlook/enable her "habits" if it means a chance to marry/bed her.

(Peri is kind of the inverse of Beruka; the more supports Peri gets, the worse it is for everyone else's character.)

Edited by AzureSen