Bad/Horrible support conversations!

Michelaar

At first, Azura x Niles seemed pretty sweet. By all means, it's an OK support, but the S conversation was... Really not worth it, IMO. I feel like there just wasn't enough content. A lot of supports focus around one thing, but this one just felt lacking. I dunno...

Agreed! I married the two because their first couple conversations were pretty interesting. It seemed like they connected in a way I hadn't seen before. But then their S conversation was "let's agree to stay at a distance from each other because we both feel comfortable with that... forever, with marriage". It was bizarre. "Not enough content" is not a bad way to describe it.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After re-reading it and thinking on it (and what a friend pointed out), I think Asugi/Soleil is kinda bad.

Their C-A ranks are okay for the most part, it's a Soleil support after all, but their "S" rank was kinda... weird. Like, Asugi is really desperate (and almost obsessive) to preserve his friendship with Soleil, if she ever got a girlfriend. It would make you think Asugi has never heard that someone can have more then one friend, which Soleil herself mentions in the same freaking rank!

Soleil : "For cripes' sake, Asugi... To hear you talk, it's impossible to have more than one friend at once."

...And now that I think about it, some of Soleil's "S" ranks (other then her S ranks with Forrest and male!avatar) have this as well. Like, why make some of them obsess over their friendship with Soleil. Why, do that? It's really weird and in some ways, can make them look kinda bad.

Think about it, it can make they seem like they are obsessive and/or desperate for Soleil's affection* and friendship. It can make it seem like they just can't handle the idea of Soleil having a other friends and/or girlfriend. Something I don't think a good relationship should be, whether it's platonic or not. Like, compare how many times [insert male character, that's not Forrest/male!avatar, here] that mentions how they are friends and/or their friendship compared to Soleil in their "S" ranks.

[*. Soleil's platonic affection, of course.]

I dunno, maybe I'm overlooking things but that's how I felt about Asugi/Soleil (and I guess Soleil/others).

Edited by December Knight

Ya'll... I just watched Shiro/Fem!Kana support. I'm in a bit of a predicament.

So, the support is kind of stupid―especially the S-rank. Just some silliness, really. It was actually...kind of cute.

So cute, in fact, that I...sort of...ship...them together...a little bit...

Therein lies the problem.

Because of that useless support line, I've been having some strange thoughts and urges since then. The thought of them together makes me squeal at the cuteness and I keep imagining that Shiro waits for Fem!Kana to grow up so they can be together. But the stupidity and just nothingness of the support tears away at my being and I know the feelings that I have are wrong and shameful!

HeLp Me GuIz

Ye but it was a pretty bad support

I actually like Laslow and Hana's support. Not really in terms of character development, but I found it funny as hell. I do agree Hinata and Peri wasn't that good though. I also thought Ryoma and Camilla was especially dull compared to supports between the siblings from both kingdoms.

That is great! Yeah, it was funny however, I felt like there are better ways to approach the topic rather than being all about lipsticks and that Hana is obsessed with the Sakura motif. It is kinda like the conversation Inigo had with Mia in Smash Brethren. There is a lot of potential, but it fall short for cheap humor. I am still happy that you liked it, because it is really hard to find anyone who liked Laslow x Hana.

Yeah, Hinata and Peri...I don't know what the writers were thinking when they came up with that one. Ryoma and Camilla is just unfortunate, that the only thing they can talk about is the MU.

One support I didn't like was MCorrin's supports with Orochi, they fall under the same "hey, we've barely even gotten to know each other meaningfully! Let's get married!" category that Cherche's does.

...And now that I think about it, some of Soleil's "S" ranks (other then her S ranks with Forrest and male!avatar) have this as well. Like, why make some of them obsess over their friendship with Soleil. Why, do that? It's really weird and in some ways, can make them look kinda bad.

Think about it, it can make they seem like they are obsessive and/or desperate for Soleil's affection* and friendship. It can make it seem like they just can't handle the idea of Soleil having a other friends and/or girlfriend. Something I don't think a good relationship should be, whether it's platonic or not. Like, compare how many times [insert male character, that's not Forrest/male!avatar, here] that mentions how they are friends and/or their friendship compared to Soleil in their "S" ranks.

You can put the blame on Treehouse and their "infinite wisdom" for how Soleil's S-ranks feel so flat for most of her supports. Looking through the Japanese translation, it does end with that Soleil and whoever she's talking to admitting to have developed romantic feelings and such. I don't know. It just feels like Treehouse decided to pigeonhole Soleil into her character troupe than what the Japanese version did to her with the whole pushing to remain friends.

Edited by Just_Oneofakind

You can put the blame on Treehouse and their "infinite wisdom" for how Soleil's S-ranks feel so flat for most of her supports. Looking through the Japanese translation, it does end with that Soleil and whoever she's talking to admitting to have developed romantic feelings and such. I don't know. It just feels like Treehouse decided to pigeonhole Soleil into her character troupe than what the Japanese version did to her with the whole pushing to remain friends.

Oh yeah, I know that much. I was pointing it out since I just realized it with Asugi/Soleil (and Soleil's other S ranks).

To be honest, I think Treehouse should have just fixed Soleil's supports with male!avatar, Forrest, Ophelia, Ignatius, and her mother be to less awful and/or not as bad and call it a day. But honestly, I think Treehouse tried to have their cake and eat it too but it just doesn't work half of the time and it feels contradictory and/or forced in most cases. In my opinion, anyway.

Corrin is literally the only person Azama isn't a complete dick to.

I would only pair Azama up with Orochi, Hana, or Setsuna. Orochi 'cause she's like the only one who can keep up with him and troll him back; Hana 'cause she wouldn't take shit from him; and Setsuna 'cause she's too oblivious to his insults.

That's 2 more than Camilla's supports I liked >_<

Ryoma and Camilla was disappointing. Hinoka and Xander's was so cute; despite Hinoka's obsession with Corrin, their support managed to be something not about Corrin. I wished Ryoma and Camilla's was like that too. The only part of the support I liked was at the end of the S (and only because I found it funny), where Ryoma was awkward about it and Camilla's like "remove that chin armor and kiss me already" XD

I love Odin, but unfortunately I don't like most of his romantic supports. Most people don't seem to get his... dramatic-ness, or barely tolerate it. This includes his support with Corrin. I married him in Conquest 'cause I personally like Odin's odd ways, but Corrin doesn't seem to agree with me, she seems to have just "gotten used to it" :( It's not as bad as Odin and Azura though, where she just brushes him off :(

Azama X Kagerou, localization killed it.

In the japanese version you understand why she gets mad (because of that you learned that she's insecure about her look and her body), in the US version however she flips her shit for no reason at all.

If you show the C support to someone who doesn't know anything about the game, he will see Azama asking two questions to Kagerou and Kagerou getting mad becaaaaause ? Well, there is no because since the original reason of her madness got scrapped.

Also : a lot of S support feel forced ; example : Azama C to A are all amazing, except the localized with Kagerou, but let's be honest his S support are shit and unecessary (apart from Effie maybe) ; but Azama is not the only one in this case, S support are bad for the most part.

Edited by Tharne

Uh...am I the only person who also does same-sex supports? And Female Corrin/Robin Supports?

Of the supports I've seen so far, Saizo x Hinoka made zero sense to me. Their getting married felt totally random given the narrative up to that point: "We suspect you of being a spy which we knew all along you weren't. Let's get married!" It's like they didn't even try to make their pairing interesting. I mean on the one hand, they probably didn't interact much since Saizo is always shadowing Ryoma when he's not on a mission. Even if Hinoka said she wanted to get to know her brother's shadow better would have been more interesting >.>;

On Solei: Everyone remembers the fallout from the JP Male!Corrin x Solei supports. As everyone knows, Solei is a lesbian or at least it's implied. Anyway for those who don't know, in the JP version of Corrin x Solei's Support it's implied Corrin drugs Solei to make her straight and get her to fall in love with her. That's the big reveal in their S Support: He uses an herb he mentions he found in their C Support to make a drug he secretly uses on her. The drug makes Solei see him as a woman so she will open up to him. By S rank she's basically been made straight as Corrin planned.

...Obviously this narrative wouldn't have been well received in America so it was changed. I mean both the Dating Drug and "curing Gay". Nintendo changed it completely though I haven't seen the localized version of their support yet.

On Solei: Everyone remembers the fallout from the JP Male!Corrin x Solei supports. As everyone knows, Solei is a lesbian or at least it's implied. Anyway for those who don't know, in the JP version of Corrin x Solei's Support it's implied Corrin drugs Solei to make her straight and get her to fall in love with her. That's the big reveal in their S Support: He uses an herb he mentions he found in their C Support to make a drug he secretly uses on her. The drug makes Solei see him as a woman so she will open up to him. By S rank she's basically been made straight as Corrin planned.

...Obviously this narrative wouldn't have been well received in America so it was changed. I mean both the Dating Drug and "curing Gay". Nintendo changed it completely though I haven't seen the localized version of their support yet.

notto_disu_shitto_agen_by_reshiradragon-

Alright, for the first and last time: Soleil was not a lesbian in the original JPN game. From her S-support with Foleo (Forrest):

Foleo: Then are boys unacceptable? As, um... romantic partners...?

Soleil: I wouldn't say unacceptable, but girls are preferable by far.

She's bi with a female preference, that's not lesbian. Corrin did not have to "drug her straight" because she was ALREADY attracted to guys. ADDITIONALLY, as seen here, the potion was meant to cure her fainting problem around girls, not change her sexuality in any way, shape or form, and he never intended to use it to make her fall for him. He wanted to help her get over her fainting problem, not her attraction to girls.

Actually read the supports before you go off parroting rumors, because that's exactly how Soleilgate got started in the first place.

I'm sorry if this was harsh but I am so DONE seeing this shit pop up over and over again

Edited by Abvora

Which one? English or Japanese?

The Japanese one had Caeldori admitting that she was jealous of Rhajat's figure and Rhajat figured to "help" Caeldori get over her insecurities with her body by making her not ashamed of showing if off with a talisman (Reverse of the Cordelia and Tharja's Summer Scramble conversation), complete with removing and putting the talisman back on.

Since I don't read the japanese one yet, the english one, is boring as hell, well, Matoi supports in general are boring as hell for me, well, with Cordelia was the same