Best birthright pairings!

Kaze-Kaze

Here's the Birthright list, this is based on most similar growth rates so mods are ignored.

Oboro!Shiro - Jack of All Stats (except magic)

Sakura!Asugi - Magic Glass Cannon Knight

Setsuna!Selkie - Mage Killing Fragile Speedster

Kagero!Dwyre - Stormtrooper

Mozu!Midori - Fragile Speedster

Rinkah!Kiragi - Speedy Tank

Hinoka!Caeldori - Jack of All Stats (except magic)

Hana!Hisame - Glass Cannon

Azura!Sophie - Glass Cannon

Felicia!Mitama - Fragile Speedster Combat Medic

Orochi!Rhajat - Squishy Glass Cannon Wizard

If there are pairings you would rather have, I would gladly reoptimize.

Scarlet can only support with Corrin, so she has no options when it comes to pairings

Yeah I want all of the kids so my Corrin will marry her I'm just looking for a good boon and bane to compliment her stats.

Mods are what matters and a lesser degree skills if you don't want to bother looking too hard in MyCastle or have no access to it. Ignore Growth rates outside Conquest as you can grind in Birthright and Revelation to fix them.

Thanks for the tip!

Scarlet has some pretty good mods (+2 Str, +1 Spd, -1 Lck, -2 Res). She's built to be a physical attacker, so as long as you don't do something weird like +Mag or +Lck, you should be fine. My current Birthright file has +Spd/-Res, but stuff like +Str/-Def works too.

Scarlet has some pretty good mods (+2 Str, +1 Spd, -1 Lck, -2 Res). She's built to be a physical attacker, so as long as you don't do something weird like +Mag or +Lck, you should be fine. My current Birthright file has +Spd/-Res, but stuff like +Str/-Def works too.

Yes I decided plus strength would be the right way to go so that I have an amazingly good physical attacking Kanna.

Yeah I want all of the kids so my Corrin will marry her I'm just looking for a good boon and bane to compliment her stats.

Scarlet gives these mods based off SF's list.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/maximum-stats/

+2 Str

+1 Spd

-1 Luck

-2 Res

Based off that the best Boon/Bane for pairing Corrin with her would be +Str/-Def or +Spd/-Lck

+Str/-Def

+4 Str

+2 Skill

-1 Lck

-1 Def

-1 Res

Add both mods together...

+6 Str

+2 Skill

+1 Spd

-2 Lck

-1 Def

-3 Res

Since Scarlet is a First Gen it means that Kana gets +1 to her Modifiers based off that same SF list.

[Children

The modifiers for children characters are equal to (their father’s modifiers + their mother’s modifiers +1). If your Avatar pairs with a children character, Kana does not receive the +1 to his/her modifiers.]

Thus...

+7 Str

+3 Skill

+2 Spd

-1 Lck

-2 Res

Now, let's look at +Speed/-Luck for the Avatar.

-1 Str

-1 Mag

+2 Skl

+4 Spd

-1 Lck

Added together with Scarlet...

+1 Str

-1 Mag

+2 Skl

+5 Spd

-2 Lck

-2 Res

And with the First Gen bonus...

+2 Str

+3 Skl

+6 Spd

-1 Lck

-1 Res

+Str/-Lck gives the following mods to Corrin:

+3 Str

-1 Mag

+2 Skl

-3 Lck

+2 Def

(source: the top of my head, go look this up)

Since -Lck cuts into Str without giving a positive modifier to Spd, it's not really worth having IMO.

EDIT: The magical page we get our numbers from.

Edited by eclipse

Plus strength minus luck is what I'm going for would that alter the defense stat by a lot?

If you want Str then -Def is somehow a really good choice for it. Pretty surprising how the mods turn out.

-Def without +Str hurts too much, that's a big Def drop.

If you want Str then -Def is somehow a really good choice for it. Pretty surprising how the mods turn out.

Wow I was just worried Corrin and Kanna will have horrible defense. But if they work well together I'll go for it.

Okay, I messed around with this.

https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/

+Spd/-Lck Avatar

+2 Str ~ +0 Mag ~ +3 Skill ~ +6 Spd ~ -1 Lck ~ +1 Def ~ -1 Res

Azura x Takumi ~ Shigure

+2 Str ~ +1 Mag ~ +5 Skill ~ +2 Spd ~ +2 Lck ~ -2 Def ~ -1 Res

Jakob x Oboro ~ Dwyer

+4 Str ~ -2 Mag ~ +4 Skill ~ +2 Spd ~ -1 Lck ~ +2 Def ~ -1 Res

Silas x Rinkah ~ Sophie

+1 Str ~ +1 Mag ~ +1 Skill ~ +2 Spd ~ +0 Lck ~ +3 Def ~ +0 Res

Kaze x Sakura ~ Midori

-1 Str ~ +3 Mag ~ +2 Skill ~ +6 Spd ~ -2 Lck ~ -3 Def ~ +0 Res

Ryoma x Kagero ~ Shiro

+5 Str ~ +1 Mag ~ +2 Skill ~ +1 Spd ~ +2 Lck ~ -2 Def ~ +0 Res

Azura x Takumi ~ Kiragi

+2 Str ~ +1 Mag ~ +5 Skill ~ +2 Spd ~ +2 Lck ~ -2 Def ~ -1 Res

Saizo x Mozu ~ Asugi

+2 Str ~ +1 Mag ~ +5 Skill ~ +0 Spd ~ +2 Lck ~ +2 Def ~ -3 Res

Kaden x Setsuna ~ Selkie

+2 Str ~ +1 Mag ~ -1 Skill ~ +6 Spd ~ +1 Lck ~ -2 Def ~ +2 Res

Hinata x Hana ~ Hisame

+3 Str ~ +1 Mag ~ +1 Skill ~ +1 Spd ~ +0 Lck ~ +0 Def ~ +2 Res

Azama x Felcia ~ Mitama

+1 Str ~ +0 Mag ~ +1 Skill ~ +3 Spd ~ +1 Lck ~ +1 Def ~ +2 Res

Subaki x Hinoka ~ Caeldori

+1 Str ~ +0 Mag ~ +2 Skill ~ +0 Spd ~ +0 Lck ~ +3 Def ~ +2 Res

Hayato x Orochi ~ Rhajat

+1 Str ~ +5 Mag ~ +2 Skill ~ +1 Spd ~ +1 Lck ~ -2 Def ~ +1 Res

Note -

Couldn't really place Rinkah anywhere so Silas got lucky and gets to marry the Flame Tribe Princess. Wanted Ryoma x Rinkah but Kagero gives crazy good mods for Shiro. Only Scarlet or Corrin would be better as a waifu for Ryoma in Birthright. Too bad Ryoma cannot support Scarlet.

Sakura was a hard fit as Orochi and Felcia seem to be better magical parents. So I placed her with Kaze as her mods are okay, other than -2 Lck, and she gives Miracle. +6 Spd is nice too.

Really wanted Kaden x Azura based off their cute supports but Setsuna is the superior mother between Setsuna and Azura for Selkie. Azura is also a great mother for Kiragi. I blame Takumi.

Asugi has a ton of mothers that gives -Spd... He's a Ninja, stop it! I blame Saizo.

Don't really like Hisame so his stats are average. At the very least Hinata and Hana have great skills to pass to him thanks to MyCastle hunting. So he'll still turn out better than the 1st gen other than Corrin and the Royals for me anyway.

Not a lot of magic children on just Birthright so Orochi is stuck with Hayato for magical Rhajat.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

. . .but Azama is physical? Here's what I did, for the "magical" kids:

- Hayato x Felicia: Rhajat gets Tomefaire on her own, so all she needs IMO is someone with good magical mods. Like our favorite clumsy maid.

- Saizou x Sakura: Believe it or not, Asugi's a decent mage. He can be used as a magical chipper, utilizing Poison Strike for guaranteed damage.

- Kaze x Orochi: Kaze starts with -2 STR, so I figured a nice magical mom who likes the extra Speed works. And it does, if you don't mind being silly with the build.

Azama likes any physical mom, and Mitama can reclass accordingly.

Felicia doesn't hurt Mitama that much and Mitama isn't as offensive as the other physical kids demanding the physical mothers. So she didn't get priority and Felicia is better for Mitama than Orochi. Mitama also has a personal skill better suited for supporting than offensiveness. However, Rinkah would be a great choice here if you want a physical Mitama but than another kid is stuck with Felicia.

Sakura gives easy access to Miracle so less of a headache for me. I'm iffy on Magical Asugi as Magical Shurikens have stiff penalties. No Crits and Special Skills... Ouchies. I also hate that -3 Spd.

You do have valid points though.

If I moved Felicia though...

How about...

Silas x Mozu ~ Sophie

+2 Str ~ +1 Mag ~ +4 Skl ~ +2 Spd ~ +1 Lck ~ +1 Def ~ -2 Res

Felicia x Saizo ~ Asugi

+0 Str ~ +3 Mag ~ +4 Skl ~ +0 Spd ~ +1 Lck ~ +1 Def ~ +0 Res

Azama x Rinkah ~ Mitama

+2 Str ~ -2 Mag ~ -1 Skl ~ +3 Spd ~ +1 Lck ~ +4 Def ~ +1 Res

I think you missed my point. . .

Why not make Mitama purely physical? In my current file, Kagero's her mom, and it's amazing.

EDIT: "But that makes no sense". Blame Azama's +2 Str and -3 Mag mods. Saizo, on the other hand, has +1 Str, no magic, and an innate 45% magic growth. Hence why I'd make Mitama physical and Asugi magical/mixed.

Edited by eclipse

Also fwiw, Kagero!Shiro's mods are pretty much identical to Ryoma's since he has a free+4 from Raijinto. Rinkah gives Shiro more speed, gives Ryoma some skills he wants, and frees up Kagero for more needy children than Shiro's "I have everything I ever want just by being born, just give me speed", anyway.

Shiro's kit is incredible--he has so many damage boosting options under his belt, he doesn't really need to take a high-demand mother like Kagero.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think you missed my point. . .

Why not make Mitama purely physical? In my current file, Kagero's her mom, and it's amazing.

EDIT: "But that makes no sense". Blame Azama's +2 Str and -3 Mag mods. Saizo, on the other hand, has +1 Str, no magic, and an innate 45% magic growth. Hence why I'd make Mitama physical and Asugi magical/mixed.

It's because I see Kagero extremely good for being Shiro's mother and Shiro has the far superior Personal Skill for being a lead unit.

-

Hmm... I cannot see myself taking Raijinto away from Ryoma but if I did than you have a great point there. Shiro is pretty much the best Birthright kid by far.

Edit - Hmmm...

Alright, stand corrected. Even without Raijinto, Rinkah is still a great mother for Shiro and Kagero is much better for Mitama than Rinkah is. Interesting.

Defense is always the best bane if you're looking for as much offense as possible (no drop on Strength, Magic, Skill, and Speed); it's a very common flaw picked for certain Apotheosis builds in Awakening.

Defense is always the best bane if you're looking for as much offense as possible (no drop on Strength, Magic, Skill, and Speed); it's a very common flaw picked for certain Apotheosis builds in Awakening.

Thanks for the input!