Okay so something I decided to try early into my second Conquest run is to finish my endgame with all Wyvern units, or as many Wyverns as I can manage with support units filling in the leftover spots. I expect it will be something of a challenge, but between Malig Knights and Wyvern Lords I can have all three segments of the weapon triangle, so I'm gonna try to make this happen.

I've never done a crazy run with such specifics like this before, so advice and suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Conditions:

- All units who can class change into a Wyvern unit must end the game as a Wyvern unit (unless they're dropped and go unused)

- Must go into the Chapter27 + Endgame with as many Wyvern units as possible.

- Staff/Rally support units are allowed up until the final 2 chapters, or if there aren't enough wyvern units to deploy in the final 2

- No gold/exp DLC

- No Dreadfighter/Darkflier access

- 1 Hero's Brand, 1 Exalt's Brand, & 1 Witch's Mark available

Current Status: **COMPLETE!**

- Though the battle was bloody, the Wyvern Brigade made it through the Endgame to stop the evils of Twincest Takumi and his bow domination, thus striking down Fates' title as 'Bow Emblem'!

> At some point I'd like to attempt to record a playthough of the endgame (even though all I have is my computer's webcam, OTL...)

- Final Endgame lineup listed above; all Wyvern units used along with Azura

- Attained all gold statues for units being used, including the support squad

- Wound up adding Forrest to the Wyvern Brigade near the end of the game; he was probably my weakest unit, but he was usable!

- Profiteer Midori with Anna's Bow + Luck Potions from Azura's Witch's Brew made farming for gold on the Awakening DLC pretty easy

- used both boots on MU (squandered one on Azura, who got Warp)

- Purely for kicks... All forged weapons get dragon-themed naming conventions, and all Wyvern units got decked out with uniform accessories depending on their character model

- wound up ultimately not needing the last 2 Arms Scrolls out of the 5 used (one was given to Kana, one to Camilla, and I forget the third); proving that planning stuff out ahead of time so you can switch classes / train weapon ranks early helps a lot toward that

Final Notes

It took a lot of planning, and yeah there were some missteps along the way, but I think I proved that this can be done. If anything, Wyverns might be one of the best unit types for a class-specialized run like this, given their access to all three colors of the Weapon Triangle and their crazy mobility. Bows wound up being less of a problem than I thought they'd be between the magically-strong Malig Knights and all the units with relatively-easy access to Bowbreaker. Had a lot of fun doing this, and hope other people try some crazy stuff like this in the future for kicks!

[spoiler=Detailed Unit Breakdown]

Nubrya (Skil+/Luck- feMU)

- reclassing path: Oni Savage (talent) > Lv20: Oni Chief > Lv11: Great Lord > Lv15: Malig Knight (end)

- Skills: Dragon Fang, Aether, Death Blow, Awakening, Savage Blow

- Weapons: [A] Axes / [C] Tomes; primarily Great Club, Odin's Grimoire, Steel Axe and Bolt Axe

- married Ignatius

Final Verdict: Wound up using MU mainly with crit-based weapons like the Great Club (which consistently got 100% crit rates owing to Death Blow and her high Skill) and forged Odin's Grimoires. Unfortunately this meant she didn't do as well against tougher enemies without a fair bit of backup, and Aether didn't proc as often as I'd have liked even with Awakening helping it on its way (It's worth mentioning I also used Berserker Axes with her to kill stuff early and get to the point where Awakening would work...) So a bit gimmicky overall, but she did the job in the end.

Elise: Troubadour > Lv20: Strategist > Lv15: Malig Knight

- Skills: Savage Blow, Trample, Inspiration, Lunge, Demoiselle

- Weapons: Tomes / [E] Axes; mainly forged Thunder/Fimbulvetr/Disrobing Gale

- married Odin

Final Verdict: Though I opted not to reclass her early and wound up wasting her weapon levels on staves, she still wound up maxing out her Tome level and being a pretty strong unit. Basically played her like you expect a promoted Elise to play but minus staves and plus flight/MK skills. Being able to use the Bolt Axe might have been nice, but Calamity Gate sufficed in its place and she was good all around.

Camilla: Malig Knight > Lv5-11: Sorcerer > Lv15: Wyvern Lord / Malig Knight

- Skills: Savage Blow, Trample, Vengeance, Bowbreaker, Axefaire / Swordbreaker

- Weapons: [A] Axes / Tomes; Silver Axe/forged Camilla's Axe, Brave Axe, Tomahawk, Bolt Axe, Dual Club

- married Benny

Final Verdict: Opted to keep her as a MK despite her mehh magic due to the Tome levels she was getting as a Sorc and you know, she did all right. By the endgame I'd given her an Arms Scroll to max weapon levels and bought her Axefaire from someone else's castle (could be considered cheating, but ehh) and she was using primarily axes as a result, and she did fairly well. May have done better as a Wyvern Lord, but ehh. Could farm some gold, buy her a Seal, and try another endgame run like that.

Beruka: Wyvern Rider > Lv20: Malig Knight > Lv5-15: Wyvern Lord

- Skills: Lunge, Str+2, Savage Blow (never got Trample and Swordbreaker)

- A+ Camilla for Sorc, marries Leo to give him wyverns

Final Verdict: Wound up ditching her by the endgame in favor of Benny (who essentially usurped her role) and the kids. Could have been usable, but I don't think I was getting the growths she needed.

Selena: Merc > Sky Knight > Lv20: Falcoknight > Lv15: Wyvern Lord

- Skills: Darting Blow, Spd+2, Camaraderie, Good Fortune, Lunge

- A+ with Camilla/Beruka for Wyvern, marries whoever

Final Verdict: Used one of the first 2 limited Heart Seals on her with the intent of training her in Lances; she worked very well as a Pegasus for a while, but by the time of the opera house chapter she wasn't packing enough of a punch to keep using. In retrospect, her Heart Seal would probably have been better spent on Elise.

Charlotte: Fighter > Lv20: Hero > Lv5: Berserker > Lv15: Wyvern Lord

- Skills: Swordbreaker, Axefaire, Sol, Rally Str, Rally Def

- Weapons: [A] Axes; Adamant Club to make her more durable, Dual Club for swords, Tomahawk/Battering Club for range, occasionally Berserker Axe to make full use of her power

- marries Xander / buddies with Beruka for Wyvern tree

Final Verdict: Her high Str and Spd actually let her function pretty well as a wyvern. Adamant Club was probably her most useful weapon since her high strength compensates for its low might and actually lets her take a hit. By endgame she was too frail to take a hit from anything during the enemy phase, but could ORKO most anything, and made a good rallybot and pair-up partner for Xander.

Benny: Knight > Lv20: General > Lv: 5: Great Knight > Lv15: Wyvern Lord

- Skills: Natural Cover, Wary Fighter, Luna, Guarded Blow, Lunge

- Weapons: Lances / [C] Axes; anything with a speed penalty, but esp Ryoma's Club / Beruka's Axe and Effie's Lance

- marries Camilla for wyverns

Final Verdict: Benny actually surprised me with how well he performed; basically wound up being Charlotte's polar opposite-- could tank enemy rounds all day and night, perhaps not kill anyone, but soften them up plenty for the rest of the Wyvern Brigade to clean up. Attempted to take advantage of Wary Fighter by abusing crits and Luna, which was pretty easy thanks to his high Skill.

Leo: Dark Knight > Lv5-10: Sorcerer > Lv15: Malig Knight

- Skills: Malefic Aura, Bowbreaker, Savage Blow, Vengeance, Trample

- Weapons: Tomes; Brynhildr obvs, though forged Lightning helped him kill things a lot

- marries Beruka for wyverns

Final Verdict: About as solid as he usually is. Part of the Bowbreaker squad dedicated to stopping the dominion of the Bow Emblem.

Xander: Paladin > Lv15: Hero > Lv19: Wyvern Lord

- Skills: Aegis, Sol, Axebreaker, Lunge, Shelter

- Weapons: Lances / [D] Axes; Effie's Lance / Bold Naginata, Spear

- marries Charlotte for reasons, you all know them

Final Verdict: Trained his weapon ranks hard (resisting temptation to use Siegfried as often as possible) and it paid off pretty good; he wound up not needing any Arms Scrolls. More or less functioned the same as Benny; had a hard time killing stuff since he was too slow to double, but tanks for days.

Effie ! Percy: Wyvern Rider > Malig Knight > Lv 15: Wyvern Lord

- Final Skills: Lunge, Savage Blow, Trample, Swordbreaker, Str+2

- Weapons: [A] Axes / [D] Lances; Venge Club for tanking, Fuga's Club for doubling, Iron/Arthur's Axe early on

- marries Ophelia

Final Verdict: The only Wyvern Brigade member not to share royal blood by birth or marriage, Percy ends pretty modest in terms of skiils but performed well throughout the game. Kept his class changing simple to conserve Seals, but he still did well.

Elise ! Ophelia : Dark Mage > Sorcerer > Lv15: Malig Knight

- Final Skills: Vantage, Bowbreaker, Vengeance, Malefic Aura, Trample

- Weapons: Tomes; Missiletain, Mjolnir for crits, Ink Painting for tanking / Vantage abuse

- marries Percy for his wyvern

Final Verdict: Probably the best magic-specialized MK of the lot; more durable than Elise and has Vantage, faster than Leo and packs high crit rate; she basically never died. It's Ophelia, what more can you say?

Azura ! Dwyer: Troubadour > Pegasus Knight > Falco Knight > Lv5: Wyvern Lord

- Final Skills: Darting Blow, Str+2, Lunge, Swordbreaker, Tomebreaker

- Weapons: Lances / [D] Axes; mainly simple stuff like Steel/Iron, but also used Arthur's Axe/Guard Naginata to bolster his weak defenses

- buddies Percy for Wyverns

Final Verdict: Grabbed him early and put him in Pegasus right away to start training lances, which paid off big time. Performed well throughout the game; his only real issue was that he's a bit more frail than most of the other WLs, but Darting Blow and his surprisingly high strength let him double and ORKO quite a lot. His double breaker action didn't hurt either.

Jakob ! Shigure: Skyknight (offspring) > Lv5+: Falcoknight > Lv15: Wyvern Lord

- Final Skills: Tomebreaker, Voice of Peace, Darting Blow, Rally Speed, Rally Defense

- Weapons: Lances / [D] Axes; Silver Lance / Killer Lance mainly

- has natural Wyverns by virtue of Jakob being his dad (don't ask me how that works)

Final Verdict: Decent, but offensively the weakest WL, probably on the lower end of all the units overall. Performed well as a rallybot, and was still able to beat foes either through Silver Lance's high might or his decent crit rate with Killer Lance.

Charlotte ! Siegbert: Cavalier (offspring) > Lv5+: Great Knight > Lv15: Wyvern Lord

- Final Skills: Aegis, Sol, Luna, Guarded Blow, Lunge

- Weapons: Lances / [C] Axes; mostly iron/steel but was the Killer Axe recipient and used it well

Final Verdict: Definitely a strong unit, really balanced and well-performing overall. Possibly the best Wyvern Lord overall.

Camilla ! Ignatius: Knight (offspring) > Lv5+: General > Lv6+: Great Knight > Lv7+: Hero > Lv10-15: Wyvern Lord

- Final Skills: Guarded Blow, Bowbreaker, Lunge, Luna, Sol

- Weapons: Lances / [C] Axes; mostly iron/steel, occasionally stuff like Ryoma's Club

- married MU

Final Verdict: Not bad, but not great; like a more balanced Benny or a worse Siegbert distinguished by having Bowbreaker. Actually wound up too fast to make good use of Wary Fighter, I think; Beruka might actually have been a better mom for him in that regard. Still did pretty well.

Beruka ! Forrest : Troubador (offspring) > Strategist > Lv15: Malig Knight

- Final Skills: Inspiration, Lunge, Savage Blow, Trample, Rally Res

- Weapons: Tomes; Fenrir / forged Lightnings to compensate for his poor speed

Final Verdict: Not terrible, but likely the worst wyvern of the bunch. His genetics did him no favors, sadly, but he was a functional Malig Knight and brought another Rally Res. That's all I can really say.

Camilla ! Ignatius ! Kana: Nohr Prince (offspring) > Lv5+: Nohr Noble > Lodestar > Lv?-15: Malig Knight

- Final Skills: Death Blow, Bowbreaker, Dragon Fang, Savage Blow, Speedtaker

- Weapons: Magic / [C] Axes; Ragnarok/Bolt Axe for primary damage, Fenrir / Great Club for crit abuse

Final Verdict: Probably better than MU, actually. His speed capped low, as expected with Camilla!Ignatius as his dad, but Speedtaker helped with that and he was about as good at crit-abusing as MU was, but could kill easier otherwise. His only real problem was lack of any healing skills, which I'd definitely get him next time.

Azura: Songstress > Witch > Songstress

- Skills: Luck+4, Inspiring Song, Voice of Peace, Witch's Brew, Warp

- Weapons: Bolt Naginata (only lance-user with enough magic to use it), Blessed Lance (mainly because it's in her portrait TBH)

Final Verdict: Warp + Sing. Boom. Wasted Shura's Boots on her, sadly... Witch's Brew also ended up making me a fair chunk of change by the end since I rarely ended up using her tonics.

Nyx ! Nina : Thief (offspring) > Adventurer > Strategist

- married Dwyer for the Troubador tree and ended as a Strategist for the sake of movement.

Final Verdict: Shared the staffbot job with Forrest for a while, then shouldered that job along with Lockpicking once he went wyvern. She was able to handle both jobs pretty well on her own, and that's all she was really around for.

Mozu ! Midori: Apothecary (offspring) > Merchant

- The Wyvern Brigade all capped early, so I took the remaining paralogues to train up Midori's bow level so she can use Anna's Bow for the +5 Luck. She also had Lockpick from Kaze, which helped in levels where I had enough unit picks to bring her.

Final Verdict: Does her job: makin' sick bank.

[spoiler=Budget Calculation]

- Total Budget: 120,000g (not including Paralogues and Lilith gold bars)

- approximated Master Seals needed: 9+ x 2,000 apiece

- approximated other Seals needed: ~20 Heart/Friendship/Partner

- Available Arms Scrolls: 3 free + 2 for 5,000 apiece

[spoiler=Pairings]

- Odin x Elise

- Arthur x Effie

- Niles x Nyx

- Kaze x Mozu

- Azura x Jakob

- Selena x Silas

- Beruka x Leo

- Camilla x Benny

- Xander x Charlotte

- Laslow x Peri

- Keaton x Felicia

- MU x Ignatius

- Percy x Ophelia

- Shigure x Midori

- Dwyer x Nina

- Kana, Forrest, and Siegbert go unmarried; could use My Castle to pair them off with the 3 unmatched ladies, but ehhh no point really

Edited by BANRYU

You're going to NEED at least ONE non Wyvern combat unit for Endgame and Takumi 's Great Wall (or at least bow breaker though I have no idea if that works for the end game boss).

If you know how to use dancers properly Azura is invaluable she has saved my life multiple times and I hardly ever don't field her (also if you do user I suggest giving her your boots but I always give boots to my dancers). But if you don't she's a waste of a slot. You need to field two healers, so okay I'm just gonna say this keep Elise as Strategist if you're absolutely determined to make everything have wings make her a Falcon Knight (this will take away all good offensive capabilitity from her though), she needs staff access. She is downright the best staff bot, for your second but I suggest Jakob, or Flora... Felicia relies too heavily on Flame Shiriken and on a run with zero knife access otherwise I don't suggest using her as Hunter knifes (something she cannot use properly in the slightest) are a god send on this path. As for rally bots you don't need one(imo), but then again I don't do rally bots so I can't really talk about them, but what it's worth Laslow seems like the best one as his natural skill is a rally.

Well I know you don't want to restart I am going to stay this do you really should've made your subclass Wyvern, I'm just going to say that. Also Corrin does not need plus skill, for the Wyvern path I suggest plus resistance.

Also one thing that will save you a ton of money on bronze forges, remember to grind weapon ranks in my castle battles takes forever but it's the only thing you got in conquest.

As for units I suggest keeping as many units as possible in their natural line of weapon don't make weapon ring grinding less painful. You're going to NEED at least ONE non Wyvern combat unit for Endgame and Takumi 's Great Wall (or at least bow breaker though I have no idea if that works for the end game boss).

If you know how to use dancers properly Azura is invaluable she has saved my life multiple times and I hardly ever don't field her (also if you do user I suggest giving her your boots but I always give boots to my dancers). But if you don't she's a waste of a slot. You need to field two healers, so okay I'm just gonna say this keep Elise as Strategist if you're absolutely determined to make everything have wings make her a Falcon Knight (this will take away all good offensive capabilitity from her though), she needs staff access. She is downright the best staff bot, for your second but I suggest Jakob, or Flora... Felicia relies too heavily on Flame Shiriken and on a run with zero knife access otherwise I don't suggest using her as Hunter knifes (something she cannot use properly in the slightest) are a god send on this path. As for rally bots you don't need one(imo), but then again I don't do rally bots so I can't really talk about them, but what it's worth Laslow seems like the best one as his natural skill is a rally.

Well I know you don't want to restart I am going to stay this do you really should've made your subclass Wyvern, I'm just going to say that. Also Corrin does not need plus skill, for the Wyvern path I suggest plus resistance.

Also one thing that will save you a ton of money on bronze forges, remember to grind weapon ranks in my castle battles takes forever but it's the only thing you got in conquest.

As for units I suggest as many units as possible if in their natural line of weapons it makes weapon grinding less painful.

So quick mockup

Avatar: Malig Knight ( no yato access good luck with this)

Kana (use a child seal to gain instant c or d in magic ) Malig Knight

Camilla Malig Knight

Beruka Wyvren Lord

Effie Wyvern Lord

Ophelia Malig Knight

Arthur Wyvern Lord

Charlotte Wyvern Lord

Percy Wyvern Lord

Mozu Wyvern Lord

Leo Malig Knight

This is a high estimate you will not likely field this many units often.

Supports

Azura singer

Elise strategist

Jakob or Flora maid

So quick mockup

Camilla Malig Knight

Beruka Wyvren Lord

Effie Wyvern Lord

Ophelia Malig Knight

Arthur Wyvern Lord

Charlotte Wyvern Lord

Percy Wyvern Lord

Mozu Wyvern Lord

Leo Malig Knight

This is a high estimate you will not likely field this many units often.

Supports

Azura singer

Elise strategist

Jakob or Flora maid

Niles or Shura Adventurer, for lockpick and a extra staff trust me you need it.

Edited by Locke087

Fun challenge. You probably have birds a-plenty to be considering this, but reclassing Elise immediately after Chapter 7 is actually legit; Wyvern's base Strength plus the skill makes her strong enough for the period where you don't have a Bolt Axe, and she can immediately use it when it shows up in the shop 'cause she'll have Axe rank built-in. She is also legit helpful in Ch10 as she can fly over the wall and start killing dudes on turn 1. Wants tonics badly to make up for her bases and has depressing Skill but it's an option if you want to maximize total Wyvern usage.

Thanks a bundle for the advice, fellas!

You're going to NEED at least ONE non Wyvern combat unit for Endgame and Takumi 's Great Wall (or at least bow breaker though I have no idea if that works for the end game boss).

That's a whole part of the challenge, TBH =w=;; I'm def planning on getting as many Bowbreakers as possible for this run to help my odds against Takumi. Luckily I'm on Casual so it shouldn't affect my endings for people.

For sure, I always give my boots to my dancers as well. I enjoyed Azura as a FK for a while in my first run, but since I'll have so many fliers I'm sure that won't be necessary. Might give her both pairs (assuming I kill Shura rather than marry him) or at least make sure she has a flying husbando to escort her around.

As for Elise, well...

I will definitely use the servants as staffbots seeing as they're the main ones available. Forrest also seems like a decent option given his good stats and lacking Wyvern access. Regarding Felicia, I was planning not to use her since I'll be getting her so late, but otherwise I COULD, since I'll have the Flame Shuriken by then or could otherwise just make her a strategist... I'll feel it out. Would Jakob be good as a Falco Knight given he'll be getting it via Azura, or is it better to keep his knife proficiency? Flora will probably go Strategist or stay Maid (maybe get that extra pair of Boots? shrug)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If I end up needing to restart, maybe I'll make it happen. We'll see~!

You actually can't raise your weapon rank in castle battles on Conquest. o3o Believe me, if only.

Also, personally I'm not super fond of bronze forges due to their lack of procs or crits... I'd prefer iron at least, but if bronze makes such a difference, then I suppose...?

As for units I suggest keeping as many units as possible in their natural line of weapon don't make weapon ring grinding less painful.

Oh absolutely, that's why I'm trying to make sure as many wyverns as possible go into their role with at least one weapon rank they'll use (Selena, Keaton, and Velouria being the only folks who go in with nothing in terms of weapon ranks, and of them, Velouria will be getting my Arms Scrolls. I suppose what Gunter has on the others is at least a D in both of WyvLord's weapons ~3~

So quick mockup

Camilla Malig Knight
Beruka Wyvren Lord
Effie Wyvern Lord
Ophelia Malig Knight
Arthur Wyvern Lord
Charlotte Wyvern Lord
Percy Wyvern Lord
Mozu Wyvern Lord
Leo Malig Knight
How exactly am I getting Wyvern on Effie, Arthur, Mozu and Leo according to you? They don't seem to have access to it outside of marriage, and Camilla and Beruka will likely be marrying Benny and Keaton for that. TBH my non-support squad mockup is probably going to look something more like this:

MU MK (axes + tomes)

Camilla WL (axes)

Beruka WL (axes)

Charlotte WL (axes)

Gunter WL (axes + lances; likely escort support tier tbh)

Kana MK (tomes)

Percy WL (axes + lances)

Ignatius WL (lances + axes/)

Ophelia MK (tomes)

Shigure WL (lances)

Velouria WL (axes + lances; Arms Scroll recipient)

((Selena and Keaton can be WLs as well but they'll have no weapon proficiency and I'm not liable to give them arms scrolls so...))

Supports
Azura singer
Elise strategist
Jakob butler/FK

Flora maid
Niles or Shura Adventurer, for lockpick and a extra staff trust me you need it.

Ah good thinking on the Adventurer access. Yes I most likely will do that, will need all the staff support I can get. will probably utilize Nyx!Nina and Felicia!Forrest for that as well, so there's two extra staffers right there. Will most likely give the kids priority TBH, so probably Nina, Forrest, Niles and Jakob will be the main staffers.

You've got a couple of repeats of advice there, friendo .3. Went ahead and filtered those out, and replied in green. Much appreciated for all the suggestions!

Fun challenge. You probably have birds a-plenty to be considering this, but reclassing Elise immediately after Chapter 7 is actually legit; Wyvern's base Strength plus the skill makes her strong enough for the period where you don't have a Bolt Axe, and she can immediately use it when it shows up in the shop 'cause she'll have Axe rank built-in. She is also legit helpful in Ch10 as she can fly over the wall and start killing dudes on turn 1. Wants tonics badly to make up for her bases and has depressing Skill but it's an option if you want to maximize total Wyvern usage.

Aw hell, that sounds ballsy AF o3o Sadly though I may have missed my window with this, as I'm already on Chapter 10 itself. =w=;

Think I can still pull it off if I give her a forged Bronze axe maybe? I DO have Ophelia's paralogue available (as soon as I decide whether MU or Elise will mother her), so I could use that to try grinding Axe proficiency with her if I do it carefully... (Early Ophelia is good, right?)

Edited by BANRYU

No I have actually done it, you can raise weapon ranks in mycastle battles it is just incredibly slow, or at least you can in Birthright and Revalations, I never done it in Conquest...

If you are dead set on Elise not being a healer then Forrest is a must, a horseback healer to just too useful...(imo). Also keep Jakob a butler dagger are just to useful.

Class Tree access...

No idea man Reclassing is just so complex in this game and I haven't look into much.... (Just looked into it and okay I can see why to use Elise Wvyren is her Heart Seal I had no idea, also thought Effie could A+ Beruka nope... Leo is worth marriage for Byrhildri though you will end up with the same amount of Wyvrens just replaced Velouria with Leo)

Also if you end with gold trouble Midori is the solution...

Also I recommend not using Gunter at all he is trash, Charlotte is good use her...

Edit: Xander Has natural access to Wyvern Lord as well he wouldn't be a bad choice though Siegfried will be missed...

Edited by Locke087

No I have actually done it, you can raise weapon ranks in mycastle battles it is just incredibly slow, or at least you can in Birthright and Revalations, I never done it in Conquest...

Of cause you can do it in B/R route and cannot do it in C route.

Maybe Xander can bring 2 heart seals and go back Paladin for some turns in Ch23.

For endgame, full charge the shield of Guard Stance before we attack the boss.

f you are dead set on Elise not being a healer then Forrest is a must, a horseback healer to just too useful...(imo). Also keep Jakob a butler dagger are just to useful.

Class Tree access...

No idea man Reclassing is just so complex in this game and I haven't look into much.... (Just looked into it and okay I can see why to use Elise Wvyren is her Heart Seal I had no idea, also thought Effie could A+ Beruka nope... Leo is worth marriage for Byrhildri though you will end up with the same amount of Wyvrens just replaced Velouria with Leo)

Also if you end with gold trouble Midori is the solution...

Also I recommend not using Gunter at all he is trash, Charlotte is good use her...

Edit: Xander Has natural access to Wyvern Lord as well he wouldn't be a bad choice though Siegfried will be missed...

I don't know if Leo is worth trading for Velouria, even though Brynhildr is quite tempting... I'll think on it some more.

Might go for Midori, that sounds legit. Does Merchant (presumably?) Midori have a preferred parent?

Will avoid using Gunter if possible, ain't gotta convince me lol.

I didn't realize Xander got Wyvern, guess I overlooked him! Siegfried will be sorely missed indeed, but I'll see what I can do with him... He might need more Arms Scrolls bah. We'll see though, at least he starts with D in lances for Beastkiller so that's something.

Maybe Xander can bring 2 heart seals and go back Paladin for some turns in Ch23.

For endgame, full charge the shield of Guard Stance before we attack the boss.

There's no gettin' around the spirit of the law, people are gonna stay Wyverns once they have the skills they need from other classes. o3o And yeah, abusing Guard Stance with as many pairs of possible is the game plan.

Is the DLC for the flyer weakness nullify out yet?

otherwise GL not getting one banged by coldsteel

Nope and even if it was I think Imma try going without it anyway lol. RIP me

Edited by BANRYU

Might go for Midori, that sounds legit. Does Merchant (presumably?) Midori have a preferred parent?

Gold Rush merchant Midori does and it's Azura (+4 Luck) or just save up your goddess icons and give Midori mother with very high luck... Really this is the only major requirement because this version of Midori only purpose in life is to get more gold (the gold merchant skill runs on the luck stat which is cool cause it taps into her personal skill).

Edited by Locke087

EDIT: Just noticed that Siegbert also gets the Wyvern tree via his dad, so there's another mini powerhouse I can add to my list o3o I'll revise the OP soon in greater detail whenever I get the time.

Gold Rush merchant Midori does and it's Azura (+4 Luck) or just save up your goddess icons and give Midori mother with very high luck... Really this is the only major requirement because this version of Midori only purpose in life is to get more gold (the gold merchant skill runs on the luck stat which is cool cause it taps into her personal skill).

Ah, it's gonna have to be a different mom then. ~3~ Azura is marrying Jakob so that Shigure can get Wyvern access. I'll see what other moms result in a high Luck stat for her tho.

Is this the planning thread, or will this be the thread you log your playthrough in? I don't want to move this unless necessary.

Oh planning for sure. I have no capture card or anything so I have no intention of posting the play-by-plays and such. Did I make this thread in the wrong forum?

Edited by BANRYU

Since it's planning, it's fine in the Fates subforum. If you were going to do an actual playthrough, I'd move it to Let's Plays.

Ah okay, got it. Thank you! :3

Leo is worth marriage for Byrhildri though you will end up with the same amount of Wyvrens just replaced Velouria with Leo)

I've been thinking on this for a while, and here's what I'm thinking I could do to rescue Leo into the wyvern battalion...

Here are my pairings right now with Beruka and Camilla, the only two wyvern mamas who can pass their class to their spouse and child:

- Camilla x Keaton => Velouria

- Beruka x Benny => Ignatius

Since Leo can't marry his sister, I could potentially hook him up with Beruka to give him Wyvern access and still retain Brynhildr usability (I imagine Leo's stats would do well as a Malig Knight anyway). That sacrifices Benny and Ignatius (admittedly some of the lesser dad/son units) for two magical wyverns instead (at the cost of Forrest as a support unit).

The only real issue is that Beruka doesn't exactly help Leo or Forrest much, and gives Forrest in particular a pretty bad speed modifier.

Question is, would that be worth it for more magic-users? Given how few of those are available with my current lineup (4; see OP), that might not be a bad idea...

Okay, it's been a few days and I've been steadily working on figuring out what skillsets I'd like to finish with... as I begin to round everything off, there are a few key questions I still have in mind and would like to get some input on.

Main Questions: have largely to do with undecided ships for Odin/MU and Beruka.

1) MU (Oni Savage, Skill+/Luck-) or Elise for Ophelia's mom?

I know Ophelia's going to be plenty good with just Elise as her mom, so the question to me is whether it's worth giving Ophelia Death Blow, and whether MU's Skill asset is going to help Ophelia enough to warrant MU winding up effectively single. In theory, it seems like a good idea, since Ophelia's signature skill boosts crit and in theory, I want that crit number as high as possible... a good Skill stat and Death Blow ought to help that a lot (even though Death Blow won't help when she's tanking with Vantage, but still). The other side of things is whether MU will be better off elsewhere, but since I'm limiting her options to characters I feel like supporting, that just leaves Shura and Ignatius (whose supports I haven't seen, but am curious to-- I didn't like Odin's, but am willing to bite the bullet to make Ophelia kickass lol). The tradeoff of course is that Ignatius can go wyvern, and thus can be present and support MU in the final chapters. With some Lodestar treatment, he ought to be a very solid support partner.

2) Should Beruka marry Benny or Leo?

As mentioned previously, marrying Beruka is the only way Leo is getting Wyvern access this run. Making Beruka not be Ignatius' dad also has the slight bonus of not locking him out of being used, since Iggy can buddy Percy for wyverns (the only problem being his other good mom, Camilla, is taken). I know Benny isn't that great of a unit (even though I'd like to give him a try on this run), so is it better to get Leo and Brynhildr into the wyvern party, even though Beruka's mods are pretty poor for Forrest? Scarce as tome-users will be on this run, having some extras might not hurt.

3) Who should get Lodestar skills?

Due to the nature of the run, no one can finish as Lodestar, but someone can get its skills... Right now I'm leaning toward Ignatius, especially if MU marries him, but otherwise I've got no clue. Xander, since he's slow AF maybe?

Those are the main things I'd like to get people's input on right now-- any advice with them, or with the pettier stuff listed below, would be hugely appreciated.

Lesser questions

- should Camilla stay MK instead of going WL in order to help with the shortage of Tomes?

- could Selena be worth using for her access to skills like Darting/Warding Blow and Axebreaker, assuming I switch her to Pegasus early? (Shigure will also get the Pegasus line, but no Axebreaker)

- who other than Camilla/Beruka makes a good mother for Ignatius? Imma guess Peri or Selena?

- are any of the kids (aside from Percy ofc) commonly used as wyverns in normal runs? (IE, who are the best wyvern kids overall / who should I be giving the most attention to?)

- how much attention should I be giving to reclassing and how much toward weapon forges, given that this is a Conquest run with limited funds?

- any particular skill build suggestions for MU?

- should Percy grab skills from non-WL classes or just Offspring straight there for some Lance affinity, even though he'll probably be an Axe specialist with Axefaire/Swordbreaker? (I'm thinking maybe, just to save seals) Alternatively, maybe Sol would be better for Arthur to pass him than Axefaire?

- similarly, should I avoid so much classjumping with Velouria or does she really want her extra skills like Sol and Savage Blow? (I'm using her with the expectation that she'll be one of my better units, in which case it'll probably be worthwhile... I hope)

- will Azura!Dwyer@Malig Knight be worth using at all?

Edited by BANRYU

Okay, it's been a few days and I've been steadily working on figuring out what skillsets I'd like to finish with... as I begin to round everything off, there are a few key questions I still have in mind and would like to get some input on.

Main Questions: have largely to do with undecided ships for Odin/MU and Beruka.

1) MU (Oni Savage, Skill+/Luck-) or Elise for Ophelia's mom?

I know Ophelia's going to be plenty good with just Elise as her mom, so the question to me is whether it's worth giving Ophelia Death Blow, and whether MU's Skill asset is going to help Ophelia enough to warrant MU winding up effectively single. In theory, it seems like a good idea, since Ophelia's signature skill boosts crit and in theory, I want that crit number as high as possible... a good Skill stat and Death Blow ought to help that a lot (even though Death Blow won't help when she's tanking with Vantage, but still). The other side of things is whether MU will be better off elsewhere, but since I'm limiting her options to characters I feel like supporting, that just leaves Shura and Ignatius (whose supports I haven't seen, but am curious to-- I didn't like Odin's, but am willing to bite the bullet to make Ophelia kickass lol). The tradeoff of course is that Ignatius can go wyvern, and thus can be present and support MU in the final chapters. With some Lodestar treatment, he ought to be a very solid support partner.

All ophy wants is vantage, save deathblow for somone who actually needs help killing

2) Should Beruka marry Benny or Leo?

As mentioned previously, marrying Beruka is the only way Leo is getting Wyvern access this run. Making Beruka not be Ignatius' dad also has the slight bonus of not locking him out of being used, since Iggy can buddy Percy for wyverns (the only problem being his other good mom, Camilla, is taken). I know Benny isn't that great of a unit (even though I'd like to give him a try on this run), so is it better to get Leo and Brynhildr into the wyvern party, even though Beruka's mods are pretty poor for Forrest? Scarce as tome-users will be on this run, having some extras might not hurt.

Benny should make a fun draco. You'll have Ophelia and Elise + Cam, even with bolt axes there's really only enough good tome inventory for 3 users.

3) Who should get Lodestar skills?

Due to the nature of the run, no one can finish as Lodestar, but someone can get its skills... Right now I'm leaning toward Ignatius, especially if MU marries him, but otherwise I've got no clue. Xander, since he's slow AF maybe?

Those are the main things I'd like to get people's input on right now-- any advice with them, or with the pettier stuff listed below, would be hugely appreciated.

Lesser questions

- should Camilla stay MK instead of going WL in order to help with the shortage of Tomes?

Probably, she uses pony tome and bolt axe well, splashing for dm skills is probably a good plan though

- could Selena be worth using for her access to skills like Darting/Warding Blow and Axebreaker, assuming I switch her to Pegasus early? (Shigure will also get the Pegasus line, but no Axebreaker)

Yes

- who other than Camilla/Beruka makes a good mother for Ignatius? Imma guess Peri or Selena?

Whoever really, it's maingame on hard/casual

- are any of the kids (aside from Percy ofc) commonly used as wyverns in normal runs? (IE, who are the best wyvern kids overall / who should I be giving the most attention to?)

Sophie makes a pretty great bird

- how much attention should I be giving to reclassing and how much toward weapon forges, given that this is a Conquest run with limited funds?

Conquest has limited funds in the sense that you "only" get 100kish + lilith

- any particular skill build suggestions for MU?

I guess dip 1 level into smith if you just want money.

- should Percy grab skills from non-WL classes or just Offspring straight there for some Lance affinity, even though he'll probably be an Axe specialist with Axefaire/Swordbreaker? (I'm thinking maybe, just to save seals) Alternatively, maybe Sol would be better for Arthur to pass him than Axefaire?

Get Percy early

- similarly, should I avoid so much classjumping with Velouria or does she really want her extra skills like Sol and Savage Blow? (I'm using her with the expectation that she'll be one of my better units, in which case it'll probably be worthwhile... I hope)

No reason not to hop around aside from "only 5 skillslots" just get her the hell out of awfuldoge

- will Azura!Dwyer@Malig Knight be worth using at all?

His mods lead heavily to phys and azura gives good caps so yes and no. He's a much better lance draco and can take a FK dip off his mom for darting blow.

You're overthinking this lol, not much survives 16 8 move units with savage blow.

Edited by joshcja

You're overthinking this lol, not much survives 16 8 move units with savage blow.

Hah you're probably right, overthinking is a weakness of mine. One thing I will say about the Tome users is that it's less for targeting Res (though that too, ofc) and more for overall weapon triangle balance, but duly noted on the tome inventory point all the same.

Thanks for the tips!

Eh you know what, redacted. I'm not a baby, I can figure stuff out for myself. Kinda. lol

Edited by BANRYU

OKAY. I've made some solid progress into the storyline after grinding for supports/figuring out who's marrying who, but as eclipse so kindly reminded me, THAT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE HERE FOR.

Rather, indecision has reared its ugly head once again! Hooray. x3x The topic of this indecision?

Benny or Leo: Who will Beruka marry? Let's run through the consequences of each decision.

Beruka x Benny

- Beruka ! Ignatius very slow, but gets better Mag / Skill / Def from Beruka (better overall for Ignatius ! Kana IMO given Kana will be getting Lodestar skills to combat Beruka and Benny's horrendous speed inheritance)

- Camilla x Keaton => Wyvern Velouria

(additionally, this means using Keaton to get Grisly Wound for Velouria since I want her to spend as little time in Wolf as possible; unfortunately, I'm one Master Seal short of being able to upgrade him, which means ditching someone else or waiting till Chapter 17 to be able to promote him. it's doable, but less than ideal to the alternative of being able to use ultimately fewer resources via Beruka x Leo)

- Leo x Felicia => support Forrest

- no wyverns for Leo or Forrest

- Camilla likely finishes as a MK due to the scarcity of magic-users

Beruka x Leo

- Leo@MK using Brynhildr. Aw ye

- Beruka ! Forrest: takes a huge hit to speed and gets a not-ideal magic growth. Usable as a MK this way, but at what cost?

- Camilla x Benny => Ignatius gets better Str/Spd/Res from Camilla (good for wyverns in general so that's good?)

- no wyverns for Velouria or Keaton (wasn't using him anyway tho)

- Camilla likely finishes as a WL instead of MK due to the greater abundance of magic-users

This is the main thing that has me hung up and not wanting to proceed right now lol.

Edited by BANRYU

I was hoping someone else would help make this decision for you since I'm kind of biased since Leo was my suggestion in the beginning of course I'm going to vote for that...

Frankly I did this build under the assumption that you would sack Forrest much like you'd sack Keaton but if Forrest is still somewhat usable hey your getting one extra unit out of it. Flora can easily take over Forrest for support role. I just thought Velouria wasn't worth the arms scroll.

If you really can't decide at the end of the day do what I flip a coin.

Under no circumstances will I be deciding anything with coin flips lol.

Yeah, TBH I was hoping to get some input from alternative opinions as well just for the sake of hearing another side, but yeah, you ARE the one who had me consider using Leo in the first place hah. TBH I could potentially still use Forrest as a supporter even with Beruka as his mom, since he'd largely just be pulling Staffbot duty and little if nothing else. (Hell, I briefly entertained the notion of making him a Butler purely for the novelty of Bifrost lol)

TBH I don't recall where I read that Wyvern Velouria is good, (I certainly can't find it again...) but I'm definitely growing more attached to the idea of Wyvern Leo instead... Although weirdly, the main reason I'm considering keeping to the current plan is because I like Beruka's mods for Ignatius!Kana better than Camilla's lol. (Although I'm sure Kana would be perfectly fine either way...)

Okay so with the Witch/Ballistician DLC presumably coming out soon, I'd also like to figure out who could be getting those skills, since shit like Warp is needless to say some of the best out there.

So...

1) Who are some good candidates for Witch (or Ballistician... but probably witch) skills?

2) And again... should Beruka marry Leo or Benny? (basically decides whether Leo or Velouria gets to be a wyvern)

Hmmm. . .Camilla can pull off Witch. I can't think of any use for ballista skills outside of their class.

Beruka/Benny, because I'm partial to Ignatius.

Okay so with the Witch/Ballistician DLC presumably coming out soon, I'd also like to figure out who could be getting those skills, since shit like Warp is needless to say some of the best out there.

So...

1) Who are some good candidates for Witch (or Ballistician... but probably witch) skills?

2) And again... should Beruka marry Leo or Benny? (basically decides whether Leo or Velouria gets to be a wyvern)

What skills? Warp is litteraly only thing you want from those classes unless you want to run wyverns ft balistician emblem. I guess it's nice on like, Elise?

Marry Leo and make magical flying birds with axes strapped to their faces.

Edited by joshcja

Hmmm. . .Camilla can pull off Witch. I can't think of any use for ballista skills outside of their class.

Beruka/Benny, because I'm partial to Ignatius.

Oh I definitely plan to use Iggy! He gets a wyvern mama either way, so I guess it's just a matter of growths.

What skills? Warp is literally only thing you want from those classes unless you want to run wyverns ft balistician emblem. I guess it's nice on like, Elise?

Marry Leo and make magical flying birds with axes strapped to their faces.

Then I guess it's a question of who gets Warp >3> I guess that question is a matter of who'll need it the most. Azura seems like a solid candidate, since she's one of the only units that'll still be on foot by the end.

Sounds like Leo gets the vote of the common consensus; he was starting to be my preferred option anyway so I'm fine with this!

Leo marries Beruka, Camilla marries Benny, and Keaton/Velouria get dropped. We'll see how Forrest does with such a physical mom... I can attempt to use him, but if he doesn't work out he gettin' dropped lol.

This also means I get Camilla's lavender hair on Kana as well. Which also means I can recruit both this Camilla!Ignatius!Kana and my Camilla!Kana from my male file on both files and pretend they're twins lol.

Edited by BANRYU