Does the armor stripping do anything?

Dragoncat

I've been using the raider weapons you get as castle visiting bonuses. If you have a weapon advantage with them the enemy's clothes fall off, leaving them in their undies lol. The game calls it "armor stripping", and I was curious. There doesn't appear to be a defense drop. The stat screen doesn't say. Anyone know if this actually does anything?

I'm pretty sure it drops Def by 3, it just doesn't show it.

Actually that is Sophie's personal skill that does that. The raider weapons do not actually cause a defense drop, otherwise it would be shown when you look at the enemy's stats.

Actually that is Sophie's personal skill that does that. The raider weapons do not actually cause a defense drop, otherwise it would be shown when you look at the enemy's stats.

Oh.

Even if the Raider weapons don't do anything, they're still really good weapons for E ranks.

I jokingly think that stripping the enemy causes them to be so embarrassed that it gives the attacker an easier time double attacking

Real talk, it doesn't do anything, the Raider Weapons are just for getting an easy way out of E-Rank.

Apparently taking notes from Senran Kagura, especially with Sophie's personal skill causing a debuff in addition to clothes damage.

Fun fact: perverted Senran Kagura character Katsuragi has the same Japanese voice actress as Fire Emblem's Lucina. Make of that what you will.

Has anyone tried Armor Stripping Garon, I wonder how will that look?

On the next Birthright gameplay I'm going to "Armor Strip" Camilla. To lower defense and for the plot.

Doesn't work on Garon or Faceless, I tried. Sophie's skill does activate though, but no visual change is done.

Has anyone tried Armor Stripping Garon, I wonder how will that look?

On the next Birthright gameplay I'm going to "Armor Strip" Camilla. To lower defense and for the plot.

I think Garon just loses his cape or nothing at all, it would of been funny though and fan service ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The question is...

Can you strip Iago?

Cause he seems like he would be into that >.>

Yes, you can strip Iago since he's an actual human model.

I hit

Takumi

with Sophie in the final map of Conquest and turns out he wears diapers.

I know it's the japanese style, but it was funny seeing him dead apparently using diapers after all the "die die die kill you kill you kill you" thing.

Edited by Lanko

Holy pink elephants riding bikes I don't go on SF for a day and find my topic at two pages and on the second page of the Fates board.

So...I gather it's just a fun fanservice thing? Also Kiris, that miiverse post is the best thing ever. On the subject of Iago...anyone else think of Jafar's parrot in Aladdin? It had THE SAME NAME. I guess it makes sense if we think of Garon as Jafar.

Lol really? Diaper? Not the same undies all the other Hoshidans have? Welllllll he has poofy pants...didn't think that was the reason lol.

Edited by Dragoncat

Raider weapons are good because of their other effect (+3 follow-up speed) and they allow for offensive skill activation.

I get around the stripping thing by turning animations off. That way, Sophie can steal everyone's clothes, and I'm none the wiser. Though it's quite inappropriate when Laslow uses a Raider Axe on an unsuspecting Maid. . .tee-hee~! :P:

The stripping effect doesn't provide any benefit, it's just funny (or fanservicey if you're into that).

Sadly they have no effect on Garon (I tried), though you can strip Iago if you so desire. That happened in my first fight with him in Birthright. Interestingly it destroys his stupid mask thingy too.