So, about Hidden Truths...

AsherCrane

I beat the map twice as well, and I got two. I beat it the second time after I had alreay reclassed one of my units into Grandmaster though.

So, you can only have one in your inventory I guess?

If Owain/Selena/Inigo die during the map, do you not get the items in the end?

No. You still get the items.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not hard, it just takes patience and strategy. Make sure you buff the right units as well but its doable.

Tbh I'm dissappointed. Part 2 was fun but the Dragon's blood gift is not worth it imo. I'd rather have been given a seal to turn into a class, like perhaps a Blood seal for a Nohr/Hoshido noble or even a seal that lets you become a Kitsune or Werewolf. Maybe a skill scroll. I'd love a skill that let's you attack in guard position but (Causes you to lose the pair up stat bonuses as a tradeoff.) Part 2's map was great though.

So in theory, would this work with Before Awakening DLC, the Hero and Exalt Brands?

No. The first time you beat Before Awakening in a file you get the Brands. After that all you get is a pebble.
Edited by Shadow Knight

So in theory, would this work with Before Awakening DLC, the Hero and Exalt Brands?

Nope, that's reserved for the Nohrian and Hoshidan festival of Bonds. Once those come out, you can get infinite of both. Exalt's brand for Hoshido, Hero's Brand for Nohrian.

The First Blood item can't even be used on Einherjar units so rip (then again, Einherjar can't activate Dragon Veins to begin with since they're not technically alive).

Looks like I wouldn't be farming First Blood any time soon unless I were to work on a master file.

The First Blood item can't even be used on Einherjar units so rip (then again, Einherjar can't activate Dragon Veins to begin with since they're not technically alive).

Looks like I wouldn't be farming First Blood any time soon unless I were to work on a master file.

There are people who do DLC for fun then there are those who want the game to be 'perfect and flawless'. I'm starting to see people who see the game has lacking content as the latter while those who like to pace themselves without being burdened by a '100%' complete game being the former. Personally, if items could be used on any unit a player can have, FE: Fates wouldn't even be FE: Fates but FE: Awakening Part 2.

Just tested, and I was able to obtain a second Fell Brand without using my first, so it appears you can get almost infinite Fell Brands.

Nope, that's reserved for the Nohrian and Hoshidan festival of Bonds. Once those come out, you can get infinite of both. Exalt's brand for Hoshido, Hero's Brand for Nohrian.

OK, I did not know about those brands being the rewards for those maps. So just need to wait for more DLC....

Just tested, and I was able to obtain a second Fell Brand without using my first, so it appears you can get almost infinite Fell Brands.

OK, I did not know about those brands being the rewards for those maps. So just need to wait for more DLC....

Off-topic but still DLC-related, I believe next week comes Vanguard's Trial which means infinite Vanguard's Brand for males + infinite Aether scrolls for females just by repeating the DLC.

Edited by Emblem Blade

There are people who do DLC for fun then there are those who want the game to be 'perfect and flawless'. I'm starting to see people who see the game has lacking content as the latter while those who like to pace themselves without being burdened by a '100%' complete game being the former. Personally, if items could be used on any unit a player can have, FE: Fates wouldn't even be FE: Fates but FE: Awakening Part 2.

It's not that big of a deal; I still enjoyed the DLC maps (namely seeing Mila Tree again and hearing remastered Awakening music as well as new Fates music). Of course, one who plays the DLC may end up wishing that Laslow, Odin, and Selena can do much more in the main storylines of Fates (as flawed as the stories are but alas, these are Corrin's stories, not theirs) and/or that the second part of the DLC can provide more than something that is rather situational at best.

Not to mention that the maps are heck of a lot easier than Royal Royale is even though there are some nerve-wracking moments.

Real shame that the story in it is garbage and irrelevant as none of the paths acknowledge it. Odin, Selena and Laslow Aldo forget their oath/mission apparently as they literally do nothing in the paths to complete it.

It's trully a shame that Odin, Selena and Laslow don't hint about this mission of finding Corrin and/or kill Anankos to save humankind. It's true they can't speak about their experience or Valla but at least the main storyline would've given them a lot more importance. However, I'm relieved I got my piece of truth at DLC, and understood a truckload about Mikoto, Lilith, Arete, Corrin and Azura.

Currently, I'm not playing for items and completionism, just experiencing characters, one by one.

Ahhh I'm so bad at maps with so many enemies and so little units to use x_x I got pretty close but I keep losing :(

Also why is Fell's Brand male only? Grandmasters were female too in the previous game.

I've only done the first one at the moment, took me 1 try. Personally I find it very easy, especially after the ordeal of trying to finish Royal Royale with Sakura, this is downright a breeze. I lost Severa at the very end though, but it doesn't affect anything so I just went with it.

Gonna start the second one soon

I managed to finish both on my first attempt, blind, and everyone alive (On Lunatic Classic if difficulty counts, but I don't know if it does for DLC). Here's some advice from my playthrough.

General Advice

- I fairly sure that Hidden Truth 1 does not transfer to the second, so use the consumables as you see fit.

- Remember to trade items. If you happen to pair up Selena and Laslow together, give Selena the Killing Edge so she can make use of it.

- Owain is a Samurai (Myrmidon) in Part One and a Dark Mage in Part Two. Adapt accordingly.

- EXP is not important, so use your units for maximum potential.

Hidden Truths 1 (Grants Fell Blood Seal, Grandmaster Promotion Item)

- While it looks like Awakening, its not. All Fates rules apply. Take note that the trio do not have their personal skills yet. (I called the tree level with the background!)

- Seems easy at the start, but soon you will find you may be overwhelmed by enemies as they attack you seemingly nonstop.

- Make good use of chokepoints and Owain with his Levin Sword. I paired up Selena and Laslow and had Owain solo, normally placing him near the pair for that Attack Stance bonus.

- The hardest part of the map after surviving the onslaught is trying to take on the boss. He has a Dawn Katana, so landing hits is difficult. May be RNG be with you!

Hidden Truths 2 (Grants First Blood item, allows usage of Dragon's Vein)

- I'm not sure if extra First Blood items transfer or if you get one from just finishing the map. (I had Laslow keep his in his inventory.)

- When using the three initial Dragon's Veins, the buff only seems to apply once. You cannot stack buffs and become a super soldier (I tried with with Selena, but it seemed it did not stack)

-- In addition, activating a Dragon Vein will create "harmful terrain" that debuffs units on it. Use this to your advantage.

- Activating the final, forth (hidden until you do the 3), will grant that character even more power in the terms of skills. I used Selena and she got Counter, Luna, and Warding Blow skills.

-- Also, you will detach the starting island and it will blend with the island up top, making easy access to the boss. However, the boss summons an army, so be prepared for this.

-- If you go this route, beware of fliers from the rear.

- Note that you don't technically need to kill the boss. You will, however, need to break the wall the boss is guarding. As long as your units escape, you win.

Ahhh I'm so bad at maps with so many enemies and so little units to use x_x I got pretty close but I keep losing :(

Also why is Fell's Brand male only? Grandmasters were female too in the previous game.

Greatlord now female only

Dark Falcon now for both gender

Hidden Truths 1 - Laslow, paired with Selena, and wielding a Steel weapon has a 0% chance of being critted by the boss.

Hidden Truths 2 - If Odin steps on the final Dragon Vein, he gets Sol, Quixotic, and Tomefaire.

Currently farming Feel Brands because Hidden Truths 1 is so much fun!

What I want to know is, why is this crucial storyline information DLC-only? I mean, at least Corrin's parentage is mentioned in the ancient texts, but I really think that the rest of this information should NOT be locked behind a paywall. This seems to be a pattern in this game: "Want the full game? Buy our DLC!" Honestly, a lot of this stuff should have just been included in the game itself.

Selena gets Counter, Warding Blow, and I forget the third skill she gets.

Warding Blow helped me a lot fighting the boss.

She gets Luna.

Because IS has been fairly lazy with the DLC. They're just the very same classes used by the Amiibo, that have been programmed in the game from the beginning, but they'd need to make a variant version if they wanted to make Grandmaster compatible with females (not a 2nd model, they could even reuse the male outfit, but they'd need to add a female variant, so, for example, after the outfit is destroyed, they wouldn't be stuck with a male body).

It's kind of disappointing too, since the early Cipher DLC suggested that they could add new playable classes, but they haven't used that at all after Pegasus Knight (for Cipher Minerva).

What I want to know is, why is this crucial storyline information DLC-only? I mean, at least Corrin's parentage is mentioned in the ancient texts, but I really think that the rest of this information should NOT be locked behind a paywall. This seems to be a pattern in this game: "Want the full game? Buy our DLC!" Honestly, a lot of this stuff should have just been included in the game itself.

I'm pretty sure the revelations in this DLC that weren't just taken from the coded text were basically ideas they made up for the DLC itself. For example, I don't think even the writers knew what was going to be Owain's and the other's mission when they wrote their supports and text into the main game, which is why you never see them getting any dialogue related to the whole Anankos plot at all, just how they had gone there for a "mission" and would return home afterwards. Although it's a neat story, it just doesn't fit well with the main game.

Edited by NeonZ