The past few DLCs. anyone else annoyed?

Vard

Is anyone else a little annoyed that for the 3rd (and 4th) time now, a DLC comes out where we cant use our own units, we have to use some premade units in an insanely difficult and imbalanced map?

are all the future DLCs gonna be like this? Whats the point in leveling my units post game if i cant use them in the coming DLCs?

Ha, nice use of a signature.

Im sure some people like the challenge,

Im mainly asking are alot of the next DLCs gonna be like this? What about Vanguard Dawn? (The one i want to do at least 6 times)

I haven't played any DLC (that wasn't free, i.e Before Awakening), but I can see the pros and cons. On one hand, they can make more puzzle-like maps, but on the other hand, all that grinding and having fun with mixing different skills for a proper endgame team feels less relevant.

Of course, like I said, I haven't actually played it, so what do I know.

thank goodness. I only need a few Fell brands and dreadscroll/ebon wings... Its the vanguard seal im going to want lots of!

Thanks for the info.

and ive grown to appreciate the pre selected characters a bit more since i posted this. it was nice to have a different style of gameplay than my usual Phalanx of Death

No. It prevents terrible fire emblem players from steamrolling them with hacked teams.

Any particular reason for the terrible part of that? FE is a single player game so hacking doesn't really ruin anything for anyone if they don't let it... Maybe that's just my opinion...

I personally love the mix of maps, but it IS annoying to deal with a totally unfamiliar build. I would've liked at least picking the class or some skills or something. It does help me to be familiarized with different builds though, so it opens up some doors.

I can't wait to use my own units though as well, that's pretty important to.

Edited by elbell3618

Any particular reason for the terrible part of that? FE is a single player game so hacking doesn't really ruin anything for anyone if they don't let it... Maybe that's just my opinion...

I personally love the mix of maps, but it IS annoying to deal with a totally unfamiliar build. I would've liked at least picking the class or some skills or something. It does help me to be familiarized with different builds though, so it opens up some doors.

I can't wait to use my own units though as well, that's pretty important to.

By hacking into the game, you completely remove the difficulty the DLC was meant to have. I believe why that LadySansa was directing the 'terrible FE players' to players who hack to get skills/weapons that only enemies can have in addition to completing chapters and anything that would be remotely challenging without serious alterations to strategies. There's a fine line to 'cheating' to help your progress and hacking to remove any difficulty in the game.

That's the point of the DLC difficulty, it's meant to force players to rethink their fighting style since the children use the stats and skill they would have had before inheritance takes effect. Awakening had ruined that part for the children back there since you could make children who could stomp through their paralogue without any assistance. In Fates, that's not possible since stat caps are lower and most enemies in the children's paralogues are stronger than them even with inheritance boosts.

Can't use your own units in Memories of Foam, you use the children and other units who aren't affected by your save progress and changes on said save files from what the description on Serenes Forest says.

. . .but this DLC was nowhere near as bad as Royal Rumble?

I can write up how to get past it, if you'd like. The second map's strategy is going to be awful, but that's because I turtled it.

I like it personally, because they don't gain EXP this way, I play without grinding whatsoever unless I reach Endgame, so if I do DLC and gain EXP, it's gonna ruin the challenge, even though I want to collect weapons with Museum Melee for Revelations, I'm holding it off until later.