Challenge Map Experimenting (Long Read)

Karis

So I was trying to see if Challenge Maps could be used to farm for stat boosting items to save on Eternal Seals. While doing so I found out something interesting. The units that are called are not completely random. For the purpose of my experimenting I used the Paralogue maps. Fair warning, I'm long-winded.

When Scouting twice on the same map, it summons two different groups to the same map for a "harder" challenge and more rewards. So I called two groups to five different maps and wrote down which two groups appeared and what their reward was. The map itself does not influence the groups summoned, nor does the level of the area. Lower level areas just summoned lesser versions of the Paralogue Map enemies I called after a restart. They also had less reward, so take note of that if you want to farm Gold.

Also note that after calling these groups to the maps, I restarted to clear them off.

Here are my Paralogue Map results:

1st - Diviner & Pegasus

2nd - Soldier & Faceless
3rd - Fighter & Outlaw
4th - Ninja & Fighter
5th - Apothecary & Samurai
After defeating the 1st without calling the rest, I thought the following order would randomize and a new two groups would be called. That didn't happen. I got the Soldier and Faceless groups the next time I scouted. So summoning two groups onto a map one after the other did not change the order. I tried summoning one group to each map one at a time after defeating the Diviner and Pegasus map. I got a new order.
1st - Soldier
2nd - Faceless
3rd - Faceless
So I restarted, called both Soldier and Faceless to one map and defeated them. Following what I did before, the 3rd time's two groups, Fighter & Outlaw, should be summoned the next time I scout twice in a row. Which they did. I then restarted and scouted once on two different maps. The first group was the same (Fighter), the second group wasn't (Pegasus). So when defeating two groups on one map, you change the single group's order (I just got lucky with getting Faceless after Soldier).
I tried the reverse next. Summoning the first group (Fighter), defeating it, and seeing if the two group order changed. It did change, and the strange thing was that the first group that was called was the same as the second group (Pegasus) I called when testing out the two group's order before.
So when calling two groups onto a map and defeating them, you change the single group's order (not including the first in the order).
When you call one group onto a map and defeat them, you change the two group's order (not including the first in the order).
To make a long (and most likely confusing) discovery even more long (and possibly confusing), I tried mixing between single and two.
1st - Pegasus & Ninja
2nd - Apothecary
3rd - Faceless & Fighter
4th - Fighter
5th - Samurai & Fighter
I then restarted to clear the map and tried the reverse.
1st - Pegasus
2nd - Apothecary & Fighter
3rd - Faceless
4th - Fighter & Spear Fighter
5th - Samurai
Strangely enough the first group called to each map was identical. So I tried some more mixed patterns.
1st - Pegasus & Ninja
2nd - Apothecary & Apothecary
3rd - Fighter
4th - Fighter
5th - Samurai & Fighter
I repeatedly this pattern to see if the Faceless would appear if I did two groups on the 3rd instead of leaving it at one. Faceless didn't appear but this caused the 4th and 5th maps to completely change. Again I restarted a tried a new pattern.
1st - Pegasus & Ninja
2nd - Apothecary
3rd - Faceless & Fighter
4th - Fighter & Outlaw
5th - Fighter & Knight
So while there is some randomness to the orders, it depends on how you summon the units. While I'm not sure on if there's an exact pattern or order and how they work, I did answer my initial question.

TLDR Version: Yes, you can farm Stat Boosters, you'll just need to grind maps a lot.
And if anyone else is interested in figuring this out, feel free to chime in.
Edited by Karis

So I actually noticed a similar pattern after some testing but then I realized I should beat Revelations before actually getting into it so, so far I've only messed around for a day.

The boss Ninja, Master Ninja, Outlaw and presumably Adventurers will hold either a Stat Booster, a Staff, a class Seal, a Seed of Trust, Elixir, or an Arms Scroll. (Might be missing something still). Bow Knights do not and I don't think Mechanist do either

The boss definitely isn't random but I'm not sure how to manipulate it yet.

Since I have the Money DLC I just scouted everywhere at once filling the both slots in each area and going down the list. If I didn't find a stat booster I reset and instead only scouted once in each area before scouting the second time. This usually gives fairly different spawns.

Also a castle visit (maybe it has to be a battle) the resets the challenges, allowing you to scout again.

Basically its not too hard to grind stat boosters if you have the money DLC but currently without a better understanding of the game mechanics its just more practical to just grind the characters normally.

So I actually noticed a similar pattern after some testing but then I realized I should beat Revelations before actually getting into it so, so far I've only messed around for a day.

The boss Ninja, Master Ninja, Outlaw and presumably Adventurers will hold either a Stat Booster, a Staff, a class Seal, a Seed of Trust, Elixir, or an Arms Scroll. (Might be missing something still). Bow Knights do not and I don't think Mechanist do either

The boss definitely isn't random but I'm not sure how to manipulate it yet.

Since I have the Money DLC I just scouted everywhere at once filling the both slots in each area and going down the list. If I didn't find a stat booster I reset and instead only scouted once in each area before scouting the second time. This usually gives fairly different spawns.

Also a castle visit (maybe it has to be a battle) the resets the challenges, allowing you to scout again.

Basically its not too hard to grind stat boosters if you have the money DLC but currently without a better understanding of the game mechanics its just more practical to just grind the characters normally.

Yeah, the Ninjas and Outlaws seem to carry all the good stuff. It's a good thing to look out for. And it's a good method you have. If you don't have the Money DLC, Paralogue Map challenges tend to give 4000-6000 Gold each run through.

Edited by Karis