Quick question regarding items

Radetzky120

So I'm finally starting work on a long-planned hack, and in my current concept the main lord gets the super legendary weapon, albeit in a de-powered/sealed state around 2/3s of the way in the game, and gets the ultimate version of said weapon near the end. Think something like the Noble/Grim/Alpha Yato then turning into the Blazing/Shadow/Omega Yato.

I was wondering if there was some kind of event routine you could run to essentially replace the weapon (e.g. remove the weapon from inventory then add the new one). Any ideas?

i suppose just dropping the link with no explanation isn't particularly helpful after all

these instructions assume you're using FE7; for FE8 there is probably a significantly easier way

the "impl.dmp" file contains a compiled assembly routine that does exactly what you want to do here. this was written for Elibean Nights with a very specific purpose, so at the moment it writes data into the middle of the (vanilla) item table and searches to replace Forblaze with Aircalibur. Now, I assume this isn't the behaviour you want, here's how you can fix that:

[EDIT: holy shit i just wrote up the entire explanation and SF's shitter of a post system lost it all to garbage formatting when I posted it.]

[EDIT2: Instructions re-uploaded here]

Bear in mind that I didn't bother working out all the kinks in this thing - if your Yato doesn't exist in anybody's inventory, the game will stall indefinitely. If this isn't desired behaviour, you'll either have to find someone to fix it or learn how to yourself.

Edited by CT075