Is Garon really Ganon?

StarXStone

So earlier today I had sort of an idea played in my head and then it got serious. It was a simple thought; why does Garon remind me so much of Ganondorf from Legend of Zelda. If your not familiar with LoZ (I've met hardcore gamers who don't know much about LoZ) Ganon is a dark wizard who is perceived by chosen oracles known as Sages or the warriors of the triforce goddesses (Farore=courage, Din=power, Nayru=wisdom) who chose to embed their gifts into, as an evil omen. No seriously all the townsfolk almost never mention Ganon, only the things hes done and to that they don't even know if he did it. The three warriors are always set in a certain time (or dimension) and events seem to always revolve around, if not in, the kingdom of Hyrule.

So I was in the shower and suddenly I was making comparisons about the two kings. Garon as we know uses faceless to fight for him which are basically undead. Either that or he has Leo do it for him, but something makes me think he can summon them himself since a lot of his subordinates can. Ganon summons redeads to guard his castle and if you look at a redead upclose he looks a bit like a faceless just not as much muscle and crazy mask... Anyway Ganon sends out minions and guardians to stop Link the main protagonist, so does Garon with his subordinates. In some of LoZ's dialog some of Ganon's minions actually don't like fighting for him or are fed up with Ganon's reign but know they will die or be destroyed if they don't comply. Same lies true with Garon.

There's a lot more comparisons to the two but I don't want to bombard you with a wall of text. But hey last thought, this wouldn't be the first time Fire Emblem had a play on names.

Don't forget that faceless and redead look alike except that they really dont. And vaguely zombie like soulless monsters are extremely common in fiction.

The only similarity between the two you gave that isn't the case for many villains is the names. Eh.

Also, imo Ganon doesn't come across as a cartoonish puppy kicker, while garon does.

So I was in the shower and suddenly I was making comparisons about the two kings. Sauron as we know uses faceless to fight for him which are basically undead. Either that or he has Saruman do it for him, but something makes me think he can summon them himself since a lot of his subordinates can. Sauron summons Orcs to guard his castle and if you look at a Orc upclose he looks a bit like a faceless just not as much muscle and crazy mask... Anyway Sauron sends out minions and guardians to stop Frodo the main protagonist, so does Sauron with his subordinates. In some of LoTR's dialog some of Sauron's minions actually don't like fighting for him or are fed up with Sauron's reign but know they will die or be destroyed if they don't comply. Same lies true with Sauron.

Edited by Knight

So both Ganon and Garon are bad guys and send minions to cause the hero trouble? Isn't that like, literally every villain ever forever?

yeah but explain the similarities between corrin and link

also roy marth and lucina are in smash and so is link and they are all animes that use swords.

also lucina is a gril and so is zelda and sheik who are also in smash.

also ike fucking sucks and so does ganondorf so FE and zelda must be linked

lol well what I meant was they have similar styles and attitudes. I mean yeah so does every villain ever I get that. I was more thinking in terms of ruling a kingdom and plunging the world into darkness and chaos, a sword is used to defeat them that only the wielder can use, using new found tools or dragon power to travel the map in a way that was not able to travel before, people being forced to fight, dragons and triforce goddesses, and i feel like it doesn't matter what I say at this point every ones more into "stereotypical comparing" shan the op shaaan!

Meh I still say Gorens design was influenced at least a little bit like Ganon.

lol well what I meant was they have similar styles and attitudes. I mean yeah so does every villain ever I get that. I was more thinking in terms of ruling a kingdom and plunging the world into darkness and chaos, a ring is used to defeat them that only the wielder can use, using new found eagles to travel the map in a way that was not able to travel before, people being forced to fight, dragons and Valar, and i feel like it doesn't matter what I say at this point every ones more into "stereotypical comparing" shan the op shaaan!

Meh I still say Gorens design was influenced at least a little bit like Sauron.

Nice try at a comparison, but unfortunately the archetype's existed for about 70 years.

lol well what I meant was they have similar styles and attitudes. I mean yeah so does every villain ever I get that. I was more thinking in terms of ruling a kingdom and plunging the world into darkness and chaos, a sword is used to defeat them that only the wielder can use, using new found tools or dragon power to travel the map in a way that was not able to travel before, people being forced to fight, dragons and triforce goddesses, and i feel like it doesn't matter what I say at this point every ones more into "stereotypical comparing" shan the op shaaan!

Meh I still say Gorens design was influenced at least a little bit like Ganon.

You're not even trying.

its not that im not trying its just now that someone pointed out "every villain does what Garon and Ganon have done", its true. I just wasn't thinking about other villain designs. It'd be the same like saying Sephiroth is just like Kefka or chrom is just like marth. I wasn't thinking of the generic design of characters I was more thinking of the actions they took and the methods they use to try to meet their goals.

its not that im not trying its just now that someone pointed out "every villain does what Garon and Ganon have done", its true. I just wasn't thinking about other villain designs. It'd be the same like saying Sephiroth is just like Kefka or chrom is just like marth. I wasn't thinking of the generic design of characters I was more thinking of the actions they took and the methods they use to try to meet their goals.

So I was in the shower and suddenly I was making comparisons about the two kings. Sauron as we know uses faceless to fight for him which are basically undead. Either that or he has Saruman do it for him, but something makes me think he can summon them himself since a lot of his subordinates can. Sauron summons Orcs to guard his castle and if you look at a Orc upclose he looks a bit like a faceless just not as much muscle and crazy mask... Anyway Sauron sends out minions and guardians to stop Frodo the main protagonist, so does Sauron with his subordinates. In some of LoTR's dialog some of Sauron's minions actually don't like fighting for him or are fed up with Sauron's reign but know they will die or be destroyed if they don't comply. Same lies true with Sauron.

Aren't these the actions you're talking about? I know what you're trying to get at, but in this post I make no comparisons about design.