WHY TITANIA WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME

WHYYYYY. I'm replaying this game, and Titania killed the 3 first bosses. I wanted to give those to ike. Even is Ike is standing in front of her. They walk past Him! WHYYYY TITANIA YOU KILL STEALING BIATCH

Had to rant

Ah yes, the day when I learned that Jagens and especially Titania make far better use of boss exp then lower-leveled units do. It opened up a whole new world for me. And I probably would have gotten into already trouble in my current Maniac run if I didn't allow Titania to get her fair share of levels in the first half of the game.

Edited by BrightBow

Here's a novel idea: If you want someone to kill the boss, don't put anyone besides that character in the boss' range. That much preferable to getting frustrated.

Why do you even use her so early in this game?

Just unequip her and you'll be fine.

Because not using her early on is just making the game harder for yourself.

Even more so considering that in some levels Ike is actually the only low level unit that you have. And Ike is hitting level 20 early enough anyway.

^ RIP experience

We're not talking about LTC, do we?

You want to be fast either way since it gives you more Bonus EXP. And there are plenty of additional circumstances that encourage a quick progression, like Marcia in chapter 3 or the Black Knight in chapter 11.

Edited by BrightBow

^ RIP experience

We're not talking about LTC, do we?

I've never LTC'd FE9 before (outside of drafting, which is a different experience entirely), but I've heard that you want to give as little EXP to Titania as possible in that context (while still using her).

• 4 weeks later...

I've never LTC'd FE9 before (outside of drafting, which is a different experience entirely), but I've heard that you want to give as little EXP to Titania as possible in that context (while still using her).

Not really. The EXP curve in that game is really nice. As long as you are using everyone, you're fine.

Honestly, the only guys getting EXP on my runs before Marcia joins, are Tits and Soren. Ike gets plenty from smushing randos, not bosses. Soren, i have to specifically feed. Tits can just smush the hell out of bosses cuz she aint getting much from randos. Dont sweat it, guy.

Your unpromoted units can make excellent use of BEXP. However, since Titania is promoted it costs her more to level with it, so giving her boss kills lets her get her share of EXP. You get so much BEXP in Path of Radiance that you can have Titania basically solo the early game maps, and still end up using a complete, fully leveled team. Plus, Titania's growths are very good, so you shouldn't be forced to drop her later on due to bad levels.

Dude, chill. Now that I managed to play PoR, I can say you are kinda exaggerating. Despite being an early game prepromote, Titania is one of the best units in both FE9 and FE10. Even if she steals boss kills, you still have Bonus EXP to units that should have killed that boss. Not to mention, at the end, Titania will be getting killer level ups in quite a good number of stats.

• 2 weeks later...

Letting Titania get the boss EXP won't kill you. On higher difficulties especially, it's totally fine if not recommended since she isn't a bad unit. Though on lower difficulties I'd recommend not using her at all, as Oscar will have many more level ups to go through and can easily surpass her if not RNG screwed. RD is a different story though.