Shadow Ban and Powersaves

twice

Since many people here seem to have questions about it/are worried if they'll get shadowbanned from Powersaves...

There's quite a few threads already mentioning Shadowbans, but I wanted to neatly organize this topic.

(This is only concerning Powersaves, so I can't help you cheaters if you are using some other hack methods.)

Here's the run down of the many asked questions:

Why is it called a Shadowban?

It is, from what I've gathered called a 'shadow' ban because you won't be notified if you are banned. It is a result of trying to stop illegal hacks.

So what exactly does it mean?

If you are shadowbanned for using Powersaves, no one can visit your castle. Although you can still visit other castles.

You'll most likely not be able to participate in online battles if the team you've chosen is from the file that is shadowbanned.

^You will get an error as soon as you are at the preparation screen.

What causes a ban like this?

When you use the Powersaves codes to hack on illegal weapons or skills it results in a Shadowban.

More specifically:

Enemy weapons, Enemy skills, basically anything that can't be done legit in game such as a Dragonstone +7/Beaststone +7, NPC exclusives, etc.

If you are confused about accidentally hacking on enemy weapons you can visit this page for more information.

If you are confused about accidentally hacking on enemy skills you can visit this page for more information.

Some enemy skills will not cause a ban, includes: Wing Shield, Armor Shield, Beast Shield and Bold Stance.

If I get banned on one file, what about my others?

Getting shadowbanned on one file will not affect your other game saves/files.

Can I undo this ban?

Yes. You will have to put the illegal weapons/items/skills/whatever in your inventory/equipped skills and overwrite it with a save.

You could either Powersaves different items/etc over so it removes, or click the option that selects it to be empty, in Powersaves.

Doing that will remove whatever causes the shadowbans (after you update your data it should all be good).

Um, Jin how do you even know about this stuff?

From my own experience. I've tested out many things as well to see if it causes bans and whatnot.

Hopefully this topic can help someone! If I forgot to add something, I apologize in advance.

Edited by Jin

Worth a mention is that some skills that are currently enemy-only aren't necessarily enemy-only in causing shadowbans. This is likely because they're disc-locked content (and because these skills can be taught via skill manual items).

Wing Shield

Armor Shield

Beast Shield

Bold Stance

I still got peeps visiting my castle even though I currently have 3 of my units knowing those skills and have the skill manual items in my convoy.

Edited by Roflolxp54

• 2 weeks later...

Currently testing out "shadowbans" and they're not as absolute as you might think, you CAN use Dragonskin on your units (and others, even +31/+60 weapons) As long as you aren't updating constantly. (Don't use +31/+60 weapons on making your base's defense or you won't get visitors) But you can get visitors with Dragonskin as well as battle with it.

Evidence: My Castle
10929-58061
42783-54641

(Please don't try to fight since the units are obviously cheated '_>')

Edit: I triggered something to start making the shadowbans occur now, I am yet to pin down what it was (might be the Beaststone +7s)

Edited by D4C

Could you put Dragonskin on your MU? And test it?

I remembering hearing somewhere that the server or whatever it is really just checks for the MU skills but I'm not sure..

Could you put Dragonskin on your MU? And test it?

I remembering hearing somewhere that the server or whatever it is really just checks for the MU skills but I'm not sure..

It was on him, as well as capture too, '_>'. I put a +31 weapon in my Castle though, and it started slamming me 3 ways from backwards. I currently cleared all dragon skins but my MU and Felicia one, I'm still testing more. I can confirm though it doesn't test just MU it tests either who is in your castle/who you used in your last attack on an enemy castle.

It was on him, as well as capture too, '_>'. I put a +31 weapon in my Castle though, and it started slamming me 3 ways from backwards. I currently cleared all dragon skins but my MU and Felicia one, I'm still testing more. I can confirm though it doesn't test just MU it tests either who is in your castle/who you used in your last attack on an enemy castle.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, Dragonskin and personal skills wouldn't trigger shadowbans or something?

So, if I'm reading this correctly, Dragonskin and personal skills wouldn't trigger shadowbans or something?

It seems as long as you DON'T UPDATE and and you just keep rushing the battles yes (no psave items like the sivler sword etc in your defense) and you'll be good to go.

I'm still trying to find what's legal and not, it seems to be auto updating after every 3-5 battles so you just have to soft reset (if soft resetting doesn't work you might have to remove the powersaved abilities then restart the process)

• 2 weeks later...

My friend's been using powersaves for awhile to get some infinite Entraps and enemies skill (I can't recall the name, something that enables dual attack while in pair) because he struggles at some chapters, but I can still visit his castle just fine. Is it because he only uses it to get past Story mode and not putting them up in castle defenders' inventory?

My friend's been using powersaves for awhile to get some infinite Entraps and enemies skill (I can't recall the name, something that enables dual attack while in pair) because he struggles at some chapters, but I can still visit his castle just fine. Is it because he only uses it to get past Story mode and not putting them up in castle defenders' inventory?

That is correct. As long as they're not equipped onto your castle defenders, you should be fine.

Bold Stance doesn't get anyone shadowbanned, as it's an unreleased skill, like the Winged, Beast, and Armor, so he should be fine with that skill. I bought Linkmstr's Hinoka from his Ally Shop, which the Winged and Beast Shields equipped. I didn't want to miss out on those skills so I bought her.

Edited by VallaKnight12

Bold Stance doesn't get anyone shadowbanned, as it's an unreleased skill, like the Winged, Beast, and Armor, so he should be fine with that skill. I bought Linkmstr's Hinoka from his Ally Shop, which the Winged and Beast Shields equipped. I didn't want to miss out on those skills so I bought her.

Those skills aren't even 'released' in JP despite being code-locked into the game's coding.

I know, I'm just having them as a trophy, I'm looking forward to their official release. When Bold Stance comes out officially, I'm teaching to to my Asugi.

Selena can be good at abusing the skill if the lead unit has Bold Stance and is running a crit build.

I know, I'm just having them as a trophy, I'm looking forward to their official release. When Bold Stance comes out officially, I'm teaching to to my Asugi.

Ok, I'm just trying to understand how and if you're going to show them to others via placing them on your My Castle online team or not. While it's not that bad to put enemy-only skills (that aren't exclusively enemy-only [iE. Dragonskin, Divine Shield, Status Immunity/Resistance, Staff Savant and etc]) on your My Castle team, it can possibly make others who expect to get them eventually in a DLC update or frustrated upset since you got them when no one else has received them yet. I encountered a non-Blue Shield Boss Castle as in a My Castle with 4-5 Capturable Bosses without their status as being unobtainable via buying them from others (obviously powersaved) who had Lloyd equipped with Bold Stance. The actual fight was short-lived in my favor (all of the enemies boasted 55+ Str and at least 65+ Attack) since my Shiro and Kiragi were just 'broken' at that point (on my RV save file).

Ok, I'm just trying to understand how and if you're going to show them to others via placing them on your My Castle online team or not. While it's not that bad to put enemy-only skills (that aren't exclusively enemy-only [iE. Dragonskin, Divine Shield, Status Immunity/Resistance, Staff Savant and etc]) on your My Castle team, it can possibly make others who expect to get them eventually in a DLC update or frustrated upset since you got them when no one else has received them yet. I encountered a non-Blue Shield Boss Castle as in a My Castle with 4-5 Capturable Bosses without their status as being unobtainable via buying them from others (obviously powersaved) who had Lloyd equipped with Bold Stance. The actual fight was short-lived in my favor (all of the enemies boasted 55+ Str and at least 65+ Attack) since my Shiro and Kiragi were just 'broken' at that point (on my RV save file).

I see, I'm not going to use Linkmstr's Hinoka at all, I'm just going to look at those skills to have a taste of the currently unreleased DLC skills, but I can see what you mean, but I got the Hinoka from Linkmstr, I sometimes wonder why he put those on her and Xander and Camila.

I see, I'm not going to use Linkmstr's Hinoka at all, I'm just going to look at those skills to have a taste of the currently unreleased DLC skills, but I can see what you mean, but I got the Hinoka from Linkmstr, I sometimes wonder why he put those on her and Xander and Camila.

Well, for Hinoka and Camilla (both whose base classes are weak to Bows and Excalibur), Winged Shield makes sense as it removes their only weaknesses (although having it before it's official release and placing the unreleased skills on your online team is technically cheating). Beast Shield for Xander since Beast Killer and Beastbane no longer do bonus damage to him if it is equipped. Bold Stance just to troll opponents when in Dual Stance.

He probably just did that for fun and entertainment when the game starts to get boring after a while (hey I can relate to most of that minus the hacking part which I haven't done yet and probably won't find an easy way to do so if I even bother).

IE. I responded to someone on another thread regarding true enemy-only skills (those that can only be found on units who are treated as enemy only), he really wants Dragonskin (primarily to show the skill off) and I keep telling him that no one can visit his My Castle until he removes that skill from the affected characters who are on his online team since the game tags that as illegal and blocks his My Castle off from other players.

Well, for Hinoka and Camilla (both whose base classes are weak to Bows and Excalibur), Winged Shield makes sense as it removes their only weaknesses (although having it before it's official release and placing the unreleased skills on your online team is technically cheating). Beast Shield for Xander since Beast Killer and Beastbane no longer do bonus damage to him if it is equipped. Bold Stance just to troll opponents when in Dual Stance.

He probably just did that for fun and entertainment when the game starts to get boring after a while (hey I can relate to most of that minus the hacking part which I haven't done yet and probably won't find an easy way to do so if I even bother).

IE. I responded to someone on another thread regarding true enemy-only skills (those that can only be found on units who are treated as enemy only), he really wants Dragonskin (primarily to show the skill off) and I keep telling him that no one can visit his My Castle until he removes that skill from the affected characters who are on his online team since the game tags that as illegal and blocks his My Castle off from other players.

I bought Linkmstr's Takumi, which has Point Blank, which should be fine now, since we're getting that skill soon, and it's out in Japan. I see, that's a good point, that would make sense.

Edit:

I decided to remove the Takumi, since the Point Blank skill is coming soon, and I can wait a little longer, so I bought skills off of him.

Edited by VallaKnight12

I bought Linkmstr's Takumi, which has Point Blank, which should be fine now, since we're getting that skill soon, and it's out in Japan. I see, that's a good point, that would make sense.

Edit:

I decided to remove the Takumi, since the Point Blank skill is coming soon, and I can wait a little longer, so I bought skills off of it.

Plus, Mini Bow and Shining Bow can be used at 1 range by default, so Point Blank's value is a bit questionable for certain characters.

Plus, Mini Bow and Shining Bow can be used at 1 range by default, so Point Blank's value is a bit questionable for certain characters.

Mini Bow is stuck at 1-tile range and the Shining Bow can't crit or activate offensive trigger skills, which are both drawbacks outside of the shaky accuracy they both share. Point Blank allows you to set up Bow/Yumi-users for 1-3 range with more freedom to attack instead of being stuck at attacking only at a distance. Since most Bows/Yumis that can be obtained are 2-tile range weapons, you can now attack with non-Mini/Shining Bows and crit/activate offensive trigger skills with less trouble. You also get the ability to threaten enemies who would normally KO you up close since you are now far more deadly. It also helps since you can stick that skill on the likes of Niles, Takumi, Setsuna and Anna once you get them without the fear of enemies entering melee range and KOing them without the being able to defend themselves.

It will also make Ballisticians more useful as a mob weakening unit since they have a lot more attack range on the side.