Does it take anyone else way too long to build up weapon ranks?

GuiltyLove

As of yesterday I beat all three paths and I think I've only gotten one or two characters in each path to A rank weapons. I used Oboro a lot in Revelation and she never even hit S rank in spears. In fact, my Corrin didn't heart seal at all in Revelation and never hit A rank in swords x__X

I wonder if I'm just using too many characters...

I'd honestly say it's not just you. Going from E to D is painless enough, but going from C to B and everything afterwards is torture.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Using an Eternal Seal at 20 should be enough to get them to S. Most of my characters reached A by level 20 in both Conquest and Birthright, and I'm gonna be training them soon on my Rev run.

You likely won't get anyone to S rank without Arms Scrolls. I had a lot of characters barely breaking through A rank by endgame. Considering how worthless E rank weapons are, I wouldn't mind them being abolished, at the very least for promoted classes.

Edited by NekoKnight

I am seriously convinced E weapons give less wpn exp.

I always save up my arms scrolls for units I promote, otherwise there's no reason for a character to use a bronze axe when you have loads of good swords to fight with.

Edited by LeDom

I've had no problems with weapon ranks in my main Rev file, but that would be because I'm the kind of person who grinds for the max money amount.

You know what is a pain? Most classes can't reach A rank on their secondary weapon. A bit of a disappointment for me, since I main lances on a wyvern lord.

So I am on the final chapter on Conquest and Azura died, so I reclassed Elise to Maid so she can reach S rank in staves(Bisfrost); how long will it take to go from A to S? I don't want to reset lmao...

Honestly? If you don't have an arms scroll you're gonna have a hard time not getting blown up after that many hundreds of turns. And there's a limited amount of dragon veins you can use to block the boss's area attack, so I suggest resetting

Honestly? If you don't have an arms scroll you're gonna have a hard time not getting blown up after that many hundreds of turns. And there's a limited amount of dragon veins you can use to block the boss's area attack, so I suggest resetting

Yeah I could already tell it wasn't going to be pretty and I got demotivated when I saw fortify only give 1% of that bar lmao. Will reset!

I try to forge +7 Bronze Swords for my Master Ninjas (gonna promote Kaze after weeks of benching him), but chances are...im just gonna use Shurikens erryday.

The only person I've gotten to S Rank their weapon is Ryoma, and I kinda just farmed weapon exp in a random castle when I got halfway through A Rank.

In Birthright, I got Ryoma and Oboro to S. I tried to get Takumi S as well, but failed. I think the Water Wheel is pretty good...

The thing I really dislike is that promo'ing will just bump you up to the next level. I think it may have always been like that, but I'm really noticing it in fates, where I'm delaying a Silas promotion so he can get from very high D to C lances before promoting.

Edited by Sane Young Dog Man

I really want to get Leo up to S, but i'm nearing endgame and he's still at B because I tend to use him more as a Dual Guard buddy for Sakura.

A shame; he's my favourite character too... at least Sorc!Leo kicking Monkeys at people never gets old.

On Birthright, I got Kaze to rank S Shurikens and Ryoma to rank S swords. That's literally about it, over the course of all my playthroughs and I haven't finished Revelations yet but I'd say leveling up weapon ranks is a pain.

I honestly think they should have gone with the fe11/12 system where certain classes have default ranks on certain weapons so you're not instant E's in everything.