Should we be able to name our kid?

Suspect

I dislike Kana as well. Just everything about him/her. Weird name, annoying voice, a little too young to be in an army (but that doesnt matter much), weird design. Morgan was a great child imo.

Should we, also i just don't like the default name of kana.

I can't edit titles so, "Should we be able to name our kid?"

I think it'd be nice to name our own children, I don't mind the name Kana that much though.

Also, if you edit your post, press "use full editor" you can rename the title of the topic!

I dislike Kana as well. Just everything about him/her. Weird name, annoying voice, a little too young to be in an army (but that doesnt matter much), weird design. Morgan was a great child imo.

A tad irrelevant, but whatever.

/On-topic, IMO the name 'Kana' is *okay*, but I definitely would have also liked to name him/her. I feel like the only instance to do so though would be immediately after childbirth.

I'd totally name my kid "Demonslayer." ...Or "Ara." Yeah, I get it, though. It's our child, why can't we name them?

At least you can rename bond units (upon first getting them). Not quite children characters but yeah. At least that's a thing.

What are "bond units," btw. I see them on the unit logbook, but I don't know what they are.

I'd totally name my kid "Demonslayer." ...Or "Ara." Yeah, I get it, though. It's our child, why can't we name them?

What are "bond units," btw. I see them on the unit logbook, but I don't know what they are.

Metaphorically speaking, bond units are like children of 2 player avatars. You can make a bond unit with another player by mutually sending each other 3 accessories. The default name and personal skill that the bond unit comes with depends on which story path each player is playing and they can inherit skills and classes similarly to how children characters inherit skills and classes from their parents. In terms of appearance, they are built using the avatar system though they tend to share some physical characteristics of the player avatars involved in making a bond unit. It's also perfectly possible to make a bond unit even if both player avatars are of the same gender.

I definitely think you should be able to choose their gender, or make it be random. Having an opposite gendered kid every time is a bit boring, particularly in Fates because they're pretty much just cutesy-wutesy rehashes of Morgan without the personality.

As for names? I don't think so.

It'd just make everything too confusing IMO. Like someone draws fanart online of their kid and captions it "Look at my sweet Rosemary!" when mine is called Dickfart.

I'd be like, "that's not my Dickfart. Who is this impostor? Who is Rosemary?"

I'd also like to echo that Kana's male voice sucks. His JP one was cute but goddamn that ENG voice is hard to swallow.

if they made that an option i'd also like for there to be a default name, since im not so good at naming. kinda like how its technically corrin/kamui but u can rename them

I would like to be able to name Kana, yes. It would also be nice to pick gender too since I despise F!Kana but I love M!Kana (Minus his voice).

I think it would be neat to name the avatar's kid but as nordopolica said, it would get a bit confusing with them (unless they had a default name like the avatar) with fanart and such. I mean, I don't mind Kana's name and all but I would have liked to change their name once in while.

To be honest, I would like being able to choose which gender they can be (or maybe make it random and/or have the chance to have twins) more then anything else. It's getting to be little boring that you can only have the opposite gendered child, no matter what. I mean, I want to have two daughters and play as a female!avatar! Like, is that too much to ask for? >:l

Also, it might just be me but I honestly thought that male!Kana sounded more like a little girl then female!Kana ever did. Going to echo something, I thought male!Kana's Japanese voice was cute but his English is something and I just can't listen to it. Why does Treehouse hate you so much, male!Kana?

Edited by December Knight