So uhh, Discord Thread?

Elieson

I just got it and I have no fucking clue what I'm doing with it. However, I figure I should get involved with the mainstream. Can someone throw me a bone here on how to add people and/or join servers that other people already have?

fwiw I'm Elieson | #4395

discord is really good

you join a server by putting in a link someone gives you to a server

you add friends by using the add friend thing and typing their discord tag

simple, really

I just found the Add Friend through the browser thing just now. Damn I'm slow at this.

I need their Link though? There's no search function? mmk

Someone needs to give you the link to a server then you're in. Oh and don't use the browser btw. Its really really bad compared to the program

Edited by JDT001

I'm on as Kirie (#3765) for as much as I remember to go on. I would certainly join a group made for SF, and I'm a part of the /r/fireemblem chats as well.

Bullwine85 #9415 here.

I'm on the /r/fireemblem chats on Discord a bunch, and would be more than willing to join a SF discord as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Uh... there's already an SF Smash Discord.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64298

And some folks are already using it to talk about other games.

I wanted to contact Lord Raven and ask him to add a few more text channels like "Mario", "Zelda", etc., and put the topic here in General Gaming, but he hasn't responded to my PM yet.

If necessary, I would like to create an all-encompassing server for the SF community, with text and speech channels for all the big topics.

I mean, honestly, anyone is free to join that discord channel, but it's primarily for smash. I will add other stuff to it if the need arises or if there's enough of a request for it, but I don't want to randomly shoehorn some new text channels in for the sake of it.

EDIT: like there's an FF14 crew in there because there was demand for FF14, and a lot of people in chat play yugioh so we put in Yugioh. We don't have enough people talking about Zelda or Mario to warrant making those channels.

Edited by Lord Raven

There's currently three Zelda topics visible in General Gaming (one is mine, but still), and a couple Mario topics.

Can you give me a role with "Manage Channels" permission? I can create those channels and see if people use them.

Also, I made this for the server icon. I think it will look nice.

http://i.imgur.com/AdVw834.jpg

Edited by Zera

Umm, I'm referring to the demand in the chat not the demand on the forums. There's a difference. I'm not going to give you permissions to edit stuff ever btw