Favorite Games of 2016 so far?

SSbardock84

What are your guys favorite new video games that have come out so far this year. Mine are Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, and The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD.

Trails of Cold Steel came out in 2016 for Europe over here, so that's my favourite game of 2016 so far. Chances are it'll stay there if we don't get Cold Steel 2 this year, unless TMS #FE and/or Fates exceed my expectations

EDIT: Oh, and if by some miracle we get Persona 5 this year, I have no doubt that'll contest with Cold Steel 1 or 2

Edited by DodgeDusk

Stardew Valley has been really fun so far. A little barebones compared to Rune Factory 4 at times since they tried to bring in an element of combat, but it's more along the lines of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature/64 if you ignore the monster mine. Has a lot of potential down the road since it's got a growing mod community. Out of all the new games I've gotten so far this year, it has the most playtime under FFXIV.

I want to like Fire Emblem more than I do but FFXIV patch 3.2 dropped at the same time. When I start working again tomorrow Fire Emblem will likely pick up traction as I spend 2 hours a day on public transit.

Hyrule Warriors Legends. Definitely the best portable Warriors game I've played yet... well, as long as it is played on the New 3DS. On the old models, the performance leaves a lot to be desired.

Edited by BrightBow

Project X Zone 2 all of the FE Fates paths and Legend of Zelda TPHD are the only games that have come out this year that I have played and I like them all. I expect to add TMS #FE and Zelda U to the list and I am hoping that SMT IV Final will come out in the west this year as well.

Cold Steel

Hmmm... I the only ones I've bought are Street Fighter V and Nitroplus Blasterz.

I'm anticipating a lot of hype ones though. Overwatch, King of Fighters XIV, Ys VIII, Cold Steel II... can't wait for this year~

Might get Battleborn, Star Fox Zero, and Star Ocean V too, we shall see.

There are still games to come and I didn't really pick much up (probably because of my giant backlog) but so far Project X Zone 2 and Megadimension even if I didn't finish them yet I'm really enjoying so far

and no I cant pick between the two it's just not possible...

Bravely Second, only partly through it but I'm having the best time playing it! First played Bravely Default roughly this time last year, early March 2015 loved it so much, so this is like the perfect anniversary.

Runner ups are Xcom 2 and Fire Emblem Fates, they are both really good games it just that when I played Bravely Default I felt like I did when I first played FFVI and FFVII for the first time 10 years ago and I'm getting that feeling now again with Bravely Second

If I had to guess, I'm going to say Conquest or Revelations will end up being my game of the year, but since I won't get to play Fates at all until next month, that's pure speculation at this point.

I haven't played all too many games yet this year, but I suppose Bravely Second gets the top spot so far.