Azura and Corrin- (Spoilers)

vanguard333

I'm more surprised that Treehouse actually left that in of all things. I think most people actually expected them to change that yet they left it. :)

It's kind of stupid that neither Corrin or Azura mentions it though. At no point is it ever mentioned between them that they know they are cousins.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your waifu is so bland that no amount of salt can salvage her :P:

In all seriousness, I'm the type of person who believes that family is family and the lines between romantic and family should stay the fuck away from each other. I'm inclined to give Kamui and Aqua a "pass" solely on the basis that they never knew they were related until Revelation 24.

That said, it's still stupid. Not only do they NOT do anything with it, but what the fuck did it accomplish anyway? It's not like Kamui being related to Aqua suddenly makes them more "valid" for anything in the story. It really just is brought up and has ZERO effect on the storyline or the characters … and just makes IS look like a bunch of incest-obsessed weirdos.

I have the same problem with Kamui not being related to the Hoshidans. The only thing that would change if Kamui was related to the Hoshidans was not being able to marry them, and a stupid pointless DLC about Awakening kids that brings up more plotholes than answers would not exist. Nothing of value would be lost.

I mostly agree with this, though i also give Corrin and Azura a pass because their relationship has ZERO impact on the story (i almost never acknowledge their relation). They go out of their way to justify marrying the Hoshidan siblings by basically chopping down the plot intensity (and making my favorite character look like a hypocrite in the process) and then out of no where Azura is your cousin.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

I do wanna know why they made them cousins in the first place. To... excuse the dragon blood?

Like, it's just like a "ps" or footnote.

Did someone sneak it in the script? It feels like it.

Your waifu is so bland that no amount of salt can salvage her :P:

In all seriousness, I'm the type of person who believes that family is family and the lines between romantic and family should stay the fuck away from each other. I'm inclined to give Kamui and Aqua a "pass" solely on the basis that they never knew they were related until Revelation 24.

That said, it's still stupid. Not only do they NOT do anything with it, but what the fuck did it accomplish anyway? It's not like Kamui being related to Aqua suddenly makes them more "valid" for anything in the story. It really just is brought up and has ZERO effect on the storyline or the characters … and just makes IS look like a bunch of incest-obsessed weirdos.

I have the same problem with Kamui not being related to the Hoshidans. The only thing that would change if Kamui was related to the Hoshidans was not being able to marry them, and a stupid pointless DLC about Awakening kids that brings up more plotholes than answers would not exist. Nothing of value would be lost.

Bro, I will fight you! 1v1 me, steel cage match to the death!

Anyway, you make a good point with the Hoshido siblings. All that mental gymnastics to justify S-Ranking them at the cost of one of the game's motifs and then they make the most encouraged pairing in the game cousins. What was the point, aside from Waifu/Husbandos?

I do wanna know why they made them cousins in the first place. To... excuse the dragon blood?

That's another thing, if they wanted to go the incest route, they had the perfect justification for it in the Dragon's Vein. I mean, the whole reason Manfroy had Arvis and Deidre get married was so that someone would be born with Major Loptyr Blood if I recall correctly, so why couldn't it be established that incest happened to preserve the Dragon Blood and as an attempt to have a child be born with the ability to become a dragon? Oh, I know, because IS couldn't world-build for shit and decided that waifus and husbandos were more important than having a good plot.

Edited by Phillius

Bro, I will fight you! 1v1 me, steel cage match to the death!

Anyway, you make a good point with the Hoshido siblings. All that mental gymnastics to justify S-Ranking them at the cost of one of the game's motifs and then they make the most encouraged pairing in the game cousins. What was the point, aside from Waifu/Husbandos?

That's another thing, if they wanted to go the incest route, they had the perfect justification for it in the Dragon's Vein. I mean, the whole reason Manfroy and Deidre hook up was so that someone would be born with Major Loptyr Blood if I recall correctly, so why couldn't it be established that incest happened to preserve the Dragon Blood and as an attempt to have a child be born with the ability to become a dragon? Oh, I know, because IS couldn't world-build for shit and decided that waifus and husbandos were more important than having a good plot.

But Manfroy and Deirdre didn't hook up. That was Arvis.....

Oh God now I have bad images in my head. I need an adult ;____:

IntSys has an incest fetish?

No, seriously, that's the only reason I can think of, because everything that relies on Corrin being Vallite royalty had another, easier explanation. Corrin having dragon blood? His dad is the dragon. Corrin taking the throne? "You conquered it, you own it" is practically Fire Emblem logic. Corrin needing a reason to bang the siblings? Simple, don't let him bang the siblings.

The only moment that maybe kind of actually relied on them being Vallite was their little jaunt through the lake in Conquest 15, which is implied to be something only Vallites can do. And even then! Even then they didn't have to be related, just Vallite.

This. I mean, I get that Japan has different cultural values and they see cousin marriage as acceptable, and that making their pushed pairing related wouldn't hinder them. I just...don't see a reason for it to be in the game. They don't do anything with it. It's just there.

The only moment that maybe kind of actually relied on them being Vallite was their little jaunt through the lake in Conquest 15, which is implied to be something only Vallites can do. And even then! Even then they didn't have to be related, just Vallite.

ITT: Gunter is a Vallite. Or something.

But yeah, Kamui and Aqua being related does absolutely nothing for the story. It's not like Kamui being Aqua's cousin makes them any more legitimate for the Valla throne. Why are they crowned king/queen of Valla anyway? Because apparently the Mary Sue journey would not be complete without them ruling over something? I mean … I wouldn't mind the incest and the "we're not related" parts so much if it had an actual plot reason for being there. But there isn't. All of it is there as either an excuse to marry the Hoshido siblings, or it feels like someone's fetish.

Edited by Sunwoo

But Manfroy and Deirdre didn't hook up. That was Arvis.....

Oh God now I have bad images in my head. I need an adult ;____:

That was a typo on my part, it's fixed now. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to drink a gallon of bleach in order to remove the filth from my body.

EDIT:

But yeah, Kamui and Aqua does absolutely nothing for the story. It's not like Kamui being Aqua's cousin makes them any more legitimate for the Valla throne. Why are they crowned king/queen of Valla anyway? Because apparently the Mary Sue journey would not be complete without them ruling over something? I mean … I wouldn't mind the incest and the "we're not related" parts so much if it had an actual plot reason for being there. But there isn't. All of it is there as either an excuse to marry the Hoshido siblings, or it feels like someone's fetish.

Kamui get's the throne because Azura doesn't want it if they're not married. If they are married, he's the King by marriage.

Edited by Phillius

EDIT:

Kamui get's the throne because Azura doesn't want it if they're not married. If they are married, he's the King by marriage.

Well, my point is more that Kamui and Aqua don't need to be related for Kamui to get the throne. If Aqua really is the rightful heir to the throne, then she can technically pass it on to whoever she wishes. She could probably pass it on to a dog if she really wanted to. Not to mention that Kamui, being Hydra's child and being the one to put down Hydra in the end anyway, has claim to it on their own as well.

Besides, not having any ties to the throne never stopped Micaiah in RD from becoming the queen of Daein, when the true heir of Daein was still living.

Well, my point is more that Kamui and Aqua don't need to be related for Kamui to get the throne. If Aqua really is the rightful heir to the throne, then she can technically pass it on to whoever she wishes. She could probably pass it on to a dog if she really wanted to. Not to mention that Kamui, being Hydra's child and being the one to put down Hydra in the end anyway, has claim to it on their own as well.

Besides, not having any ties to the throne never stopped Micaiah in RD from becoming the queen of Daein, when the true heir of Daein was still living.

Exactly. If Kamui doesn't marry Azura, she doesn't want it anyway and gives it to him. If they are married, then he's the King by marriage and being the one that kills Anankos, I can't imagine anyone would complain that Kamui isn't the rightful ruler. It all serves to make the reveal extra pointless.

Exactly. If Kamui doesn't marry Azura, she doesn't want it anyway and gives it to him. If they are married, then he's the King by marriage and being the one that kills Anankos, I can't imagine anyone would complain that Kamui isn't the rightful ruler. It all serves to make the reveal extra pointless.

Well, that was what I was saying anyway, that the reveal is stupid pointless :P: That's the biggest reason I don't like Kamui and Aqua being cousins. It doesn't add anything, and it doesn't make Kamui gaining the Valla throne any more valid than it would've been without the reveal. It feels like it's just there for fetish fuel.

Edited by Sunwoo

That's another thing, if they wanted to go the incest route, they had the perfect justification for it in the Dragon's Vein. I mean, the whole reason Manfroy had Arvis and Deidre get married was so that someone would be born with Major Loptyr Blood if I recall correctly, so why couldn't it be established that incest happened to preserve the Dragon Blood and as an attempt to have a child be born with the ability to become a dragon? Oh, I know, because IS couldn't world-build for shit and decided that waifus and husbandos were more important than having a good plot.

They probably were like, "we already did that in the last game with our villain creating the perfect super soldier by blood!"

if thats what they actually thought i'd probably die a bit because hahaha you k n o w

They probably were like, "we already did that in the last game with our villain creating the perfect super soldier by blood!"

if thats what they actually thought i'd probably die a bit because hahaha you k n o w

I don't remember Robin being the villain, but Morgan sure was a super soldier.

I don't remember Robin being the villain, but Morgan sure was a super soldier.

Can't tell if joking but I was meaning Validar if you didn't know, sorry. ;w;

Like most, I just hate how poorly handled the incest is. It doesn't really matter if a couple is incestuous as long as they're aware of it and consenting. The only reason Fates' incest is uncomfortable is because its fetish pandering and not well-written. notgonnastopmefrommarryingleotho.

I know I won't be s ranking her cause marrying my cousin isn't something I would do. However I don't mind that they're cousins because it's not really a big deal and the game doesn't treat it like a big deal anyway so who cares.

I like how half of the roster you assume are straight up brother/sisters until you propose, and THIS is the issue you have

Well first of all it's only four people on the roster you think are related to you by blood, you know from the outset that you aren't related to the Nohrian Siblings. Second of all, you say that as if nobody in this thread has a problem with that. We do, it's been mentioned several times. We can have a problem with both you know.

In a historical context, it wasn't uncommon for relatives to marry each other.

IS drew inspiration from European and Asian history, as they have discussed in their development videos (link 1, 2 and 3). Renaissance Europe, Feudal Japan - nobility and upper-class families often had arranged marriages so in their culture, it wasn't a huge (if not an) issue at all. It's just strange for a lot of us who never lived it, or know people who have experienced it (partially or fully).

I personally know people who have, so it's not an issue with me at all.

Even now, some families arrange marriages for their children. India is one of them, the caste system still being present. It is also present in China (having done research on arranged marriages for an assignment before), as families want them to marry well.

Edited by NightStar

We can have a problem with both you know.

Or we can be like me who has problem with everything!

Seriously though, I don't have much more to add to this. I wouldn't have minded the incest if it was actually treated as, you know, a big deal or at the very least acknowledged. What we've been given is straight up pandering to fetishes, and the characters react accordingly; I'll never understand why they marketed the game as being about choices and family, only to completely ignore those two motifs later on in the game.

Speaking of which, what is the deal with [spoiler=Hidden Truths] Lilith being Corrin's sister? That's never brought up in the main story or any following DLC, so what was the point in writing that? It just makes her come across as very stupid (not to mention creepy, serving as her sibling's maid and then unofficial castle mascot) for not telling Corrin about Valla, along with the Awakening trio. In fact, I can just imagine Owain, Inigo and Severa sitting at the coronation after Conquest and ask themselves if they had forgotten something important, but I digress

But yeah, Kamui and Aqua being related does absolutely nothing for the story. It's not like Kamui being Aqua's cousin makes them any more legitimate for the Valla throne. Why are they crowned king/queen of Valla anyway? Because apparently the Mary Sue journey would not be complete without them ruling over something? I mean … I wouldn't mind the incest and the "we're not related" parts so much if it had an actual plot reason for being there. But there isn't. All of it is there as either an excuse to marry the Hoshido siblings, or it feels like someone's fetish.

No he's not. That's why Gunter had to jump down the hole with them. Only Azura could use the lake to come back and forth. They explained that in Conquest.

Though considering he's Anankos meatsuit on Revelations and gets spiffy new powers thanks to that he probably counts on that route only as Vallite.