FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

That sounds irritating. I'd rather not have the map actively try to hinder my progress at every turn (a certain lategame Revelations chapter comes to mind).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds irritating. I'd rather not have the map actively try to hinder my progress at every turn (a certain lategame Revelations chapter comes to mind).

I totally know which one you're referring to. Bushido Code OP

The recruit condition I have on Arulle is going to be implemented in my hack as well, so it's two tease in one for my entry. (Three if you count her boss condition too)

Edited by Fateborn

You can have your Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Riders Rescue units to take them across, and it would be more like shortcuts than paths.

You can have your Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Riders Rescue units to take them across, and it would be more like shortcuts than paths.

That doesn't really help - forcing a solution through unit selection isn't something that I care for. In other words, if the player kills off all of their fliers, they're out of luck.

There's a longer always-available path full of enemies, and the tide reveals shortcuts through it. It's not even required!

I wasn't planning on gaiden chapters, but if I decide everyone hits the level cap way too fast and just sit at 20 for the last third of the game or something then I'll move some to the side yeah.

Rather than the tide being impassable, wouldn't it just slightly slow movement? So it's basically rain in Lyn's endgame, except it doesn't affect fliers. But fliers are already the units with the most mobility by far, so maybe, we'll see. That it would only affect certain tiles would help...

Though, using the desert tileset for a beach map, that by itself is not a bad idea at all~

I wasn't planning on gaiden chapters, but if I decide everyone hits the level cap way too fast and just sit at 20 for the last third of the game or something then I'll move some to the side yeah.

Rather than the tide being impassable, wouldn't it just slightly slow movement? So it's basically rain in Lyn's endgame, except it doesn't affect fliers. But fliers are already the units with the most mobility by far, so maybe, we'll see. That it would only affect certain tiles would help...

Though, using the desert tileset for a beach map, that by itself is not a bad idea at all~

Just read that.

I have now decided I will move Rye's joining time to Late. Note that.

Also changed it in the original file.

Edited by tjoracer

How about instead of the Manakete-y character using Dragonstones, they are always a dragon and fight like a normal(ish) unit?

Like this!

dragonkin.jpg

Weaponry-

Moonlight- Light Tome, restores 20% of HP at start of turn

Sandstorm- Anima Tome, damage amplified if on desert tile

Entangle- Anima tome, damage amplified if on forest tile

Oh actual lizard people now, Wilhelm's human supremacist attitude going to be worse than ever. After all if magic is bad, what would other races do to set him uneasy

Edit: Since some of you don't understand when I am joking apparently this comment was a pure joke, nothing more. Why I have to clarify this I don't know

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt

A dearth of bosses you say? May as well port another dude from my MAFC submission.

6q4wjj9.png

Name is Zyxz'Zoth and he's a berserker. Give him Hawkeye as a skill or something that makes it so he cannot miss.

Edited by General Ciraxis

Oh wow I like the idea of Entangle. Moonlight also sounds pretty cool.

26437654aa46c6c9d0984833e3ec8414.png

well this isn't turning out quite like imagined, how do streak

(*going to work on Shira's portrait now too, then Kabocha and Nexus unless someone else wants to do them*)

EDIT: oh snap hi i remember you

Edited by 47948201

Wait, I can't decide if the "damage bonus on (terrain) tile" should apply for when the caster or the enemy hit with it. What do you think it should be?

My vote is for the enemy hit--entangle them within the trees they tried to use for defense.

also

dude

idk

how does hair work

0795219bbe18d1dcbc2786b9cfd80757.png

i think i'll just leave graphics to other people and get back to designing the chapters lol it's been way too long since i sprited

My vote is for the enemy hit--entangle them within the trees they tried to use for defense.

also

dude

idk

how does hair work

0795219bbe18d1dcbc2786b9cfd80757.png

i think i'll just leave graphics to other people and get back to designing the chapters lol it's been way too long since i sprited

Seems quite fine to me Far better than I could do haha

Oh actual lizard people now, Wilhelm's human supremacist attitude going to be worse than ever. After all if magic is bad, what would other races do to set him uneasy

With this I'm going to suggest Gargoyles as a modified race probably have them as a tribal culture (that and the sprite work and class animations are already done for you)

Maybe throw in some Tribal spears and the like as I can't see them normally wanting human made spears

-Landfoe-Gargoyles only bonus damaged against unmounted infantry

-Tribal spear -ornamented with feathers and bone otherwise its a spear with high crit (10ish maybe?)

-warrior pride-some melee lance like before I can see tribal weapons having higher crit

-Cheiftian's will-or something basically bigger better weapon for their leaders...

For a map idea a foggy forest/swamp would be a good place for an enemy ambush chapter. basically movement impeding terrain and fog of war with poisoned enemies... I would say either an escape or last a certain number of turns chapter

Edited by Dragrath

Hmmm, a gargoyle tribe chapter, and they live in a poisonous bog! Yeah that sounds like it should work.

(The reason I think Entangle is much cooler than Sandstorm or Rock Riser or Geyser is that forests are a very common defensive terrain that most units can use, as opposed to only brigands or something)

Also! I'm adding Wilhem now, and I am reminded, I need affinities! Choose from:

Dark, Anima, Earth, Fire, Water, Ice, Light, Wind

One popular way of deciding affinities if you can't decide personality-wise is to play FE7, since it associates each affinity with a birthmonth.

(Also, as I'm adding Wilhem, what version of Wrath? It's different in every game lol)

Edited by 47948201