FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

I'm going with the Japanese way of finding your affinity, Kab is born in October, blood type 0, so she's Wind affinity and it fits her personality. Also, maybe an Anima tome that changes type depending on the terrain? That would be pretty complex, but it's just an idea.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait we can choose affinity? Then always the mighty earth earth affinity combo for sweet avoid. To say the least I'll always pick earth when I can.

Wait I was thinking of the Tellius series, still I think I'll go with Earth, if that is not an option, Thunder then.

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt

Okay I think I got the affinities so far.

@anima tome changing based on terrain, I like the idea in general, but simplifying it to just Entangle is way simpler for the player to understand the battle stats of it, and way simpler for me to sprite c:

I uh was working last night and I thought of a question about class distribution but I forgot uhhhh

I guess I'll just do that yeah sure

Blinky and Shira can have what ever affinities you want

Also as a boss it only makes sense for Shiro to be promoted as then you would only have to deal with one class for her.

If you remember the class distribution question let us know! Is there any classes you don't have but want to have someone for?

I noticed you don't have a lot of Archer-class characters (namely, one). Would you like another, or do you have enough characters to work with for now?

Also, on the character sheet, Stephan is labeled as "Stephan an." ???

Edited by Power Master

Characters have their affinities next to their names, so Stephan an means Stephan (anima)

Sheet 2 added! It has the recruitment times of different classes and what weapons they use (in order of proficiency), and by extension, possible spoilers about what the chapters may contain, if you're dumb like me and prefer to stay away from that stuff.

It can also be used as a rough progress report, I guess--for example, all characters are decided for up to Chapter 5, and that's about as far as I've gone with polishing chapters. Some plans exist up to Chapter 9, and that's about as far as I've gone with rough drafts of chapters.

(Worth noting, if you don't see your earlygame character on the sheet, don't worry about rushing them in--earlygame lasts until about Chapter 15)

Edited by 47948201

Rye's recruitment chapter stuff:

The map is a dungeon. There are prisoners you can free, but they will either turn red and attack you with silver weapons of their class that you obtain when they are killed, or give you 2,500 gold and run away.

Rye spawns guarded by a Lvl. 5 general equipped with a steel lance, and Two Lvl. 10 Druids with Nosferatu. To make actually recruiting Rye non-luckbased, he also comes with an item called lucky save. Lucky save is miracle with 100% chance. It only has two uses however, so you do need to be quick in recruiting him.

The majority of the enemies are Lvl. 1-7 Generals, Halberdiers, and Berserkers. with either Steel or silver weapons. The soldiers do meddle in dark magic however, so pay close attention to their stats (Think rainbow sage birthright). Also, give the player some warning about these stat changes in the beginning of the chapter so they don't get super confused.

The boss of the map is a general with Godly resistance, yet zero speed and defense. He is level 20 promoted. It would be perfectly fine to have Rye come and kill the boss to get like 4 level ups.

"Lucky save is miracle with 100% chance. It only has two uses however, so you do need to be quick in recruiting him."
I want to do this, I think it would be a really useful item even in general.

Thanks to a new thing Yeti's implementing/implemented, I think that sounds like a solid, doable chapter, will be sure to refer to it when I get to that point.

uhh I was going to say something oh yeah there are a few sprites I could probably request, two of them I'm going to be super picky about though so uh but the third one is supposed to be a tough, gruff woodsman-y looking dude, I wouldn't mind if he looked something like a mid-level bandit.

(that's in addition to the portraits I don't have for other peoples' characters, ie Kabocha, Blanc, Gris, Noir, Leila, and Fenix, as well as at some point Mondo, Aerune, Havok, and Zero (or did I just miss their descriptions herp very possible))

Edited by 47948201

Legit question, as I assume you are making these chapters, I assume you are having people play test them right? If so when would you say it would be a reasonable guess when we would see a public version for ourselves to test?

For my basic thoughts behind Shiro and Blinky

Blinky would first appear on some chapter with some mage and monster enemies. A character could "talk" to Blinky triggering a strange dialogue exchange involving comments on Blinky's lack of hostility strangely curious reaction. The exchange ends with a satisfied Blinky leaving happily and the character making a comment about how strange that was. Could also involve Blinky's amusement with some useless trinket

Before Shira's Chapter it might be good to have an exchange with the enemy basically sending Shira and some mages to guard a location/distract protagonist or some variation on that. Shira would be given a siege tome and promising to fulfill the deal. As that mage leaves Shira would be happily looking at the siege tome and Blinky would shudder. Or at least something along that line of thought.

When the player unit that talked to Blinky gets in range of Shira(most likely her seige tome range) a dialogue on the enemy phase would trigger

-Shira-Okay... That must be the guys that *insert enemy name* wants me to strike. Alright I...

-Blinky-skee! Ehneeh!

-Shira-Huh, don't attack? friend?

-Blinky-Skree!

-Shira-*dialouge here about Blinky never being wrong when making friends and needing to meet them for herself* then Shira would stop attacking and possibly move towards the players unit(If she moves forward Blinky would follow. Either the player or Shira could initiate the dialogue. (AT least that is the idea I had feel free to modify as needed)

The only thing I had set in my mind is the map would be heavy on siege tome mages everything else is up for grabs as I don't know what would fit best :)

Sure, no rush~

No playtesters yet, but I've thought that once I finish the earlygame arc I'll send it to a person or two. Playtesting is necessarily closed, because the public isn't allowed to have FEXNA at the moment--otherwise there would probably already be a demo.

Hmmm I'm not sure how exclusively untargeting AI would work, with a siege tome it'd be a bigger deal, but I think if it does work I should be able to work with that, yes.

Uh, really, levels at 1/15 then 5/10? Awakening does it at 1/10 then 5/15 so you can't promote without learning the second T1 skill, and the T2 skills are more spaced out.

But okay uhhh I'm not sure if I'll be able to do command rallies, but I know I can do passive rallies so I'll do that as a just-in-case, but hopefully I can get some more command skills going in here. Capture, however, would be a whoooole heck of a lot of coding, and to make it available only on one unit towards the end of the game (ie many players aren't going to ever use it) is uhhh yeah for me probably not worth the effort.

(additional effort being balancing the game around the player having it but not necessarily using it, Capture is kind of a big deal and is nontrivial in many respects)

Edited by 47948201

(warning: I liberally copy-pasted things from old documents of mine)

but hopefully I can get some more command skills going in here.

COVER! Like Rescue, except the unit walks onto the target tile instead of pulling the target to their tile!

SHOVING, of all things, was a pretty radical mechanic from FE9/10 that I never played much with.

You could always transfer % based skills into Command skills.

e.g. Luna

>(Skl)% chance of ignoring half of enemy defenses

ex1- After (N / Skl) combats/turns, can execute attack from menu to ignore half of enemy defenses

ex2- Gain (Skl) points every turn and (Skl/N) points every combat up to X, can execute attack from menu that ignores half enemy defenses if points are maxed.

I mean, that's obviously subpar, but it's what comes to mind.

Considering you are also limiting the usage of the skills to a certain extent, you could also amplify their effects--

Like instead of just having Dance/Play, it could be used on a unit that is a distance away from the Dancer/Bard, or in an area like the transformed Herons(?) from FE9/10.

also semi-related would be "opt-in" skills, which serve as further levers that the player can use to manage enemies (kill or maim to feed to other unit):

Combat-canto, restricted canto ("After moving 1 space and attacking with a bow can move 1 space" sort of thing)

FEIV Luna: When weapon has full uses, attack ignores half of enemy defense

Charge: Atk increased by tiles moved (though would warrant recoding the movement method so that you can overlap your path?)

Timid: Atk increased by N when allies are adjacent

Wall: Takes reduced damage when unable to attack (no weapons / unequipped all weapons / using a bow but is in melee).

tangentally related to -that- would be stat-decreasing skills or buffs based on unit status:

(Spearhead)/(Impact): Damaging an enemy reduces their (Atk/Spd)/(Def/Res) by 2 until your next turn begins.

FEIV Bravado: +8 damage when HP is full

FEIV Toughness: Can only take 1 damage when HP is full

Miracle: Can't be killed if HP of unit when hit is above (80%?) of max.

tangentally related to -that- would be mechanics that lever against enemies:

FEIV Bloodlust: +3 damage when HP is higher than target's

Finisher: +4 damage when enemy HP is below half

Underdog: +15 Hit/Avoid when lower levelled than enemy (promotion = 20 levels)

Knowledge: Hit/Avoid increased by enemy weapon's Might, Crit/Ddg by half that.

Skyfaire: Ignores enemy terrain bonuses in combat

... Does that at least serve as a springboard?

Edited by Eliwan

This looks adorable.

teehee☆

(not the goal but sure lol)

and

lol

uh

i meant hopefully i can code them without too much trouble, command skills are by far the hardest to implement.

But yes, I absolutely want to add Cover, Shove, Swap, and maybe even a Switch? (unit also has a skill that lets them rescue units despite having low con, or can be rescued despite having high con)

Actually, skills like Astra, Luna, and Sol are already command skills in FEXNA, I need to change them back to activation. I do plan to keep some mastery gauge command things, though, yeah.

Again staff.

Charge somewhat exists, hm Timid is a good characterization thing for that skill, I do want to add it. Wall is interesting, sounds good. Debuff attacks hmmm sure. HP full activation, sure. That version of Miracle, already going to add. Finisher and Underdog and oh Skyfaire looks cool.

Edited by 47948201

I don't know if this sound off-topic, but here's my character's appearance concept, if you will: Basically, a green-haired chibi-Gaius/Asugi with Knight armor

Edited by CountessGardy